It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran-burning pastor plans armed rally at US mosque

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Koran-burning pastor plans armed rally at US mosque

rt.com

Fundamentalist Christian pastor Terry Jones who recently incited riots in Afghanistan following Koran-burning rumors is planning an armed rally at the largest mosque in the US.
The mosque, located in a Detroit suburb, sits in a heavy Muslim community in America. A Michigan prosecutor is now trying to block the rally, saying the call for arms and violence is too strong to allow the rally to take place.
Prosecutors argue the rally could provoke riots and cause intense violence. The Pastor has called for people to fight the Muslim threat in America, and has himself received a number of death
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I apologise if this has been previously posted, a search has yielded no results.
This is insanity. However there is a larger issue here than the pastor himself. If this protest were to turn violents and shoots were to be fired, bye-bye the secound amendment and hello gun restrictions.
You must ask yourself, what is the necessity to bring guns to a protest, other than provoke and scare those who you are aiming your racist bigotory towards.
This will only be playing into the cards of TPTB who want to restrict your ability to obtain firearms legally.

rt.com

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I swear for a long time i've been wondering what this church and pastor are really about
Sure they could be just plain crazy
But the thing is there's alot of crazy people out there, even crazier but who get less media attention

Do you think this fool would be doing this if it wasn't for the media attention?
This church likes to incite aggression and then sue, that's almost a business model for them

Their goal may very be to strip the simplest of civil liberties from the common man
They don't belong in a church preaching, they belong in an insane asylum
But this is more than their insanity, it's about what may come out of it

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If this protest comes to pass well, # man I don't want to think about it. America just keeps digging itself deeper in a hole.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
terry jones is the biggest idiot in this country giving the rest of us bad names

i swear that man is no man of god hes not even close to being one.

they guy needs to be locked up for being a public danger to ensure the public safety not only here at home but imagine the reprecussions in the rest of the world.

that man is a danger to us all.
edit on 20-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

I apologise if this has been previously posted, a search has yielded no results.
This is insanity. However there is a larger issue here than the pastor himself. If this protest were to turn violents and shoots were to be fired, bye-bye the secound amendment and hello gun restrictions.
You must ask yourself, what is the necessity to bring guns to a protest, other than provoke and scare those who you are aiming your racist bigotory towards.
This will only be playing into the cards of TPTB who want to restrict your ability to obtain firearms legally.

rt.com

There have been protests in the past involving firearms and your right wasn't taken away. What leads you to think this will be any different?

There have been sniper shootings, school shootings, presidential shootings, congressional shootings, hollywood shootings, bank robbers in full armor and fully automatic weapon shootings and yet your right to bear arms still remains in place..

Quit overreacting please

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
RT isn't a reliable source of information unless you're watching one of their interviews. (I don't mean to insult the original poster or hint he/she's not credible)

If this is absolutely true, and not sensationalized, this is really shocking. I knew that pastor had already gotten people killed overseas, but I'm surprised he wants to do more now. Surely he can't think this will result in a positive outcome...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

More from UPI/United Press International

---

Koran-burning pastor plans Mich. protest
Published: April 19, 2011 at 3:39 PM

www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/04/19/Koran-burning-pastor-plans-Mich-protest/UPI-60641303239106

DEARBORN, Mich., April 19 (UPI) -- Terry Jones, the Koran-burning Florida pastor, says Detroit-area police and prosecutors are trying to silence him by demanding a $100,000 bond.

(...)

Jones said he plans a protest against radical Islam outside the Dearborn mosque, the biggest in the country.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

It's interesting they didn't elaborate on the arms situation. Thanks for the other source!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Dated news

Gambia asks U. S. to prosecute Florida pastor for burning Koran
2011-04-14 17:55:57

news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-04/14/c_13829111.htm

BANJUL, April 14 (Xinhua) -- The Gambian government has called on the United State to prosecute as soon as possible a Florida pastor for burning a copy of the Holy Koran.

Ebrima O. Camara, the secretary general and head of the civil service on behalf of the Gambian government, on Thursday denounced the act as heinous, bigotry and provocative.

"We learnt with utter dismay, shocks and consternation of the burning of a copy of the Holy Koran by Terry Jones last month in the United States of America," the statement said.

(...)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

o.k. There is some thing Totaly WRONG ! with this SO CALLED ( PASTOR ! ) Why ! would any one want to ensight violence ! Because of some persons differing religon ? Thats there own choice ! just as this pastors religon is his choice ! QUIT YOUR ENSIGHTMENT TO RIOT ! Let People live there own lives ! There not burning your BIBLE ! as far as I know ? Just Leave well alone ! The times that we all are living in call for forgiveness to all , Not to ensight wars ! but to come together ! work together ! Forget about petty stuff ! GET REAL! We all live on this planet and no one owns it ! it is a our life planet ! our home ! and the less that people inter fear with it the better off we would be ! From what i can see , this Earth is facing far greater problems right now ! SO ! GET OFF YOUR THE ONLY RELIGION KICK ! and HELP PEOPLE!
TO EVERYONE ON EARTH ! ( and i love you all !) . Just help each other regardless of color of skin, regardless of age, regardless of ability, regardlesss of religon , regardless of politics ! JUST HELP EACH OTHER ! AND BE AS HAPPY AS YOU CAN BE ! . NICKFAN.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Ahhhh isn't it refreshing to see a good Christian doing the Christian thing and making sure all of his sermons are accompanied by MP5's?

