It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: Who gave NATO right to kill Gaddafi?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
obligitory:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/056764530517.jpg[/atsimg]
See, We need to send Sarah back to Alaska so she can wack-a-mole on Putin's head rearing attempts.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

Come on, why are you spoiling the fun? I was hopeing they would figure it out on their own after you challenged their claims.
Baghdadi Mahmudi

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by TheMaverick
HA HA HA HA ..yeah right !

his the godfather of godfather's,boss of boss's,he does what he wants when he wants as he wants.... his like a honey badger ...he don't give a sh#t lol. let me introduced you to putin,the man that hunts tigers,fly's fighter planes to putting out forrest fires in helicopters,black belt plus ex KGB and not forgetting ex president of russia !

He eats Concertina wire and craps Napalm...

Yeah we've heard all this before.

No he doesn't - for the last time, Putin is NOT me! We don't even look that much alike. I'm taller, and he's prettier... especially in drag. I just don't have the legs for it.

I get a kick out of folks trying to get political mileage out of pretty words. Putin wants to know what "rights" NATO act on? Pfft. They act on the authority of a higher political power. Oh, wait, on the international stage there really IS no higher political power, is there? maybe that's his answer right there...

I pine away for the bad old days of Brezhnev and Reagan, when a man could go forth and zap a few commies, and no one asked what "rights" he was acting upon - as if "rights" have any meaning at all in the international arena...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
ummm i watched fox news, cnn and msnbc with my mother last night for a couple hours and all that was on was the birther situation. so to the person that said they didnt speak about birthers you are misinformed and probably just passed by fox news for a sec.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420

Originally posted by something wicked

reply to post by Romanian

BS..you obviously haven't met many libyans because the majority LOVE ghaddafi..He is not a dictator, show me evidence that he is.

Hi there. A very key element of being a dictator is taking charge of a country by force (tick) and not allowing the population to vote its leadership (that would be a double tick). If you think he's a gentle good dictator or otherwise doesn't change those basic facts.

excuse me? maybe you didn't know but libya has an elected prime minister....
I do agree though that he did take control in a military coup but what he has done for his country is quite impressive when you look at libya before ghaddafi and look at libya now, well before this invasion
edit on 27-4-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

Is Gadaffi democratically elected? Excuse me, do you not think he acts in a presidential capacity even though he claims to have no power whatsoever? If you look at Libya before Gadaffi there was no Lockerbie, no weapons or training to the IRA.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Many people here haven't done enough research to know that the West doesn't care about dictators! If you think you are there to liberate "freedom fighters" your an idiot. Pardon my harsh language but someone had to say it!

Why is it when we provide people with weapons to take out their leader and people it is fighting for freedom but when the other side does it, it is terrorism?!

If the West was all about freedom they would have helped Rawanda in 1992. The fact that there was no vested interest in Rawanda shows that we won't go into a country unless it was worth something to us.

And who are these people that are being supported to overthrow Gaddafi? You don't know? Well no one does which makes this mission even more dangerous. What if you are directly supporting people who are under Bin Laden? What will happen when they turn around and bomb your country? Will you go back in there again?

This is all hypocrisy and shows to secure more oil pipelines, if you disagree than tell me why we haven't invaded Yemen, Syria, Sudan, or any country that is ruled by a dictator who treats their people like dirt? Oh, what about Pakistan and Saudi Arabia?!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Many people here haven't done enough research to know that the West doesn't care about dictators! If you think you are there to liberate "freedom fighters" your an idiot. Pardon my harsh language but someone had to say it!

Why is it when we provide people with weapons to take out their leader and people it is fighting for freedom but when the other side does it, it is terrorism?!

If the West was all about freedom they would have helped Rawanda in 1992. The fact that there was no vested interest in Rawanda shows that we won't go into a country unless it was worth something to us.

And who are these people that are being supported to overthrow Gaddafi? You don't know? Well no one does which makes this mission even more dangerous. What if you are directly supporting people who are under Bin Laden? What will happen when they turn around and bomb your country? Will you go back in there again?

This is all hypocrisy and shows to secure more oil pipelines, if you disagree than tell me why we haven't invaded Yemen, Syria, Sudan, or any country that is ruled by a dictator who treats their people like dirt? Oh, what about Pakistan and Saudi Arabia?!

Agreed, but you forgot the big one:
North Korea

Total Dick-tator there...and left alone to do his crazy and evil crap to the people.

however

When a revolution starts, and there is steam behind it...I think the government goes through a checklist.
1) is it a movement that will gain popular support of the west?
2) is there anything to gain through helping them?

if both 1 and 2 are a yes, then make a case to invade...otherwise..no.

many places have popular western support, but little to gain.
some places have alot of gain, but no actual public support...that makes it tricky (Iraq)...not impossible, but tricky.

I still have no clue why offically we went in there....all signs point to oil imo.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We killed Sadam because we could.

