It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survival -- plan and prepare? or LOOT and BOOT?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

If they talked about the looting then the Japanese would lose face as a country. Nothing is more important to the Japanese than saving face. It's very clever actually. I'm sure though it's not as bad as it would be in other countries but just because it's no being reported doesn't mean it's not happening.

Whatever your name was Um I don't have a deagle. People that know about firearms don't buy ridiculous guns like that. And the kid wouldn't have to shoot me. My wife carries a M1911 Colt .45. She'd blow me away if she caught me looking at the lady you described.(she's a fiesty Italian) I am obviously well aware that one day I will pass on.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

If modern society does really fail. Would you wanna recreate it? It could happen but I personally doubt it. But If it did we would live a frontier type life style us and our extended family. " It's already set up and not because of a worry of the STHF " And we would just want to be left alone on our land. I'm sure we would trade and sell food we grew trapped or hunted and one should always try to help other people. But very carefully. That's all

Things like Meds & Antibiotics. Tree's and plants provide all the medicine you could ever need If you know where to look. Anything that you could possibly need The Lord provides for you naturally. Now what really can't be prepared for is the effect on our environment such an event might have. On that you guesses are as good as mine.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Like gun slingers in the old west.
it will be who shoots first.
you get muggings and rape Now!
when they think there is now cops to stop them?

yes some will be nice.
you will kive them some food.
then at dark they come back for all the rest.
or wiat till you go out.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Always better to prepare and part of preparation is of the mind,
most importantly the mind.
You will be faced with instant scenario changes and instant choices, and 1 second of delay, of thought of wishing for peace and happiness and unicorns, 1 little dwell too long in a blurry brain will have you dead.
I hate even thinking about the crap that's going to go down when it happens.
Thank goodness it wont last for too long.
Lay low, keep quiet, be invisible, be calm, and survive.

oh and have a place to dispose of the bodies readily, they tend to attract attention.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

FarArcher, I think you may have taken what i said abit too literal. i merely ment in the perfect world. you think i trust the government ? or for that matter the armed forces? of course not !! i would even bet my life on it that they would sacrifice us all just to survive themselves.

I, like you think smaller is indeed a better way to survive. smaller groups are easier to hide, feed, move and in general...live ! to what size id travel in is still a lesson i would learn. i for one and stubborn as the day is long and refuse to die, i would do anything to live with my personal friends and like many people here i have spent a fair amount of time thinking about these sort of scenarios and am pretty confident i could survive. i am ready for the change, which in my books is a must. people who are afraid to loose there comfort zones are going to perish unfortunately.

A massive tip for all. the best currency you can hope to exchange with others is..... SEEDS. none of those GM seeds, you want proper seeds untouched and able to produce crops with more seeds for you to plant.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

if you look back at historical events, past disasters then you quickly see looting pretty much ends by the end of the first week... sure groups of armed thugs will still be fighting for what little remains but even their numbers dwindle as they run into more and more armed home owners and rival thugs...

Like they say even a #ty plan is better than no plan

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Very wise advice most seeds are hybrids. You can't plant the seeds from the tomato's or what ever your growing and regrown crops from them. They're one and done. I can't believe we as a country have tolerated them scientifically messing with our seeds. Lord only knows what they have done to them on top of that.
edit on 4/5/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If TSHTF I personally would never steal from another person. But stuff at Walmart, in that kind of case, is up for grabs in my opinion. Money is useless at that point so WTF is a store going to do with it's inventory? Let the food rot? Let useful items sit on the shelf for no one to use? Being prepared is one thing but if it's bad enough, preparation will only go so far before you need more supplies. Better get them when it first starts; before they are all gone.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Preparation is by far the right way to go. I would be more than happy to share what I have with anyone in need who asks for it. I am also very willing and capable defending myself and anyone else if someone wants to take.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This may seem like it's off topic. However it's really not. It's the ultimate guide to where the people in the know are putting their money.

