It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornadoes in America -Lives Lost - Simple invention Could stop them - Spread the Word.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dashdragon

lol you think just because there not using it to help the citizens, its proof that it cannot do it ? i think you should take a long hard look at your country and your government, and your fake wars that no doubt you support fully & go do some research for yourself.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr

lol you think just because there not using it to help the citizens, its proof that it cannot do it ? i think you should take a long hard look at your country and your government, and your fake wars that no doubt you support fully & go do some research for yourself.

In those other examples you mention there are distinct negatives and contrasting postitives. There's a major difference in when the government has a good reason for a conspiracy and others when they don't. In the case of your supposition that HAARP could, in any way shape or form, have been used to prevent some of the severe storms, there is simply no reason to assume that they could and didn't other than to derail the thread from the topic of the sonic boom theory.

Assuming what I do and do not support has absolutely no bearing on this discussion, nor does your supposition regarding how much I may or may not know regarding a particular topic. If you wish to troll then I suggest you go elsewhere. You've already lost this 'debate' since you decided to respond to a non-threatening nor insulting reply with what can only be perceived as a personal attack.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I would look long and hard at a science textbook with the ambition of reading it one day if you wanted to understand why the idea of HAARP being a weather control device is patently absurd.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just to throw this out there but lightning makes a super sonic sound called thunder, and during a tornado the quantity and quality of very random sonic booms happen. Just saying people.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

The main difference here is that the theory would be about a fairly massive object (comparably) blasting through the air at supersonic speeds in direct opposition to the path of the tornado. The physical shockwave from when an object passes the supersonic threshold is extremely noticable beyond the acoustic sonic boom.

Lightning rapidly heats the air in its immediate vicinity to about 20,000 °C (36,000 °F) — about three times the temperature of the surface of the Sun. The sudden heating effect and the expansion of heated air gives rise to a supersonic shock wave in the surrounding clear air. It is this shock wave, once it decays to an acoustic wave, that is heard as thunder.[17]

Other than the flash of light, the thunder is usually all we really get from Lightning's supersonic movement. On top of that, the lightning is a lot more brief.

Of course I'm not saying that the theory regarding a supersonic jet would work...like those that haven't tested it, I would like more proof.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

I suggest you look up the works of Tesla, not that you'll find any of the 'good stuff' thats all been locked away for years by the US government.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Oh right, whereas you have access to "the good stuff" with your top secret clearance? Or are you only parroting unsubstantiated conspiracy theories you've read on the internet?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

at which point did i say i have anything you just mentioned ? iam going to stop posting on this thread now as i do not come on here to have arguments with the sleepwalkers such as yourself.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Oh great, a tv programme. I didn't realise the evidence was so compelling. Isn't the MSM supposed to be a dis-info outfit under control of "TPTB"?
Or is this conspiracy game a case of pick n mixing fact and fiction?
edit on 6-5-2011 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

start watching at 4minutes if you are so impatient that you cant stop ranting for a few minutes to watch this vid.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There are REASONS tornadoes and hurricanes form. They expend energy or convert it... hot/cold conversion etc.
Stopping a hurricane may be VERY dangerous, as the next hurricane could use the warm waters x2 and become even more large/deadly.

The weather has its balances. Humans interfering with that may cause even more damage than what we originally prevent. Not worth it--as of yet.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

ATTENTION...

...the personal attacks and smack talk stop now. Adherence to this simple request is expected.

Courtesy is Mandatory – Please Review Link.

Thank you.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dashdragon
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

The main difference here is that the theory would be about a fairly massive object (comparably) blasting through the air at supersonic speeds in direct opposition to the path of the tornado. The physical shockwave from when an object passes the supersonic threshold is extremely noticable beyond the acoustic sonic boom.

Lightning rapidly heats the air in its immediate vicinity to about 20,000 °C (36,000 °F) — about three times the temperature of the surface of the Sun. The sudden heating effect and the expansion of heated air gives rise to a supersonic shock wave in the surrounding clear air. It is this shock wave, once it decays to an acoustic wave, that is heard as thunder.[17]

Other than the flash of light, the thunder is usually all we really get from Lightning's supersonic movement. On top of that, the lightning is a lot more brief.

