It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside info on comet Elenin (yes, you're being lied to)

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle
reply to post by Feltrick

If the orbit is increasing, will it not eventually break away from earth, or else crash into it, as the orbit deepens?

I've read it both ways. Overwhelming opinion is that it will eventually stabilize. This stabilization will occur in a few million years and we will be long gone by then.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Okay, off topic, but not really, it's still about elenin. Do you guys not find the orbit, at least, somewhat compelling?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Agreed. Again, I never stated in any post I've ever posted on this site that the moon moving away from the Earth was anything for us or even our children's children to worry about. I just wanted to ensure that everyone had the correct information about the moon.

There seems to be a lot of bogus info floating around here lately, mostly about 3600 year old comets/Nibirus/Brown Dwarf stars/etc. that I felt I needed to do a correction. Again, you were a little "snippy" in your reply and I'm trying not to be snippy in return. Just getting the facts straight.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Yes this is correct I seen it just the other day on tv with Proffesor Brian Cox

Now we know the moon is moving away and we will all die if it does thank you for this news oh wait over billions of years he said

but like was asked if this comet or another impacts the moon id say we were all well you no ARMAGEDDON
AND they please remember also that the comets astroids would hit the moon with little resistance as the lunar escape velocity is 2.4 kilometers per second

so being worried about the moon is a legit concern however please note that we could hypothetically launch or create our own moon from scratch as it is just like any satalite in our orbit. This is however very hard to do but can be achevied if we alter our moons current movment or by bringing in other external bodies and capturing them into our own atmosphere.

strange moon facts link
news.nationalgeographic.com...

some even suggest our moon is alien to our planet and acts like no other we have ever observed this has lead to some saying that it is a space ship I LOVE THIS IDEA AND WOULD LOVE IT IF IT WERE TRUE but it is most probably not according to MSS and NASA but hey ho none of us nutter believe what they have to say anyway

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

Agreed. Again, I never stated in any post I've ever posted on this site that the moon moving away from the Earth was anything for us or even our children's children to worry about. I just wanted to ensure that everyone had the correct information about the moon.

There seems to be a lot of bogus info floating around here lately, mostly about 3600 year old comets/Nibirus/Brown Dwarf stars/etc. that I felt I needed to do a correction. Again, you were a little "snippy" in your reply and I'm trying not to be snippy in return. Just getting the facts straight.

snippy in my reply to u? or snippy in my reply to the woman who was being utterly rude and condescending?

i hear what ur saying, we all have diff levels of knowledge and we all read different things so its innevetable that peoples info will vary, especially when u have to decipher what truth and whats nonsense.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yea I mean it's extremely choppy on JPL but maybe that's just the program. In defense there are a lot of comets that don't have that junky jagged orbit. It makes such a sharp turn back around the sun, which looking into a lot of comets and asteroids, not many do that either. Not to mention it's orbit is really close on the eliptic. There are a lot of things pointing to the possibilty of it's orbit being disturbed from now until it's closest to us. So I have to disagree with saying it will most likely stabilize. Sure there's a chance, but in my opinion it probably already has a stabilized orbit...I doubt this being the first time EVER that it has encountered earth, just our first time...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

Originally posted by snc24
Just a question!

If Earth or any other planet on our solar system disappear could it mean something for the whole Solar System?

Thanks!
SNC

well yes...i mean if something where to happen to the moon then it was cause havok here on earth, we would all be drowned as there would be no tide, our magnetic field would be shattered, but if something happened to the outer planets that dont really influence us then im not sure...i mean the planets are where they are because of the sun and the other planets magnetic pulls thats why we are on our orbits, if any of them were taken away then our obits would change and our planet would move closer to the sun as the other planets magnetism wouldnt be as strong as the suns...so in general then yes it was cause choas in our inner solar system

