It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
reply to post by 000063

My bad. The links still refute your claim.

So they do a DNA test 6 hours after killing him
Source. I haven't heard anything concrete about about the time frame.

(fastest DNA test in history, and it wasn't like they swabbed the guy right in a lab - he was flown in a helicopter for hours), and you believe it. No photo, no publicly released DNA test, just them saying they did.
The data was transmitted to DC, DNA tests can be performed in a few hours, two women in the compound ID'd him, and the second sample is being bought back to be tested again.

en.wikipedia.org...

And I'd like to know why a DNA test was enough to ID Saddam, but not Osama. For all we know, the gov't could've killed Saddam a long time ago, and the guy they found in the hole was a double whose DNA results they faked.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

reply to post by 000063

So they do a DNA test 6 hours after killing him (fastest DNA test in history, and it wasn't like they swabbed the guy right in a lab - he was flown in a helicopter for hours), and you believe it. No photo, no publicly released DNA test, just them saying they did.

the ct argument for dna test should be...

how do we know that the cia did not secretly obtain dna samples from one of obl's numerous half-brothers in saudi arabia and then use it as if it were truly obl's dna for the dna test?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
The radical. extremist Muslims don't need any pictures in order to seek revenge for Osama's assassination. They will be hell bent on striking back no matter what the White house releases.
The Administration must therefore be worried about the reaction by non-radical, non-extremist, Muslims. This is what is puzzling.
For years we have heard reports that the average Muslim despises Osama and Al Quada. I have heard it reported that they do not consider Osama's actions as true Jihad. So why should the administration be concerned that the photos would inflame the Muslim world? Is that a true commentary on how the administration views the average Muslim? I am not Muslim, but if I were, I would be offended by this stereotype.
Fine. Muslim extremist world. Happy?

There are plenty of pictures & videos of beheading and stoning on the internet for all to see.
And people get plenty pissed off at those.

And don't forget that the administration did not seem to care about the sensitivities of Muslims when it came to releasing the pictures of Abu Graib. Their sudden compassion & sensitivity seems insincere to me.
Those were leaked photos, from the Bush administration.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

reply to post by 000063

So they do a DNA test 6 hours after killing him (fastest DNA test in history, and it wasn't like they swabbed the guy right in a lab - he was flown in a helicopter for hours), and you believe it. No photo, no publicly released DNA test, just them saying they did.

the ct argument for dna test should be...

how do we know that the cia did not secretly obtain dna samples from one of obl's numerous half-brothers in saudi arabia and then use it as if it were truly obl's dna for the dna test?

1. Have they ever done it before?
2. Do we have any evidence indicating they did in this case?
3. Are any of his bros missing?
4. Where's the real Osama?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So pictures aren't going to be released?

Stop the world I want to get off....

Where's Bill Hicks when you need him?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063
And the country I'm from, which uses the dollar? It's not even on that list I just posted.

What country would that be? Or does it change, and you know the mods will see that?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

if obls dna was matched against his half-sis (is this true?) it will yield a positive confirmation...the same can be achieved for any dna from his half-bros matched against his half-sis?

1) who knows...but it can be done?
2) none whatsoever...like i mentioned...this would be an argument for the conspiracy theorists (ct)
3) they dont have to go missing to have their dna retrieved

4) dead...

is it possible to fake your death by getting a corpse...removing all its orig teeth...replacing them with yours...burning/charring everything to a crisp...and subsequently using the teeth found with the charred corpse for dna identification...and matching it against that of your parents...leading to positive identification...

are you really dead?

edit on 4/5/11 by FuGGer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Am I the only one who feels like he's living in an episode of The Twilight Zone right now?

What the *beep* is going on?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Neil, from UK writes: "I served my country and paid the price for it as I got injured in Afghanistan. Also my friend lost his life. I would want to see evidence of his death as it would bring closure to soldiers and injured soldiers and the fallen.The people that are saying Obama doesn't need to show evidence - he was quick enough showing Saddam Hussain getting hanged, why not show the most wanted man in the world?"

BBC News

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

How about you watch Fox news.

I used to watch FOX news. It used to be my main source of MSM.

Then it just got more and more bizarre and ridiculous.

