It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens, B.C.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

I know I jumped the gun, but it will come soon enough. Disclosure of just some of the FBI vault is making some flip out on here. I want to see what is under the Sphinx. They were to have suppose to have found a modern aircraft and it was taken to the UK. The entire area around the Pyramids is off limits to everyone right now. I guess they built that big wall around it just in time. And Dr. Hawass is in Prison.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The airplanes 'eyes' and 'mouth' were no where as detailed as the actual legitimate fish sculpture in the link above. Also, why would they make such an obvious flying fish sculpture but then make ones that are so ambiguous? That doesn't make sense.
Btw when these artifacts were first discovered (before planes were invented) they were put in a museum for 100 years as a type of "insect". Here's a fun/ny lil vid www.youtube.com...

I'm not looking at questioning your experience with image comparing, but will point out in all the experiments (the linked one, the Myth Busters) they stressed it was merely a blown up replica of the smaller versions. Take your conflicting eye measurements up with them!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
How can we know that it's not the opposite, that modern people call them extraterrestrials because they think that the ones who called them "angels" and "demons" were too primitive?

How can we know which (if any) of those two possibilities is the real one?

I didn't think most people chose to call them Aliens because they thought angels/demons would be too primitive. But in either case, Angel, Demons, Aliens, all are born not of this Earth (I don't know of anyone that birthed a demon or anything) if they do exist. Therefore won't they all be 'extraterrestrials'?

What I meant in my first comment/post regarding this btw was that perhaps 'angels' were synonymous with 'good aliens' and demons were 'bad aliens' and that's how our ancestors meant the use of the words (or their equivalents of).... But over time we changed them into something magical. Especially when King James warped the original Bible and people wanted more mysticism with less frightening, technological details that were in the Old Testament (e.g. Jesus and the 'Angels' flew on platforms).

@the angel description, well the Native Americans 'star people' visitors were pale skinned with colored eyes/hair. This goes against the norm considering they, supposedly, never seen a white man until long after. Also, the Sumerians and Hopi had the same white star brother named "Pahana" and other shared "gods". www.abovetopsecret.com... All of it is far too coincidental.

Btw, here's an unrelated link I want to add to the topic. www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
That carving on the left looks similar to the exaggerative features of a modern Grey.

PS ArMap do you have the power to change my name to "The Legend" ?
edit on 19-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
I'm not looking at questioning your experience with image comparing, but will point out in all the experiments (the linked one, the Myth Busters) they stressed it was merely a blown up replica of the smaller versions. Take your conflicting eye measurements up with them!
www.youtube.com...

Well, on that History Channel video you can see that they show one of the gold objects in a way that looks like it is being measured to make a scale model from it.

And when they show the models we can see that they made two scale model from the other gold object, not the one they show on the video in a way to make us think that it was the original used to make the models.

Also, when comparing the flying model with the original gold object we can see that the space between the rear wings and the main wings is not the same and the overall proportions are not the same.

I hate these TV shows because they are just that, TV shows. They present things in the way that is more likely to get them more spectators, truth is not needed.

PS: No, it's not possible to change our screen-names.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
One idea that hit me recently, I'm not saying it's true, but it is a possibility, is that maybe the aliens picked up our signals sent into space, or they found us by other means, and they somehow travelled back in time to establish bases and/or contact in our primitive ers? Maybe they flip from the past into today? Just an idea.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

You actually have no factual idea what is being represented in those paintings. Since you couldn't actually speak with the artists themselves to get their story about what they were painting then I guess we'll just have to chalk these up as being totally subjective, or in other words, open to one's own interpretations.

Ah, the beauty of art.

Fact is nobody knows what the artists were expressing. So we shouldn't jump to such conclusions that these are flying saucers or aliens just because that's what we want them to be...

