It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Anybody catch Alan Dershowitz on Piers Morgan tonight? That guy is dead on. Sums up what I feel completely...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tosskey
Not that you'll believe it anyways, but:

Please, no need to suggest I'm some unreasonable conspiracy theorist who won't accept any evidence that may be contrary to my gut feeling. I can readily admit that I'm wrong, albeit rarely.

I have no evidence one way or the other that he had ESRD, and that's an interesting read. May or may not be true, we'll never know because they ditched the body and have made it clear they're not going to release any evidence to us, because we're apparently still giving Islamic extremists the power to dictate our actions by terrorizing us. Seems to me, they've won.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Anybody catch Alan Dershowitz on Piers Morgan tonight? That guy is dead on. Sums up what I feel completely...

Because you agree with him.

Makes him dead on?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hmmm - I figured you two would be the next 2 posters - waiting for another to chime in - Trolls are easy to spot! - Feed Not The Trolls!
edit on 4-5-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sorry, dead on in my opinion. Happy?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
Hmmm - I figured you two would be the next 2 posters - waiting for another to chime in

Oh, you think we were responding to your tasteful post. How cute.

Feed Not The Trolls!

I try not to. That's why I wasn't responding to you, FYI.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Annee

Sorry, dead on in my opinion. Happy?

Yep.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Until they release the photos of Bin Laden, I'm gonna hold on to doubt that they killed him. I don't think he's alive, end stage renal disease is a deadly condition. My thoughts have been that they were finally able to confirm without a doubt, somehow, that he had died. Then, they conducted this raid against his son, and used the opportunity to stage that they killed Bin Laden. We'll see who comes out of the woodwork, and says what in the coming weeks...

My feeling is, if they were not going to release the photos. then why send the Seals in? If proof to the American people was not important, then why not just drop a dozen 2.000 lb bombs on his head?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Yeah, there's no telling. Probably because that would make some kind of sense. I wonder if the government is genuinely surprised that so many people are refusing to just take their word for it...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I think the American public is finally waking up and challenging what they are told. Little by little. Once a person realizes he has been duped, he most likely will never trust them again.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

nothin more to say

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I would be more willing to take their word for it if several credible sources hadn't already come out and claimed that OBL has been dead at least 9 times. In my mind, we may never know how it went down. This is getting filed right next to the JFK files, and Jimmy Hoffa.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueLightRain

what about obl's daughter, wife, all those that were there in the villa?
there are many living witnesses, why isnt there any news, accounts of what happened from them?
what are the pakistanis doing to them?

i would imagine that even al-qaeda would want to have a chat with them...
"...alright i prefer your account of what happened rather than reports from the western media...?"

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's ironic that I was putting the final touches on my latest kinetic typography video when I first heard this news....

I'm glad that 'we finally got him' but there's this weird dissonance inside of me I can't quite explain...
I don't feel relief.
I don't feel any safer.
I don't even really care all that much to be honest.

And yes, I'm an American.
And yes, I love my country (well, what it was founded on that is)
And I am all about honesty/the truth, peace, love and understanding.
So maybe that's where the contradiction lies...
Anyone else feeling like this?
I have yet to talk with any of my friends/peers that can relate to what I'm feeling (although, TBH- they are, *as much as I wish they weren't* still part of the herd)

Oh- and here's that video if ya'll are interested...
put a lot of TLC into it

LOVE AND PEACE TO YOU ALL!!!
xoxo

edit on 5-5-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

****oh yeah- and just on a personal note-
the third verse/hook/bridge/whatever you'd like to call it- lol- is EXACTLY how I feel...
starting with (at approx 3 min, 20 seconds into the video):
"I really think the silence, is worse than all the violence..."
and continuing on through the chorus****
edit on 5-5-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: ETA

edit on 5-5-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
My feeling is, if they were not going to release the photos. then why send the Seals in? If proof to the American people was not important, then why not just drop a dozen 2.000 lb bombs on his head?

