It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Elenin?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000

This comet is like a speck of dust in space-scale. People need to understand this.

Exactly, We could be killed by many other things such as a Quazar, Rogue black hole, Random Coronal Ejection facing earth, Torsion issues, Ect. we do worry about this alot and realy with nibiru all i know of it is that its cthulu's lair and if anything ill be laughing if a giant davy jones starts pulling a godzilla on our azzes.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, the reason i am gonna look up stuff on elenin now is because chinese scientists claim there could be something following it, and the chinese are obviously smarter, considering the fact that they are dominating the world now..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

just because it looks like something is behind it dosent exactly mean something is "Folowing it". It could be as simple as a piece of magnatized metal attached on the back of it making an obstruction that there seeing.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

Exactly, We could be killed by many other things such as a Quazar, Rogue black hole, Random Coronal Ejection facing earth, Torsion issues, Ect. we do worry about this alot and realy with nibiru all i know of it is that its cthulu's lair and if anything ill be laughing if a giant davy jones starts pulling a godzilla on our azzes.

That's pretty funny to suggest that Nibiru is cthuli's lair.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

Are you suggesting that the country with the most money and people is smarter? That's an odd claim.

Can you tell us which Chinese scientists are claiming that there is anything close to Elenin? Last time I heard this sort of thing a bunch of weenies killed themselves after putting up nice websites. You're not a web developer are you?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The Nibiru crowd came to the realization that their claim was a wash out a long while back. So now they are grasping at straws suggesting it is this or that, even a small comet.

There has been so little regard for reason and logic and evidence to this point that staking a claim on a small comet is as reasonable as any of the other nonsense claims that have been posted.

To summary my answer to why Elenin, it's no more ridiculous than anything else that has been suggested.

I always see you debunking but never showing support to any conspiracy.. are there any conspiracies that you believe in?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

reply to post by swoop1234

Really? You checked and saw how pathetic the alignments were? You really did that? If you did you would not be waiting for September. You'd know that the alignments claims are baloney.

With the way you're talking it's as if you're just looking for an argument. Is this you here on south park? www.youtube.com...

anyways I did check out those "pathetic allignments". Who are you to question what I do in my spare time and if I legitimately did what I said I did?

You seem to be kind of ignorant. You claim that the mayan's did not have a prophecy for 2012. They definitely did. They had thousands of prophecies that their culture had coincide with different dates on their calender. Saying that the mayans did not have these prophecies is basically the same as saying that the book of revelations in the bible does not exist and that christians and catholics don't believe that.

And before you get started saying something to debunk the whole 2012. And before you get started on me for even mentioning that the mayan's believed something for 2012 let me just state that I have not said anything about my own opinion on what will happen in 2012.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You seem to be kind of ignorant. You claim that the mayan's did not have a prophecy for 2012. They definitely did. They had thousands of prophecies that their culture had coincide with different dates on their calender. Saying that the mayans did not have these prophecies is basically the same as saying that the book of revelations in the bible does not exist and that christians and catholics don't believe that.

I'm ignorant? You are quite ignorant of the Mayans sir. Please learn to read.

As I stated before, there are NO prophecies associated with the end of the Long Count calendar. You do understand what that means, do you?
1. I am not saying the Mayan made no predictions. Only an ignorant person would draw that conclusion from what I wrote.
2. The 2012 date comes the application of the GMT correlation to the Mayan Long Count calendar. Only an ignorant person would think 2012 was due to other Mayan calendars.

There are no Mayan prophecies associated with the end of the Long Count calendar. End of story.

And before you get started on me for even mentioning that the mayan's believed something for 2012 let me just state that I have not said anything about my own opinion on what will happen in 2012.

No, but I would point out that you misread my statement or purposely lied about it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

I always see you debunking but never showing support to any conspiracy.. are there any conspiracies that you believe in?

There are conspiracies, but the hoax of 2012 is not one of them.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Okay let's see your proof that there are no prophecies for the long count calendar please and thank you.
You just love trying to prove someone wrong. I'm not going to google around for my proof. I bet you would rather spend your time googling pointless prophecies. I know I find that boring lmao. End of story lmao. Tool. lol

Please allow me to point out some flaws in your post first.
1. Please learn the difference between evidence and proof. Few people prove anything here. They provide evidence.
2. It is not up to me to sow evidence against this claim. It is up to you to show even one of these prophecies. Since you claim there are so many prophecies, then finding even one should be easy. It is obvious you are unable to provide even one.
3. You state that you won't support your claim.That is just because you know that you fibbed about the prophecies. Everyone already knew that.