Gold is at 1438 an ounce. That is so high it's sickening. I'd love to know what it was in 2007. It's not like it got more rare than it is. As a comparison Silver is at almost 40 dollars an ounce which is considered high. Those are scary signs. Of a serious financial meltdown by the wealthy decision makers. When there's market uncertainty they buy precious metals. Personally I'd dump Gold now and Buy Silver there's your ATS stock tip of the day.lol
edit on 4/5/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08 Personally I'd dump Gold now and Buy Silver there's your ATS stock tip of the day.lol

Personally I'd say hang on to any gold -and- silver you have, and dump your dollars to buy more metal...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by LS650

You have to remember what happened after Katrina!
A lot of armed citizens stayed behind to defend their
homes.The military took their guns away,the criminals
still had theirs!

Thats just not true. No one took my guns away. I had regular dealings with the national guard in my neighborhood with a pistol strapped to my leg. yes there were instances of people having their gun taken from them- and you are right wrongfully. but it wasnt some sort of mass disarming
edit on 5-4-2011 by inbound because: tallyhoohoo

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Your tractor should be good, any vehicle before 1978 should be O.K. but you must make sure to ground it when your not using it. Have a small chain attached to the vehicle and then attach the other end to a copper rod and stick it in the ground. We used to ground our tanks during lightning storms and refueling. I was told it would work for an EMP strike, I don't really know but what do you have to lose for trying?At least it could give you some peice of mind during a storm.

P.S. In the long run I think that a defensive position will always become a losing position. How many castle's and hole towns in the past have been overrun? In the end it's better to operate like a LRRP and hide with pride and keep moving the longer you stay in one spot the more the word will get out, and I realize this idea may sound hard for those with kid's. I think those with a military background will have the advantage, especially green beanies and combat vet's, people who can handle a boom stick!

edit on 5-4-2011 by TheApachekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

I agree. After associating with Blackwater/Xe types, I know the type of people we will be dealing with. Jericho was not so far off. I have made a lot of preparations, but I do not pretend for one second that I have thought of everything. Will I go into homes? Not with living occupants. Small businesses? Not my first choice. Wally World, Home Depot, Lowes, Bass Pro Shop, pawn shops? All fair game imo.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

thank you all for your comments..

feeling a little better

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

I was not there to personally see what was
happening.I was half right in my post,some
owners did have their guns confiscated,but
not all of them.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Here's a video on the Katrina confiscations:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

It pisses me off to absolutely no end that this could even happen. I know it can and assume it would should TSHTF. It just makes me angry every time. The really bad thing is there really is nothing you can do about it at the time and if you happen to be an area that is being singled out you're left defenseless no matter how well you prepared.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by manta78

It pisses me off to absolutely no end that this could even happen. I know it can and assume it would should TSHTF. It just makes me angry every time. The really bad thing is there really is nothing you can do about it at the time and if you happen to be an area that is being singled out you're left defenseless no matter how well you prepared.

They only confiscated weapons they were easy pickins like the little old lady and guys they could get the drop on. There were places they didn't even try because they knew it would have been a fight they would lose. Several states have no passed laws that there will be no gun confiscation even in dire emergencies. Like my state of Idaho. So i know in an emergency if LE officers try to confiscate weapons they just stepped out of bounds and you need not comply.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Everyone who plans to hole up in their home (or any residential building for that matter) needs to consider that most homes are not bullet proof, even against light (5.56) rounds. As others have mentioned defending one location against a horde is not the way to go. And I may not be military (let alone special forces) I will make the life of whoever messes with me or anyone in my group living hell, especially if they use numbers to take from me. I will hit them from concealment, 1 or 2 of the at a time, until no one is left, or I die. Just hunting people, instead of game, and when someone has hurt or killed someone I care about, I will have no remorse when I kill them. And in reply to a mmuch earlier post, I'm sure killing a person changes you, but that isn't necesarily bad.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join