It warms the heart.....really it does

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Seriously? If this is true that guy has crossed the line, calls for an armed protest is no different to inciting violence.

'Put up again thy sword into its place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.' - Jesus Christ (according to the gospel of matthew)
The guy is not a Christian and does not deserve the title of pastor.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
cool, more reason to get rid of religion altogether and focus on quantum physics instead since out of everything out there its the only thing that makes actual sense.

Honestly, that pastor angers me, I cant believe people still do this without regard of the consequences of their actions. Why cant people just tear down their walls and shake hands and play nice. Maybe we could get out of this hole we are in at present time.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
cool, more reason to get rid of religion altogether and focus on quantum physics instead since out of everything out there its the only thing that makes actual sense.

Honestly, that pastor angers me, I cant believe people still do this without regard of the consequences of their actions. Why cant people just tear down their walls and shake hands and play nice. Maybe we could get out of this hole we are in at present time.

I couldnt agree with THAT more! Star for you on that one.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
Dated news

Gambia asks U. S. to prosecute Florida pastor for burning Koran
2011-04-14 17:55:57

news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/world/2011-04/14/c_13829111.htm

BANJUL, April 14 (Xinhua) -- The Gambian government has called on the United State to prosecute as soon as possible a Florida pastor for burning a copy of the Holy Koran.

Ebrima O. Camara, the secretary general and head of the civil service on behalf of the Gambian government, on Thursday denounced the act as heinous, bigotry and provocative.

"We learnt with utter dismay, shocks and consternation of the burning of a copy of the Holy Koran by Terry Jones last month in the United States of America," the statement said.

(...)

That's hillarious, some guy from another country demanding his arrest over a pile of papers. Every atheist in the world should be locked up then by those standards. It's nothing but a pile of sanitary wipes in a lot of peoples hands, good for nothing but flushing.
Gun grabber scare fear mongering is not working here either, more chuckles.

This pastor is allowed to do his protest, that is what america is about. Look at all the angry lefties hittin the streets for reasons they don't even know, except they get an email saying to show up. Every communist in this country are hittin the streets daily, there's that other church group disrupting servicemens funerals...it's all allowed. To those who don't like it, I say good the shoe is on the other foot now and it is most enjoyable to see the whining fits this will bring out.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I shamefully am unschooled in the law regarding carrying firearms openly at a protest. Is it legal to do? Does it depend on the locality? Is it state ruled or federal?

If it is within his legal rights to do so then I can see nothing wrong with Terry Jones being allowed to hold an armed protest out in front of anywhere that he chooses. Walmart, Pizza Hut, The Mormon Tabernacle or a Muslim Mosque.

So if it is legal to hold an armed protest, he should be allowed to hold it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
I shamefully am unschooled in the law regarding carrying firearms openly at a protest. Is it legal to do? Does it depend on the locality? Is it state ruled or federal?

If it is within his legal rights to do so then I can see nothing wrong with Terry Jones being allowed to hold an armed protest out in front of anywhere that he chooses. Walmart, Pizza Hut, The Mormon Tabernacle or a Muslim Mosque.

So if it is legal to hold an armed protest, he should be allowed to hold it.

No worries, the OP here has started a false titled thread based on a biased sensational source.

Here is a REAL source, The Wall Street Journal,

W S J

Nowhere will you find in the real story that it is a planned armed protest.
The pastor may have to get a peace bond to cover liabillity, because lets face it...these psycho muslim extremists will be the ones shooting at him. They already threatened his life numerous times. Detroit just doesn't want him bleeding in their town.

Because of the 400 death threats he has had he and an assistant will legally carry a gun like he always does. He is not applying for a rally for people to turn out and be armed.

Although Mr. Jones said the public had nothing to fear, he is concerned about his own safety. He said he has received 400 death threats, including some from Dearborn residents. He said he and an assistant accompanying him plan to be armed.

edit on 20-4-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

Straight into the lions den, fearless.
edit on 20-4-2011 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
To those who don't like it, I say good the shoe is on the other foot now and it is most enjoyable to see the whining fits this will bring out.

Hmm. So, because I don't like it for my OWN reasons (as an example that the world sees it as representing the will of the American people) and couldn't care less about left or right politics = that it is good that he is doing this?

Frankly, I think ALL religion is unnecessary and a farce. At least with respect to how it is practiced and obsessed over. I think there is nothing wrong with man believing in his/her own divinity, but what makes this guy, or that other westboro jerk anything more than cultish practitioners in the same way that Jim Jones was....remember how all HIS flock ended up?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Shame on Terry Jones for wanting to exercise his rights as an American. Damn him for starting all of this by burning a book. Those poor Muslims had every right to kill and decapitate those UN people after that guy burned that book!
Jones should be put to death and those poor Muslim extremists should be given the Nobel Peace Prize......
END SARCASM!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join