It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by YouSir

You.....must.....stop....talking....in....choppy....sentences....you....aren't....an.....embattled....superhero....

But seriously, hate begets hate, and instead of continuing on the path of hate, we should be more respectful. Is this how we want the world to see us? As a society of intolerant bigots? Or should they see us as a country of freedom loving individuals?

Ummm.......Look,
.........I agree that we should respect others....I also agree with you about hate.....hate is a very negative, destructive, emotional state, that I try to never allow any personal expression of.....I strive to comprehend and live my life in compassion for others.....I strive to live my life.....hate free.....Obviously on some days that cause is lost and I rejoin my fellow humanbeings, in this morass of emotion.
I'm not really concerned about how another country or individual percieves me.......or us.....I'm much more concerned with how I see myself, and wether I have lived up to my own ideals on any given day....
I probably should'nt come to these....muslim, islamic, whateveristan, threads.......you see, I have no basis for understanding that mindset.....it's so.......other.....so alien. I cant wrap my mind around lopping off heads because of some flamed paper........there is no realistic connection between these two acts....none.
I......"think".....that, this was possibly what was meant to be illustrated by burning the "book".......

YouSir

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Truth is that religion did not cause any deaths.

These deaths were caused by the occupation of a nation (Afghanistan) by another nation (USA). This causes the wanton distruction of the cultures of others. All this so the American troops can guard the poppy fields of Afghanistan for the CIA, which allows the CIA to import the illegal drugs into this country for billions of dollars in profit.

The US government is intent on dominating every middle east country by force and intimmidation to build their crumbling empire.. This book burning would not cause deaths if we were not in Afghanistan Place the blame where it really belongs on the backs of this nations leaders (Bush and Obama their cronnies) who go to war with little regard for the soldiers they place harms way for no damned good reason.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

Originally posted by YouSir

Originally posted by YouSir

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by guessing

I dont have a need to fear sin if I am afraid so come a rockin!

YES, no fear is the the rule of thumb

glad to see some on e who is enlightened

I mean this

Ummmm................you use enlightened........as if you actually knew what it meant......as if you were a subscriber to such a definition......as if.......enlightenment.....held what you have regurgitated in this thread.......within it's definition........typical.
Please........allow me, to be the one that bursts your little.......(and I do mean small).......bubble.
Enlightenment is an.....attainment......one reached through a long road of tolerance, meditation, discovery and compassion......NOT......selective, tolerance and definitely not selective compassion....

Please.......set aside your angst......your "moral" outrage.......your hatred........your bigotry.........when you have lain all of those to rest........when calm and consideration prevails....................respond to my following questions, in a thoughtful, cogent, manner............
What in fact did this man who burned this book.....do.....to you, or to anyone else.....?
How did this simple act.........cause.........others to murder.....?
Why would you desire to abolish this individuals rights.........to.....murder......him for burning some paper.........?
Are your posts throughout this thread........the true asperations of an enlightened mind.........?

YouSir

in reality i am soo,, soo tired of dealing with morons

no offence

Ummmmm...........what.....no answer to my questions......and no enlightenment either.....

YouSir

I suffer no fools

why is it that most fit the bill

whyyyyy?
edit on 4-4-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2011 by guessing because: dislpacement refactualisation

Ummmm.........To thy own self.......be true

Nuff said

YouSir

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The thing that sickens me is that the United States a General even the President condemns the act of burning a book, for fear of backlash, but nothing is said about the beheading of people because of that same incident...

Since when does the world have to tip toe around Fanatical Muslims? If they aren't killing themselves they are killing someone else...

What a bloody and violent religion...

Terry Jones is actually showing the world the true color of the Muslim religion and it's various levels.

These are the Klingons of the real world i tell you!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Since when does the world have to tip toe around Fanatical Muslims? If they aren't killing themselves they are killing someone else... What a bloody and violent religion...

You know how many christians are doing the killings over in iraq/afghanistan/libya? Most of the US military is christian. Christianity is the ONLY fanatical religion. Get your facts straight.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac

Since when does the world have to tip toe around Fanatical Muslims?

Well, they ARE carrying machetes.

Jus' sayin'

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

OK, PROF,

I have tried to explain that these people are not Christian, because they ARE NOT!

Don't drag Jesus into this.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Since when does the world have to tip toe around Fanatical Muslims? If they aren't killing themselves they are killing someone else... What a bloody and violent religion...

You know how many christians are doing the killings over in iraq/afghanistan/libya? Most of the US military is christian. Christianity is the ONLY fanatical religion. Get your facts straight.

Single most ignorant statement ive seen on this whole thread.......

just because there are christians in the military doesnt mean Christians are killing Muslims..........I know plenty of Atheists and Jewish people that i served with that had to do the same........

Get a clue man......