We came up with the new cross drilling method and from Kuwait were drilling into Iraq's oil fields. Sadam found out and he called the Kuwaiti's "DOGS"....stealing is not tolerated in the muslim world. Sadam went after the dogs stealing his oil and invaded Kuwait...customary muslim punishing thieves.

We used it against him and obliterated him pushing him back. And kept stealing his oil. Eventually we hung him from a rope. His crime? nothing.

He killed some Kurds? We've killed more Kurd's than Sadam dreamed of and gave Turkey the green light to annihilate the Kurds in Northern Iraq. They were better off under Sadam.

Now it's Kadafi.....to keep China calm they got the first ships of oil out. We'll likely use China to take out Russia next. Promise them the first 5 years of oil from Russia. Then down the road maybe we'll take out the last dog left...China. They would have used all their military hardware up in taking out Russia and would be vulnerable.

Operation Odyssy Dawn complete.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yeeeah Ummm... you said it my friend, he might wake up with a cold of some kind. Or like some ingredient that the chef didn't intend on adding his supper. Don't play with these people and show your hand so soon or is it late in the game Hmmmmmm

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegasface
ummm i watched fox news, cnn and msnbc with my mother last night for a couple hours and all that was on was the birther situation. so to the person that said they didnt speak about birthers you are misinformed and probably just passed by fox news for a sec.

You are likely referring to a comment I made:
"I've been watching Fox news today, and the first time I saw the "birther" issue brought up was in your post."

How does that show that I am misinformed?

I feel it shows that you need to practice your reading skills!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
We killed Sadam because we could.

We came up with the new cross drilling method and from Kuwait were drilling into Iraq's oil fields. Sadam found out and he called the Kuwaiti's "DOGS"....stealing is not tolerated in the muslim world. Sadam went after the dogs stealing his oil and invaded Kuwait...customary muslim punishing thieves.

We used it against him and obliterated him pushing him back. And kept stealing his oil. Eventually we hung him from a rope. His crime? nothing.

He killed some Kurds? We've killed more Kurd's than Sadam dreamed of and gave Turkey the green light to annihilate the Kurds in Northern Iraq. They were better off under Sadam.

Now it's Kadafi.....to keep China calm they got the first ships of oil out. We'll likely use China to take out Russia next. Promise them the first 5 years of oil from Russia. Then down the road maybe we'll take out the last dog left...China. They would have used all their military hardware up in taking out Russia and would be vulnerable.

Operation Odyssy Dawn complete.

OK... I'll bite...:

Do you have references, or am I supposed to just accept this because you say it's so?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

At one time the slant drilling riggs were easily viewable on Google Earth. It is all censored now. The truth is just word of mouth now, there are no websites citing the truth anymore. They have all been censored. Everybody on here asks for a link to a source, when sources are all lies.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What about Alexander Litvinenko Mr Putin? Who gave the right to whom?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

Originally posted by Wolfenz
reply to post by BenReclused

How is that "breaking epic news"? Why would you put a lot of "faith" in the opinions of an ex KGB official?

ahhh Please! !!

Lets hmmm .... See.. Like BUSH! SR !!

George Bush SR Vice president 2 terms President 1 term

Oil tycoon ,, Kuwait operation desert storm

Chairman Banker of a First International Bank of Houston !! ? Need i say more!

Director of Central Intelligence (CIA) 76- 77 what ! like Putin as a KGB the soviet equivalence of the CIA

Director of Council of Foreign Relations 78-79 ! CFR New World Order One Nation ! One Road! One Highway Government!!! ONE!.......

and your bitching about Putin was KGB!!!

Nothing you said came anywhere close to answering either one of my questions! Instead of even trying to, you had rather talk about "old history" and accuse me of bitching about Putin.

Why don't you stop promoting ignorance? That's what you're doing by ignoring the questions, and by attacking me instead.

Also, show me where I "bitched" about Putin.

Grow up!

See ya,
Milt

edit on 27-4-2011 by BenReclused because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2011 by BenReclused because: Typo

Were! you say ! hmm Ive only Answered one! Question when you said KGB and you look past an American President that was part of the CIA that eventually became a Director ! of the CIA in 1977-78

You would of still voted for him knowing these facts .. Ive posted
I wouldn't put faith in leaders that have those kind of Backgrounds! CIA CFR

as Putin has those OLD Stalinized Commie KGB ways still as Bush has those OLD (Down with UNAmerican) CIA Ways that even past down to his Children JEB and Georgie JR

you know what the KGB is Like !?

this is what got my attention !

Why would you put a lot of "faith" in the opinions of an ex KGB official?

and for the rest of what you posted well..

Also: I've been watching Fox news today, and the first time I saw the "birther" was issue brought up was in your post. Are you sure this wasn't just an excuse to make a jab at the news networks you don't like. It sure looks that way to me!

what is pretty sad is as im writing this all headline topics ON ATS Birther rage!

same one's that yell birther ! from California Voted for a Austrian for Governor ! Now that is sad! even married a
Niece of President John F Kennedy in which is mind Boggling !