Here is the clear evidence that you are wrong.
en.wikipedia.org...

"There is nothing in the Maya or Aztec or ancient Mesoamerican prophecy to suggest that they prophesied a sudden or major change of any sort in 2012," says Mayanist scholar Mark Van Stone. "The notion of a "Great Cycle" coming to an end is completely a modern invention."

What is interesting is how easily a number of modern prophecies created by the likes of Calleman and Arguelles have been thought to have had an ancient origin. These prophecies are nothing more than New Age modern constructions.

One of the other calendar systems in use by the Mayans does make prophecies. That calendar does end on the same day as the end of the long count. This shorter calendar makes a prediction of a poor corn and squash crop. Although not Earth shattering if such a prediction were to come true could mean that prices of many food products might see at least modest increases since corn syrup has found its way into many foods.

edit on 18-5-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It's interesting to note that the Japan quake happened during one of Elenin's "alignments" with Earth:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

These alignments are a sham, a hoax. Check this out yourself. Any 3 points regardless of where you place them can be made to appear in a line by simply changing the viewpoint. That is what is happening here. The supposed alignments are baloney.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

As I stated before, there are NO prophecies associated with the end of the Long Count calendar.

That isn't entirely accurate:

2012 and The Return of The Nine
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by tonyinawareness
started on 6/20/2011 @ 02:19 AM

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Actually, it is correct and Philip Coppens is misrepresenting the situation. There are NO prophecies and just because people make one up now has no bearing on the Mayans.

The investiture of Bolon Yokte’ K’uh
This is not a prophecy. It is a transition in the gods and does not have a worldly counterpart.

When someone like Coppens tries to mix the inscriptions of the Maya with Egyptian mythology and the Hopi prophecy he is sorely mistaken.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
A simple question, what makes Elenin so special that it has been labeled Nibiru/Planet X? Every indication we have suggests that it is a small long-period comet that isn't significant in any way. I've seen the claim that the MSM is downplaying Elenin's existence, but what about all of the other comets discovered in 2010. Not only have I have heard no news reports on any of these other comets, but I also haven't heard any mention of them on ATS, which using the logic I've seen on here means they must be really destructive since absolutely no one is talking about them. So, please explain to me why Elenin is so important and all of these other comets are insignificant.

2010 Comets

Well you know NASA could be a 24 space news outlet, but they would rather show vid feed of mission control for hours on end. I personally find watching grass growing more entertaining informative comparatively speaking. So here is a suggestion for the supposed brainiacs at NASA. If they turned their channel into a 24 space news channel and provided high quality production stories which could be anything from space science discoveries to aerospace tach developments the MSM would pick up these pre packaged stories. Because all they would have to do is run the unedited syndicated segments on the cheap. Besides a short interdiction they wouldn't be out of pocket for anything much making it worth their while to at least run the segments as filler, just like running C-SPAN footage of congressmen blathering on the Capital floor with some cometary about bla bla bill this or that and what they say it would or wouldn't do Yakety yak. The morning news channel programs are filled with that junk simply due to the fact it's cheap filler despite its news unworthiness. So why can't NASA offer up some prepackaged deals for the MSM in order to help jump start at least a few would be national space news stories? Because they like taping lawn growth that's why. Tree House Detectives is pretty good though. That production is right up with PBS material. It's a kid show, but its the best the NASA channel has at this point in time.

These people are suppose to be smart and they have the worst channel out there. What an embarrassment. So NASA only has themselves to blame why their area of news gets no MSM coverage. You thing they could grasp at least great PR promotion through use of their channel would translate into more Federal dollars being funneled into their budget. maybe start a super pack created and managed by off duty NASA employees. Hire some lobbyists etc etc etc. All would lead to great things and would help space news to lead the NEWS once in awhile.

That's my cometary for this evening, and good night.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Hey this all originated from a moonbat> www.zetatalk.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join