Theres a huge difference between the US military and Extremists whose doctrine is to irradicate infidels......not only that , they TELL you thats what their intent is........

Give me a break
edit on 4-4-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

From your link;

The Qur'an burning was the subject of anger at Friday prayers around Afghanistan yesterday. In Mazar-e-Sharif thousands of people poured out of the city's famous Blue Mosque after a sermon by the presiding mullah, with one police official estimating that there were 4,000 people on the streets of the city.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Straight from mosque to murder. The spirit of Truth is a spirit of disclosure. By their fruits, the moslem congregations of Mazar-e-Sharaf have revealed the truely dark nature of the spirit that guides them.

edit on 4/4/2011 by teapot because: formatting

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Single most ignorant statement ive seen on this whole thread.......

just because there are christians in the military doesnt mean Christians are killing Muslims..........I know plenty of Atheists and Jewish people that i served with that had to do the same........

Get a clue man......

Theres a huge difference between the US military and Extremists whose doctrine is to irradicate infidels......not only that , they TELL you thats what their intent is........

Give me a break
edit on 4-4-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

It is not ignorant. Most of the military members are christian and are doing the killings. So if a few rebels who do not follow the CORRECT Islam kill a few people, Islam is to blame?

What I have stated is correct. Most military members are christian and are doing most of the killings.

Do you have a copy of this doctrine? Can you produce a source?
edit on 4-4-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

OK, PROF,

I have tried to explain that these people are not Christian, because they ARE NOT!

Don't drag Jesus into this.

OK Cat

I have tried to explain that these people are not Muslim, because they ARE NOT!

Don't drag Muhammed into this.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

YES!

HEY,PROF,

So we are agreed - so-called religious teaching damages people.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Organized religion led by corrupt leaders is what destroys. Not personal private religion. These persons claiming to be muslim are not muslim. Just as these people claiming to be christian are not really christian.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Organized religion led by corrupt leaders is what destroys. Not personal private religion. These persons claiming to be muslim are not muslim. Just as these people claiming to be christian are not really christian.

Wow, how profound!

I'm sure sages in the future will quote your words of wisdom.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Can i prove the doctrine? Yeah its pretty easy , just go to their website or watch their videos.......i mean how hard is that to understand?

Your playing ignorant on the whole thing just to try and push your point about the US military.......

The religious makeup of the military has NOTHING to do with the missions they do.......

On the otherhand............with muslim extremist..........their religion has EVERYTHING to do with the things that they do..........

But i cannot argue common sense where there is none..........

You are trying to twist things to suit your argument and ignoring the glaring facts...........most people wont buy it

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Can i prove the doctrine? Yeah its pretty easy , just go to their website or watch their videos.......i mean how hard is that to understand?

Your playing ignorant on the whole thing just to try and push your point about the US military.......

The religious makeup of the military has NOTHING to do with the missions they do.......

On the otherhand............with muslim extremist..........their religion has EVERYTHING to do with the things that they do..........

But i cannot argue common sense where there is none..........

You are trying to twist things to suit your argument and ignoring the glaring facts...........most people wont buy it

Provide a source to this website and link to videos.

I can provide a link to videos of us military troops most who are christian doing lots of killings, these are the same people who go to church.

I am only providing the facts.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Burn a Quran and the world is up in arms throwing Racist bigot remarks at the Pastor, front page news, muslims riot, behead people, call for the death of america.

Burn a Bible, and nobody notices, no news cover, no Christian Mob burning down buildings and beating people to death.

--

How can people carry on supporting Islam? It wasnt just a few in Afghan, it looked like the whole bloody city had come out for a party!.

All Muslims want to kill the infidel, they want Muslims to take over.
They may not admit it, but they think it inside.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Provide a source to this website and link to videos. I can provide a link to videos of us military troops most who are christian doing lots of killings, these are the same people who go to church. I am only providing the facts.

Im not going to post the vileness that comes with extremist muslim websites on ATS , i have more respect then that....

The problems is you know im right, youre just trying to argue for the sake of arguing........

I can post all sorts of numbers on how many people extremist have killed too.........but the difference is.......it was FOR THEIR RELIGION.......

I find it hard to believe you cannot wrap your mind around that...........so you are either just playing stupid or....................well ill not resort to that..........

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

These military men go to christian church and have preachers in the desert over in iraq/saudi arabia/afghanistan/libya. They are preaching to kill all the muslims. Bush is the Commander in Chief and is a Christian. The commander of this War is Christian and has declared a holy war on muslims. Bush himslef stated that this is a crusade. General wesley clark himslef stated that the white house had plans to take out muslim countries. This is a war by christians.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Hi PROF,

I am enjoying our discussion.

And you are so right. People are entitled to their own religion.

And the reason governments wage war?

Pure greed.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join