It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 189
<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm also wondering why Khalid Sheikh Mohammed deserves a trial while Osama deserved assassination.
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was the reported mastermind behind 911. He was evidently waterboarded and gave the US lots of good intel. Now that Osama is dead, do they really need Khalid Sheikh Mohammed anymore?

It wouldn't surprise me if we get the news that that he has committed suicide in prison or died of natural causes. That would really tie up any loose ends.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Wondering why through our internet there is no coverage of other countrys respnse to OBLs death I have been hearing its being muted .. why is this

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

‘For a long time we bought into this vision that Pakistan’s military was a moderate force and we were supporting moderates by supporting the military.

'In fact the military is in alliance with radical militants. Just because they shave their beards, drink whisky and look Western they fooled a lot of people.’
www.dailymail.co.uk...

So true. You cannot tell who is a Muslim, let alone a "Radical Muslim", simply by looking at them or seeing if they drink alcohol beer, eat pork, go to a Christian church, or celebrate Easter. I have lots of Muslims who work for me and although they go to Mosque every Friday, many have no hesitation downing a few beers or eating pizza covered in sausage & pepperoni. Just like every other religion, there are observant ones and those that are very secular.

There has been a lot of claims that Obama is really a Muslim deep down. I don't think that really matters. History has shown that Muslims have not been avers to killing other Muslims for political, or religious reasons.
Even if Obama is a Muslim or has a soft spot for them, that does not mean that he will take sides with them against our country.

I guess what I am tying to say is to not assume that giving the orders to kill Osama proves that Obama is not a Muslim or not. For most politicians, religion takes a back seat to political ambition.

The Pakistan government had better get ready for severe repercussions for their protection of Osama. It is inconceivable to me that their military & government officials did not know Osama was there.
edit on 5/5/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

Time for the US to withdraw all Aid immediately in my opinion.
edit on 5/5/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Apparently, Bin Laden's daughter is telling a different story of how things supposedly went down, CNN confirmed this story last night on air, but just a small blurb...

Senior Pakistani security officials said Osama bin Laden’s daughter had confirmed her father was captured alive and shot dead by the US Special Forces during the first few minutes of the operation carried out at the huge compound in Bilal Town, Abbottabad…
The official said a 12-year-old daughter of bin Laden was among the six children rescued from the three-storey compound.
The daughter has reportedly told her Pakistani investigators that the US forces captured her father alive but shot him dead in front of family members. 

According to sources, Bin Laden was staying on the ground floor of the house and was dragged on the floor to the helicopter after being shot dead by US commandos.
hotair.com...

There also this...

3 of 4 men killed in assault on bin Laden compound were unarmed, never fired shot, officials tell NBC News
hotair.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Almost flawless hit....Don Corleone would be proud.
Too bad they lost the chopper though.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Almost flawless hit....Don Corleone would be proud.
Too bad they lost the chopper though.

Well, if only one of the guards was armed, how would he keep SEAL team 6 locked in an "intense firefight" for 25 to 40 minutes? And why would Osama Bin Laden, have 4 guards, but only one of them be armed??

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but apparently, the "live video feed" went dead for 25 minutes during the raid, according CIA Director Panetta: weeklyintercept.blogspot.com...

Damn, the administration really screwed the pooch on this OBL story, they can't get any of the lies right

edit on 5-5-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Jesus. This story gets better and better. Now, Obama is heading to ground zero, to see if he can get in on some of the re-election action that Bush got for his "leadership" during 9-11. Wouldn't it be stupid as hell, if they knew OBLwas dead, and the whole thing was staged purely to try and bump Obama's popularity? I think though, that the more light that is shined on this story, the more it's gonna backfire.

