It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Warning to the Great United States. Last Sign CONFIRMED. 1-day left.

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
Therefore the lunatics end up running the asylum and those who try to "Deny Ignorance" just give up and move on with their lives.

Well think through this one a little bit deeper.

What is the #1 thing that will help a person who is making predictions learn and reach the "Deny Ignorance" point? Their predictions failing time and again. This will hopefully make them look at the steps they are taking and contemplate them. Those who won't get the clue will certainly not get it by people "taking them to task" for it. Really the primary method of learning is through experience. After enough experience with predictions, most people come to understand what they are experiencing and take a more wise approach to what they are pursuing/feeling/communicating.

On the flip side, I love reading people's thought processes that go into predictions. Not because I think they are going to come true, but because I inevitably wind up learning something. Even if it's small. Usually because the person making the prediction is pulling an idea or a point of view from a direction I haven't ever thought of or heard of. If I were to just stop at the surface "OH GOD ANOTHER PREDICTION!??!" attitude, I'd never gain anything. But instead, I say "Ok... why are they saying this" and... voila... I learn about a new book or a new news story... or a new science... or a new mythology... etc.

Both sides can gain if you take a respectful attitude and accept that people are at all sorts of different stages of learning, growth, etc... and rather than assume someone is a lunatic and dismiss... seek to understand the difference in what you believe and what they believe and see whether there is anything you may have to learn. You don't have to accept their entire stance... but I've almost always learned at least *something*.

And you never know how some small thing you heard from a "lunatic" might someday be really interesting or useful to you later.

Namaste.

edit on 22-4-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: Minor clarifications.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

It has become so predictable with a catastophic prediction guaranteed weekly, be that an earthquake, comet, war or end-of-the-world prophecy.

I don't disagree, however, did you stop to think that it says less about the caliber of people on ATS and more about the fact that there is definitely something in the air (whatever you sense the change is.) Could it be because we are so close to something shifting that people pick up on that very palpable feeling and interpret it in whatever way they sense it? (earthquake, comet, end-of-the-world) Those things aren't so very different at the core-something big and society changing. To me the fact that there is an increase in these kind of predictions says that something is close and people feel it, not that they are full of b.s.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

It has become so predictable with a catastophic prediction guaranteed weekly, be that an earthquake, comet, war or end-of-the-world prophecy.

I don't disagree, however, did you stop to think that it says less about the caliber of people on ATS and more about the fact that there is definitely something in the air (whatever you sense the change is.) Could it be because we are so close to something shifting that people pick up on that very palpable feeling and interpret it in whatever way they sense it? (earthquake, comet, end-of-the-world) Those things aren't so very different at the core-something big and society changing. To me the fact that there is an increase in these kind of predictions says that something is close and people feel it, not that they are full of b.s.

/big giant hug for offering this perspective

Namaste

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush

Why isn't it favourable by the way? It's 50/50, it either comes true or it doesn't,

While I may agree with elements of what you said, and disagree with elements of the guy youre responding to, he is right.

It is FAVORABLE that hedging against a prediction (especially of a megaquake) is "money well spent".

In theory, the answer would be 50/50, numerically, especially in this case, favorable statistics suggest that because of the history of megaquakes and their frequency, the favorable bet would be against it happening on any particular day, than it actually happening.

Just like it would be unfavorable to bet on Yellowstone erupting (if they did so a year after it erupted the last time, they would have had to wait for their money to pay off for 639,000 years if it erupted right now)
edit on 22-4-2011 by alphabetaone because: Edited for Clarity

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Therefore the lunatics end up running the asylum and those who try to "Deny Ignorance" just give up and move on with their lives.

Certainly. I agree with you, but you know what....in that same sentence you could also add "...but then again, there is also no need to deny ignorance if I know better, so why fight."

It's always been mostly a lose/lose battle here on ATS when it comes to such charged topics...the way I see it is like this....take away from it anything I find valuable, and leave the rest behind.

