It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes in America -Lives Lost - Simple invention Could stop them - Spread the Word.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
another smart thing to do would be figure out how to make a wind turbine, or something that won't be destroyed, but will create energy from the tornado. Produce huge amounts of energy for us.

Yes I agree (that this idea is just as smart as the original poster's idea - well maybe a little smarter).
We can't even make power transmission lines that will stay up during tornadoes. I would hope these expensive turbines would be useful in the light breeze of the rolling plains that will be present the rest of the year.

The TSR (tip speed ratio) of such a turbine would be fantastically high. I am now imagining the poor mobile home parks with turbine blades spearing them in the big storms and huge gearboxes smashing thru their living rooms. Most existing wind turbines are made to be stalled and locked rotor in such wind events to prevent the shearing forces from rotational winds ripping them apart or high wind speeds frying the generator from excess generated current.

Therefore I hope that was a tongue-in-cheek idea.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

I figured for the idea of power lines, why not remove them have the turbine spin and put the electricty into a battery, so to say, and then when its over just transport the battery to use power. As for the other details I am thinking on how it would work, but maybe they could use the idea of a bladeless fan as a turbine.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, I think the main reason the government is not even testing the idea is because they don't want the American people starting to think man can change the weather, because then they will start thinking our government is changing weather and rightfully so. The American government has long towed the line that weather modification is not possible, even though you have scientists in Dubai using ionic towers to increase rainfall, Russia using technology to to disperse rain clouds, the Chinese heavily researching various kinds of weather modification. Yeah, we have to keep the American people in the dark, can't let them start thinking, not for a moment. Peace be with you.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by themessengernevermatters

The problem is, if the government mentions anything, Americans will gossip, and as seen with cold war, any motivation, and others will increase their attempts to beat us.

not to mention the people will blame the government for all weather problems, and riot, leading to their idea of libya or egypt

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
22 tornadoes in Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Minnesota yesterday.
89 Dead in Joplin Missouri.
How would one decide which tornado to terminate?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Or maybe they are not testing this idea since damaging tornadoes lately have a 'debris cloud' which includes cars, bricks, lumber....and maybe the US has yet to develop supersonic jet planes that can withstand strikes from debris that are able to drive bricks thru car doors and 2x4's thru brick walls of homes. They would need a supersonic Abrahms tank (once again, with FANTASTIC turning radius) to pull that off.

Still hard to see a plane moving over 700mph with a 200mph headwind dodging debris and keeping the turbines clear and the bricks on the outside of the windscreen. Pure physics disables this idea, doesn't need a conspiracy to discount it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lakesidepark

Or maybe they are not testing this idea since damaging tornadoes lately have a 'debris cloud' which includes cars, bricks, lumber....and maybe the US has yet to develop supersonic jet planes that can withstand strikes from debris that are able to drive bricks thru car doors and 2x4's thru brick walls of homes. They would need a supersonic Abrahms tank (once again, with FANTASTIC turning radius) to pull that off.

Still hard to see a plane moving over 700mph with a 200mph headwind dodging debris and keeping the turbines clear and the bricks on the outside of the windscreen. Pure physics disables this idea, doesn't need a conspiracy to discount it.

the debris is at low level.planes fly higher.

in any case while you all sit with your smug self satisfied complacency with your "let's do nothing and watch the spectacle and offer fake sympathy" attitude another mile wide tornado tore into a town killing a 100 and costing $2 billion in damage.

in any case all your objections have been nullified with a new discovery today in which it has been found that trombones generate shock waves which travel faster than the speed of sound.shock waves can put out a candle in science class if you remember.

www.bbc.co.uk...

blogs.smithsonianmag.com...

shock waves can put out a candle in science class if you remember?

www.youtube.com...

so to snuff out tornadoes all you need to do put a few large industrial sized trombones outside the perimeter of a town and driven by industrial compressors.

when a tornado approaches the town all you have to do is fire the highly directional industrial trombone driven by a industrial compressor to generate the supersonic shock wave to snuff it out.

you could even use horns to generate the supersonic shock waves.remember air raid warning sirens?

industrial trombones are cheap and easy to make.

industrial compressors exist by the millions world wide.

unlike some people who minds are ossified by the age 14 and dig a deep trench my mind is adaptable and willing to use new knowledge as it comes along and to change tack and approach and flows over an ice rink

all your objections crushed.watch the video below.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-6-2011 by beckybecky because: sources.

edit on 2-6-2011 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2011 by beckybecky because: candle video

edit on 2-6-2011 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky

unlike some people who minds are ossified by the age 14 and dig a deep trench my mind is adaptable and willing to use new knowledge as it comes along and to change tack and approach and flows over an ice rink

all your objections crushed.watch the video below.

www.youtube.com...

