It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Final Warning to the Great United States. Last Sign CONFIRMED. 1-day left.

page: 56
119
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone
 


to answer you yes and no to being religious.
yes i believe the stories told in all those major religions are mostly true but incomplete. passages and books and suras left out so you only get half the story told in a metaphor of an experience they had at there time with there level of comprehension. and no I am not religious when it comes to organized religion which is really just multi level marketing of god (to get into heaven will cost you 10% of your earnings) and the doom and gloom predictions they all talk about and share is Fear Mongering used to control the masses into worship, obedience and submission............................is this the answer you were expecting?




posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012
 


I had no expectations to be honest, I would assume though if you WERE religious, that there would be a definite delineator between believing that the passages in any religious text and forum predictions were fear mongering.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If there is an earthquake, does it always have to be an extintion event or can't it just be a plain old quake that happens and then we get on with the rest of our lives? How is it that people can predict these mega=quakes but can't predict a GRB or a Hyperstar? What about predicting volcanoes? do you get the same vibe from those as quakes? I'm intereseted because I usually get like really bad allergy symptoms almost every time there is a natural event like the Japan Quake or stuff like that and I'm not getting anything this week ?



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
So did OP jump ship after his prediction failed to come true? I realllllly wanna rub this in his face, yea im mean like that..



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone
 
some of us are angels albeit fallen ones. woops a one liner, the thing is trust in your intuition, that little voice inside your head and go with it.. It works!



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Damn. And I thought this one was it...The true, if improbable, scenario that would shock the world.
Sure, some people may have thought that the OP was just another ill person who misplaced his meds but I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO convinced. His logic was superb.

On a serious note...stop encouraging mentally ill people to indulge in their fantasies. Conspiracy forum or not, there's no reason to perpetuate delusions...develop a BS detector people. I have associated with schizos more than a couple times...humoring does no one any goof. I mean, the OP said that if his prediction DOES NOT come to fruition may because the Goldmans Sachs bankers might be following his posts and dropped millions just to screw with him. Seriously, go back and read it. Sometime there are conspiracies, and sometimes people are just mentally ill.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama
 


I don't understand that train of thought. I just don't get the whole, "I told you so" mentality. Well, I take that back...I do get it. It comes from an under-evolved, over-active ego. It feeds the ego to make somebody else feel bad/guilty/wrong, etc. It's really a form of projection; I feel like a jerk so I'm going to make others feel like a jerk. Once you get comfortable with who YOU are and are comfortable in your own skin, then you can stop belittling others.

I know you won't understand any of this and it will all be foreign to you, but some day you'll get it. I was once where you are now. Miserable. Hateful. Spiteful.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
Therefore the lunatics end up running the asylum and those who try to "Deny Ignorance" just give up and move on with their lives.


Well think through this one a little bit deeper.

What is the #1 thing that will help a person who is making predictions learn and reach the "Deny Ignorance" point? Their predictions failing time and again. This will hopefully make them look at the steps they are taking and contemplate them. Those who won't get the clue will certainly not get it by people "taking them to task" for it. Really the primary method of learning is through experience. After enough experience with predictions, most people come to understand what they are experiencing and take a more wise approach to what they are pursuing/feeling/communicating.

On the flip side, I love reading people's thought processes that go into predictions. Not because I think they are going to come true, but because I inevitably wind up learning something. Even if it's small. Usually because the person making the prediction is pulling an idea or a point of view from a direction I haven't ever thought of or heard of. If I were to just stop at the surface "OH GOD ANOTHER PREDICTION!??!" attitude, I'd never gain anything. But instead, I say "Ok... why are they saying this" and... voila... I learn about a new book or a new news story... or a new science... or a new mythology... etc.

Both sides can gain if you take a respectful attitude and accept that people are at all sorts of different stages of learning, growth, etc... and rather than assume someone is a lunatic and dismiss... seek to understand the difference in what you believe and what they believe and see whether there is anything you may have to learn. You don't have to accept their entire stance... but I've almost always learned at least *something*.

And you never know how some small thing you heard from a "lunatic" might someday be really interesting or useful to you later.

Namaste.

edit on 22-4-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: Minor clarifications.


