It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cigarette pack defied the laws of gravity last night. Pics

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by FlySolo

Tell me please why is it that someone comes on this site to share something unusual that has happened,and you get all of these posters saying HOAX,NOT REAL,I mean really why would he go to all of the trouble of video taping this posting pictures and all of the scrutiny he's getting what would he gain?,think people think what is the pay-off?

now I think it's cool,I've thrown ciggs on the ground and have had them land but-end up before.

nobody has said the pic isnt real. What is being said is that no laws of physics are being broken, that gravity is not being defied.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by FlySolo

Tell me please why is it that someone comes on this site to share something unusual that has happened,and you get all of these posters saying HOAX,NOT REAL,I mean really why would he go to all of the trouble of video taping this posting pictures and all of the scrutiny he's getting what would he gain?,think people think what is the pay-off?

now I think it's cool,I've thrown ciggs on the ground and have had them land but-end up before.

Of course you think its cool, but the fact is your about the 4th person already to comment here who has had a ciggy thrown in the air and land on its end. The same can be said for the pack balancing on its side. NOT IMPRESSIVE. Id like you and the OP to go out on the town one night, and by use of "Magic Trick", see who is the first to get laid.

Im serious.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Hi,

Although it is quite unlikely for this to happen, I'm sure it's just one of these freak incidents like the time I dropped a glass milk bottle accidentally from my 3rd floor window. It hit the pavement below but didnt smash. A complete fluke but not due to some unknown force controlling it.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The OP is quite touchy about being caught on that, I imagine he reported it. Could be wrong though.

Then why is the Pic still in the OP? And another guy has circled even more evidence in another post and its still there

edit on 24-4-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

All I'm saying is that it is what it is and yes I thought it was "cool"because yes strange things happen all the time,the guy was just sharing ,honestly if you don't like these type of threads why do you come to them?And the nasty comment wasn't necessary either.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I love these types of threads, I pride my self with sharp wit, at the expence of others intelligence.

My purpose here was to highlight an object in one of the pics. Thats all.

Also I was here before you, know your role jabroni
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f627027b6842.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS.

Do you smell, what the rock, is cooking?

Sorry, you took me back to my teen days with that one, had to chime in

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I can duplicate it with some superglue and a pin. Easy to do.

How'd this feature on ATS?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It looks like you guys were smoking weed too. I see the empty little
plastic zip loc bag. Lol!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
These deflections are sad man. Why wont you just answer the question?

It's ok man, I detect a small personality disorder. U2U me and we can talk about it, I won't judge you, I promise. I want to help.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Even if it's a 1 in a million chance that a thrown pack of cigs (with rounded edges) will land like this...do you know how many time a day, or a week or a month a pack of rounded edge boxed cigs gets tossed/slammed/flipped onto a table???

It's bound to happen sooner or later.

Wild yes? Unlikely yes.

Paranormal... NO

Physics defying...again, NO!

On a side note I wonder what happens if you get the pack to land like this in the drinking game "thumb-man", or whatever the game is called it in your parts. We always used Square packs of un-opened Cigs (Marlboro usually), so even though I saw probably over a hundred thousand flips of a pack of cigs in my youth, this never happened.

So yea it's pretty cool, but I have seen other, which I believe "rarer" feats of balance, or things happening with way less probability (than a bevelled pack of smokes landing on edge) in my life. Either while tossing change,or playing or watching sporting events, or even just synchronisity..., you name it.

This story, which I believe is true and while cool, just isn't all that amazing.

Also, there's nothing incriminating in ANY of the photo's/ Everything I see you can buy legally in a head shop. He could be smoking tobacco for all we know. I mean I'm not naiive I know the deal, but really the photos are proof of nothing illegal. So sorry Super sleuths.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

It's ok man, I detect a small personality disorder. U2U me and we can talk about it, I won't judge you, I promise. I want to help.

You continue to try and make this personal, but you dont even realize how silly you are making yourself look in the process, when all I am asking is one single question....

I'm not going to bite on your bait (and since you like reporting people so much, I think I'll have a crack at that now), but I will continue to ask:
What laws of physics are being broken?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The damn thing was just sitting there defying all possible laws of physics. There is no way, and I mean it, that this pack could just balance itself like that without any support underneath!

I thought that I was the only one that ever experienced something like this. I mean the same thing happens to me all of the time now and I take it for granted actually but I didn't think that there would be someone else who was experiencing this type of phenomena that I rarely speak of. How incredibly coincidental.

I was driving to a nearby convenience store for something or the other. I pulled into the parking lot and navigated my way into an available spot that was somewhat close to the front of the store. I unfastened my seat belt, opened the door and stepped out onto the surface of the lot. The only thing odd was that I was precariously perched on one foot. My other foot being raised due to me bending my opposite knee upward.

I stood there defying the very laws of gravity for some time as people walked by and marveled at the spectacle. Soon enough the authorities approached me and asked if I needed assistance. I bravely dismissed them as I painstakingly restored order to the chaotic happenings at the convenience store on my own. I'm sure you realize as I did that the authorities more than likely wanted to detain me for experimentation and eventual weaponizing.

Although I have no photographic or video proof of this specific event, there are many more bizarre happenings that are occurring at ever increasing regularity. I'm glad you documented this event of yours. I thought I was going crazy.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by FlySolo

The only thing odd was that I was precariously perched on one foot. My other foot being raised due to me bending my opposite knee upward.

I'm trying to get a visual. So you had one foot on the ground, the other was being lifted out of the car and your were off the seat? Hmm that is a strange one.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Strange things happen, but its not defying any kind of natural law. Like dropping a glass bottle of liquid and it just bounces and doesn't break, has happened to me. Amazing, but it happens.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You continue to try and make this personal, but you dont even realize how silly you are making yourself look in the process, when all I am asking is one single question....

I'm not going to bite on your bait (and since you like reporting people so much, I think I'll have a crack at that now), but I will continue to ask:

I haven't reported anyone for the record. And I'm sorry if you feel I am making this personal, not my intention. I deeply feel for you. It must be hard for you at times. This is why I ask you to U2U me so we don't have to make this public. May I ask how old you are? I'm a great listener so anytime you want to talk about your issues I'm here.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

My sons dice did the same thing a little while ago, I think he has a picture...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I haven't reported anyone for the record. And I'm sorry if you feel I am making this personal, not my intention. I deeply feel for you. It must be hard for you at times. This is why I ask you to U2U me so we don't have to make this public. May I ask how old you are? I'm a great listener so anytime you want to talk about your issues I'm here.

Not your intention?

So the last 3 or 4 posts directed at me having nothing to do with the topic werent intended to be personal? Its becoming quite clear that you simply do not understand what you are saying.

How old I am (and I guarantee its older than you) has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I am addressing the topic and statements YOU MADE. Sorry that it is too much for you to comprehend.

Again, you can keep trying to take this personal, I wont bite. But I will report.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My mate came quite quickly to the answer of why its doing that; cellophane and static electricity. Cellophane can cause objects to stick to your hand given the right circumstances, in the end it looks just as impossible though.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by FlySolo

I think you may be undermining how difficult it would be to recreate this in the manor that it occurred.

Took me less than a minute to recreate the same effect. So it could just be a hoax then... wouldn't you say?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96393089b8c4.jpg[/atsimg]

Especially since the picture wasn't taken from all angles...

Exactly!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join