It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survival -- plan and prepare? or LOOT and BOOT?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
When TSHTF, and the world implodes into a Madd Maxx and the Thunderdome world there will be very little civility. It is always better not to loot. This country contains enough resources to support every man, woman and child in the *United States.
If you do the following, you should fare fine.

#1 MIND YOUR OWN GOD#@$! BUSINESS, if you either grew up in or have lived in an major urban city 1Mill> you are by nature a master of this virtue.

#2 Farm your own food, grow a nice garden and hold it down, you can survive off of vegetables alone(it is called discipline)

#3 Know how to filter water from other sources, I have loved the study of Alchemy since I was a child, now all of that knowledge gets put into play.

No need to go The Mad Nomadic route if you are mentally prepared. The Human factor will always be there whether you fight or flee. Hold it down, and become a fly on the wall, low key and play it as it lays in regards to the human factor.

Do what you must do, everybody in the city KNOWS THE RULES, so anybody get out of pocket put them down and keep it moving. I love that simple fact about big city living....one simple fact no matter where you go in the city EVERYBODY KNOWS THE RULES!
edit on 13-4-2011 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
People (young single males) always like to imagine that they are the BADDEST thing in the neighborhood; that they are smarter, faster, and craftier than everyone else. After about an hour, that day-dream evaporates in all but the very worst neighborhoods. Where people are armed and expect you to be law-biding, looting will have little career potential.

Of course, there is always the lone nut who thinks he is above the fray.

See, while the rest of you look forward to looting, you don't realize that people like me are actively looking forward to setting ourselves up like Judge Roy Bean, creating our own little versions of Langtry, where we are "the law of the land."

So, loot all you want. I have plenty of rope, a dozen "neighbors," and a copy of Black's Law Dictionary.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Quia enim necessitas non habet legem, set ipsa sibi facit legume

Worldly possession is a figment of the collective imagination.

If I need something now, to do what is right; to survive. Then it is mine.

That's the eternal truth.

Immediately after an "event" survival pans out with each man naked on the bank of the river.

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

you just gotta love humans,,

thank you for your posts..

i will keep 2 eyes on you ALL..

lol

if you want to work on the farm... U2U me
edit on 4/13/11 by darrman because: SEE where I live.??!!??

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Loot or Boot your title.

Have nothing, will not do either.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS
reply to post by darrman

Loot or Boot your title.

umm Would uhh ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Cry or Die..

be a better title ??
edit on 4/13/11 by darrman because: ...............................The origin of the word Ozark is French and comes to us from the early French explorers who first navigated and mapped the mighty Arkansas River in the late 1600's and early 1700's. After France gained control of the vast land which later became known as the 'Louisianna Purchase,' the French sent surveyors and cartographers to explore their new lands in the New World.

edit on 4/13/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
look at Japan
NO LOOTING
of course looting contaminated stuff will kill you...
according to the US government
so might hoarding

trust me:
it isn't so much what you have
it is what you know.

PS
If people keep on killing
at some point normal people will get so sick of the stench of death
they will use that last bullet they have been saving for just such a moment
or
they will smarten up.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Wouldn't the situation be different in a full blown SHTF scenario where a person has no where to go or definitely has no food coming in and everywhere is the same?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS
reply to post by darrman

Loot or Boot your title.

umm Would uhh ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Cry or Die..

be a better title ??
edit on 4/13/11 by darrman because: ...............................The origin of the word Ozark is French and comes to us from the early French explorers who first navigated and mapped the mighty Arkansas River in the late 1600's and early 1700's. After France gained control of the vast land which later became known as the 'Louisianna Purchase,' the French sent surveyors and cartographers to explore their new lands in the New World.

edit on 4/13/11 by darrman because: spellinglish

Not Gonna Cry, Will die someday.

Thanks for the history lesson on Aux Arcs --- Google it pigboots
Love the avatar.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
in a SHTF senario, i have thought about, and intend to - go looking - for objects of interest.

Like window glass - fence posts - tools, stuff that can be dismantled for other usefull stuff.

I would not do this if people were still inhabiting the place....

My ideas on when i would do this is when people realise help isnt coming and leave on their own occord.

Doing so when people are still there is just asking for trouble.

Doing so when people have abandoned their property - why not?

There's a fairly big nature reserve near mine. If SHTF i plan on moving there, building an earthhouse and the such. I'd have no issues whatsoever going thru houses and taking items which are usefull

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TigaHawk

I don't know about where you live, but around here, road construction crews use lots of lighted road signs that are powered by solar cells. At night, the roads are deserted. I don't think the things are bolted on all that well. Once we run out of refined gasoline (about a week, after any link in the supply chain breaks), nobody will be crowding the roads anyway.

