It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cigarette pack defied the laws of gravity last night. Pics

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

So it turns out there is an option on my phone to upload the vid directly to YT which I could embed here. Not sure if I really want to do that now seeing I have so many fans trying to distract from what really happened.

From what really happened....

The only one trying to distract from what REALLY happened is you. This is sad.

Oh your back for more eh? I'm trying to distract from what happened? really? I'm really beginning to think you like to hear yourself

Funny, i didnt know one could hear the words one types. Interesting

And yes, the only one talking about it being something it is not is YOU, which makes YOU the one who is distracting.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

haha dude, are you really trying to refute the definition of "hearing" and what context it is being used in? I think you need to go for a walk outside or something. You've been at this site way too long.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Your beginning to bore me now and I'm not being sarcastic or disingenuous. Your M.O is really getting predictable. *yawn

Right on, glad for you. Hope you have a happy zombie jesus day. I'm sorry that you cannot handle being called out on your asinine claims.

All I'm asking is the same thing I have all along, which you cannot provide, yet you still stick to your claims. What laws of physics are being broken?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You're persistence runs deeper than my super antigravity death defying acrobatic physics breaking smoke pack. I suspect you really would like to talk about the deeper issues in your life. Care to U2U me and I can council you if you like?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You're persistence runs deeper than my super antigravity death defying acrobatic physics breaking smoke pack. I suspect you really would like to talk about the deeper issues in your life. Care to U2U me and I can council you if you like?

Nope. I want you to back up your claims. What laws of physics are being broken?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Its ok really. I know you may be a little shy. We can break through that. Its not your fault. captaintyinknots, it's not your fault. It's not your fault...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That's nothing!

When I use to smoke cigs I threw a smoke down on the table and it landed straight up!

Try that!lol

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think this is wayyyy cooler.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
funny thread, This has happened to me lots of times, Paranormal? Of course not just a bit of luck, I've had cans land the same way after tossing them ten feet in the air, Heck I even threw a damn cigarette in between two bricks from 5 metres away......

Now my friends call me Satan

Die another day beat me to it! damn.....
edit on 24-4-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It was one shot in a million that they ended up like that. I'm sure if you spent the time and patience trying to balance it, it would be no biggie. But that isn't what happened. Dude, why are you being so anal?

because you claim the cigarette pack defied the laws of gravity. The text books should be re-written, someone call NASA, the universe has shifted into another dimension!

... no. Its cool, but a fluke. Its a big coincidence, but thats how the universe works. I think its stranger that I just happen to look at the time whenever its 222,333,444, etc... but I know thats just the way the universe works.
Next time, have a laugh, have a smoke, and simply enjoy how amazing this place is.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yeah, there is no mystery here.

The way the pack is situated and the way it is photographed. It is easily explained as a small piece of putty or clay or even a tiny piece of rolled tape under the bottom/rear corner.

Cigarette packs are light, it wouldn't take much to support one by a single corner.

Take good look at the OP's pictures, notice he never gets a picture from underneath.

There is a similar trick with American style beverage cans.

You drink it down to about a 3/4 empty, then you set it on that indented crease around the bottom lip of the can. If you do it right, the liquid balances throughout the corner evenly enough to keep the can sitting at roughly 45 degrees.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Its ok really. I know you may be a little shy. We can break through that. Its not your fault. captaintyinknots, it's not your fault. It's not your fault...

I take it you've been watching Good Will Hunting?

These deflections are sad man. Why wont you just answer the question?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Maybe you should stop smoking

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A friend of mine once just dropped his cigarette and it landed standing up... Too bad we didn't have a camera or anything, things like that only happen like 2 or 3 times in a lifetime...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is almost as fascinating as that time I was present for a mass undersea,unexplained sponge migration.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
whose the mug(MOD) that removed my pic on page 1?

Twas not off topic, proved that this thread was initiated whilst under the influence of a mind altering drug.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
whose the mug(MOD) that removed my pic on page 1?

Twas not off topic, proved that this thread was initiated whilst under the influence of a mind altering drug.

The OP is quite touchy about being caught on that, I imagine he reported it. Could be wrong though.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Tell me please why is it that someone comes on this site to share something unusual that has happened,and you get all of these posters saying HOAX,NOT REAL,I mean really why would he go to all of the trouble of video taping this posting pictures and all of the scrutiny he's getting what would he gain?,think people think what is the pay-off?

now I think it's cool,I've thrown ciggs on the ground and have had them land but-end up before.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join