I have a couple of thoughts on this. They clearly wanted proof, but I don't think they necessily wanted that proof for the American people *cough* the rest of the World, I think they wanted that proof for themselves. Afterall they could have dropped a bomb on the place, been all happy about it, celebrations in time square. Then sometime later Bin Laden blows up The White House. Turns out you just killed his family while he's popped the the local Qwik-e-mart for some squishies.

Then you have to factor it what they hope to gain from the computers, etc. Potentially there could be valuble information on there, imagine if they blew all that up?

Clearly the photos not being released is a blow to some people, but I really don't see what so hard to accept about Obama's reasons for not releasing them. It makes perfect sense to me. I actually think it's a shame Pakistan chose to release the photos they did from after the seals left. They're pretty graphic.

Originally posted by BlueLightRain
I would be more willing to take their word for it if several credible sources hadn't already come out and claimed that OBL has been dead at least 9 times. In my mind, we may never know how it went down. This is getting filed right next to the JFK files, and Jimmy Hoffa.

Who are these "several" credible sources? I've only seen 2 posible sources so far, both contradicted each other, neither particularly credible.
edit on 5/5/11 by DJKris because: Added response

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Originally posted by mishigas

I have a couple of thoughts on this. They clearly wanted proof, but I don't think they necessily wanted that proof for the American people *cough* the rest of the World, I think they wanted that proof for themselves. Afterall they could have dropped a bomb on the place, been all happy about it, celebrations in time square. Then sometime later Bin Laden blows up The White House. Turns out you just killed his family while he's popped the the local Qwik-e-mart for some squishies.

Not likely. The residents of the compound were so paranoid that they burned their trash, and instead of returning the occasional soccer ball that went over the wall onto their grounds, they paid the urchins for a new ball.

If they had that level of intel, then they knew OBL was in there.

Then you have to factor it what they hope to gain from the computers, etc. Potentially there could be valuble information on there, imagine if they blew all that up?

No internet or phone connections to the compound. Obviously all intel was passed via couriers, so there's your target(s).

And they made a major f*-up by blabbing that they had found a "treasure trove" of intel on the computers. Right? Or should I explain?

Clearly the photos not being released is a blow to some people, but I really don't see what so hard to accept about Obama's reasons for not releasing them. It makes perfect sense to me.

Makes no sense to me. Why even admit they had photos? And to think that releasing them will make the islamo-facists any more upset is not true.

I actually think it's a shame Pakistan chose to release the photos they did from after the seals left. They're pretty graphic.

So they're graphic. So what? Let them serve as a warning.

Who are these "several" credible sources? I've only seen 2 posible sources so far, both contradicted each other, neither particularly credible.

I also would like to know who these 'credible sources' are.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
reply to post by BlueLightRain

what about obl's daughter, wife, all those that were there in the villa?
there are many living witnesses, why isnt there any news, accounts of what happened from them?
what are the pakistanis doing to them?

i would imagine that even al-qaeda would want to have a chat with them...
"...alright i prefer your account of what happened rather than reports from the western media...?"

The Daily Mail is reporting that Pakistan refuses to hand over or give the US access to Bin Laden's wife.
It is also reported that Bin Laden had $750 on him and was ready to get out of Dodge.

But with accusations flying that Pakistan shielded the international terrorist, officials refused the Americans permission to interrogate her at the military hospital in Rawalpindi where she is being treated for a bullet wound in the calf.

They said that Al Sadah would be sent back to Yemen once she has recovered. That would prevent the U.S. from learning key details about bin Laden’s time in Pakistan.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

It is also being reported here that

There were also reports that bin Laden's son Mohammed was captured by the U.S. forces and flown out of the compound.

A CIA spokesman has categorically denied both the claims, with unnamed White House officials adding: 'The only person other than the team who left Abbottabad was Osama bin Laden's remains.'

In a particularly salacious account, the National Enquirer claimed that the Al Qaeda leader had begged for his life and said 'it's not me' when he was confronted by the hit team. www.dailymail.co.uk...

What really happened to Osama's son? Was he killed or taken into custody?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It looks like an impersonator was killed. He had a good life for 10 years. There will never be an interview with his wife. If there is, it is another impersonator.

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join