just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

'Great' plan Sri. I hope I get to be the one you try to use that logic on, because even if your better armed than me, I'll still kill you dead (though I will be sneaky about it if you out gun me, and probably if you don't to). A$$holes like you will be the reason that the world will go to absolute # in a SHTF situation. After all people working togeather can rebuild, but with people like you, who will be killed off by either the people you loot or other looters, will make the situation a whole lot worse than it needs to be, and we don't need that attitude. The world will be better off when your kind becomes less common.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I'd much rather put the energy into planning and preparing now then using excess energy borne out of fear into looting, etc. I would think you'd be more of a target going out into the streets to thieve and loot what's not yours. Probably people protecting their property who wouldn't think twice about shooting all the looters...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Looters? i suggest you stay out of my neck of the woods. Any house you "visit" here will find you on the business end of a life ender. It amazes me that the cities where people have come together to make life easier for everybody is the most likely place you will be shot, stabbed or grievously beaten for looking at someone the wrong way and out here where community still means something you will be welcomed with open arms until you show ill intent. Southern hospitality is true for the most, but you have to keep in mind while that person in the small town is being so kind that shotgun or rifle is never too far away if someone with ill intent decides to show their true colors.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

keeping current

more will be revealed

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
look at people when they dont get to watch their favorite tv show or they dont get enough days off or that extra week of vaction.

how bad do you think thing will get when they dont have any food or water and shelter.

the shtf will be very ugly and for all the looters out there sure try to loot most cases someone else will beat you to it

and if you do make it someone comes along and puts 2 in your chest and one in your head.

plan
plan
prepare
prepare
plan some more
prepare
prepare
and plan some more

no one can think of everything but anyone who plans and prepares will always be better off than someone who doesnt.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
but suppose the SHTF event and aftermath lasts longer than 6 months, and everyone's supplies are dwindling, or something happens to your garden that you did not foresee? sadly some or most of us at some point will have to adapt to a situation that requires certain actions on the premise of survival

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

thats where planning and preparing come into play plan and have a backup plan and and another backup plan

the more flexible anyone is the more options it gives them.

however survival in the shtf scenario will never be easy survival does indeed depend on adaptation of the circumstances at hand but my own philosiphy how you get there is just as important as where you end up

if we cant hold onto our own humanity the things that make us who we are right now whats the point of any of it.
edit on 16-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
In a SHTF scenario, the stores will be pretty much emptied within a few hours, and remaining in the stores will be the bodies of those who had a hold on something someone else wanted very badly.

Consider the 3,000,000 or so diabetics alone. Insulin must be refrigerated, and no one has more than a 30-day supply. Then you have those in hospitals or in their homes on oxygen or require other life-maintaining drugs and medical supplies. Those will be consumed very, very rapidly.

Hospitals, just like everything else will run out of power and even backup fuel very quickly. Woe to the very young and very old in these times.

A third of the population will be gone in the first 30 days. Stress, medical inattention, murder, sickness, starvation, natural catastrophic events, and just weakness.

A second third of the population will be gone within six months, as hoarded or looted supplies begin to run out and desperation sets in.

If we're lucky, by the end of the first 12 months, we'll have some 20% to 30% of our population left.

A lot of folks who view this as a damned video game, running around and looting others are in for a very rude awakening.

So you have a hundred of your family and close friends? Wait until someone who isn't going to put up with such looting and having your own way meets force with force.

When you see some of those family members with their heads blown half-off, some of the very ones who seemed the boldest and most capable literally gutted with high-powered rifle fire, you'll quickly enough realize that your approach is wrong.

When you try to disengage this disaster in the making, and this SOB is continually picking off more family members, and your time now is spent primarily in digging hasty graves for those family members, count yourself lucky if a dozen of you get away alive.

And if you're passing and I see everyone is hungry, my reply will be, "I'll feed the children. But you are men, and if you want to continue to call yourselves that, you'll get off urasses and find your women some food. I'll not feed grown men. You can find food if you really want it, but if I see you sneaking around here - I'll fertilize my soil with your blood."

There will be a bit of a natural selection that occurs the first twelve months, and the best way to avoid becoming victims of two-legged animals, will be to minimize the possibility of contact with them.

Note too, there will be an explosive growth of four-legged predators and critters. Dogs will be wild in short order, and travel in packs. Large, vicious packs.

One only has to review the events following the fall of the Roman Empire to see how quickly wild animals become a major threat.

So among all my weapons of choice, aside from firearms, my tomahawk will be useful every single day. I also have spear heads and butt pieces ready to mount on poles.

Entries into some of my places will be just over two feet high. You'll have to get on your hands and knees to enter - head first - but don't think that you'll be leaving with it. It's staying.

This is not going to be a power trip, an adventure or a game.

Every day, you'll be tested.

And it's all pass/fail.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Kingbreaker

thats where planning and preparing come into play plan and have a backup plan and and another backup plan

the more flexible anyone is the more options it gives them.

however survival in the shtf scenario will never be easy survival does indeed depend on adaptation of the circumstances at hand but my own philosiphy how you get there is just as important as where you end up

if we cant hold onto our own humanity the things that make us who we are right now whats the point of any of it.
edit on 16-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I believe what you are speaking of is called "redundancy", and it is best to have them in place for not having them can result in damaging consequences. Everything has a quantitative failure point where shock and vibe, and depletion depletes efficiency, let us not include civility into it!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

exactly we are civilized now do we become barbarians to save ourselves from barbarians.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join