Pretty much why I don't participate in ATS threads, only the occasional comment. As I said I read this pretty much for laughs and never take any of it seriously. I gave up fighting ignorance on ATS a long time ago and I hate walking away when there are people who are so obviously gullible but some people would rather put a negative spin on life than listen to reason.
There are so many people who are blissfully unaware of ATS and it's doomsayers that I figured I'd go and join them.

I have yet to read a prediction by anyone with a positive outcome, they all seem to have a death wish.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

That is VERY true. Often the predictions are dire in nature.

Also though, keep this in mind (or at least I do), think of the REASON people have a propensity for coming here in the first place?

I would say, about 3/4 come here because they feel lost, or because they feel as though they are NUTS for feeling some of the things they do.

In that, I would imagine they find this a place to resign those feelings, more like a "whew, Im NOT nuts if some others say and do the same things I do".

If you simply keep in mind what the draw is in the first place, then you start to see why the theme of recurring threads and posts all start to look the same.

link   
I'm not sure what is sadder...

Pathetic predictions that time after time, do not come to fruition.. or a thread based on one that reaches 55 PAGES after a couple of days. Sad.

link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Well said!
I would like to see the meaness end. We need to be kind to eachother. We can debate without the hate. I, too enjoy reading the predictions here on ATS. As you, I too feel something is coming.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

this is what you base 616 on en.wikipedia.org... a fragmented fragment????

Papyrus 115 (P. Oxy. 4499, designated by mathfrak[P]115 in the Gregory-Aland numbering) is a fragmented manuscript of the New Testament written in Greek on papyrus. It consists of 12 fragments of a codex containing parts of the Book of Revelation. It dates to the 3rd century, ca. 225-275 CE.[1] Grenfell and Hunt discovered the papyrus at Oxyrhynchus, Egypt.

mathfrak[P]115 was not deciphered and published until the end of the 20th century. It is currently housed at the Ashmolean Museum.
and yes i know it is wiki it is the only way to find it. oh sure after if find that i find this www.edwardtbabinski.us... fromthe link

Physical features: This manuscript contains 26 fragments of a codex containing the book of Revelation (and probably nothing more). Each sheet originally measured about 15.5 cm x 23.5 cm, with 33-36 lines per page. It is likely that the scribe used a coder that was already bound before he began to his work, inasmuch as the width of the writing on the pages with binding to the right-hand side (i,e., the even-numbered pages) tends to be narrower than those with binding to the left-hand side (i.e., the odd-numbered pages). The difficulty of writing on the right side of the left page thereby can be explained if the pages were already bound.

ok if you say so and the rest of it says ??? oh ya its fragmented
still watching it is 10:38 pm still could happen earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 22-4-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. and link

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
I didn't take the OP seriously when I read in his related links he thinks there's significance to the number 666 and 777 due to his apparent Christian background...

You all worry about nonsense while I take a good, long nap.

edit on 22-4-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

So I woke up from my nap.

What did I miss?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Certainly. I agree with you, but you know what....in that same sentence you could also add "...but then again, there is also no need to deny ignorance if I know better, so why fight."

It's always been mostly a lose/lose battle here on ATS when it comes to such charged topics...the way I see it is like this....take away from it anything I find valuable, and leave the rest behind.

Pretty much why I don't participate in ATS threads, only the occasional comment. As I said I read this pretty much for laughs and never take any of it seriously. I gave up fighting ignorance on ATS a long time ago and I hate walking away when there are people who are so obviously gullible but some people would rather put a negative spin on life than listen to reason.
There are so many people who are blissfully unaware of ATS and it's doomsayers that I figured I'd go and join them.

I have yet to read a prediction by anyone with a positive outcome, they all seem to have a death wish.

I agree with you 100%. You must be reading rational mind today. The prime of reason resides in knowing.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
6.9 soloman islands area
where is that anyway?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
could this be it the one that ends the stock market? earthquake.usgs.gov...

