It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cigarette pack defied the laws of gravity last night. Pics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by James1982

Sigh forget it, just forget it. Remind me never to invite you guys to a party. Of course I thought there was a logical reason for it. Something underneath the pack, perhaps a pen cap I dunno but there wasn't . Of course I know its balanced. Wow, nothing gets past you eh?

Take it for what it is, was, and what will never happen that way again.

Take it for what it is? You would have us believe it is an impossible occurrence with no logical basis in physics. That it can never happen again (even though it has, and will)

Perhaps take your own advice, and take it for what it is....a neat fluke that in no way shows the laws of physics being broken.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Logical one

Which would make it even more remarkable.

Fly Solo, what is it that you are trying to suggest?

That last night as you watched your Sony Bravia TV that you witnessed a paranormal event?

Seems a little underwhelming if it were a paranormal event don't you think?
Or may be the ghost gets a kick out of balancing cigarette packets!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I was ready to abandon my faith in god until I seen this.

What can I say, de lord works in mysterious ways.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
FlySolo, you are on ATS and should know better than that. No pics, it didn't happen!

Wait! You got pics! Hmm... You know, it has been proven with the shadow of a doubt that pictures are known to photograph only two things, in the world; Chinese Lanterns and Swamp Gas. I bet it is the second thing you captured in you pics...

But wait! In the third pictures, besides the remote, you can see another pack of cigs doing push-ups!

Seriously, you are in big troubles as videos and pictures will be called fakes or easy to reproduce...

And if you're not yanking our doodle, you now know life holds stranger things than is let on...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I can appreciate your healthy skepticism and I would think the same. But I can assure yanking doodles is not my forte. I rarely make threads at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
thanks for shareing and the photos im going to take your word for it all.. weird things do happen so why not this i couldnt make my brothers pack of cigs do this i tryed when i saw your post...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I've been witness to some strange things myself and have only good faith to show for it... I know it can be hard to report something that is out of the ordinary as you will face skepticism, like you saw in the first posts of your thread.

I would have liked to see a picture of the pack in an angle where we could see it was not held in any ways, since the angles of the pics allow for that doubt. But even then, the excuse of a balancing weight would have been thrown at you anyway... Before I keep on reading the replies, did you manage to retrieve the movie from your cell?

I hope I didn't offend you with my previous post; I rarely let myself go like that, and was trying to make fun of the skepticism. As I said, show a pic and many will say Chinese lanterns without considering anything, even if at first, we think we know what things are because they seem...
It's like reversed pareidolia.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

an act of balance not a defiance of gravity....yawn...move along...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

This happened to once with a crayon in 3rd grade, I dropped it on the floor and it landed perfectly on it tip, One in a billions chance I could ever recreat that, Didnt have cell phone back then so no picture proof. I'll take your word for simply because of my persenal experience with random, unlikly happenings

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

reply to post by captaintyinknots

First of all, you are making assumptions about me doing illegal activities and that sir, makes you very wrong. If you say it again I will report you. Do I make myself clear?

Second, you are purposely ignoring the point of how it happened. If you want to debate physics, then we can. If you want to turn this into your thread, then we can.

Nope. I am commenting on the picture YOU posted. You can report if you want, but YOU put it out there for everyone to see, not the other way around. Dont try and hide from it. In fact, I have not ACCUSED anything. Nice try though.

Second, again, all I am asking is for you to explain what law of physics is being defied by this. YOU made the claim, YOU wont back down from it. So, please, share.
edit on 23-4-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

weight distribution is unbalanced. 45 degree tilt with a full pack of smokes will make it topple over. Speed at which it was placed was to fast for the corners to sustain the weight fluctuation. No buckling in the box to act in distributing the weight. Chances duplicating these variables to recreate the exact conditions are unknown.

That made me laugh a little. That definitely earned a star.

Hang in there man.

Sometimes it can be pretty rough here.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That my friend is called static electricity.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
its called poor weight distribution. Like tilting your soda can when you have drank some of it... you have a lighter in that pack? well you got something in there offsetting the weight.

I doubt any cigarette miracles are going to take place.. ever...
edit on 24-4-2011 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Lol

This is simple weight distribution.

There is no physics laws being broken here.

I have to tell you though, I laughed my butt off from the OP.

I thought this was a joke post until I saw the forum it was in.

Still it's funny.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
And they say ATS isnt going downhill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join