Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

survival -- plan and prepare? or LOOT and BOOT?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

hate myself "bumping" my own thread

lol

was a great thread!

11 pages >>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
edit on 5/24/12 by darrman because: add a thingy
edit on 5/24/12 by darrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrman
just this morning in response to other threads about BOB's (bug out bags)
i read many people's thoughts about being able to get what their family needs, AFTER the SHTF.......

theft,,, poaching,,,,looting,,,,raiding,,,, are just a few words mentioned by members...

Am i Reading humans right...?? it's bad enough i'm going to have to deal with the "problem" what ever "it" will be.

but if i have to deal with humans being stupid-- and trying to TAKE my family's supplys.....

just the thought makes me angry......

we ALL have the time,, to take steps ,,NOW,, to survive as a race of people -- each in our own lands- in our own way..

or not ...

how many of us think it is better to STEAL,, then to PREPARE??

"survival -- plan and prepare? or LOOT and BOOT?"

hehheh....you are are still thinking like a human, not like a human in survival mode. Survival does not ask, these questions will seem trivial to you when and if the SHTF for real.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Mr. D because: sentence structure.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Text BlackTextreply to post by darrman

well you clearly wouldn't last in any kind of apocalypse, first off the key of survival means just you, that means no family no friends maybe a very stealthy dog but don't get attached enough to save it if it puts you in danger.
Next like i just mentioned stealth and fitness always be on the move never over stay your welcome, track and kill anyone else doing the same thing as you may not get a chanced when there pointing there Remington 700 at you next when SHTF (# hits the fan) the world changes kindness cannot be shown as kindness can be mistaken for weakness what are you gonna do when your held up in your flat with your family and kids running about making more noise then a slow kid at a petting zoo when suddenly a fragmentation grenade comes through the gap in your window board and that's that. You need a new plan bud luckily i can tell you how to get out that situation when you start getting low on your supply's have your combat backpack ready and full of anything you may need till you find a safe looting zone tell your family your going to find some supplys and it would be far to dangerous to take anyone say you will be back by nightfall when your not they will suspect the worst and you will be a lone wofl. Last tip for a lone wolf - watch out for me.

β€œThe scariest thing in the world is thinking someone you love is going to die.”
― Jodi Picoult, Lone Wolf

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

If you have a good safe place = plan and prepare (including preparing to defend from those who will loot and boot)

If you don't have the funds, or a good safe place = loot and boot (and hook up with those who've planned and prepped). Have something to bring to the table.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Some buddies recently told me that they're more of the 'raiders' types, since they work in gun store sure that sounds nice. Problem is when groups try to raid the well fortified compounds that have all the good stuff, not everyone going to come home each time. Eventually your raider party will shrink, and then you'll be raided.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Working in a gun store, even going to the range a lot, and shooting, is a WAY different situation than being in actual combat. I've had guns all my life, and hunted as a kid. Granted, the closest I've come to a firefight is doing Paintball, but even that, I found is way different. (I tend to play as if the paintballs were real bullets). It's much different trying to hit something when moving, worrying about cover, worrying about tactics, etc. The guys I paintball with though, some are ex-military, and they are in my survival "group" should something happen. So, at least we've already worked together on some kind of simulation of things...even if just for fun.

The successful raiders are going to go after soft targets, not armed compounds like our place would be, post SHTF. I think we'll see these kinds of gangs mostly in cities, right after things go to hell. Though, I'm sure, at some point, more organized and professional gangs will establish themselves. I'm hoping for strength in numbers and community.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join