It's not a matter of taking someone to task for a failed prediction in the sense of just calling them an idiot or a "lunatic" because they got it wrong.
It's making them account for their conclusions based on their evidence.
No one ever is.
For example here we have a "confirmed" prediction for an earthquake based on the stock market.
How is this possible? Was any evidence provided to show a correlation between tectonic plates (or whatever the cause may be) and the stock market? No, because there is none. If there was, all we would have to do is maintain the stock market at a reasonable level then there will be no more earthquakes, right?!! :-)

The OP looks to have got it wrong but instead of pointing out that the logic of it all is wrong due to no connection between the stock market, the scary devil's number 666, dates of significance and earthquakes the OP is instead encouraged to try again another time and hopefully get one right. ...and so it continues.

The "lunatics running the asylum" comment was merely used to point out that if you no longer have people here on ATS taking others to task then you end up with only one type of mindset doing all the talking.
Sadly it's slowly becoming one sided.

I listen to lunatics all the time and sometimes they turn out to be just the opposite but not in every case.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RideTheLightning89
 


News flash, the world has been 'falling apart' since man had that theory.
It's not a new concept you know.
Skimmed most of it because I noticed you still persist to call me a moron and ignored the bulk of your post.
I got the gist though, you are saying you are glad nothing happened and wasn't hoping it did, but yet you persist to flame me for making the simple point predicting an Earthquake is hardly a far out idea is it.
Since Japans quake Earthquake has been the flavour of the month too.
It was rather simple points and common sense I used, you appear to persist to call me a moron for no other reason than I keep pointing out that it didn't happen and it appears many people's sick f'ing desires wasn't fulfilled.
I'm done with you, I can see through your façade, you're angry it didn't happen which is why you resort to name calling like a spoilt little kid who didn't get his own way.

As I said, don't worry, you can leap for joy drooling at the death and destruction because that big one will happen, pretty sure the thousands of predictions here will hit the nail on the head one day, then you can get your fill of acting like it was a 1 in a billion chance and no other predictions failed before it.
I will still be a moron because I will still point out it was merely coincidence and a pretty obvious prediction (hence boring).
You can defend the failed prediction to other people now, I made my point, I was right, it never came true, so what if that was the most obvious choice, it certainly wasn't what the majority here hoped for, which was my entire point and obviously sarcastic to anyone who wasn't in such a defensive mode.

This always happens, failed prediction, I say "does that mean we can safely say that predictions are by and large nonsense" but it just makes people like you angry because you don't want that to be true, you want to ignore failed predictions and move on until you find a prediction vaguely right and then act like it was ...
You know I am just going round in circles, but I'm the moron of course for having to point out the blatantly simple logic.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee
 


Wow, no actually I just want to rub it in his face because he felt all high and mighty about it, I dont believe in egos, and fully agree with what you just said. but I swear some people like you just lurk and wait for the perfect moments to attack.

and just so you know I mediate and live a VERY peaceful life, I've learned hate only causes stress and stress causes health issues in ever aspect of ones life.


but it's fun to poke fun at others misfortunes, it's called being human everyone does it even you. So stop trying to act like a master of peace, because I can bet your far from it, just like many others, but you wont understand what im saying because I bet your one of those people that have to be right no matter what....

edit on 23-4-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well it might not have been pin-pointed, but there was a large earthquake just an hour an a half ago...

A 6.9 magnitude in the Solomon Islands..

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantomfire707

I am sorry and deeply apologize to every single person on this thread.

I had a set of beliefs and it looks like they were wrong.

I am especially sorry to any of you that took the time to understand my reasoning and were fair with me in your comments.

I hope God Blesses every one of you.

I will need to make adjustments to my priorities from now on.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Brian..


you know, sometimes just making the prediction changes the event. It puts the energy out there for us to manipulate. I live in CA, and after reading your OP yesterday, I tried to project positive energy.

... for all we know, your prediction might have been the thing that stopped it. You might have just saved the US.
never know



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks
 





It has become so predictable with a catastophic prediction guaranteed weekly, be that an earthquake, comet, war or end-of-the-world prophecy.


