It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens, B.C.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by ButterCookie
What inspired renaissance artists to draw some biblical figures with see-through circles around their heads, no matter what they doing or where they were at, and some regular people in the pictures without the circles?
That's more the result of the standard ways of representing things than the artists' inspiration.

Most paintings were ordered by some rich person that wanted a representation of some religion-related (usually something from the Bible) scene, and the artist would use the symbols that meant some of the things that cannot be represented, like holiness.

If you had studied art history (I didn't, by my sister did, and I learned many things just by writing her work on my computer many years ago) you would recognise those symbols, and by the difference in the symbols used you could probably tell which century the painting was made.

Well, holiness could very well have been the word used to describe 'extraterrestrial', or 'cosmic'...
because otherwise, drawing a flying vessel meant there were flying vessels.
edit on 21-4-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

What flying vessels are you talking about?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Probably on the OP the objects in the sky, not touching the ground.
The ancient Indian people called them Vimanas.

In the Old Testament the angels were described as 'flying on platforms' too.

PS with all the features on this site...name changing is not one of them....sigh.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

What flying vessels are you talking about?

In religious text?

The Lord Yhovah of the Old Testament, who became the Lord Jesus of the New Testament, is described as flying in thick clouds, swift clouds, bright clouds, dark clouds, white clouds, low clouds, great clouds, and fiery clouds. There are platforms, vessels, whirling chariots of fire, sky thrones, fiery horses, cherubims, thick darkness, great fire, whirlwinds, fiery wheels, pavilions, dark waters, storms, sky dwellings, rolls, and sanctuaries. Whether, or not, one believes these objects are actually flying vehicles that the God of the Bible lives in, appears with, travels in, and is considered the seat of his power is a matter of opinion. The fact that they do not appear without him or his ambassadors, and that, in most major appearances, he and other beings are clearly described as directly associated with these flying objects, is undeniable. There are 362 verses describing natural and manmade objects as vehicles in the Bible

and.....

The fact that the objects described in the Bible are controlled, flying craft, is borne out by the flight characteristics of those objects. In Bible text the objects associated with the Elohiym are shown to exhibit rapid, prolonged flight, they ascend and descend, and they hover for extended periods. If these objects were just ethereal images created by ethereal beings, these flight descriptions would have no relevance. The fact that the authors wrote about the flight routine of these objects is evidence that they have a distinct physical presence. There are 162 verses describing the specific flight characteristics of vehicles in the Bible

www.bibleufo.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

That's why I was not understanding it, I thought we were talking about paintings.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That's why I was not understanding it, I thought we were talking about paintings.

We are....I was referencing the comment made that these paintings of art depicting flying vessels could not have been really describing flying vessels...

and that this was just AAT's way of wanting to see what we want in the art.

Point: There are flying vessels in biblical art because there were flying vessels in biblical times.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

We are....I was referencing the comment made that these paintings of art depicting flying vessels could not have been really describing flying vessels...
I don't remember seeing that comment.

and that this was just AAT's way of wanting to see what we want in the art.
One of the problems with art is that most people think that the artist made the painting representing some thing like he wanted to, but most of the times they were working for someone else, doing some specific painting.

Who is AAT?

Point: There are flying vessels in biblical art because there were flying vessels in biblical times.
Could you provide some examples of those? Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The comment

"YAWN...another thread attempting to show ancient aliens. These are cave arts and you people most likely do not have any idea what they represent. I do not...but apparently you people who have no degrees in archaeology or ancient civilizations do...

It has been said time and time again...people wills see what they want...which is the case here."

This is at the top of the 2nd page to this thread

I understand that the artist was not drawing from their eyewitness account or their own accord...They were drawing from biblical texts other religious doctrin (The Quaran, Dead Sea Scrolls, etc)

AAT= Ancient Alien Theorists

Flying vessels in biblical art: The beginning of the thread shows several pictures and numerous links have been provided ( I'm not sure how to embed images)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

The comment

"YAWN...another thread attempting to show ancient aliens. These are cave arts and you people most likely do not have any idea what they represent. I do not...but apparently you people who have no degrees in archaeology or ancient civilizations do...