I hate to tell you this deary but the moon is right at this very moment moving away from our planet. Its gravitational pull and our gravitational pull is not strong enough to even keep it within our orbit. It has influence on our tides but it does not keep the water in the ocean. We will still have tides, just smaller tides. Our magnetic field has nothing at all to do with the moon and everything to do with our iron core. But to anwer the question that you answered very badly. Yes if our planet was taken out of the equation all of the other planets in the solar system would shift in their positions. All the planets and the sun do an amazing dance with each other in the sky. The gravitational pull from each of these heavenly bodies has an effect on every other one.

oh im sorry DEARY i didnt realise we had an expert in our midst....the moon isnt moving away from our planet, for the moon to move away would mean that there was something larger nearby pulling on it, and last i checked there wasnt a huge mass in our inner solar system, tyche which is "possibly" on the outskirts hasnt pulled any of the other planets out of orbit.

secondly the moon is why we have tides, without the moon then the water is displaced causing flooding.

yes our magnetic field is geodynamo /the fluid core of the Earth, its electrical condctivity and its motions,

if a planet was to be taken out of our solar system then the surrounding planets orbits would change, so basically u just repeated what i said....and what i said badly acording to you and yes earth would indeed move closer to the sun as it wouldnt have the gravitational pull of planets behind it to keep it on its usual orbit thus the gravitional pull of the sun would be stronger....

next time u try to correct someone do your homework,,,,and try not to be so condescending DEARY

Not taking any sides here, nor am I intending any disrespect but I think last I heard that yes the moon IS slowly moving further away from Earth, so you might either want to edit your post or offer up some proof of your claims because I sense a huge embarrassment coming
Oh and the reason I chose not to include any source references? Its Friday, I am off work and tired, and besides google it....its ALL over. [/quot

yes EXTREMELY slowly , so slow in fact that in millions and millions of years it will probably have moved a mile....oh no?!!?
lol

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

I have no idea what is or why it was placed in the Video.
i was simply showing the screen shot of what Atlantican saw in the vid.

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
I have a question, pertaining to comet elenin. Outside of it's alarming trajectory, will comet elenin produce any large C.M.E. events like comet McNaught did?

I found a video on youtube of the solar activity as monitored from 1998 through 1999 which shows some very interesting objects, along with what a very active sun looks like. This video reminded me of the comet McNaught video (which I can't find interestingly) that caused the sun to lash out at the comet with several substantially large C.M.E.'s...

Originally posted by Atlantican
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

At 2:21 there is a negative image of a rather familiar shape in the upper right!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

holy cow

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Discovery had a documentary about this very topic. It was called If We Had No Moon. It's available for purchase from Discovery Channel but as with most everything else, a torrent search should turn up something.

If memory serves, it covered the formation and recession of the moon along with ideas on how to retain it in our orbit and the implications of losing it. (sorry it's been a bit since I saw the doc... may have to check it out again this weekend now)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
And the thing is skeptics are as bad as the crazies because both will sit and argue over their point is right. In ALL actuality, Elenin has NOT passed in our time so arguably nobody knows exactly. Is it a brown dwarf, I don't know for sure and I guarantee nobody on this web site knows for 100% because NOBODY including NASA has ever experienced the passing of this particular comet. It's orbit if you look on JPL is nowhere near your everyday comet that passes by the earth. I listen to facts and facts are something odd is happening all over the world. If it's Elenin causing it we'll definitely be aware of it in October. If not the amount of previously undocumented phenomena and anomalies occuring world wide in fact solar system wide, is enough to make me look a little deeper and definitely not write off the fact that it could be the time for our earth to have it's major change as it's proven to have done time and time over.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is getting pretty hilarious and this "amazing" thread is completely off topic now...which isn't such a tragedy.

28 pages of posts, 204 flags...Is there any real info about the comet striking Earth, the space station or the moon. Crap, I brought the moon back up!

Anyway, does anyone offer any concrete proof that the government is trying to hide an extinction level event coming in the next 12 months? I haven't seen anything. I've seen posts about earthquakes happening in areas subject to earthquakes. I've seen threads about hurricanes happening in areas that have had hurricanes before. Chemtrails that only hide Dwarf Stars but not other stars.