I don't disagree, however, did you stop to think that it says less about the caliber of people on ATS and more about the fact that there is definitely something in the air (whatever you sense the change is.) Could it be because we are so close to something shifting that people pick up on that very palpable feeling and interpret it in whatever way they sense it? (earthquake, comet, end-of-the-world) Those things aren't so very different at the core-something big and society changing. To me the fact that there is an increase in these kind of predictions says that something is close and people feel it, not that they are full of b.s.


Or perhaps it is due to the fact that the only thing that is in the air is a lot of hyped up BS because most here on ATS are convinced that something terrible will happen.

Try something and see if you think differently. Do what I did and stay away from ATS for one week, surround youself with good people, watch only uplifting television and movies and avoid TV news, radio and newspapers and see if your attitude changes.
Mine did and now I look at ATS as a bit of a laugh.
You'll look back at the predictions made that past week and think what a joke it all was.

Take a look around you, there are people who have never heard of ATS that are out there happily getting on with their lives.
Sure the going may be tough but the tough always get going...

One last thing...why is every prediction made on ATS involve some sort of catastrophe to humankind?
Name one thread that predicted good things to come.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone
 


they both accomplish the same task spread fear and ignorance for the purpose of CONTROL. dont you find it curious that all organized religions have laws or rules that cant be found in any text ie Bible Koran Torah why? also each ancient religion speaks of alien visitations in ancient times told from a different perspective but essentially the same

"we are not alone, we have never been alone" sorry I had to throw that in there..........my religious beliefs are based on tangible evidence not blind faith. for many years I was an atheist but this girl Brooke Greenbergs very existence validates the bible do the math she will, barring accidents and illness outlive noah and others in the bible etc.. so now I am looking at those works with renewed interest and a critical practical scientific mind

.for example I just started reading the book of Enoch and Wow perfect representation of an alien encounter and abduction each heaven he visited is described like a different planet

now my personal belief is by dec 21 2012 an event will happen that is ET related. if I am wrong I will apologize but if I am right what will you do?
edit on 23-4-2011 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks
 





One last thing...why is every prediction made on ATS involve some sort of catastrophe to humankind? Name one thread that predicted good things to come.


I predict good things to come, but I also believe that for the new to come in, the old must die. Not literally necessarily, but definitely at a certain level. I agree that there is definitely a meme being perpetuated here. At the same time, I had the same feeling of the 6 month window (which will be up in mid-May) before I had even heard of ATS. That certainly wasn't from spending too much time on the board. Like I said, there is a change in the air and it is close. Some people feel it, some people don't, and some people don't want to-frightened by the prospect that the life that they have known could change in an instant. Earthquake? Comet? Really big False Flag? I don't know. It's hard to pin down. I am absolutely certain something big is coming that will shake the world to its core and kill off the old system so a new, more equitable and conscious system can take it's place. The only difference between me and someone like the OP is that I don't put a solid date or specific happening into the mix. But something is absolutely close.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
reply to post by RideTheLightning89
 


News flash, the world has been 'falling apart' since man had that theory.
It's not a new concept you know.
Skimmed most of it because I noticed you still persist to call me a moron and ignored the bulk of your post.
I got the gist though, you are saying you are glad nothing happened and wasn't hoping it did, but yet you persist to flame me for making the simple point predicting an Earthquake is hardly a far out idea is it.
Since Japans quake Earthquake has been the flavour of the month too.
It was rather simple points and common sense I used, you appear to persist to call me a moron for no other reason than I keep pointing out that it didn't happen and it appears many people's sick f'ing desires wasn't fulfilled.
I'm done with you, I can see through your façade, you're angry it didn't happen which is why you resort to name calling like a spoilt little kid who didn't get his own way.

As I said, don't worry, you can leap for joy drooling at the death and destruction because that big one will happen, pretty sure the thousands of predictions here will hit the nail on the head one day, then you can get your fill of acting like it was a 1 in a billion chance and no other predictions failed before it.
I will still be a moron because I will still point out it was merely coincidence and a pretty obvious prediction (hence boring).
You can defend the failed prediction to other people now, I made my point, I was right, it never came true, so what if that was the most obvious choice, it certainly wasn't what the majority here hoped for, which was my entire point and obviously sarcastic to anyone who wasn't in such a defensive mode.

