It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My cigarette pack defied the laws of gravity last night. Pics

page: 8
18
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo
 


The images are too big but you can see here, he was pretty well blown away by this...

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=add
edit on 24-4-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Again, you can keep trying to take this personal, I wont bite. But I will report.


I think you meant "make this personal" and not take. Perhaps a slip of the subconscious tongue. Not sure what there is to report though. Just an observation I made about your personality, it's a little unsettling. You don't have to tell me anything you don't want, it's ok. It takes time brother. My hand is out for you



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


Oh well. It did not take you to the page I thought it would, I just cant get the image thing together, lol I better go to bed...



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


Not sure what you are trying to show. Care to elaborate?



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Again, you can keep trying to take this personal, I wont bite. But I will report.


I think you meant "make this personal" and not take. Perhaps a slip of the subconscious tongue. Not sure what there is to report though. Just an observation I made about your personality, it's a little unsettling. You don't have to tell me anything you don't want, it's ok. It takes time brother. My hand is out for you


Last time I will respond to your bait. You have been reported.

So, tell me what laws of physics are being broken, kiddo....



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Last time I will respond to your bait. You have been reported.

So, tell me what laws of physics are being broken, kiddo....


I'm not concerned with you reporting me bro but thanks for update. You gotta do what you gotta do. No offense taken. Perhaps we can take smaller steps. Cyberhug...



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!



I am reopening this thread, HOWEVER:
Please discuss the topic and not other members.


That means no belittling, off topic posts, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.


Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...

YOU are responsible for your own posts
edit on Sun Apr 24 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoyOfOceanus
My mate came quite quickly to the answer of why its doing that; cellophane and static electricity. Cellophane can cause objects to stick to your hand given the right circumstances, in the end it looks just as impossible though.


Someone else said that as well. While it could be possible, the table is glass so i don't know where a charge would come from.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Awesome, they reopened it, so I can ask again....

What laws of physics are being defied?



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo
 



I'm trying to get a visual. So you had one foot on the ground, the other was being lifted out of the car and your were off the seat? Hmm that is a strange one.


Yeah, I'd really rather not re-live that one if you don't mind. I'm surprised I even brought it up to tell you the truth. I try to retain such bizarre happenings in my own recollections but sometimes I do slip. Especially in this forum for some reason. Great thread by the way.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap
 


Ok, no problem. And thanks, it was almost trashed.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Can somebody throw this in the hoax bin? Besides, Belmonts are vile.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus
 


Sweating glasses and bottles migrating across a table is quite normal. Science is able to explain it, and ordinary people reproduce the effect every day.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer
 



Can somebody throw this in the hoax bin? Besides, Belmonts are vile.


I find them to have a rich roasty flavor that when experienced and fully realized draws me back to the ethereal plains of creation where I stand in awe of the cascading prisms of color that race past my fully engaged and weightless body and I listen intently for the quantification of new and changing articulations of formations and souls. Which is very bizarre for me, as I do not smoke but I'll be darned if those Belmonts aren't the cat's meow.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo
 


I can't help but notice the hostile attitude people have towards this very interesting photo. My only comment is that you should pit the people who claim its a hoax against the people who say it happens all the time. Obviously if they claim its a hoax they imply it would be violating the laws of physics if it did happen. Have fun with that idea!

My personal opinion is that its really funny the pack landed that way and I don't care if it was propped up by something other than self-balance since we'll never know any different any way, or learn something about the laws of physics with just that picture haha!



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer
 



Can somebody throw this in the hoax bin? Besides, Belmonts are vile.


I find them to have a rich roasty flavor that when experienced and fully realized draws me back to the ethereal plains of creation where I stand in awe of the cascading prisms of color that race past my fully engaged and weightless body and I listen intently for the quantification of new and changing articulations of formations and souls. Which is very bizarre for me, as I do not smoke but I'll be darned if those Belmonts aren't the cat's meow.


You should be in advertising. And yes, a very smooth drawl like a western breeze coming from a mountain chinook.



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger
reply to post by FlySolo
 


I can't help but notice the hostile attitude people have towards this very interesting photo. My only comment is that you should pit the people who claim its a hoax against the people who say it happens all the time. Obviously if they claim its a hoax they imply it would be violating the laws of physics if it did happen. Have fun with that idea!

My personal opinion is that its really funny the pack landed that way and I don't care if it was propped up by something other than self-balance since we'll never know any different any way, or learn something about the laws of physics with just that picture haha!


Interesting twist of logic. I like it!



posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Regarding the OP, I had something very similar happen years ago. I pulled some change out of my pocket and tossed it on a dresser and to my astonishment one of the quarters landed on edge (with no other coins touching it) and stayed that way. I actually went and got my wife to show her, I couldn't believe it. It was still balanced on edge when we came back, and looked like it was ready to stay that way forever. I picked it up and examined it and there was nothing odd about the coin, then I tried to balance it on edge again and it wouldn't do it no matter which way I turned or rotated it. I don't think there was anything mystical about it, I guess if you take change out of your pocket (or set a pack of cigarettes down) hundreds or thousands of times over many years then the chances are good that some strange balancing act will happen at some point.




top topics



 
18
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join