It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 184
<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Annee is obviously one of those people....rather not know the truth...To her the lie is much more comfortable.

LOL

Truth? What exactly is that - - and how do you decide what is truth and what isn't? Unless - you were actually there.

Do you decide Truth from a Photoshopped photo? Because that's what is going to be claimed if a photo is released.

I'm going with Prevention. Prevention of more destruction and death by not releasing the photo.

For the right reasons - - the right decision was made not to release it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063

They did a DNA test, and Al-Qaeda hasn't contradicted them.

Error, Try again. Taliban claims Bin Laden is still alive. Main Stream news.

www.bloomberg.com...

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 4-5-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Shephard on Fox news is admitting suspician in the story...FINALLY

edit on 4-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

www.bloomberg.com...

And clearly, they'd never lie.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Not one news source has mentioned that Bin Ladin was a religious leader. He had no military training except for what the CIA gave him. Seems like they are trying to modify history.
religion.blogs.cnn.com...

Bin Laden had no official religious training but developed his own theology of Islam.
---
"If the likes of bin Laden, if they had spent one day or maybe one month possibly, in a madrassa (Muslim religious school) and understood how the canonical tradition is interpreted, they would not go onto this kind of destructive path they go on," Moosa said.
---
"What you had was an engineer and a doctor leading a global jihad against the whole world," Malik said. "That would never happen in normative Islam. It's just such an aberration."
---
John Esposito, a professor of religion and international affairs at Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service, said bin Laden "appropriates Islam ... to legitimate and mobilize people."

Did you read the article, or just skim? It backs up perfectly the claim that a)he was a religious leader, and b)his beliefs were extremist, not mainstream.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by 000063

They did a DNA test, and Al-Qaeda hasn't contradicted them. If they could prove, or even create suspicion, that the US was lying, why wouldn't they?

I can't blame Al Qaeda much for keeping quiet...

If the US faked OBL's death, it would be in their best interest to say so. Even if they don't have evidence, they can create doubt in the minds of fence-sitters.

link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Neither would our government.

link   

And this surprises you coming from FOX news?

FOX news has said a lot of things - - except giving Obama any credit.

link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by Annee

That's fine Annee, don't look at them. Some of us do want to see the photos, not because we get off on it, but because we want to verify that we're not being lied to, again. You know I'm not wanting to celebrate this, please stop trying to force your beliefs and wishes on all of us. Just don't look, simple as that. Either way, they're not gonna be released, because our government is lying to us, again.

edit on 4-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

Exactly!!!
Puzzles me how some people would rather stay in never-never land, KNOWING we were lied to on 9/11.

Annee is obviously one of those people....rather not know the truth...To her the lie is much more comfortable.
I hope that one day, you have the maturity to recognize your own hypocrisy.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Bull puckey - they blatantly supported Obama's decision to strike Libya. They're drooling all over Obama's supposed decision to take out Bin Laden.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

www.bloomberg.com...

The claim was that Al-Quaeda/Taliban hasn't contradicted the official story. Clearly they have.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

www.bloomberg.com...

they would not believe the al Qaeda leader was dead until they see proof or receive confirmation from sources close to him.
---
“This news is only coming from one side, from Obama’s office, and America has not shown any evidence or proof to support this claim,” Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in a statement emailed to journalists. “On the other side, our sources close to Osama bin Laden have not confirmed or denied the news.”

“Until there is news from sources close to Osama bin Laden it will be too early to provide any reaction,” the statement said.

WHOOPS. Looks like you misrepresented the content of those links. They're not saying he's alive, just that they don't believe he's dead without what they consider evidence. They are saying they will not react one way or another until that evidence arrives.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Looks like you misrepresented

Speaking of that, just curious why you got real silent after saying you pay 2 dollars for beer, but claim to not be an American, or in the U.S.

More and more people are seeing through the lies, and the more this administration squirms, the more blood people are gonna smell in the water. There are no pictures to release.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

No..Shephard is saying that the WH need not get mad at the arising conspiracies, cuz they are creating the confusion..

He is really 'slick' putting out there...its obvious that he does not buy it

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Bull puckey - they blatantly supported Obama's decision to strike Libya. They're drooling all over Obama's supposed decision to take out Bin Laden.

OK - if you say so.

How about the web site.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 000063

My bad. The links still refute your claim.

So they do a DNA test 6 hours after killing him (fastest DNA test in history, and it wasn't like they swabbed the guy right in a lab - he was flown in a helicopter for hours), and you believe it. No photo, no publicly released DNA test, just them saying they did.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

OK - if you say so.

How about the web site.

How about you watch Fox news. I'm not going to do your homework for you. Hell, Oreilly was caught red handed defending Obama's birth certificate and lying about Obama's father living in Connecticut, and that's how Obama got his Connecticut SSN.

When Obama goes to war, Fox News LOVES him! Which shows the false left right paradigm perfectly.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm really confused now....

1. Did this happen a week ago or did this happen 24 hours ago?

2. Was OBL armed and shooting or was he unarmed and just shot?

3. Did the Seals take the body and also his son as a prisoner or did they just take OBL, or did they take one dead son, one living and a dead OBL?

4. If they had a firefight for 40minutes, how many people were in the building?

Before the week is up we will see other major develpments to confuse everyone even more.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Looks like you misrepresented

Speaking of that, just curious why you got real silent after saying you pay 2 dollars for beer, but claim to not be an American, or in the U.S.
en.wikipedia.org...

The dollar (often represented by the dollar sign $) is the name of the official currency of many countries, including the United States, Canada, the Eastern Caribbean territories, Ecuador, Suriname, El Salvador, Panama, Belize, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Brunei, East Timor, Australia, and New Zealand.

You ain't Sherlock Homes, kid.

If I'm talking to Americans, I'm putting it in terms familiar to you. I don't drink in the first place, so I just guessed at the cost. And the country I'm from, which uses the dollar? It's not even on that list I just posted.

More and more people are seeing through the lies, and the more this administration squirms, the more blood people are gonna smell in the water. There are no pictures to release.
Unsupported assertion. Annee thinks that it's better for the pictures not to be released. Unless she's a plant too.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The radical. extremist Muslims don't need any pictures in order to seek revenge for Osama's assassination. They will be hell bent on striking back no matter what the White house releases.
The Administration must therefore be worried about the reaction by non-radical, non-extremist, Muslims. This is what is puzzling.
For years we have heard reports that the average Muslim despises Osama and Al Quada. I have heard it reported that they do not consider Osama's actions as true Jihad. So why should the administration be concerned that the photos would inflame the Muslim world? Is that a true commentary on how the administration views the average Muslim? I am not Muslim, but if I were, I would be offended by this stereotype.

Do they view Muslims like Pavlov's dog? That they will just instinctively resort to violence. Absurd.

There are plenty of pictures & videos of beheading and stoning on the internet for all to see.

And don't forget that the administration did not seem to care about the sensitivities of Muslims when it came to releasing the pictures of Abu Graib. Their sudden compassion & sensitivity seems insincere to me.

I don't need to see the pictures, although I would like to. I am confident that Osama is dead. I have grave doubts that we have been told the truth about what happened though. While I am glad Obama made the right call, his actions have not earned my trust.

new topics

top topics

<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join