I remember that another Austrian that lived a different Country that formed a political Racial Militant party & was voted to be a Chancellor to this sister country he lived in and later started WW2 & Genocide

But thank god ! for the American Rule that you have to be a Born Land of the Free American
a least someone was smart enough to make that rule..

Deny Ignorance LOL

as that OLD saying goes if those that do not remember the past are deemed to repeat it

have you seen what was posted on ATS latley its plastered with Birther Issues

Now im going to Apologize for saying Bitching ! where i should said Complaining !

as you see 2 completely different subjects! this is why ive only reasoned with the first as it went with the Topic ... in the First place

Peace!
WOLFENZ
edit on 27-4-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I kind of have to agree with Putin. I think NATO should go only as far as aid in Libya, no direct military actions against either side of the conflict. Also, I hope this doesn't turn into Putin sticking his nose in this too and end up picking Gaddafi's side and say "here, lets even things up a bit." But I really doubt that would happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I found it ironic that a couple of days ago CNN was trying to boaster support to do more in Libya due to how much suffering the opposition was enduring. Individuals getting shot and killed and how the hospitals were over flowing due to the governments onslaught of it's citizens.

Then I remembered how in Iraq when the US occupied it from 2003 to 2008 approx. that there where over one million civilians killed. Where was CNN to report the need for intervention then?

The media complain their unable to get visa's to enter Syria so they can report fairly the abuse and atrocities going on. Is this why the US controlled the media when they invaded Iraq? To control the abuse it's war machine did to the citizens of Iraq?

Propaganda at it's best. We are being bombarded by information which is being controlled by individuals with little or no outcry from the "civilized" world.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well if we're going to question NATO

Who gave anybody the right to kill anybody in the first place?

People do it because they can

Everyone in the USA is technically a murderer, we all killed around 1000 people on death penalty, 800+ of which were lethal injection, which in proven studies, fails to meet the requirements to put down animals...

Also with DNA evidence, 250+ people have been taken off of death row because they were PROVEN innocent. Meaning 1 innocent convicted person=AT LEAST 1 criminal on the streets. Just think of how many did not make it off of death row knowing they were truly innocent.

While it might seem right if somebody killed your loved ones, to get back at them and kill them back, its not right when you falsely convict somebody and then kill them because the judge is fast to call people guilty, because they lose rep when they repeatedly fail in court.

So since we all have become murders, this is just another episode of how we solve violence, with violence.. That is the paradox, when you punish somebody that has killed, with killing them, making you killers too, meaning YOU must be killed also. Sucks doesn't it ?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

dude your so right we should just let murderers kill and kill and kill and there punishment is a lifetime living in a 120K per inmate per year playland where they get to work out and hang out with there friends and smoke meanwhile the other person is #ing dead in the ground with there entire family in a quasi living hell of what if's.

or we should do as the great lord intended and take an eye for an eye and beat every single one of them to death with a cruel and unusual baseball bat until no one dares to murder in this country again I figure it would only take about a dozen people plus those convicted.

and if were wrong, hey there in a better place where god can judge and we'll probably save about a million lives in my lifetime alone.

I know it's all good because Quadaffy Duck didnt carpet bomb your home killing all of your family - why should he die then ?
edit on 27-4-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I did.

If there are any problems, contact my lawyer.

Brilliant. Well said.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Romanian

BS..you obviously haven't met many libyans because the majority LOVE ghaddafi..He is not a dictator, show me evidence that he is.

Hi there. A very key element of being a dictator is taking charge of a country by force (tick) and not allowing the population to vote its leadership (that would be a double tick). If you think he's a gentle good dictator or otherwise doesn't change those basic facts.

excuse me? maybe you didn't know but libya has an elected prime minister....
I do agree though that he did take control in a military coup but what he has done for his country is quite impressive when you look at libya before ghaddafi and look at libya now, well before this invasion

Is Gadaffi democratically elected? Excuse me, do you not think he acts in a presidential capacity even though he claims to have no power whatsoever? If you look at Libya before Gadaffi there was no Lockerbie, no weapons or training to the IRA.

Your contradicting yourself, you said a key element of not being a dictator is not allowing the population to vote their leadership, well thats not true they have a democratically elected prime minister. How come you didn't mention the fact that the people of libya have free education, free healthcare(If a libyan needs surgery overseas, the government pays for it), no taxes on food, subsidized housing, interest free housing loans, they give free land to farmers and ghaddafi just finished the famous(in Africa anyway) water system that turns the desert sands in libya into a fertile farmland. Did you know libyan civiliians themselves actually get some of the profit off of oil exports deposited directly into their bank accounts. Please and you call this man a dictator, he barely spends any money on his military, most likely because he has the support of every libyan who isn't a terrorist. And he was willing to arm his civiillians after the rebels started taking over towns and cities. No leader would do that unless he was sure he had their support.

Go ahead and bring up him killing "civillians," I'll show you how the rebels have been killing black civiliians without trail> richardbrenneman.wordpress.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join