It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cigarette pack defied the laws of gravity last night. Pics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

haha ok guys whatever. enjoy your day.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

haha ok guys whatever. enjoy your day.

No need to get upset. Just know that if you are going to make a claim like defying the laws of gravity or physics, you probably ought to know what that means, and actually have a basis to back it up, thats all.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

heeh sorry, but I'm really not upset at all. Its funny how you guys like to climb all over an interesting thread from some regular joe and try to push your views. Especially the pot smoking accusations. Not cool at all bra. But I'm not upset, no need to be.

It was freak thing that happened in a nano second and I wanted to share it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

heeh sorry, but I'm really not upset at all. Its funny how you guys like to climb all over an interesting thread from some regular joe and try to push your views. Especially the pot smoking accusations. Not cool at all bra. But I'm not upset, no need to be.

It was freak thing that happened in a nano second and I wanted to share it.

Nobody is pushing anything. You are making blatantly false claims, and refusing to back them up. Had you made a thread about the cool fluke that happened with your smokes, it could have been interesting. But you didnt. You continue to state that physics and gravity are being defied.

To sit and vehemently proclaim that this is proof of the laws of physics or gravity being defied says one of two things
a)You dont understand what physics is;
or
b)you were really stoned and thought it was super sweet

not really any other way around it.

As for pointing out your pot, well, your probably shouldnt have gotten it on film if you didnt want comments about it. Smoking weed is one thing, smoking weed and them proclaiming you have seen the laws of physics defied is going to get you laughed at.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

First of all, you are making assumptions about me doing illegal activities and that sir, makes you very wrong. If you say it again I will report you. Do I make myself clear?

Second, you are purposely ignoring the point of how it happened. If you want to debate physics, then we can. If you want to turn this into your thread, then we can.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

First of all, you are making assumptions about me doing illegal activities and that sir, makes you very wrong. If you say it again I will report you. Do I make myself clear?

Second, you are purposely ignoring the point of how it happened. If you want to debate physics, then we can. If you want to turn this into your thread, then we can.

Nope. I am commenting on the picture YOU posted. You can report if you want, but YOU put it out there for everyone to see, not the other way around. Dont try and hide from it. In fact, I have not ACCUSED anything. Nice try though.

Second, again, all I am asking is for you to explain what law of physics is being defied by this. YOU made the claim, YOU wont back down from it. So, please, share.
edit on 23-4-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Nope. I am commenting on the picture YOU posted. You can report if you want, but YOU put it out there for everyone to see, not the other way around. Dont try and hide from it. In fact, I have not ACCUSED anything. Nice try though.

Second, again, all I am asking is for you to explain what law of physics is being defied by this. YOU made the claim, YOU wont back down from it. So, please, share.

weight distribution is unbalanced. 45 degree tilt with a full pack of smokes will make it topple over. Speed at which it was placed was to fast for the corners to sustain the weight fluctuation. No buckling in the box to act in distributing the weight. Chances duplicating these variables to recreate the exact conditions are unknown.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So we have a picture and a story.

If I post a picture of a pack of ciggs sitting normally on my table, and tell a story about how it flew across the room before landing in the spot in which it was photographed, that would be the same thing as this thread. A picture that does absolutely nothing to prove the story.

Being able to balance a pack like your picture is very possible. So nothing special there.

If the pack REALLY did just land that way when you dropped it, that would definitely be a little odd, but not impossible at all.

I too find the claims of gravity and physics being defied extremely misleading . Even if the story you told is true, your claims would still be false, because the laws of gravity and physics have in no way been broken. Why not just admit that you are wrong, and that while one of those "I couldn't have done that if I tried" moments happened (even though actually it can be done by someone trying) nothing paranormal happened? Are you still maintaining somehow you and your pack of ciggs have broken the laws of gravity and physics?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

weight distribution is unbalanced. 45 degree tilt with a full pack of smokes will make it topple over. Speed at which it was placed was to fast for the corners to sustain the weight fluctuation. No buckling in the box to act in distributing the weight. Chances duplicating these variables to recreate the exact conditions are unknown.

Again, you are showing your lack of understanding of physics.
1)The flat corner of the box gives surface area for it to balance on. There is nothing out of the norm about that.
2)IF it defies physics, it should not be able to be replicated, which it has been.
3)The weight has little to do with it, as the flattened corner of the box disperses the weight only onto that surface.
4)While the way you got it there may be hard to replicate, the position itself is not, PROVING that it does not defy physics.

So again, tell me what laws of physics are broken here.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

weight distribution is unbalanced. 45 degree tilt with a full pack of smokes will make it topple over.