Debris travelled 70 miles with the Tullahoma and the Joplin tornados. It did not travel on the ground.The debris is indeed lifted into the cloud and carried to the top of the vortex. Simple evidence that strikes down that idea, and people found this evidence in Chattanooga and Springfield and it was reported widely on the news (and even here on ATS). So we still have bricks going thru the windscreens of jets. And objects much smaller (remember the birds in the engines that brought down the jet in the Hudson???) will bring down a jet.

All objections crushed? That is once again not in the spirit of this forum. And neither are the objections crushed.

As for the 'mind fixed at age 14', do you always have to take a personal stab? Isn't this a violation?

I will use argumentative logic instead of accusations to address this idea. I can do this because I study and learn constantly. And I try to present arguments. Not accusations and slurs. And I remember what I learned at 14, and everything since then as well. Since the following is basic science-class knowledge, it may be a good idea to remember the science class of grade-school. So please follow along and take the refresher course on basics of sound.

The youtube video is not that impressive. Of course horns produce a sonic wave! It is called sound.
If we can blow out a candle with our breath, of course we can blow out a candle using a loud sound. Sound moves air just like your breath.

Now think about the size of the sound generator as compared to the size of the candle. Scale it up to match the size of the tornado. The youtube video, far from crushing my objections, adds another argument - SCALE. It proves that the size of the shock wave generator will be much larger than a few thousand trombones to even snuff an F1. Proof of the unfeasibility of the idea, thanks for presenting it. Now I see these massive structures surrounding every town in the U.S., a great undertaking, and much more than your average industrial compressor can handle (more by a factor of thousands!!!). There is indeed an argument crushed, with your evidence.

All sound travels at about 745mph as a cycling wave (the amount and distance the air is moved back and forth is directly related to the volume and the frequency). A small sound CAN INDEED blow out a SMALL candle. But how much is needed to snuff out an F5 tornado coming down from a cloudtop that rises 25,000 to 40,000 feet? How loud? How high a frequency? This will be an IMMENSIVE shock wave. The kind of shock wave that is needed to snuff out a tornado will cause as much local damage as the tornado, and will cause human suffering for anyone within the area. A 'directional' sound? Not as simple as hooking a compressor to a trombone! Sure, it is louder if you stand in front of it, but you can hear it from all angles. Learned that in grade school too.

I can always object. But I will not accuse you of anything. Maybe you should stop accusing me.
edit on 2-6-2011 by lakesidepark because: new ideas and constant learning means more edits...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
A sound generating device that large will burst the eardrums of thousands of people.
It will also break thousands of windows, in cars, homes businesses, and even aquariums.

Becky, go fill the bathtub with water, and let it set till it is very calm and still.
Then get a broom handle and gently lower it into the water in a vertical position.
The bath water represents the fluid of air and the bottom of the bathtub represents the surface of the earth.
In the vertical position, quickly move the broom stick from one end of the bath water to the other.
You will observe several small tornadoes in the wake of the broom handle.
Allow the water to get calm again.
Now go get your speakers for your stereo system and put them right next to the sides of the bathtub.
Find a good loud music station and turn up the volume. You sh=ould see ripples on the surface of the tub water now.
Not repeat the broomstick movement and keep doing so until you find a particular sound range/song that does not allow any tornadoes to form.
Next time the weather conditions in your locality are right for a tornado, move your speakers out on the front porch and play the music that quelled the bathtub tornadoes.
If no tornadoes hit your locale, then you have a viable solution, and can patent it and retire young.
Lots of success.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join