It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran-burning pastor plans armed rally at US mosque

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Why shouldn't he have a right to do so? Are muslims so special that everyone should fear any dishonoring of Islam? People hold rallies and protests for almost everything else, but dammit muslims are exempt because of the threat of violence.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

True Christians shouldn't be inciting voilence of any kind,

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This pastor is an idiot. With that being said, Terry....DO NOT EVER let anyone try and take away your rights as an American Citizen.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Think about it, would you want a bunch of gun toting Muslims parading around your Church as they ever so peacefully protest your religion?

I am thinking this Pastor gets the number of people he does to jump on this because there is a possibility of violence and media coverage. Then the two sides can begin pointing fingers and what not about who's fault it was.

If this Pastor would coordinate with the Muslim Church to meet with his....I guess they are parishioners and have a nice get together as they got to know one another and asked questions about each other that they never could. It would be a good time. It would be a real social event. No need for touting weapons.

Seriously express a desire to know more. Be honest and say that your people believe this and that and that getting together may clear things up for everyone.

Food, refreshments, music and people making friends. That's how it should go down. How cool would that be actually? To go hang out with Muslims from a Mosque and talk about their culture and yours under a vague party atmosphere. I'm down with that.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by 547000

Think about it, would you want a bunch of gun toting Muslims parading around your Church as they ever so peacefully protest your religion?

I am thinking this Pastor gets the number of people he does to jump on this because there is a possibility of violence and media coverage. Then the two sides can begin pointing fingers and what not about who's fault it was.

If this Pastor would coordinate with the Muslim Church to meet with his....I guess they are parishioners and have a nice get together as they got to know one another and asked questions about each other that they never could. It would be a good time. It would be a real social event. No need for touting weapons.

Seriously express a desire to know more. Be honest and say that your people believe this and that and that getting together may clear things up for everyone.

Food, refreshments, music and people making friends. That's how it should go down. How cool would that be actually? To go hang out with Muslims from a Mosque and talk about their culture and yours under a vague party atmosphere. I'm down with that.

Maybe the President can invite them all to the white house for coffee and sammiches? There must be SOMETHING that they can agree upon and find common ground on?

I mean who DOESN'T like sammiches?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
i knew he was a fed.

i just knew it!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Okay,at first,I,didn't know how to put this serious matter down on this thread. So,here I,go.First,He can rally,but NO VIOLENCE,HE IS TOTALLY WRONG ON THIS.Also he was wrong on burning the book.We,have no right to burn any ones books. Just like our government,they shouldn't of burnt our bibles.2 wrongs don't make a right.Now,you all know,I,don't believe in Shari law or the Koran. But,I,don't have the right to destroy things,or fight someone,or go around killing someone. I,wouldn't do,it any how,there are different ways of handling things.Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, (5332) and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.This is very interesting,on pastors..
,Matthew 7:1, “Judge not, that ye be not judged”,so we have to be careful,on how we say things.I,do think in his heart he is doing Gods will,But he is going by it the wrong way.He doesn't believe in it,so he can rally peacefully about it,but don't start a war over it. People will be hurt or more die,because of how he is handling it. I,personally ,don't go by their beliefs. If we simply pull out Matthew 7:1, “Do not judge so that you will not be judged” then maybe we would be tempted to think “We better not pronounce any kind of judgment on anyone at any time”. But what does it change when we realize that Jesus is talking about hypocritical judgment (vv. 2-5)? What does it change when we are actually given a way to judge false prophets just a few verses later (v. 16) by saying “you will know them by their fruits?” What does it change when we realize the whole chapter is about understanding that there are two groups of people: those trying to enter by the wide gate and those entering by the narrow gate; false prophets and true prophets; those who have built life upon the rock or upon the sand?

Therefore, “Do not judge so that you will not be judged” cannot mean, “Don’t determine if someone’s way of living is right or wrong according to the Bible”. Instead it means, “Don’t set your own hypocritical standard to judge someone. Rather, here are some Biblical judgments that are true in evaluating right and wrong.” Therefore, waving the trump card of “Don’t judge me” isn’t Biblical. This is my best answer to this........If Christians were not allowed to tell the world what the Bible says, then there would be no evangelism. If Christians were not allowed to say what is right and wrong according to the Bible then the Bible is pointless when explaining how to discipline within the church (Matthew 18:15-17; 1 Corinthians 5:1-3). If Christians aren’t allowed to say what the Bible says, why do we go to church and listen to preaching?

We make judgments every day. Without them we have no basis for anything from choosing a mate to choosing a pastor to choosing an doctor.But when it comes to morality, salvation and eternal destiny, the Christian doesn’t make the judgment; he only explains the Word of the one who has.Which is GOD ALMIGHTY.
edit on 21-4-2011 by venusstarlite because: ALMIGHTY,IS WHAT I MEANT TO SAY,AT THE END HERE

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Terry Jones is an idiot. But the last time I checked, there was no law against stupidity. If there was, DC would be in violation.
What I'd like to see is the religion of peace, actually acting like it. Just imagine the PR coup if they did nothing.
But
We all know that won't be the case.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

i was just saying to to make a point....he has been extreme, why can't i. At least mine are only words and not actions.
People whom are taking 9/11 out on ALL Muslims are being racist and its not right! This is why the darker skinAmericans think race is always an issue with everything when people try to speak their minds or opinions.

