It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Who gave NATO right to kill Gaddafi?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I'll take what we have anyday over anything else in the world at this point

Good for you. I want an actual representative democracy back, personally. That "rah rah America is the best country in the world" stuff has been bandied about since I was a child. And since I was a child, America has seriously declined in every aspect from our credit worthiness to infant mortality.

Thats the problem with blindly supporting corporatism disguised as democracy. One, you arent really a patriot, because your country is being shot down the tubes by the same people you support blindly. And secondly, its not democracy if it is made impossible for you to have the information you need to choose your own course.

Im not blindly supporting anything ... And its not rah rah America banter either...

I started with nothing... Impoverished.... Now today, with no education I live better than anyone ever in my family...

I honestly do love this country for non academic and very real reasons...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Hi there. A very key element of being a dictator is taking charge of a country by force (tick)

You mean like the "allies" are doing? (tick)

and not allowing the population to vote its leadership (that would be a double tick).

How about if you let them vote but you rig the elections so that only the guys you want to win can win? ( that would be a double tick)

You asked for evidence he is a dictator, I gave it, if you don't like the definition please write your own dictionary. Don't use one scenario to excuse another, it doesn't work like that - is he a dictator? By the definition of the word, yes. Anything else you raise is not within the remit of the question you originally posted.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Who gave Putin the right to kill Anna Politkovskaya?

Who give Mr Putin the right to order the murder of Alexander Litvinenko with polonium-210

Sorry Mr Putin, mind you're own business while we rid the world of one more evil dictator who you clearly support... x

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I started with nothing... Impoverished.... Now today, with no education I live better than anyone ever in my family...

I honestly do love this country for non academic and very real reasons...

I love this country too. I also came from nothing and did fairly well for myself. I did as well as I was willing to while not participating in actions I find dishonorable, lets leave it there. Regardless, I am content with my position.

However I love this country so much that it isnt all about me, and how well I did. Or how much potential I had based on the system. I would give up everything I have to protect this country from the people who are running us into the ground by nationalizing private debt and expenses. And thats what these wars are, the socialization of business expenses by the people rich enough to have the political influence to do so.

Thats not free market capitalism. At all.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Did I ask if he was a dictator? I dont recall doing that at all.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: Testing the [ u ] bug

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
HA HA HA HA ..yeah right !

his the godfather of godfather's,boss of boss's,he does what he wants when he wants as he wants.... his like a honey badger ...he don't give a sh#t lol. let me introduced you to putin,the man that hunts tigers,fly's fighter planes to putting out forrest fires in helicopters,black belt plus ex KGB and not forgetting ex president of russia !

He eats Concertina wire and craps Napalm...

Yeah we've heard all this before.

You left out he looks smashing in drag....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d763fe961b0c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, the fact that Gaddafi was killing his own people.

After the 'wikileaks revolutions' in Tunisia and Egypt, Libyans decided to protest against their corrupt leader, but by doing so they faced armed resistance from pro-Gaddafi supporters and mercenaries hired by the crazed leader

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by something wicked

Did I ask if he was a dictator? I dont recall doing that at all.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: Testing the [ u ] bug

Errmm, I responded to a post by CanadianPride who asked for evidence Gadaffi was a dictator, you responded to my response so I responded to you - doesn't help you removed the initial post I was referring to so that may have left the context hanging there a little.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Errmm, I responded to a post by CanadianPride who asked for evidence Gadaffi was a dictator, you responded to my response so I responded to you - doesn't help you removed the initial post I was referring to so that may have left the context hanging there a little.

I havent removed anything in this thread. The edit in the post above was to test an ATS bug I discovered, as indicated in the "reason for edit."
edit on 27-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
It will be incredibly funny when the whole world finally wakes up and realizes that all of the crazy conspiracy theorists were right all along, and that ALL of the war and violence in oil rich nations has ALWAYS been about nothing but OIL.

You are right, it is about oil. It's about the fact the Russia has been getting oil from Libya and wants to keep it. China has also been getting oil from Libya. Funny that two of countries that abstained are two of the biggest buyers of Libyan oil.

The biggest complaint I've heard from the Libyan rebels is that we aren't helping enough. I've never heard a rebel say they didn't want our help. Until I hear that, I think that we might be doing the right thing, although probably for the wrong reasons.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz
reply to post by BenReclused

How is that "breaking epic news"? Why would you put a lot of "faith" in the opinions of an ex KGB official?

ahhh Please! !!

Lets hmmm .... See.. Like BUSH! SR !!

George Bush SR Vice president 2 terms President 1 term

Oil tycoon ,, Kuwait operation desert storm

Chairman Banker of a First International Bank of Houston !! ? Need i say more!

Director of Central Intelligence (CIA) 76- 77 what ! like Putin as a KGB the soviet equivalence of the CIA

Director of Council of Foreign Relations 78-79 ! CFR New World Order One Nation ! One Road! One Highway Government!!! ONE!.......

and your bitching about Putin was KGB!!!

Nothing you said came anywhere close to answering either one of my questions! Instead of even trying to, you had rather talk about "old history" and accuse me of bitching about Putin.

Why don't you stop promoting ignorance? That's what you're doing by ignoring the questions, and by attacking me instead.

Also, show me where I "bitched" about Putin.

Grow up!

See ya,
Milt

edit on 27-4-2011 by BenReclused because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I havent removed anything in this thread. The edit in the post above was to test an ATS bug I discovered, as indicated in the "reason for edit."
edit on 27-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

Then I'd suggest taking a jump to page 6 of this thread, where I made the response you replied to.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Wow..In the interview Putin comes right out and says the bombings and the coalitions behind the bombings are to kill Khadaf and take the oil to Europe.

Hmmmmmm I thought the bombings were to help the freedom fighters create a new democracy?

What freedom fighters? That would be the CIA instigated 'rebellion'?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
oh look putin your country's on fire again - time to jump bare chested on your horse and race to save it.

Fact : there are 170 million people in Russia and if we didnt have immigration laws the US would grow by 170 million people and there would be no Russia so die America haters.

Fact : If the US wanted to kill him it would have been done, end of story. They may want him out of power and NATO may put on there tough talk jacket but they aint gonna do # about it. so Don Putin get back on your pony and pretend that anyone likes Russia

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
NATO: Since when do we need permission to do things? OR: We're sure you remember nobody watches the watchers. EDIT: Oh -- political news are so [----] I dont even know why I posted.
edit on 27-4-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Poor Libya is getting robed by the globalists

They are going to suck it dry.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
reply to post by Romanian

BS..you obviously haven't met many libyans because the majority LOVE ghaddafi..He is not a dictator, show me evidence that he is.

Hi there. A very key element of being a dictator is taking charge of a country by force (tick) and not allowing the population to vote its leadership (that would be a double tick). If you think he's a gentle good dictator or otherwise doesn't change those basic facts.

excuse me? maybe you didn't know but libya has an elected prime minister....
I do agree though that he did take control in a military coup but what he has done for his country is quite impressive when you look at libya before ghaddafi and look at libya now, well before this invasion
edit on 27-4-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm certainly all for what's fair and right but Putin pretending to be the voice of reason is hilarious. Some of you guys sound like suckers...and here I thought we knew better, this being ATS and all.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I sort of agree.
Why is NATO the world police and moral crusader here.
Sure, the libyan leader is a jackass whom is killing his own people, and that is a issue that they should resolve in their own country...

however, if the american revolution didn't have french support, we would have lost that...so, there is precidence for outside intervention

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousmindsWell said very true post this is!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join