Of course you're free to believe what ever you want...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

edit:

nevemind
edit on 20-4-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The Egyptian carving at Abydos, were discovered from a live Teleivsion show of the tomb being opened. People recorded it and on the payback someone saw it. The tomb had been sealed up for thousands of years. This was not caused by erosion because all of the other hieroglyphs around it are in perfect condition. Those stone carvers would have never carved a stone, then gone over it with all the stone aviable.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Egyptologists.1 But there is one more thing: Fadel Gad just happens to be a co-executive producer of "Opening the Lost Tombs.” This is not mentioned in this news report. Here is a real blurring of the line between news and entertainment, with producers being portrayed as unbiased experts on news stories to drum up interest in their future entertainment programs.

www.csicop.org...

edit on 4/20/2011 by coolottie because: forgot links

edit on 4/20/2011 by coolottie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Except Abydos isn't the only instance of this occurring. All over Egypt we have hieroglyphs that have been carved over. And we also have many instances where the new carvings have worn away and parts of the older carvings become visible.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Well, they have also done a great job of covering up the Television Show, in which it was noticed. I saw the show but didn't notice it. Now there is not even a video or anything about the show on google. I saw the original clip on youtube of the show a few years ago showing the discovery. You don't even have to look at the truth, because it have been completely covered up, I am still looking to try and find a clip of the show.

It is hard to even find, a picture of what it actually looked like over the door that was up right and not fallen.
There is a pic, on my last post. Even the old threads on ATS are gone. Well, If anyone can find a video of the show it was one with Geroldo Rivera, he was kidded on the show for not finding anything in the Mob Safe, but that he at least found a body in the tomb. They got right on covering the truth anyway they can and did a great job.

“live-on-TV” discovery of an intact mummy, the exploration of an unused tomb, and the first-ever public viewing of the tomb of Osiris, the content is entirely lopsided in favor of the "heretics.” The “reality” aspect of the show is also suspect; much of it seemed staged. It was apparent that Hawass had explored many of these sites before, identifying art and translating inscriptions, in preparation for the show (and then, perhaps, “setting them up” by covering them with sand). Moreover, many archaeologists, whose comments can be read in the ANE Digest archives, note that Hawass was providing a very bad example of how to conduct a dig. Some even said they would use the video to instruct students on what not to do.2

you put it in google "Opening the lost tomb" abydos and get nothing. That is how good the truth was covered up.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Here is more I found, it was tombs not tomb.

This is a huge link all about the TV show towers-online.co.uk...

On the 2nd of March 1999, the FOX Television Network broadcast a programme entitled 'Opening The Lost Tombs: Live From Egypt.' The closing section of the programme dealt with the 'Tomb of Osiris', the location described in these pages. Here was an opportunity for the man in charge of the excavations to end the speculation about what lies beneath Khafre's causeway.

There use to be clips from the show on Youtube, now you can't find a video over 2 years old.
Hitler: "You tell people a lie long enough, they will believe it. " That sure works in the USA

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

This is bizarre. I wish I saw that documentary.

This raises the situation whereby according to Dr Hawass, the third (deepest) level was constructed hundreds of years before the second (intermediate) level. This is even more curious when you consider that one has to cross the second level chamber to reach the shaft to the third level, the shaft being cut into the floor of what might have been another sidechamber.

Here's a photo of what it looks like towers-online.co.uk...
The 3rd level is hundreds of years older than the second. Then how the heck did they get to the third or even know it was there? The third also looks incredibly well crafted (especially allowing water around it like a moat). That's unusual. I wonder how much more lies under the sands of Egypt, waiting to be found.

@Photoneffect of course art is subjective. But art is also inspired and a man 10,000 years ago literally did not possess the brain power (studies showed that a person just 3k yrs ago was closer to a Neanderthal than to a modern human) to go so far as to conjure up flying disks alongside beings that people in the present report seeing. They just simply weren't imaginative or intelligent enough (that's why nearly all ancient cave depictions are of animals/stick figures). They had to have witnessed these events firsthand in order to record it like they did..

edit on 20-4-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

This link has sightings cover 600 years.

1400 AD

The entire population of the village of Angkor Wat mysteriously vanished. Large airships were seen in the area.

Here is the link,

www.aliens-everything-you-want-to-know.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
I really love the classic Egyptian depiction......very clearly that they are airplane, helicopter, submarine,.......sh1t I like to see it being debunked.
There are three possibilities:
1) It's a HOAX.