It has been said time and time again...people wills see what they want...which is the case here."
I don't see that comment as meaning that those could not have been really describing flying vessels, that's why I thought I had not seen the comment you were talking about.

AAT= Ancient Alien Theorists
OK, thanks.

I have some problems understanding the meaning of all the acronyms people use.

Flying vessels in biblical art: The beginning of the thread shows several pictures and numerous links have been provided ( I'm not sure how to embed images)
What I was asking for were examples of flying vessels in biblical times, not examples of flying vessels in biblical art.

PS: to embed images, go to your Media Portal page and upload the image. When the upload has finished click on the thumbnail of the image you uploaded and paste the link below the image that is presented as "Embed on ATS" (the one that starts with [‍atsimg] in your post.
edit on 22/4/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I don't want to think that you are trying purposely to create unneccessary confusion......

Here it is:

The thread is discussing Aliens in biblical times, thus the title (Aliens, B.C.)

The OP stated evidences in art and documents about aliens having visited Earth during this time period.

The OP also provided images of UFO's for example in biblical art, as well as other posters agreeing and providing other links.

One particular poster stated that "People will see what they want in Art, wanting to believe in the Ancient Alien theory" (or something to that affect).

I responded with biblical texts backing up the fact that they were indeed describing flying vehicles, which matched the artwork in question.

Then you began replying, without having read the comment that I was referring to, and begin to challenge my comments. ( No problem with the challenge, but it could create unneccessary confusion, and unneccessary explaination)

Any additional questions

edit on 22-4-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Then you began replying, without having read the comment that I was referring to, and begin to challenge my comments.
I read that comment (I read all posts in this thread), I just didn't thought you were talking about it because I think it doesn't say what you said it did.

I see we have a communication problem here (it happens frequently, my sentences sometimes do not even make sense to me), so I guess it's better to stop for a while.

I will probably return to this discussion in a day or two.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Legend, here is a recent video of Dr. Jacques Vallee, he talks about the ancient sightings.

edit on 4/22/2011 by coolottie because: had to correct myself

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by coolottie

My Mistake, I was think Zacriaha Stitchen, [I probably murdered his name].. Thats what happens when you get old, eat nothing but vegtables and it won't happen to you, Sorry about that.

I'm sorry too because I have to tell you that Sitchin couldn't read cuneiform either.

And, like EVD, he never claimed he could.

Harte

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Oh, I know he couldn't, but didn't von Deniken [Sp?]. Some of what he wrote, is mentioned in the Translated text, but not with the same meaning. You are probably right, but I didn't think the Sumerian text was translated when he wrote Chariot of the Gods. Which translation do you recommend, there are more than one, I want to make sure I read it, if not I will. Thanks

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by Harte

Oh, I know he couldn't, but didn't von Deniken [Sp?]. Some of what he wrote, is mentioned in the Translated text, but not with the same meaning. You are probably right, but I didn't think the Sumerian text was translated when he wrote Chariot of the Gods. Which translation do you recommend, there are more than one, I want to make sure I read it, if not I will. Thanks

I would always recommend the free ones.

Try the Ancient Near East section at Sacred-texts.com

Harte

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
How can we forget these oldies but goodies

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21627141f426.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e3c4525c7b3.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 17-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Why would reptilian aliens have breasts, and apparently (from the first photo) nurse young?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
I love this topic. Here is the painting titled "The Baptism of Christ" painted in 1710 by Aert De Gelder. There is little doubt to me that this is anything other than what it seems. To have painted this IMO the artist must have seen something very much like it.It is not BC but adds to the evidence that ufo s have been here for a long time.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe81207cf54c.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks. That's a new one for me. Very stunning. Reminds me of the words in an old Neil Young song:

There's still a light that's shining,
From a lamp on down the hall,
Maybe the star of Bethlehem,
Wasn't a star at all?

Star of Bethlehem

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

My guess, they’re not like the reptiles we know here on earth, they just have the same features as them; they are what you might know as humanoids.
Though this is just my thought. i have never seen one.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Equidae

How can you be so cruel as to deny cute little reptoid babies their mama's milk?

Harte

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well I imagine their little sharp reptile teeth would not mix well with nursing

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join