It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi calls on war with Italy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Or already happened. Muslims took slaves all the way to London in the dark ages.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IndiGo33

Putin will never support an offensive on Italy. Russia and Italy are in bed up to their eyeballs. Not only that some middle eastern countries want to maintain relations with Russia. Russia will side with Italy before any middle eastern country!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
He and Syria by joining the same call, would expect to mobilise the people who would soon forget their differences when TSHF and Russia is nervous about United Nations poking their noses into Syria who have been a buffer zone for them since the year dot.

This certainly needs watching! It also explains the UN wanting Gadaffi dead by any means.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Putin will never support an offensive on Italy. Russia and Italy are in bed up to their eyeballs. Not only that some middle eastern countries want to maintain relations with Russia. Russia will side with Italy before any middle eastern country!

Don't think so! Italy is just a tiny part of Europe! They have a history of changing sides too - remember WW11?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Don't think so! Italy is just a tiny part of Europe! They have a history of changing sides too - remember WW11?

Have a look at Putin's recent interaction with the party animal leader of Italy!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Doesn't a country need to be united before they can even dream of launching a war that could be successfull? whats the point of initiating a war if you know your gonna lose, which libya surely would.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Gaddafi is a moron. His days are numbered and he knows it.

In this instance I would fight for Italy. And I am not Italian. Why is this "Colonel" Gaddafi still alive?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I believe if WW3 will occur Libya will just trigger it but it won't be wars main subject. Remember WW1 it was triggered by countries which later weren't even involved in it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Please excuse this ignorant inquiry but Libya purchased a number of Deisel powered submarines from the former USSR and many of them had the ability to fire missles and just for instance if he sent a sub near Italy and launched a missle not at Rome but at Vatican City would this not be a begining of WWIII ?
And does "the colonol" have the ability to order this??

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
His toy subs wouldn't get out of port, and if they did they would be sank before they got any where
near the coast of Italy.
The Med is a shallow sea, nothing happens there with out NATO's say so.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Curling1

With british state of the art technology subs out loitering in the med that would be tantamount to somebody sending out a skoda against a bugatti veyron

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
No offence but the US and British technology isnt as great as you might like to think...

The lone Chinese vessel slipped past at least a dozen other American warships which were supposed to protect the carrier from hostile aircraft or submarines.
And the rest of the costly defensive screen, which usually includes at least two U.S. submarines, was also apparently unable to detect it.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I know its chinese and we are talking about Libya, but the main point of this post is
"Dont under estimate other nations"

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

hahaha, true but you are forgetting about a critical point, every Muslim in the world can unite under a common goal: Islam. This war is illegal and the fact that it is coincidentally another Muslim nation has probably put a WTF in many Muslim minds.

So now we are aiding the rebels who could turn on us, we don't know for sure, in the hopes of strengthening the people who oppose Gaddafi. I think Italy will be screwed in the long run due to suicide bombers, France may also be screwed, and many Western nations.

Frankly, I think those attacks are well over due. People think we are spreading the great democracy but really we are in there to secure the oil supply. This is what all these wars are about not about democracy, at all !!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

it was only brinkmanship dude we(brit and us know exactly where and when hostile or otherwise forces are)its like the iranian frigates audaciously sailing under israels nose(the israelis knew the moment the iranian captain put on his socks the morning he boarded his ship in iran

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AtraxRobustus

No, he was just simply set up...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtraxRobustus

Gaddafi is a moron. His days are numbered and he knows it.

In this instance I would fight for Italy. And I am not Italian. Why is this "Colonel" Gaddafi still alive?

You don't know what you're talking about. Gaddafi is a moron? So you are all for the people who oppose him? Even though they could be shadier people than Gaddafi?

Many people fail to realize that this is what happened in Afghanistan!! We supported the rebels against the USSR and then when it came time to control the puppets they opposed our hand. Than we became angry and went in to Afghanistan. We did the same thing for Iraq, aided Saddam against Iran and when he opposed us we invaded. We are doing the same in Libya, we overthrew their leader with the hopes of installing a puppet and when we find out it was the taliban we will invade.

I don't know about you but this is truly unfair. We have no business going into Libya not for killing of protesters, not for the oil, or to spread democracy. If that were the case than people would have sent troops to Sudan. Or Somalia, or Yemen.

We are only in Libya because they have major oil!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hmm trying to declare war on a member of Nato, when your country's divided by civil war
And you have to use mercanerys and Thugs to keep your regime. Even remotley stable.

Not the brighest idea, even if you are clincally insane.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This is the only way Libya could do something because nearly 33% if their military power is simply gone.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

In his defence, I am what most people would consider to be an "oddball". Does that suddenly mean that I'm crazy? I think that you need to re-evaluate what you think you know about the world. Just one word for thought, eccentricity. A trait common in some of the greatest minds. Not sayin he's a bloody genius or anything but you should know by now that the airstrikes that he allegedly called in on his own people NEVER HAPPENED. Where's the footage? If you haven't seen the evidence there's no way you should trust the gov't. They'll do anything the bankers ask them to do.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There are a significant number of Muslim migrants/refugees in Italy, perhaps they may be a trojan horse if a war breaks out?
Libya and Gaddafi may indeed strike hoping to drag in China /Russia against the west, we are still at war perhaps with the Russians and certainly the Chinese, its all a game of chess as it was before the First World War, its as if everyone knows another war is around the corner (a world war) but certain things have to be placed on the table just right before hells comes to Earth once again?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join