It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Michelle Bachmann Hears God

page: 2
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
first off, the Huffington Post should never be listed as a source... Nobody takes it serious .....
2nd lost of people claim to be directed by God ( usually through scripture)
It is common for religious people to claim to be directed by God, without talking to him directly.
This is Liberal mudslinging, nothing else.




posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
first off, the Huffington Post should never be listed as a source


Good point, how about Bachmann as a source?


Some people seeme confused by things like "sources" and "quotes"



posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Michelle Bachman should go back home and be a wife and mother. Sorry, just don't get her and her stupidity. She's really all not that intelligent. Does she even have a BA degree?



posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


Michelle Bachmann doesn't come across as a religious loon, I am a Christian but, I understand there are a lot of them, she is not one of them... and for the record Just because somebody is a little nutty, it doesn't make them bad people... Sometimes They just have problems with socializing with non-Christians...



posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
Did God tell Mrs. Bachmann to stop wars, or create jobs? Apparently not, at least not yet. He did tell her however, to "stop same-sex marraige".

www.huffingtonpost.com...&title=Michele_Bachmann

I dare say that Mrs. Bachmann, if she is hearing God on a regular basis, needs a hearing aid. She also declared that the 1970's swine flu broke out under a Democratic president. And here is a list of other offerings:

www.buzzfeed.com...

Is she really a serious presidential candidate?


edit on 17-4-2011 by aero56 because: more info



God still talks to people who listen. And of course, the people of the world don't understand how that is because they are not of God. So they cannot hear God, and they get all bent out of shape when they hear that someone hears God.



posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

Sometimes They just have problems with socializing with non-Christians...


Well shouldn't they be "witnessing" for the Lord?

Don't get me wrong...I'm all for a Christian theocracy in America. Burn the witches, the heretics and sinful unbelievers.
edit on 17-4-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
They have medicine for that.



posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Michelle Bachmann would be a perfect canidate to solidify the conservative Christian platform and garner votes to the canidates they feel best represent them. It's called democracy. Any group should be allowed to band together to vote for the person or persons that best represent their interest. That applies to political parties, unions, fraternities or sororities, AARP, any group of citizens; other wise you have Fascism where only the elite, powerful or rich control the populace.

Much like the system we have in place now.

I really don't think Ms Bachmann mean she actually hears God; but that she "hears" God speaking thru her faith.

However I still think that Ms Bachmann represents a group of fools.


Very wise words said well.


There are some in America who would rather get rid of certain organizations, finding them in the way of conquest. Organizations that promote the agenda of the "elite, powerful, or rich" are protected. The 1% losers in the 1980 election have been steadily gaining ground.



posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by SevenThunders
I love Bachmann. She would make a great president. Sadly there is no chance of victory. America wants nothing to do with a genuine christian in office.


What exactly is a "genuine Christian" ??


How about someone who has a Biblical worldview for a start? That would make up a paltry 9% of supposedly christian America.

Biblical Worldview

By the way Jesus taught that the normative experience of a christian is to hear God's voice and those that can not do not belong to him.

John 10:

26But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 29for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else.d No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 30The Father and I are one.”


So what you hopeless God haters and self haters and haters of your own culture do not understand is that if you claim to be a christian then you darn well better be hearing God's voice and the prompting of the Holy Spirit. So yeah Bachman is just being a genuine christian and the rest of you liberals are just being genuine pagans. Get over your hatred.



posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
So yeah Bachman is just being a genuine christian and the rest of you liberals are just being genuine pagans. Get over your hatred.


So you know for a fact that Bachmann is indeed hearing personally from your god and not that she is just another sinner, pandering to the religious right that keep putting her back in office? I am curious how you come by this knowledge.



posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by Sinnthia
 


Michelle Bachmann doesn't come across as a religious loon, I am a Christian but, I understand there are a lot of them, she is not one of them... and for the record Just because somebody is a little nutty, it doesn't make them bad people... Sometimes They just have problems with socializing with non-Christians...


Maybe not to you, but every speech and interview I have ever seen her give most certainly make her look like a loon. Just for the record, being a little nutty may not make you a bad person but it is hardly a good reason to put you in charge of anything. That is an interesting defense. It is unfortunate if she has trouble "socializing" with non-Christians as you say because it comes across as another theocrat trying to ram Jesus back down our throats instead of things like history, science, and facts. We gave that a shot again recently just to make sure we do not want that in America and it turns out, most of us really do not. Even the good god-fearing people I know that have decent heads on their shoulders want people like Bachmen to maybe learn US history, US geography, economics, law, etc. and keep her relationship with her god to herself.



posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

So you know for a fact that Bachmann is indeed hearing personally from your god and not that she is just another sinner, pandering to the religious right that keep putting her back in office? I am curious how you come by this knowledge.


I'm just pointing out what the normative Christian experience is. I can not speak for Bachman, however I can't say I've spoken with any authentic christian believer who has not claimed to have 'heard God' at least at the level of the gentle prompting of the Holy Spirit. I can certainly understand how a God hater and unbeliever would find that baffling.



posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
I'm just pointing out what the normative Christian experience is. I can not speak for Bachman, however I can't say I've spoken with any authentic christian believer who has not claimed to have 'heard God' at least at the level of the gentle prompting of the Holy Spirit. I can certainly understand how a God hater and unbeliever would find that baffling.


First of all

Secondly, can you honestly tell me that you do not see a difference between a "gently prompting of the Holy Spirit" and a direct instruction to run for a specific seat in government?




top topics



 
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join