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 6.9
Date-Time

Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 04:16:55 UTC
Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 03:16:55 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 10.349°S, 161.233°E
Depth 81.6 km (50.7 miles)
Region SOLOMON ISLANDS
Distances 76 km (47 miles) W of Kira Kira, San Cristobal, Solomon Isl.
173 km (107 miles) SE of HONIARA, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands
184 km (114 miles) SSE of Auki, Malaita, Solomon Islands
2084 km (1294 miles) NNE of BRISBANE, Queensland, Australia
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 14.4 km (8.9 miles); depth +/- 7.9 km (4.9 miles)
Parameters NST=393, Nph=393, Dmin=173.7 km, Rmss=0.86 sec, Gp= 22°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
Source

USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0002xcx
or not, it is a 6.9 and it is 10:49 where i am at so 1/2 ding again for the op still be looking

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I dont think I have ever heard someone so self deluded with self importance and wanting to be accepted as much as this " false prophet".. Hey ! you are not that important !
No one cares about your " revelations" of warning and false humility.
Just know that you are a unique creation and you won't have to strive to be important. Jeeez.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
it is now 12:29 eastern time as i said in my previous post I want an apology for the "Fear Mongering" predictions......................you were proven wrong nothing happend today except I ate too much and had to take a dump. now i like a good prediction I love all the levels of detail that go into making predictions but there are no consequences when they are proven wrong and thankfully you were proven wrong. besides what was the connection to the stock market and major earthquakes?

Cloudsinthesky any prediction of doom and gloom that does not come true is Fear Mongering...................
at least I have a year and a half to be proven wrong not tomorrow

tinker9917 somethings are not meant to be just wishful thinking and the only destiny I believe in is what I create or manifest for myself

Jomina You I agree with I hope you dont mind me qouting you....
"Not to mention history repeating itself. That part definitely happens. The events may have different names and faces/places, but the flavor of the time period is definitely there"
well said

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Are you religious Gaurdian?

Just curious...If so, what religion if you dont mind me asking?

Here, I'll finish that thought for you, if you are religious.....

Precisely what would you call most of the passages in the Bible if you're Christian, or the Quran if you're Muslim, or the Tora, if you're Jewish?

You know, all those that make dire predictions?

Is that fear mongering as well?

Feel free to answer at your leisure.
edit on 23-4-2011 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
662 eq in CA, NV region earthquake.usgs.gov... still could hit at 666, 11:10pm a lot can happen in 50 min.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What is going on right now in this world of ours is not very funny, watching Dianna the princess on tv right now. just thought that i would check in here now.I am not into the royal wedding upcoming, not on tv or what it portends. As we all know the Queen is worth trillions, the richest bitch in the world. Need I say more? Next...I was born in england from a good family and I am very scared right now, I have done the alternative thing, crystals, meditation etc, right now I do not have a job or enough hours in canada to qualify for canada's emploment insuranse. I am also very aware that we, humanity are faceing a possible extinction level event albeit on my birthday then in november again...the 11.11.11 keeps coming up for me, whether it's my clock in my car or at home..again scary. Then again, Today Kissenger suggest that the US leads a land invasion into LIbya, This man or what ever he is must be getting very old, how is it that the counsell on foriegn relations controls the future of our humanity? This man along with rupert murdock and his friend mr microsoft bill gates and others are selling us the people down the tube. Those of you that are familiar to my posts know that I have actually spent time with both Bill and Henry. I knew not what I wa doing at that time. But now as an older man know with all of my heart and soul that what i did was wrong. These people are evil to the Nth term and should be put down. I think I have said enough, don't you? cheers, let's see how long this post lasts?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

fine but come on, predicting an Earthquake, its like looking at a busy road and predicting two blue cars will pass one after the other, if it did happen then people would have been going crazy here, I would have put it down to coincidence (I aren't even including the Dow thing either), but it seems to point out the fact that something is mere coincidence suddenly we the doubters are the crazy ones.

