It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Killed in U.S. Raid

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Dont know if these has been posted yet because i havent been able to read through all 130+ pages but May 1st 1945 was the date that Adolf Hitler was announced as being deceased.... just thought i would throw this out there in case no one has realized it yet.

link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by SaturnFX
you think its bad then, wait for the next poll...sure, his poll numbers will go up, but the people that disliked him before are going to really dislike him now...its not about logic, its about partisan water carrying.

There are truths, damn truths and facts....the statement above is a fact!

Star for you!!!!
Indeed!
It is the American way.
A star for both of you!

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by LosLobos

So we should just execute people that might inconvenience us to put on trial? Really? Wow.....

Can you site the legal code, internal or external, that requires you capture and put on trial an enemy combatant?

link   

So we should just execute people that might inconvenience us to put on trial? Really? Wow.....

Simple answer is yes. First of all, OBL is not an American citizen so he doesn't rate a triall under our judicial system. So that means a military court. I will tell you right now that would be a puppet court if OBL was tried under the military system. The entire world would see it as a sham. That creates more hatred of us.

It would look like that puppet court that got Sadaam.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
ask yourself this question. i read thru this whole thing and i am watcing this. All the people on ats have questions. THUS, if the media set fourth all answers there would be NO questions. THUS, COVERUP.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Just a make a good point been pointed by some here,

Just how many times has bin laden died now?

I remember an CNN article last two years ago stating that CIA officials believe bin laden is dead and was dead.

Source
give some sources to these claims please.

www.worldtribune.com...

Bin Laden may be dead, but living on through old sound bites U.S. intelligence agencies are beginning to suspect that Al Qaida leader Osama Bin Laden is dead after all, despite a recent audio tape exhorting Al Qaida terrorists in Iraq.

www.time.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

Just how many times has he died?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Obama watched the whole raid in real-time video . That is the video I would like to see!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Just a make a good point been pointed by some here,

Just how many times has bin laden died now?

I remember an CNN article last two years ago stating that CIA officials believe bin laden is dead and was dead.

Source
give some sources to these claims please.

www.worldtribune.com...

Bin Laden may be dead, but living on through old sound bites U.S. intelligence agencies are beginning to suspect that Al Qaida leader Osama Bin Laden is dead after all, despite a recent audio tape exhorting Al Qaida terrorists in Iraq.

www.time.com...
www.cbsnews.com...

Just how many times has he died?

That doesn't say he had died. It says they suspect. I suspect you don't know the difference, thus you don't know the difference.

Get it?
edit on 2-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Can you site the legal code, internal or external, that requires you capture and put on trial an enemy combatant?
I would add,

What legal defense was there for any of the victims of OBL? Like Daniel Pearl?

Screw OBL, he got what he deserved.

link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
ask yourself this question. i read thru this whole thing and i am watcing this. All the people on ats have questions. THUS, if the media set fourth all answers there would be NO questions. THUS, COVERUP.
The media doesn't have all the answers, they never do, but they do report on what they have.

Why is this so hard to understand? You guys act like the news is our Nations Intelligent Agency.

link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

it was all shot on location in hollywood,california

those set makers and make up artists are really excellent.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

None of your statements seem in any way related to anything I posted. I think you must have clicked the wrong Reply To tab.

I guess you surely believe the government official version of 9/11, just like you believe the claims he died yesterday in a firefight.

I guess you surely missed the whole point of what I said. My belief in whatever event and whatever conspiracy is based on evidence, and the post I was responding had no evidence for the "certainty" that Osama wasn't killed in a firefight yesterday. There is no evidence for or against at this point, beyond what we're getting fed by the MSM. It's been 24 hours. No one can say it's obviously one thing or another.

It's like I tell my 10 year old daughter... If anyone tells you they know the absolute truth about God and what happens after we die, they are lying and don't trust them. If they say they "think" something happens, or they "believe" in a certain thing, then hear them out and judge for yourself.

I'm always suspicious of people who are certain of things they have no way of knowing the truth about. This case included.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

But you never will because conviniently it will be against national security. Security . . . such a double edge sword it can cut you either way.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

those who find it offensive pls read the official statement

we went there with the primary intent to detain and capture.
unfortunately, due to the nature of such ops, a fierce battle ensued and the target was killed in the firefight.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by smurfy

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now your coming with the funnies, you show me a link with a Faux exterior, while I'm talking about something INSIDE, King Midas in reverse then. I take you have not seen the interior of OBL's "mansion" then?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm going to presume most of you never served. There is a debriefing process that must be done. Its only been 24 hours and you guys want everything right now. What ever we get must be scrubbed of secret information. I believe a helo was shot down. Don't we have to sort all that out first?