I prefer discussion boards - - where I get a variety of viewpoints.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

He's got a point, though.
This crappy old notebook has 60 gigs-but i could still fit all the invasion plans for WW1, 2 & 3 on it

Now if it was the Enron files, well, thats several tons of paper, it would be easier to 'pull it'

I can't see OBL leaving dozens of computers lying around, he was more careful than that.
Then again, he may have had all his family snaps & pictures of him shaking hands with all those presidents & industrial leaders, not to mention all those CIA contacts & building contracts-would probably need several notebooks by then.
Maybe the seals took all the monitors & power supplies as well, the chopper couldn't handle the extra weight

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Neil, from UK writes: "I served my country and paid the price for it as I got injured in Afghanistan. Also my friend lost his life. I would want to see evidence of his death as it would bring closure to soldiers and injured soldiers and the fallen.The people that are saying Obama doesn't need to show evidence - he was quick enough showing Saddam Hussain getting hanged, why not show the most wanted man in the world?"

BBC News
Doubts != evidence.

Also, the Iraqis taped the Saddam execution, not the US, and it cut off before the actual dying part. There was a leaked video by a guard, however.
edit on 2011/5/4 by 000063 because: +

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

if obls dna was matched against his half-sis (is this true?) it will yield a positive confirmation...the same can be achieved for any dna from his half-bros matched against his half-sis?

1) who knows...but it can be done?
2) none whatsoever...like i mentioned...this would be an argument for the conspiracy theorists (ct)
3) they dont have to go missing to have their dna retrieved

4) dead...

is it possible to fake your death by getting a corpse...removing all its orig teeth...replacing them with yours...burning/charring everything to a crisp...and subsequently using the teeth found with the charred corpse for dna identification...and matching it against that of your parents...leading to positive identification...

are you really dead?

edit on 4/5/11 by FuGGer because: (no reason given)
That would be an extraordinary claim, which would require extraordinary evidence to verify, like most CT claims.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

And I'd like to know why a DNA test was enough to ID Saddam, but not Osama. For all we know, the gov't could've killed Saddam a long time ago, and the guy they found in the hole was a double whose DNA results they faked.

Why do people keep saying this? Saddam was captured alive, found guilty in a trial, and publicly executed. This is much different than the shooting of OBL and secret disposal of his body before even announcing to the world what happened. It's quite frankly a silly comparison.

Furthermore, even the report of matching DNA confirmation has changed. The night of the announcement the MSM reported a DNA match, yet Monday morning on CNN they noted that at 7am there was still no DNA match, it was not until 11am (Monday) that they confirmed a match. So....his body was disposed off into the deep abyss without even knowing for sure it was OBL?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
lol this does feel like an episode of the Twilight zone.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

And the country I'm from, which uses the dollar? It's not even on that list I just posted.

What country would that be? Or does it change, and you know the mods will see that?
You have repeatedly tried to personalize this debate. Who I am, and where I'm from, is not important as to whether I'm arguing logically. I chose this username specifically because it's anonymous, and have gone out of my way to avoid giving any personal identification. The fact that I used "dollar" is proof of precisely Sweet Fanny Adams, and don't bother trying to analyze my writing style, Inspector Lestrade.

But enough about me.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamMe14
Why do people keep saying this? Saddam was captured alive, found guilty in a trial, and publicly executed. This is much different than the shooting of OBL and secret disposal of his body before even announcing to the world what happened. It's quite frankly a silly comparison.
Because he was given what was basically the same DNA test to confirm his identity, one which we have to take the US's word for, yet no one is questioning that one. Without that test, all we'd have is a man who looks like Saddam being put on trial. The fact that he was put on trial is irrelevant to the fact that he was ID'd in the same fashion as Oama.

And I'm pretty certain I'm the only one who keeps saying it.

Furthermore, even the report of matching DNA confirmation has changed. The night of the announcement the MSM reported a DNA match,
Source.

yet Monday morning on CNN they noted that at 7am there was still no DNA match,
Source.

it was not until 11am (Monday) that they confirmed a match.
Source

So....his body was disposed off into the deep abyss without even knowing for sure it was OBL?
Or the news made mistakes in reporting. You remember all the confusion around 9/11, right?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Listen folks, Emmanuel Goldstein is dead!

The government has told us, so we should believe it!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 000063

Well the administration told us certain things, e.g. the human shield, Osama was armed etc and Obama and his staff were watching the raid unfold live and they released a picture showing them watching it.

Well they must have been watching the wrong channel because now the story has changed. Seems what they saw wasn't quite what happened was it?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

US Attorney General Eric Holder has told a Senate committee that Osama bin Laden's killing was lawful and an act of national self-defence. But the high-profile UK-based human rights lawyer, Geoffrey Robertson, has said it was "not justice". "It's a perversion of the term. Justice means taking someone to court, finding them guilty upon evidence and sentencing them," he told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. "This man has been subject to summary execution, and what is now appearing after a good deal of disinformation from the White House is it may well have been a cold-blooded assassination."

BBC News

new topics

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join