2) It's an imaginative drawing of the ancient Egyptian.
-not very likely-
3) It....it....it CAN'T BE RIGHT.
ROFL

Apparently, you wouldn't really care to see it debunked or you already would have.

Use the search function. Look for my posts on it. Try the search term "Nebty name."

Also, in the OP the pic labeled "plate from Nepal" (I think) is a fraud bought and paid for by Erik VonDaniken.

He paid someone to make it and tried to pawn it off as evidence. His fraud was discovered by the BBC Horizons program when they found the potter that made it for him.

Harte

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

His legal trouble had nothing to do with his work, His book Chariot of the Gods, made him a whole lot of enemies in he Chruch. They would have hung him if they could. He is one of the every few people on the earth today that can read Sumerian text, with out even writing it down. People that take bold steps in this world are quick to get knocked down. Your comments were great and you really are on the high side of the intellect.

In the 1960s, while working in hotels and restaurants across Switzerland, von Däniken was convicted of fraud, serving a prison sentence for defrauding his boss at one hotel. In 1967, soon after Chariots of the Gods? was published he was arrested and charged by Interpol with fraud and tax evasion for non-payment of GB£7,000.[5] During the investigation, authorities uncovered a large personal debt totaling about GB£350,000. Däniken was found guilty of embezzlement, and served more than three years in Swiss prisons. While in prison, he continued writing, and "Return to the Stars" was subsequently published

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by Harte

His legal trouble had nothing to do with his work, His book Chariot of the Gods, made him a whole lot of enemies in he Chruch. They would have hung him if they could. He is one of the every few people on the earth today that can read Sumerian text, with out even writing it down. People that take bold steps in this world are quick to get knocked down. Your comments were great and you really are on the high side of the intellect.

In the 1960s, while working in hotels and restaurants across Switzerland, von Däniken was convicted of fraud, serving a prison sentence for defrauding his boss at one hotel. In 1967, soon after Chariots of the Gods? was published he was arrested and charged by Interpol with fraud and tax evasion for non-payment of GB£7,000.[5] During the investigation, authorities uncovered a large personal debt totaling about GB£350,000. Däniken was found guilty of embezzlement, and served more than three years in Swiss prisons. While in prison, he continued writing, and "Return to the Stars" was subsequently published

I'm aware that EVD's jail time had nothing to do with his writing. But, as your quote shows, it did have to do with his "work."

He defrauded his employer.

The plate was a later fraud he perpetrated after he started conning ignorant people out of their cash with his ancient aliens theories. It wasn't illegal.

There's no evidence at all that EVD can read cuneiform. He's never made that claim. I'm sure that, if you ask him, he'd tell you he couldn't.

Harte
edit on 4/21/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

My Mistake, I was think Zacriaha Stitchen, [I probably murdered his name].. Thats what happens when you get old, eat nothing but vegtables and it won't happen to you, Sorry about that.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazee

edit on 21-4-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
YAWN...another thread attempting to show ancient aliens. These are cave arts and you people most likely do not have any idea what they represent. I do not...but apparently you people who have no degrees in archaeology or ancient civilizations do...

It has been said time and time again...people wills see what they want...which is the case here.

Why would paintings of regular people be drawn like that....and from different parts of the world?

What inspired renaissance artists to draw some biblical figures with see-through circles around their heads, no matter what they doing or where they were at, and some regular people in the pictures without the circles?

timotheosprologizes.blogspot.com...
as one example

When it was said that these beings ascended from the heavens ( in religious texts), explain to me what they could have possibly meant by that???

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
What inspired renaissance artists to draw some biblical figures with see-through circles around their heads, no matter what they doing or where they were at, and some regular people in the pictures without the circles?
That's more the result of the standard ways of representing things than the artists' inspiration.

Most paintings were ordered by some rich person that wanted a representation of some religion-related (usually something from the Bible) scene, and the artist would use the symbols that meant some of the things that cannot be represented, like holiness.

If you had studied art history (I didn't, by my sister did, and I learned many things just by writing her work on my computer many years ago) you would recognise those symbols, and by the difference in the symbols used you could probably tell which century the painting was made.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join