Can the heros come home and get their secret medals and be debriefed before you guys get everything?

By the end of the week it will all be out there. I promise you guys.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer

those who find it offensive pls read the official statement

we went there with the primary intent to detain and capture.
unfortunately, due to the nature of such ops, a fierce battle ensued and the target was killed in the firefight.

Yeah, I don't get it....what part of firefight do people not understand? This was not an execution. OBL or his agents fired upon Americans and OBL caught one in the head during return fire. Sounds like standard operating procedure to me.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I only opened my eyes to this stuff involving TPTB having a hidden agenda in the past 1-2 years. I find it scary that the more things that go on in the world, the "big" news stories, the clearer it becomes to me that there really is a hidden agenda and we really are misled like a bunch of sheep to believe only what they want us to believe.

There are so many possible angles to take on this story besides what we're being fed by the MSM, and every one of them is no good for nobody.

link   
I guess now we will just have to wait for al-Zawahri to take over leadership of al-Qaida and see what his claim to terrorist fame will be.

Egypt's al-Zawahri likely to succeed bin Laden : With Bin Laden killed, Ayman al-Zawahri becomes the top candidate for the world's top terror job.
It's too early to tell how exactly al-Qaida would change with its founder and supreme mentor gone, but the group under al-Zawahri would likely be further radicalized, unleashing a new wave of attacks to avenge bib Laden's killing by U.S. troops in Pakistan on Monday to send a message that it's business as usual.
www.wtop.com...

The boogey man is not dead...he has just passed the torch on to the next terrorist. It has been reported by some that the world is a safer place, but I have my doubts. I think it is going from bad to worse. Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

I wonder if Obama will continue the Bush doctrine and take take the fight to whoever steps in to Osama's shoes?

link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
If you are reffering to the seal team...

www.washingtonpost.com...

If you are asking for where their testimony is, I imagine they are reporting through military channels as there isn't actually a trial that would demand they break secrecy and testify...that seems obvious?

That

Will be over there on the fence until it comes out...need some evidence before I offically believe...I am cautiously optimistic until then.

There were a handful of women and children in the compound with Osama Bin Laden. The Seal team killed one during the firefight when one of the men used her as a human shield while firing at the team. The Seals left the remaining women and children there and took the OBLs body with them.

I suspect that we will hear from those women that were there before any of the highly secretive Team 6 talks or get the Ok to discuss it.

Like I said earlier...I have a brother in Afghanistan in the Special Forces on the Pakistani/Afghani border and he confirmed to me this morning that his base played a "role in the operations" and that they have been preparing for this in some capacity for a while now.

I did not ask him specifics because I know better than to ask him specifics...especially over email from a military base as that could get him in trouble....and besides he wouldn't answer me if I asked...they take leaks seriously.

He is not a Seal so I know he wasn't on the ground at the compound. If I had to guess his base offered recognizance, specific details of the on the ground hot spots and geography the choppers might pass over, general support and possibly was the base the choppers departed and returned to since he is stationed "near the border" and they said the Seal team choppers departed and returned to a location on the border of afghanistan...that is the other thing...everyone in his unit is not allowed to dislose where they are deployed, but can only tell family..."smoewhere near the border". During his last deployment I was able to find his base on google imagery...this deployment no one in our family knows where he is deployed specifically....If I am able to provide more detail after a skype call later this week I will let you know.

Either way that is it for me. No conspiracy here in my world. Facial recog. software, body confirmed by women in the compound, hieght, eye color, DNA etc. etc. The women the seals left behind will sell thier stories of "living with Osama Bin Laden" to Al-Jazeera in the comming weeks etc. etc.

From a purely logical standpoint the Pres. would never claim it unless he was damn sure...it's not something any POTUS would say without certaintity becuase the cost of being wrong would be too costly.

But from my perspective, listening to the news and email with my brother..no doubts with me. OBL is dead.

Everything I have seen here doubting the events don't seem to be supported and are based on faulty claims.

Pakistan...they didn't scramble jets...they didn't know about this before hand...but I fully expect them to claim they did for political purposes. They do it all the time in relation to US operations in Pakistan.

The chopers didn't have to fly 500 miles to a Navy vessel...they departed and returned to a base on the Afghan border a 100 or so miles away.

That supposed pic of OBL with a bullet through the eye...it first appeared last year and was shown by several news outlets to be a photoshopped pic of 2 photos previously posted on the web...one dead guy and a pic of OBL.

etc. etc. it will grow with misinformation and BS...like the birther threads...I have no issue with conspiracy theorists as long as they are honest about the evidence and research...those conspiracies interest me...this? Not so much.

edit on 2-5-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join