Truth is by people doing crap like this (mind you, its just a book to me too, I am not religious haven't even read the bible AT ALL....I believe in a creator and i love him, but that how I choose to think) it definitely a threat to the American People! Also the idiots that started all these wars and get right in the middle of a damn religious wars is altimitly a bigger threat to the American People!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Dear supposed man of god. Please spend what precious little time you have on this earth doing something positive, creative, beneficial to the human race, thought provoking, kind and selfless. Or at least try, don’t spend what is left of your life a bitter hate filled old man.

I thought pride was a sin? So why don't you humble yourself a little and get off your high horse.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Oh I can't wait to see the results from this. He probably knew that they would never let him protest. My personal opinion is that all churches should disassociate themselves from him and his "church". There is nothing Holy about these people. He in no way represents Christianity.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
His probably in alliance with the devil and using god as cover!

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

He's planning an armed rally. That's a lot different. Besides our rights were created based on right vs wrong. Him attacking what other people believe has nothing to do with Christianity. If he wants to fight a holy war. His opposition isn't in Detroit.
edit on 4/21/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79

You are right in saying so. This man is a moron, it is as simple as that. No one on this thread is here to deny that. What most of us do want to do however is to protect our civil rights. The best way to subdue this man is to organize counter protests- much like people have done with the WBC.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

The Bible was written by man, I feel many things in it are added by man. I think it's easy to know Gods will. Just listen. I think it's whole purpose is to form a basis of right vs wrong good vs evil. I think man took faith added and subtracted from the bible to form the early forms of government. I believe this is why it can be so confusing. What god that you would want to worship would have you murder a defenseless person that God created?Thats not holy Not one that I would worship. We are all worshiping the same God. It's just different additions and subtractions based on human wickedness.Churches do spread the word of god but it's also a very profitable business. I don't think the Lord is into profits. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You know I always took that Islam was a peaceful religion. Because Muslims that seem peaceful say it is that it's extremists interpreting it incorrectly. I don't judge people based on color or what they believe. But I really got curious how the message of Islam got so distorted to where people are getting beheaded. So I researched it. To be Frank there is nothing peaceful about Islam except peace between fellow Muslims. Any religion where they plot to shake your hand with the hand that they have reserved to wipe their butts with and shake hands with fellow Muslims with their other hand. (right). Well after my research I concluded that there is nothing holy about a religion that preaches what they preach and especially one that feels you either have to submit to it or be killed so they can peacefully sleep at night. I just summed up the facts of Islam right there. It's not about different interpretations. If ya don't believe it. Buy the book.

I still don't agree with what he's doing though. I think it's dumb to fight over religion. However if someone would try to convert me. They would get a rude awakening.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

reply to post by venusstarlite The Bible was written by man, I feel many things in it are added by man. I think it's easy to know Gods will. Just listen. I think it's whole purpose is to form a basis of right vs wrong good vs evil. I think man took faith added and subtracted from the bible to form the early forms of government. I believe this is why it can be so confusing. What god that you would want to worship would have you murder a defenseless person that God created?Thats not holy Not one that I would worship. We are all worshiping the same God. It's just different additions and subtractions based on human wickedness.Churches do spread the word of god but it's also a very profitable business. I don't think the Lord is into profits. Just my opinion. signature: There are some of the most intelligent people I have ever had a chance to talk with on here. But there are also some that are so out of touch of actual reality and mentally unstable that its kinda scary. Author YRMUTHER
reply to post by JerryB08

,I,agree with some of this,True,man wrote,it,but I,feel God told them what to say,now in the new testament,it was all experienced,except revelation,, John,dreamed,like manner,with Jesus talking to him.I,don't think the old was added to or new,it says if it has they will be punished.....I,don't believe in war,or killing.as in the bible,i can't judge,I,don't about it,God was telling them to fight evil.Very true,there is a lot of false preachers and a lot out for just the money.But god said to our tithes,he will handle the rest..That's what I,was talking about judging,there is a time and a place,or thing,when we should.We,have to follow law of the land,God says we have to.What this preacher is doing,he is going it the wrong way.He can do a rally,but no army,or hurting or killing,or guns.Yes,they are scary, False prophets,we have to watch for.Its a shame,some of the big preachers are fakes.God knows,he will take care of them.We all just need to watch who we follow or listen to.Jesus warned us,and it would get worse,close to the end.
I,don't agree all faiths are the same,I,believe there is only one way to heaven,through JESUS CHRIST,HE SAID THIS,in the bible.I,study everything I,can,and learn things new everyday.God gave det,for governing,and levit.,But man kind changed things to want they wanted,not God,his word never changes.Man kind made the yoke heavy to carry,not God.Jesus said he would make it easy,light.Pastors,got people so confused.The word is very simple and easy to follow.That preacher in fla.needs prayer,and guidance,he is wrong,on he is hadling this.Someone will get hurt or killed,I,am afraid,my dear friend.Keep your faith,obey Gods laws,and commandments,and you won't go wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Why shouldn't he have a right to do so?

Stocking, bulling, intimidating, harassing is crossing the line.

Would it be acceptable if your x-spouse etc. stood outside
your residence shouting absurdities too ?

edit on 21/4/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

First off, i am not for burning anyone's holy book
But it Is just a book and not worth Lives!
This man isn't a danger to us all- the murdering muslims are
How many buddists or christians have slaughtered innocent people for burning a book lately?
Protesting and such are freedoms Americans enjoy and That is what I'm taking up for.
If they have an armed rally that is against the law we will handle it but Not by slaughtering innocent people .

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter

This man isn't a danger to us all- the murdering muslims are

I would think that murdering [put any faith or religion here], is a danger to us all....not simply muslims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join