But all of these posts have one thing in common....there ain't no proof. Just a lot of well thought out conjecture.

There, back on topic. Have a great night!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by discordantone

Discovery had a documentary about this very topic. It was called If We Had No Moon. It's available for purchase from Discovery Channel but as with most everything else, a torrent search should turn up something.

If memory serves, it covered the formation and recession of the moon along with ideas on how to retain it in our orbit and the implications of losing it. (sorry it's been a bit since I saw the doc... may have to check it out again this weekend now)

thanks for the heads up, sounds interesting i will have a look, in fact if its dicovery channel im sure it will be on youtube lol

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

NASA MOTTO explains why we have so many whistle blowers at NASA

Never
A
Secret
Always

Please
Alert
Citizens
Everywere

Please
Relase
Our
Guide
Round
All
Mankind

oh shiza ive cracked the code the comet is on a collision course with nibiru and this will cause our heads to spin to the 5D world whilst the NWO party with there alien ancestors here on fire ball earth with all the sheep, and the conspiracy is cracked whala

edit on 15-4-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

LOLOL! omgz! run for da hillzzzz!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jb1958
Its been mentioned that if this comet comes within 50K miles, all that would happen is we would get dust from its tail. But remember Shoemaker-Levy? By coming close to Jupiter it was pulled in and was broken up. The multiple fragments all followed in one after the other, and scientists calculated each fragment hit causing a fireball larger than the earth and sending an impact plume that rose to the top layer of clouds on Jupiter. A comet coming this close to earth, would earths gravity pull it in? Could this be a comet that will break-up into fragments, and cause a similar devastation of earth?

there does not have to be an impact physically. it will depend on the electrical charges of the various bodies concerned. a good read about this is to be found in jim mccanney's books and he does have a website. just how close elinen has to come for an electrical discharge to our planet maybe jmc can explain. he speaks of the solar system being a giant capacitor.
also coming to mind are 2 prophecies.

the hopi tell that the sea will turn black and i'm sure we've had that. they also say the last thing that man will do is to build a house in space.

and mother shipton writes that a comet will circle around the earth and burn it for 6 days, veer off and return shortly to burn it again. underground shelters anyone?

link   
Even ignoring the stupidity of taking "but i have a nasa source. " seriously.

The ISS is only 350 km from earth ...

If this happens this close to Earth our last concern is the #ing ISS .. the thing would be coming RIGHT AT US.

*#&# people ... think.
edit on 15-4-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

link   
i don't get how people are posting coordinates and stuff like that from the nasa website, if elenin represents any kind of danger they will hide that info from you so unless you have your own super telescope and you follow elenin don't post your fake info, it's the same thing when someone who claims they know elenin will hit, we don't know who is right, so stop raging over people who believe elenin will hit.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick
This is getting pretty hilarious and this "amazing" thread is completely off topic now...which isn't such a tragedy.

28 pages of posts, 204 flags...Is there any real info about the comet striking Earth, the space station or the moon. Crap, I brought the moon back up!

Anyway, does anyone offer any concrete proof that the government is trying to hide an extinction level event coming in the next 12 months? I haven't seen anything. I've seen posts about earthquakes happening in areas subject to earthquakes. I've seen threads about hurricanes happening in areas that have had hurricanes before. Chemtrails that only hide Dwarf Stars but not other stars.

But all of these posts have one thing in common....there ain't no proof. Just a lot of well thought out conjecture.

There, back on topic. Have a great night!

can you think of any concievable reason why the goverment would just come out and tell us about an ELE? its counter productive at best, people would literally murder government officials, chaos, riots, looting etc....

its most definately NOT in their best intrests to do so....but on the same coin i have no proof that there IS an ELE...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

How long has mankind debated and mulled over such ideas with less info than in this post and still been right?

the truth isnt always backed with facts if a tree falls and no one is around does it still make a noise?

WHY DOES A PROTON REACT WHEN IT IS OBSERVED DIFFERENT TO ONE THAT IS NOT?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join