If I predict now, within 4 hours of this post California would be hit by an Earthquake measuring 7.7 while simultaneously a famous music star will also die (not as a result of the quake) and a plane will crash in the Netherlands tomorrow killing all 247 people on board (Sunday to me now) then that's a much more precise prediction, but if all three of those did come true it would still be coincidence and I would feel indifferent to making the predictions because I didn't make them happen either, I would feel sad at the disasters of course but I certainly wouldn't be patting myself on the back or letting people martyr me.

I feel I don't even want to address the thread creator because I seriously feel he is either just really playing about or that he sincerely has mental health issues that need addressing, not as in he is dangerous but just that by the sound of how he described crying to his brother about it that he seriously has issues that simply need addressing, maybe he has gone through a traumatic experience or really just convinced himself of things because he can't quite see things from a logical standpoint right now.

I really aren't intending that as an insult either, its just upsetting to see he was so emotional about it all and if he really is that deeply affected by his own belief structure he has built then I suspect he won't even recognise this failed prediction and simply move right on to trying to join the dots again to further convince himself, I just don't think people should encourage it, they should be blunt like I am and just say "look, you was wrong, think!" so that it brings a little reality back, instead I find people will still after a failed prediction try to justify the failed prediction and take offence to anyone calling foul which sadly only goes to further delude the person who feels s/he still must be right because others are still connecting dots with him/her.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush

Originally posted by RideTheLightning89The odds of a future premonition coming true aren't favorable in comparison to the odds of betting AGAINST a premonition coming true. In other words, a person can describe an extremely in-depth premonition and get zero credit, but you want to sit there and yell "LIE!" like all the other buffoons in this thread without any supporting evidence, and get ALL the credit?
You, sir, are a moron.

Don't be angry at me because your salivating and hand rubbing for a big earthquake (boring prediction btw) would kill a bunch of innocent people didn't come true.
Calm down, morons like me will be wrong one day, you will be able to worship some genius predicting the rain will come on a Tuesday or some other really unlikely event.

Why isn't it favourable by the way? It's 50/50, it either comes true or it doesn't, he predicted it would and it would seem by all the stars and flags many agreed, I predicted it wouldn't happen, I would say I predicted right, it was 50/50, he placed the bet, this moron was right, I used a really neat trick though, it's called not being a believer of nonsense, but of course, I am the moron for not believing in predictions and other silly nonsense.
Have a nice day sir, too bad for you that today wasn't a day of death and destruction for you to martyr some lucky guess though.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm entirely happy that nothing happened. The odds are 50/50 when you take it as a single day standpoint, but how many days have passed in recent history with nothing earth-changing happening? Dozens! (aside from the japan tsnuami and earthquake). So to bet that a single disastrous entity WON'T take place on a day further into the future, the odds are with you.. are they not?

I'm by no means rubbing my hands, licking my lips, waiting for an earthquake of disastrous proportions. Hell, I'm not even from the projected area, let alone live in the States. I don't even monitor daily seismic activity. But i DO find these boards interesting.

When you take a look at the world around you, it's clear to see that the world falling apart is not a fabrication. There are so many elements wrong with it that go beyond the scope of this thread. If someone predicts disaster, it's certainly not "nonsense". When you do that, you're being just as naive and guillible as the people (like the OP) that you're criticizing. Do you go around from prediction thread to prediction thread telling them they are full of it? Although I don't root for it, I'm certainly open to the idea.

How is it a "boring prediction"? Because it could potentially be real and occur? Would your prefer if he predicted an alien invasion with advanced military weaponry and floating zombies with samurai swords?
He's not telling this enjoyment, this is a STRONG burning concern of his.

You're not a moron for believing what you wish, that is entirely up to you! I called you that because you are not just disagreeing with the topic, but downright pulverizing and dismissing his beliefs as little more than a campfire story. And then trying to look to others for credit. That i don't agree with.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join