Isn't his visit to ground zero "spiking the football" more than simply proving to the world Bin Laden was actually killed in this raid?
edit on 5-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just came across this, not sure if it's already been posted.
No resistance in " cold blooded" US raid

Two senior Pakistani security officials, citing their investigation, said there was no firefight because the inhabitants never fired back. "The people inside the house were unarmed. There was no resistance," one of the officials said. "It was cold-blooded," said the second official when asked if there was any exchange of fire during the operation which, U.S. officials said lasted nearly 40 minutes.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by dragonseeker

Jesus. This story gets better and better. Now, Obama is heading to ground zero, to see if he can get in on some of the re-election action that Bush got for his "leadership" during 9-11. Wouldn't it be stupid as hell, if they knew OBLwas dead, and the whole thing was staged purely to try and bump Obama's popularity? I think though, that the more light that is shined on this story, the more it's gonna backfire.

Isn't his visit to ground zero "spiking the football" more than simply proving to the world Bin Laden was actually killed in this raid?

Yep, and he invited GWB also, but he declined. I'm going out on a huge limb, but, I'm starting to think that GWB's conscience is getting to him. He knows what happened, even if he played no role in it. He knows, and he just..might..tell. I'm also considering the possibility that obama himself may be being misled, 25 mins is a long time, more than enough time to come up with any story or "evidence" they wanted to. I'm not trying to give him a pass, just sayin'..it's possible.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Interesting,over 5 years ago my best friends work partner, who was in Afghanistan and training their troops, said "UBL was captured" .At first I thought B.S. because it would be all over the news but nothing. Then I noticed that he wasnt doing his videos anymore and he hasnt in a long time. Honestly I could give a crap either way, Im more concerned about our stealth tech falling into the hands of the Chinese. Hopefully the duech is dead. I still wont vote for Obama he`s tits on a bull.

Bill

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 000063

Originally posted by spy66
Exactly.

There are no evidence that OBL actually got killed in this raid.

We know there was a raid. But that is it.
Sigh.

They did a DNA test, and Al-Qaeda hasn't contradicted them. If they could prove, or even create suspicion, that the US was lying, why wouldn't they?

Al-Qaeda would like nothing more than to discredit the USA. If OBL was alive they would cheerfully and immediately release another video from Osama holding a recent newspaper calling the Americans liers.

Beyond the DNA ...which trumps any digital photography IMO...Pakistan (who also wouldn't mind embarrassing America right now) has publically said they they have interviewed OBLs wife and children left behind and they confirm he was shot and killed. This link speaks of the 13 year old daughter...but BBC news reported on air that Pakistani officials had also said that OBL's fourth wife, a Yemeni, who was shot in the leg, also confirmed that OBL was shot and killed.

Osama Bin Laden shot dead in front of relatives, claims Al Qaeda leader's 12-year-old daughter
www.nydailynews.com...

I understand that the mass of evidence and logic will not dissuade those hungry for a conspiracy, but I still think thier is value in providing evidence to those who are interested in rationally examining it and comming to a conclusion.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseeker
I'm not trying to give him a pass, just sayin'..it's possible.

Anything's possible when it comes to this story. It changes with each passing day.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Al-Qaeda would like nothing more than to discredit the USA. If OBL was alive they would cheerfully and immediately release another video from Osama holding a recent newspaper calling the Americans liers.

You have to keep in mind that AQ is not a tight knit organization. And Bin Laden is almost certainly dead, but it's entirely possible that if he died of natural causes those close to him would keep that under wraps, since it would not serve as a very good rallying tool if their god let him die of natural causes (i.e. renal failure) in bed. They're probably more than willing to go with this story, since it will suit their purposes much better to say the infidels martyred him. And if they did keep his death quiet, it would do them alot more harm than good to come out and say to their followers that they hid that from them.

As for the daughter and wife's story, if it's true, we truly have become the monsters we've been fighting. If they had the opportunity to take Bin Laden alive, and just executed him on the spot, despite there being no resistance...that's pretty f-ing heavy. They put Nazis, Saddam Hussein, etc. on trial. People keep saying they would have shot him on the spot too, despite no trial, simply because of their emotions about 9/11. Murder is murder, and everybody deserves the opportunity to defend themselves in court if they choose to surrender.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The daughter has reportedly told her Pakistani investigators that the US forces captured her father alive but shot him dead in front of family members. 