Of course I'm not saying that the theory regarding a supersonic jet would work...like those that haven't tested it, I would like more proof.

So the only source you have is the article itself? Lighning where I am at is VERY potent and the sonic clap can last up to 15 seconds. FYI thunder is the by product of lighning, both of which displace space and energy as if a new object was added to the equation.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

A old expendable supersonic plane can be remotely controlled to fly around as per patent round the tornadoes.An F15 or F14 is expendable and cheap.

Remember planes are routinely remote controlled easily nowadays for missile tests,etc.

can be preprogrammed like drones.

I think the problem is lack of vision and courage.

most people are cowards and also want to be party poopers.They stick to their entrenched mind set no matter what.They stop others with their cowardice.

people like that are responsible for holding back progress and needless deaths.

anyone here have connections to the U.S Air Force?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky

A old expendable supersonic plane can be remotely controlled to fly around as per patent round the tornadoes

You keep attempting to draw a link to tornadoes, yet fail to address/acknowledge the critical differences between tornadoes, and hurricanes/typhoons. While the duration hurricanes/typhoons often last days, the average duration of a tornado is measured in mere minutes. If one were to scramble a jet when a tornado touches down, then it would most likely be gone before the jet ever reached it; furthermore, it would be impractical to scramble jets for every weather front that might spawn a tornado. The storm constructs are not comparable in the manner you're attempting to portray.
edit on 5/8/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Tornadoes last for hours as proved by discovery channel which shows tornado chasers chasing them.

Also you don't have to use planes you can use acoustic horns powered by concert amplifiers which generate sonic booms to disrupt tornadoes near towns mounted on trailers.

sonic booms can be generated acoustically by firing projectiles supersonically.

e.g a bullet. e.g a air aerosol explosion in the tornado from shell fired from a tank.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by redmage

Tornadoes last for hours as proved by discovery channel which shows tornado chasers chasing them.

And people are billionaires as proved by the Forbes list; however, that hardly reflects the majority. Sorry, but your "proof" doesn't hold much water in the real (non-TV) world. While in very rare instances it's possible for a tornado to last an hour or more, very few last for more than mere minutes. The episodes of the TV docudrama you reference have been highly edited, and do not reflect the norm. Think of fishing shows. They show the few exciting minutes, and edit out all of the hours and hours of sitting around and waiting. Tornado chasers chase weather fronts in the hopes that a tornado will touch down near enough for them to reach it, and they're quite often left empty handed. Don't let the edited-excitement portrayed on TV fool you. There's a legitimate reason that the word "tornado" does not appear in any of the links in your OP. Tornadoes and hurricanes/typhoons simply aren't comparable in the manner that a TV docudrama series has led you to believe.
edit on 5/9/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

reply to post by pteridine

You are worried about fuel consumption in a supersonic plane when people ae dying and losing their homes from tornadoes?.

That shows small mindedness.

The F4 was just an an example.America has 50 different supersonic aircraft types.Some are used for anti-aircraft missiles tests.Who cares which planes is used.

A F4 can be remotely controlled to fly around as per patent round the tornadoes.An F4 is expendable and cheap.

Or a F22/F35 if it makes you look cool.

Anyway I am done with you as you clearly anti american and anti progress with your absurd demands.

The only way to test it is to do it.

1. The F4 can't fly supersonic long enough without refueling and remote control drones can't refuel in flight.
2. Patents don't have to work and there is no evidence that this one will.
3. Read the article again. This is not for tornadoes; it is for hurricanes. Tornadoes are much smaller than hurricanes.
4. Your opinion of my "anti"-ness is worth about as much as your technical knowledge and reasoning ability. You have no clue what you are talking about, once again.
5.You are the one making absurd demands for tests without reason. The experimental imperative requires some rationale beyond somebody thinks it might work.

To add to point #3 - it's harder to locate the exact position of a tornado when intense storms spawn multiple tornadoes at the same time. With a hurricane, you would be applying the method to one large storm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join