This always happens, failed prediction, I say "does that mean we can safely say that predictions are by and large nonsense" but it just makes people like you angry because you don't want that to be true, you want to ignore failed predictions and move on until you find a prediction vaguely right and then act like it was ...
You know I am just going round in circles, but I'm the moron of course for having to point out the blatantly simple logic.


Dude, after my original posting, i never ONCE called you a moron again. I was just explaining my reasoning to you. Apparently, that was taken as hostile and I have been "persisting" with calling you a moron. For the love of God, I do NOT ( I repeat for the millionth time), do NOT........hope that something like this happens. I just really do NOT like it when people are mean to others when they are genuinely SCARED out of their mind. This is a board to share such feelings about conspiracies/the paranormal, and so he did. We should then move in to agree or disagree by respectfully providing valuable insight. Not.. 'oooh another fail! Just like I said!".

I have nothing to be mad at the world for, and quite frankly, I love my life! If this world is indeed in lots of trouble, we are in this together and not a single one of us can do a damn thing about it! As for your theory about the world ALWAYS being in this state, that I have to agree AND disagree with as well. Since man has been around, (I think it's about 100-200,000 years now), there have been Ice Ages and other global catastrophes such as the 1859 Carrington Event (save for another thread). Things have happened in the past. But have things all gone wrong at once in such a short span of time? We are at constant war, economies are collapsing worldwide, international disease, the climate is changing rapidly, flocks of animals are mysteriously getting killed off in droves, earthquakes and volcanoes erupting simultaneously, radiation from nuclear plants. Couple this with major solar flare activity in the next year or so.

You're foloing yourself to think that nothing's changed in the past, let's say, 10 years or so. And you're telling me I'm defensive, yet I'm open to both sides of the token.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks
 





One last thing...why is every prediction made on ATS involve some sort of catastrophe to humankind? Name one thread that predicted good things to come.


I predict good things to come, but I also believe that for the new to come in, the old must die. Not literally necessarily, but definitely at a certain level. I agree that there is definitely a meme being perpetuated here. At the same time, I had the same feeling of the 6 month window (which will be up in mid-May) before I had even heard of ATS. That certainly wasn't from spending too much time on the board. Like I said, there is a change in the air and it is close. Some people feel it, some people don't, and some people don't want to-frightened by the prospect that the life that they have known could change in an instant. Earthquake? Comet? Really big False Flag? I don't know. It's hard to pin down. I am absolutely certain something big is coming that will shake the world to its core and kill off the old system so a new, more equitable and conscious system can take it's place. The only difference between me and someone like the OP is that I don't put a solid date or specific happening into the mix. But something is absolutely close.


I agree to some extent that changes are coming but not in some mystical way.
The events in the middle east are an indication that there will be change in years to come if not the near future.
The current generation of young adults in the middle east are far better educated than their parents. They are less likely to be fooled by regimes and dictators like their parents.
They are much more aware of the world and the role of governments. They are not happy with the way things are run and they are slowly but steadily puting things right.
Americans need to do the same but not through bloodshed, they already have democracy, they just need to stand up and elect the politicians who will work in the peoples best interests not the fatcats and faceless corporations.
China will fall, it will take a little longer but it will happen.
Hopefully we will be able to negotiate with people all around the world for a better deal for all.
We are heading in the right direction, it just needs time.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantomfire707

I am sorry and deeply apologize to every single person on this thread.

I had a set of beliefs and it looks like they were wrong.

I am especially sorry to any of you that took the time to understand my reasoning and were fair with me in your comments.

I hope God Blesses every one of you.

I will need to make adjustments to my priorities from now on.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Brian..


Hang in there...Life is hard in the prediction field.

Nevermind the haters..

I like to read these predictions. It makes me feel more aware.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Well it might not have been pin-pointed, but there was a large earthquake just an hour an a half ago...

A 6.9 magnitude in the Solomon Islands..

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...


Are the Soloman Islands listed on the stock market?



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by iamhobo
Well it might not have been pin-pointed, but there was a large earthquake just an hour an a half ago...

A 6.9 magnitude in the Solomon Islands..

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...


Are the Soloman Islands listed on the stock market?


Why ? You want to buy some?

edit on 23-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
119
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

log in

join