Hmm, If you think your pack of cigarettes was tilted at 45 degrees then I suggest you look again........It doesn't look more than 25 degrees to me!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Maybe it's the True Religions you have on in the third pic. I have a pair on myself and "magical" things have been happening all day.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A little thought should be required before posting. I've dropped a handful of coins before and had one come to rest balanced on it's side. Unusual? yes. Defying gravity? No.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

If I post a picture of a pack of ciggs sitting normally on my table, and tell a story about how it flew across the room before landing in the spot in which it was photographed, that would be the same thing as this thread. A picture that does absolutely nothing to prove the story.

Being able to balance a pack like your picture is very possible. So nothing special there.

If the pack REALLY did just land that way when you dropped it, that would definitely be a little odd, but not impossible at all.

I too find the claims of gravity and physics being defied extremely misleading . Even if the story you told is true, your claims would still be false, because the laws of gravity and physics have in no way been broken. Why not just admit that you are wrong, and that while one of those "I couldn't have done that if I tried" moments happened (even though actually it can be done by someone trying) nothing paranormal happened? Are you still maintaining somehow you and your pack of ciggs have broken the laws of gravity and physics?

Most people are smart enough to know after reading my OP what I meant. And yes, looking at the picture it DOES defy what we know about the laws of physics, where am I being false? Where is your rebuttal that no laws are being broken other than "admit your wrong". I put some thought into what I said and you're still going on about now "we" have to believe you. Just get over yourself already.

If you really want to debate the laws of physics, there are lots of mathematical forums to go to. Why waste your time with my "fluke" in the paranormal forum?

Edit: Sorry, meant for the other guy

edit on 23-4-2011 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Most people are smart enough to know after reading my OP what I meant. And yes, looking at the picture it DOES defy what we know about the laws of physics, where am I being false? Where is your rebuttal that no laws are being broken other than "admit your wrong". I put some thought into what I said and you're still going on about now "we" have to believe you. Just get over yourself already.

If you really want to debate the laws of physics, there are lots of mathematical forums to go to. Why waste your time with my "fluke" in the paranormal forum?

Again, what laws are being defied? NONE. It is an object balanced on a flattened edge....if anything it CONFIRMS what we know about physics.

You have shown nothing that backs up your claims, and have been hit with many counter arguments that you refuse to acknowledge. Just admit it, you are wrong, and maybe your thread will get some life for the cool pics of a fluke incident that you have, instead of being torn apart for its lies.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Which would make it even more remarkable.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I'm not debating the laws of physics because there is nothing to debate, nothing groundbreaking has happened.

No, your pack of ciggs is in no way defying the laws of physics. It's called BALANCE. This is a concept that has been known for thousands of years. Is this a new concept to you? You posted a thread, and made a claim, so it's your responsibility to back up that claim. The claim being the laws of physics and gravity have been broken. Yet you provide absolutely no proof or even evidence of this. What happened was unlikely but not impossible. How many hundreds of millions, if not billions of times has someone dropped a pack of ciggs onto a table? It landing, and then balancing on the edge was bound to happen eventually, and has probably happened to other people. Difference is they probably aren't claiming to anyone that they have broken the laws of physics and gravity.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Again, what laws are being defied? NONE. It is an object balanced on a flattened edge....if anything it CONFIRMS what we know about physics.

You have shown nothing that backs up your claims, and have been hit with many counter arguments that you refuse to acknowledge. Just admit it, you are wrong, and maybe your thread will get some life for the cool pics of a fluke incident that you have, instead of being torn apart for its lies.

I've got photos smart guy. God what a troll

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Sigh forget it, just forget it. Remind me never to invite you guys to a party. Of course I thought there was a logical reason for it. Something underneath the pack, perhaps a pen cap I dunno but there wasn't . Of course I know its balanced. Wow, nothing gets past you eh?

Take it for what it is, was, and what will never happen that way again.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Holy crap, you guys are a bunch of hyper criticals.
Give the guy a break, he just posted a cool occurance that was really neat the way it happened the way it did.

What a buncha D***$

Anyway, one time when we were kids the fisher price hour glass locked up when flipped, that was fluky I tell ya.
Burned and etched into my mind.

I got more but they are buried in my mind.

PS, cool when stuff like that happens OP.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I've got photos smart guy. God what a troll

Your photos prove nothing other than a pack of smokes is balancing on its flattened edge, which is a probable occurrence.

I knew the old 'troll' label would get tossed eventually. It always done when one has been proven a fool and has no other recourse.

So, again, what laws of physics are being defied? I'm still waiting....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join