According to sources, Bin Laden was staying on the ground floor of the house and was dragged on the floor to the helicopter after being shot dead by US commandos.
hotair.com...

This is what confuses me...How quickly you tout anonymous "sources" while dismissing almost everything else?

Shouldn't you have an equal bar of credibility for those sources that don't support your conspiracy as you do with sources that do?

...I don't care how he died...just as long as he is dead. Seal Team 6 are killers...they eat/sleep/train every day of thier lives to do nothing else but kill people under the most difficult circumstances. They aren't cowboys or movie stars...they are the best killers amongst the entirety of the US Military we can create with all of our resources and training. They follow orders. If ever there was a reason to employ the most elite of our military, this was it.

Whatever the Politicians and media says...OBL is dead...he was killed by Team 6 of the Navy Seals...and the kill order originated with President Obama...Those facts I am near certain of and I am OK with them.

Why? Meet Beverly Eckert....Go to the link and listen to her story of how she spoke with her trapped husband as he died on Sept. 11th...hear her voice...and know that she was just one of thousands that endured such a unfathomable blow to thier world that day because this madman wanted to make a point by slaughtering thousands of innocent Americans in the most horrifying way he could dream up.

Click "listen to the story"
www.npr.org...

On Sept. 11, Rooney called his wife at 9:30 a.m. He told her he was on the 105th floor, and he'd been trying to get out.

"He told me that he, you know, hadn't had any success and now the stairwell was full of smoke," Eckert says. "I asked if it hurt for him to breathe and he paused for a moment, and says, 'No.' He loved me enough to lie."

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

This is what confuses me...How quickly you tout anonymous "sources" while dismissing almost everything else?

First of all, the sources aren't anonymous. It's his wife and daughter, supposedly. Second, do you not see where I clearly typed "if it's true" and "supposedly"? I'm not believing one over the other at this time. I said "if it's true".

Shouldn't you have an equal bar of credibility for those sources that don't support your conspiracy as you do with sources that do?

My conspiracy? I haven't conspired to do a damned thing, I just don't swallow what our corrupt government shoves in my mouth. I need proof, and they haven't provided any. My bar is equal, I wonder though if yours is. I bet, I can find many a thread, where you show mistrust for the government, because it may suit your personal opinion. Why do you put faith in them, simply because you want this to be true?

...I don't care how he died...just as long as he is dead. Seal Team 6 are killers...they eat/sleep/train every day of thier lives to do nothing else but kill people under the most difficult circumstances. They aren't cowboys or movie stars...they are the best killers amongst the entirety of the US Military we can create with all of our resources and training. They follow orders. If ever there was a reason to employ the most elite of our military, this was it.

I went to school with, and worked out with a guy who is now in the SEALs. They are not mindless killers, by any means. They are operators, they follow orders. They would not go against orders, and kill, unless they fired upon, or are given the order to do so. They would not let their emotions come before the mission. If they were ordered to bring him back alive, he'd have been hogtied in the back of that chopper in way less than 40 minutes.

Whatever the Politicians and media says...OBL is dead...he was killed by Team 6 of the Navy Seals...and the kill order originated with President Obama...Those facts I am near certain of and I am OK with them.

Why? Meet Beverly Eckert....Go to the link and listen to her story of how she spoke with her trapped husband as he died on Sept. 11th...hear her voice...and know that she was just one of thousands that endured such a unfathomable blow to thier world that day because this madman wanted to make a point by slaughtering thousands of innocent Americans in the most horrifying way he could dream up.

Sorry, but the 9/11 card doesn't work on me. It was a horrible tragedy, yes. But, no more horrible than any other tragedy that happens frequently to us on this planet, be it caused by man, or nature. There are just as horrific stories that could be told in Iraq, or Afghanistan, of people being in buildings when U.S. munitions rained down upon them, targeting a few bad guys among civilians.

