It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran-burning pastor plans armed rally at US mosque

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
reply to post by Grimalkin

Poor form blaming this guy for the murders of the UN people!

People say and do things all the time that other people don't like, doesn't mean it excuses you from murdering in cold blood.

Very poor form

That's not what was posted. Read carefully before you jump on someone.

I'm new to ATS and I'm shocked at what is being written in these forums. I'm finding out there's a whole lot of hateful people out there in cyberland. Does anybody think anymore or just react with resentment and anger at anything that may go against their opinions?

Look, this pastor is a hate monger in the first degree. From what I'm seeing on ATS are a lot of little hate mongers who may some day mature into something like the dude whose the subject of this forum.

"YOU'LL BECOME WHAT YOU HATE THE MOST"--Gwynplaine

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GWYNPLAINE

Agreed, and starred for that....unfortunately, you just can't eliminate hate with mere words....but just look around....as Jim Garrison said, "Today, I'm ashamed to be an American"

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimalkin
If people would only practice what their prophets taught, the world would be a wonderful place. It's too bad no one can fully live up to their ideals, but it's not that hard for us to be kind to each other.

I wonder how this preacher can continue to preach when Jesus said: "Love God with all your heart, soul and mind; and love your neighbor as yourself". This He said is the greatest commandment. This commandment wasn't even new. It was first written by Moses in his law.

I can't imagine how somebody who claims Jesus Christ as his God and Lord can continue this abominable behavior. Isn't causing murder and mayhem in Afghanistan at the U.N. enough? How can he live with himself?

This guy is truly an abomination, and so is the media for giving him notoriety.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Grimalkin because: half asleep

So you're saying that if folks were more religious, this world would actually be a better place? Such delusion!

After this guy is done burning Korans, he should really come to his senses and start burning Bibles and Talmuds. The Abrahamic faiths are the scourge of the Earth, pure and simple.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

Indeed.

Whatever it takes to ensure the cycle of intolerance and hate continues!

If I could flag you for it, gosh I sure would...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Just as I have said before, tolerance is overrated. Go ahead and give me one good reason why anyone should tolerate this rubbish!
And the suggestion of tolerance here is actually kind of ironic, if you think about it.....

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Noooooo I can't give you or ANYONE any reason to tolerate this rubbish! Don't misinterpret....unless you meant it sarcastically, burning ANY of the religious books or documentation, or effects are sure to incite whomever is a practitioner of that religion....it's intolerance on either side of the fence.

But I don't think tolerance is overrated, and frankly if the majority of the world DOES think so (which is probably true) then frankly, whats the point of battling it out here? There's no hope anyway for peaceful anything.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Nope. That isn't what I implied. I wrote nothing about religion. What was implied was that people should practice what they preach, as instructed in their holy texts regarding peace, love and harmonious relations, which are at the core of their prophets teachings. Because some do not adhere to the above virtues doesn't mean others, the vast majority, are guilty by association with the hate mongers. I even suspect that at the Mosque tomorrow there will be many, many prayers for peace; it's the Muslim world who at this time know the result of an attitude of hate and vengeance; check out the news tonight.

You might also glance at Gwynplaines post and his brilliant quote above; something we all should take to heart.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thanks for that. So not only will he try to incite violence against him by Muslims, he will interfere with Good Friday services at the churches by the mosque? Why is he not leading Good Friday services at his own church? Has he forgotten the importance of this time to Christians? Interesting that the 4 churches seem to have no problem with the mosque, yet this scumbag feels the need to come into town and cause trouble.

Does he have the right? Yes, I suppose he does. Should he, as a Christian (supposedly) do this? No, he should not.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There may actually be a few people who try to attack this moron, you are right. And sadly, bigots around the world will use that to paint 1 billion people as extremists. Which, of course, is exactly what this moron wants.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

The best thing would be to ignore him and allow the 4 Christian churches nearby to carry out their Good Friday services. They should not have to suffer because of this idiot.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
wasnt Islam not the believe of the devil? the pastor seems to belive this..

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDutch
wasnt Islam not the believe of the devil? the pastor seems to belive this..

??

That's news to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimalkin

Nope. That isn't what I implied. I wrote nothing about religion. What was implied was that people should practice what they preach, as instructed in their holy texts regarding peace, love and harmonious relations, which are at the core of their prophets teachings. Because some do not adhere to the above virtues doesn't mean others, the vast majority, are guilty by association with the hate mongers. I even suspect that at the Mosque tomorrow there will be many, many prayers for peace; it's the Muslim world who at this time know the result of an attitude of hate and vengeance; check out the news tonight.

You might also glance at Gwynplaines post and his brilliant quote above; something we all should take to heart.

www.exposingchristianity.com

www.revisionisthistory.org/talmudtruth.html

www.prophetofdoom.net

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

The black panthers did it... they can too... as long as they are registered and visible. I mean if you can carry around hunting rifles anywhere surely they could bring them to a protest

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Realtruth

Thanks for that. So not only will he try to incite violence against him by Muslims, he will interfere with Good Friday services at the churches by the mosque? Why is he not leading Good Friday services at his own church? Has he forgotten the importance of this time to Christians? Interesting that the 4 churches seem to have no problem with the mosque, yet this scumbag feels the need to come into town and cause trouble.

Does he have the right? Yes, I suppose he does. Should he, as a Christian (supposedly) do this? No, he should not.

first of all that is only in catholocism my friend... there are dozens of different types of christianity my friend

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
reply to post by alphabetaone

You're certainly entitled to your opinion
Yet it seems that muslims are the ones that go around killing innocent people on a regular basdis.

Opinion?

I didn't state opinion, I stated fact....murderers of ANY faith or religion or belief are dangerous to us all...muslims aren't the only murderers. Where is there opinion in that? Or would you like to somehow pose that murderers of different faith have varying levels of danger?

I concur... ever heard of a little thing called the crusades.... oh and hitler and most nazi's were christians too

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What an idoit this guy is...I'm not a muslim but this guy is the cause for all that has happened...those muslims who killed innocent people are not true muslims and should be punished but this idoit has started it all...why on earth burn someones religious book..your only asking for trouble.I thought being a christian was all about accepting other peoples beliefs and what not...how they can arrest people for such stupid things but this idoit is allowed to continue his path to hate..If this march happens it will only be met with violence and I for one hope this guy is dealt with but no one else is harmed..would be a positive day if this guy got his..IMO if you want to go around causing trouble and hatred then thats what you deserve...this is no different than a bunch of kkk members arming themselves for a rally against a bunch of black people in a church..absolutely disgusting does this man not have a family willing to teach him a lesson

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
I'm not a muslim but this guy is the cause for all that has happened...

Me neither, heck I'm not even RELIGIOUS, but I don't need to be, to know what feels right to do to my fellow man... and Terry Jones sure doesn't show it.
edit on 21-4-2011 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I don't think you quite get it..

Most certainly, those extremists were the most important part in killing those innocent people.

But Terry Jones cannot deny his part in it. And refusal to see that what he does may hurt or kill people makes him a jackass.

No, this is not a condemnation of him for practicing his rights. But to remain ignorant of what his actions have caused? That's just wrong. Freedom speech and freedom of expression also means freedom to not speak, freedom to not express yourself.

Could you feel good knowing that your attention whoring actions accomplished nothing to your point and then got another person killed? I couldn't. Some may call me a pansy, lefty, bleeding heart but there are sometimes when someone should not speak and the government can't tell them when that is, but society can.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It was Pastor Jones right to burn the Koran,It's called freedom of speech

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join