It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skynet becomes self-aware

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
NO!
i didnt even think about this!
what also comes to my mind was the message during the chase scene
"caution 9/11"

i hope were wrong

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JayXBraun

Ooh, please do elaborate!

Which movie? Which chase scene?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
ummmm im not sure if anyone has noticed yet but on the skynet wiki page (the british military installation not the terminator one) but it says that skynet satellite 5ca was launched on april 20 20:11 gmt. and that the launch of this satellite coincides with skynets self actualisation......
Skynet Sattelites

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm not afraid, It'll be running on Window 7
And anyway, if it does become self aware, and takes a look at what's going on in the world, it would probably start lookng for the nearest vat of molten metal it could get it's creepy little claws on and some hot chick with a shot gun to push the button for it!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSteel
ummmm im not sure if anyone has noticed yet but on the skynet wiki page (the british military installation not the terminator one) but it says that skynet satellite 5ca was launched on april 20 20:11 gmt. and that the launch of this satellite coincides with skynets self actualisation......
Skynet Sattelites

Well aint that a coincidence... even the hour to the minute.
But would it be the first time that tptb show us in our face, even make us pay for it.
The best way to keep a secret is if every one think's it's a all make believe.
We just have to look at ufo's.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay

Skynet Sattelites

Well aint that a coincidence... even the hour to the minute.
But would it be the first time that tptb show us in our face, even make us pay for it.
The best way to keep a secret is if every one think's it's a all make believe.
We just have to look at ufo's.

Umh...where exactly?

5A EADS Astrium5 11 March 2007, 22:03 GMT Ariane 5-ECA Launched with Insat 4B
5B EADS Astrium 14 November 2007, 22:06 GMT Ariane 5-ECA Launched with Star One C1
5C EADS Astrium 12 June 2008, 22:05 GMT Ariane 5-ECA Launched with Turksat 3A
5D EADS Astrium Planned for 2013

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Skynet Sattelites

Stop bs-ing...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Bottom of Wikipedia under the Satellite summary-Skynet 5

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anhur
reply to post by dude69

Thank you! I see it now,
Freeky that it says, (skynet self actualizes)
There is no way thats chance... Maybe it was planed a long time ago...
5Ca

Edit:
20 April 2011, 20:11 GMT
Skynet self actualizes

edit on 20-4-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by mkkkay

why hasnt this been covered more on here then? its like all of a sudden somebody was watching one of the movies and realized holy crap the date in the movie is coming up and in the last 2 days or so i have been seeing alot more threads about it..like jumping on he band wagon kinda deal...if this was such a big event and could actually be possible dont you think that people shoulda been talking about it more alot sooner instead of just a couple of days beore it supposeably happens?
edit on 20-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

Everybody is having a laugh over a date in a movie. We are pretending to take it seriously (well, most of us are pretending) as part of the laugh. All tongue-in-cheek, elbow-in-the-ribs. Get it now?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Self Actualization in Psychology

Self actualization resides at the top of Maslow's hierarchy of needs - becoming '"fully human"...maturity or self-actualization'[14] - and is considered a part of the humanistic approach to personality. Humanistic psychology is one of several methods used in psychology for studying, understanding, and evaluating personality

en.wikipedia.org... According to Kurt Goldstein's book The Organism: A Holistic Approach to Biology Derived from Pathological Data in Man, self-actualization is "the tendency to actualize, as much as possible, [the organism's] individual capacities" in the world. The tendency toward self-actualization is "the only drive by which the life of an organism is determined."[3] Goldstein defined self-actualization as a driving life force that will ultimately lead to maximizing one's abilities and determine the path of one's life; compare will to power.www.abovetopsecret.com... me think today not good day..

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anhur
reply to post by dude69

Thank you! I see it now,
Freeky that it says, (skynet self actualizes)
There is no way thats chance... Maybe it was planed a long time ago...
5Ca

Edit:
20 April 2011, 20:11 GMT
Skynet self actualizes

I think it's a joke based on the movie. It's listed as 5Ca because there was already a 5D planned for 2013 and if you notice, it's the only one listed that has no Manufacturer or Launch vehicle named.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Personally, I think the "I, Robot" scenario is more likely.

We will program robots to "help mankind", then eventually the robots will become aware that mankind is destroying his own habitat, environment and planet at an unsustainable growth rate, and will help man in ways we probably won't like, but apparently need since we can't seem to help ourselves. I see nothing stopping global populations from spiraling to unsustainable levels without some kind of intervention.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Check this out

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1378464/Scientists-teach-computers-feel-regret-improve-performance.html%253FITO%253D1490

edit on 21-4-2011 by Bdizzl3 because: bad link

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

reply to post by gdaub23

www.goingfaster.com...
Have a look, not saying more...

The link is .com, not .gov or us.mil

Funny thread though...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
If this thread is meant as a joke...umh...where the hell is the joke??...if anything, this is probably the most looniest thread I've read on here...where the f*ck is a 5ca skynet satellite being mentioned on that wikipedia site? and how is saying that the wikipedia site sais one was launched on the 20th april funny?...are you people insane?
edit on 21-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
What the hell, I hope this topic is a joke otherwise someone has some serious issues distinguishing reality from fiction. Unfortunately this is nothing new, look at religion.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
What the hell, I hope this topic is a joke otherwise someone has some serious issues distinguishing reality from fiction. Unfortunately this is nothing new, look at religion.

Nobody here was joking. We were all dead serious. Also, what did you mean by issues distinguishing reality from fiction?

#notintendedtobeafactualstatement

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
If this thread is meant as a joke...umh...where the hell is the joke??...if anything, this is probably the most looniest thread I've read on here...where the f*ck is a 5ca skynet satellite being mentioned on that wikipedia site? and how is saying that the wikipedia site sais one was launched on the 20th april funny?...are you people insane?
edit on 21-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

This thread self-actualizes.

the joke! : D-DAY is upon us... According to the TERMINATOR CLOCK,
The joker : Yes,yes and yes...Im psyched to see what happens on the 22nd.
the explanation to the funny : it's a movie.
Umh...where exactly? Bottom of Wikipedia under the Satellite summary-Skynet 5. Says it self-actualizes.
en.wikipedia.org...(satellites) wow they took the mention out of the summary????? now thats
bizzare... maybe the terminator took it down...

I am glad you are the only one i need to explain to. a funny looses it's funny if you need to explain the joke.
maybe the link to wiki.org took the funny out for you. But it only made it more fun for a while. you can now go back to your original programing.

P.S. this tread will auto-destruct in 4,3,2,1,
edit on 21-4-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

they did they did change the summary : This page was last modified on 21 April 2011 at 00:53.
sh#t it self-actualizes...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
it aint happened yet, and it wont

Want to bet on that? Many are feverishly trying to achieve this. They envision a world where everyone is part human part machine living amongst other machines.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join