The 9/11 card does not prompt me to just have faith in the government, that has lied to us again and again.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's pretty annoying how the numbers 9/11 cause people to walk on eggshells. Hardly a peep about Obama's "we don't spike the football- 9/11 political points exploitation tour", it's pretty distasteful in my opinion.

Now he's hugging all the family members. "Great photo op Mr. President, don't worry we have disinfectant wipes back in the car."

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I went to school with, and worked out with a guy who is now in the SEALs. They are not mindless killers, by any means.

Never said "mindless" ...just "killers"...and I have a brother in the Special Forces in Afghanistan. I am not being deragotory when I say "killers". It is precisely what they are trained to do. The average Spec Ops soldier has an above average IQ...not mindless by any stretch of the imagination. I am not saying that they are sociapaths either...they are simply very well trained to kill people and they follow orders.

I believe that President Obama and staff made a decision not to have a trial and told them to kill OBL on site....no matter what they or the media says...and I am OK with that.

Sorry, but the 9/11 card doesn't work on me. It was a horrible tragedy, yes. But, no more horrible than any other tragedy that happens frequently to us on this planet, be it caused by man, or nature.

Strongly disagree...

9-11 is not a "card" to be played. Did you listen to that womans story? Do you think she cared about politics?

Natural Disasters are not planned with malice.

However OBL died it was better than he deserved.

I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on those points.

As far as "sources" I wasn't questioning the daughter or wives accounting of what happened...I was questioning the anonymous "sources" that claimed that was what they were saying as I have heard conflicting accounts from un-named "Pakastani officials" as to what the daughter and wife are saying. It is not yet clear (and may never be) how OBL died.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It's pretty annoying how the numbers 9/11 cause people to walk on eggshells. Hardly a peep about Obama's "we don't spike the football- 9/11 political points exploitation tour", it's pretty distasteful in my opinion.

Now he's hugging all the family members. "Great photo op Mr. President, don't worry we have disinfectant wipes back in the car."

That is opinion.

The President of the United States ..in my opinion...is obligated to pay respect to those that were lost.
I have no doubt if he failed to do the same that his detractors would take the position he does not care about 9-11.

Again...9-11 is not a "card" to be played...yet you seem to be using it for that purpose? To paint the POTUS as the most callous of opportunists? I will leave you to the thread.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on those points.

I'm okay with that. And I'm not trying to be cold about 9/11, I'm really not. It's just that to me, it seems people in this country seem to feel it trumps all other tragedies, because it happened to Americans. I also don't see it as a reason to just believe the government, because I feel they let it happen in the first place, in order to gain support for the foreign policy that followed. I'm not a "truther" who thinks they did it, or that the buildings were detonated. I believe there really are religious extremists out there who are angry with our presence in their region, and resort to terrorism. I also think our elitist serving government uses whatever opportunity they can to push their agendas. There was ample warning something was gonna go down, and I think they left the door open. There's lots of evidence that points to that. In my opinion, there are millions of innocent people caught in the middle of a war between two bad forces trying to push their own agendas, in the west and the east. It's a tragedy here when innocents die, and a tragedy over there too. We've caused the deaths of innocents over there, and we accept it as collateral damage, and even though we may not want it to happen, we accept it and carry out our strikes. That's not a whole lot better than intentionally targeting them, IMO. Homicide, is homicide.

As far as "sources" I wasn't questioning the daughter or wives accounting of what happened...I was questioning the anonymous "sources" that claimed that was what they were saying as I have heard conflicting accounts from un-named "Pakastani officials" as to what the daughter and wife are saying. It is not yet clear (and may never be) how OBL died.

I agree. It's still early, so we will have to see who comes out and says what in the coming weeks. The decision not to release the photos of Bin Laden really nailed it in, for me, that there is BS afoot. Even if what the government claims is true, that they don't want to inflame the extremists...then THEY win. The fear of their terrorism, is the sole reason the decision was made not to prove to the world that OBL was killed last weekend by SEALs. They win, since they are able to dictate our actions, through fear of theirs.

top topics

<< 186  187  188    190  191  192 >>

join