It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Jones defiant despite murders in Afghanistan over Qur'an burning

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
He also has plans for his "next day of judgment" when he will have a trial for the Prophet Muhammad...

Is this being done in order to begin the tribulation?

Will this spawn a Holy war for this generation?

It's sure spawing something bad.

This guy is stirring up way too much violence. I wish something could shut him up, for the good of the many....
He knew it was going to cause problems, yet made the choice anyways.

I agree with abolishing religion. It just causes problems. Too many extremist issues on both sides. People get too involved with the idea of worshipping and preaching, and forget how to behave. People have turned into control freaks, when they should be able to live and let live. Tolerance and patience is forgotten about....

It should at least be made private/personal. Get rid of the institution of blind dogma.
edit on 2-4-2011 by snowspirit because: just ranting....

Ummm........So you would......"shut up".....his freedom of speech, because ......you.......did'nt agree with what he said.......typical.
Cant you wrap your mind around.....an illustration......cant you even ......begin.......to realize that burning a lousy book does not equate extremism.....the extremism.......was evidenced by the reaction........not the act itself.
You state that "people have turned into control freaks".......yet you seek to......"control".....what another would do in the free excercise of his speech........again.......typical
You would also........"abolish"........others belief systems......BECAUSE.........they did'nt match.......yours....again......typical.

I bet you, and all those.......detractors.......those who would call a man a bigot for burning a book........consider yourselves........enlightened, mature, above all.......the herd........the only possible answer to that is

YouSir
edit on 4-4-2011 by YouSir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Not in the name of christianity we haven't.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
It seems that all you people coming to defend Terry Jones's actions are acting as if he was some sort of hero.

The truth is, that had he not burned the Koran, a violent act for the purpose of causing terror to Muslim people, the UN workers might still be alive.

But no, none of you will get that point, because you all appear to be so brainwashed and think that all Muslims are evil, and in your brainwashed minds, believe that anything bad to happen to a Muslim is a good thing.

no,YOU are dismissing the murders of people who had nothing to do with any of this .

terry did something that is legal in his country, now you want to tell me killing other people in that country is legal coz of his actions?

where the hell are you coming from?
edit on 4-4-2011 by asala because: Snipped

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy

Thank you for that, you were right. At the same time, we weren't killing in the name of christianity.

How do you know that what they were doing was killing in the name of Islam? Islam forbids murder.

Also most of the people doing the beheadings over their are christian. Just because they don't say they are doing it in the name of Christianity doesn't mean it is not true. It is a holy war; Bush said it himself. Bush is the leader of the Christians

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy

Not in the name of christianity we haven't.

Yes it is in the Name of Christianity, the commander in chief is christian; Bush calls this war a crusade. General wesley clark said that the white house itself had plans to target exclusively muslim nations. This war is in the name of Christianity and Christians are doing most of the beheadings. All of the churches in America preach that this is a holy war. These are the same churches where the military gets its recruits from.
edit on 4-4-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

His acts do not justify their acts, but his acts were WRONG DAMMIT HIS FREAKING ACTIONS WERE WRONG!!!!

Why doesn't anyone understand this?

It was wrong what he did. And because of his actions people died. He didn't kill them, idiots did, and they were wrong to do so! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO WRITE THAT BEFORE IT SINKS IN?

No really? Can you all give me a number so I can just paste it that many times in the failing hope that it might actually sink in? Because it's obvious that you people aren't getting it. I doubt you ever will at this point and I think that is a sad statement of some peoples reading comprehension skills.

People died because of this mans actions, while he didn't kill them himself, he might as well have. The people that did do the killing were in the wrong as well and there is no defense for what they did. But if he had not committed and act of terror against the murderers, those UN staffers might still be alive.

But no, you are all going to justify his actions as free speech, his actions that were intolerant, hateful, and got people killed.

I suppose to you all this man is a hero, and you all seem to be playing right into the holy war that some want.

Is that what you want? A holy war? What is that going to solve? I don't personally believe in either religion, so count me out in your crusades.
edit on 4/4/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

too badd chump,

i just printed out your post and lit a ciggy with it.

i will u2u my addy if you got a problem wit dat.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
If I had personally caused the brutal murder of good people, I would probably have to crawl away and die. I could not live with myself, that is for sure.

For a so-called religious leader to be defiant in the face of these atrocities - what he did, and what he caused, just shows that he is a leader of hatred, a leader of the division of people, a leader of everything that destroys people.

He is not a follower of Jesus - he is a bigot - and Jesus put bigots right there on the opposition's side.

And to all religions that teach hatred etc - you are an anti-human religion.

To any young person who has not yet been brain-washed, please believe in the principles of love, forgiveness and freedom for everyone on this planet. It does not matter which name it is called.

Anyone who practises hatred and destruction is against everything that is good in this life.

And all we have is this life, right? No-one knows anything else.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Keep it up U.S. You are rolling toward the same type of religious intolerance I grew up with.

I know because I was born and lived in Ireland until age 25. I see this country edging toward what I lived. I had a protestant boyfriend in high school. We kept it secret because we both knew our parents would flip out. My brother caught us out and found out my boyfriend's religion and I was beaten with the belt by my dad at age 17 and put in a hospital. My boyfriend's father went crazy and threatened to kill us all. There was a war of sorts between my family and my boyfriend's family.

ALL over religion!

I still say Terry Jones has been programmed to do what he's doing. It goes deeper down the rabbit hole, this one does. Because for the longest time I see tension and hate being stirred up toward Muslims. It can either go two ways, but it's up to the people.

Remember in your country, back in the days of revolt in the 60's, the govt sent in agent provocatuers to create all kinds of trouble. They do this at protests too. They are doing it now again with Muslims. JMHO!
edit on 4-4-2011 by Aisling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If a bearded man with a turban burned the bible and said death to america, he would be labeled a terrorist. Terry jones is therefore a terrorist.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

my disagreement is with your earlier posts thats all........not the fact that this guy is a scum bag , that im sure everyone agrees with

Apparently people here think he's a hero and the second coming of Jesus Christ, that's what I am seeing.

I guess next when some moron like Terry Jones starts killing American Muslims, that will be justified by these people too and they will lift the person up as a hero.

Basically what I am seeing in this thread is the same intolerance, hate, and bigotry, that these people blame Muslims for.

when he kills muslims then he will be prosecuted for that crime.

he is not commiting a crime for burning a book in his country.

big diff unless killing people for perceived outrage is legal in that country.

lolololol. f'n chump ass idiots. very sorry about the deaths the peaceful muslim buttholes perpetrated and especially the ones that had their f'n heads cut off!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

peaceful muslim buttholes perpetrated and especially the ones that had their f'n heads cut off!!!!!

And beheading using bombs is peaceful? The "peaceful" christian buttholes are perpetrating all the beheadings over their first. Christians started it first.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

reply to post by GeisterFahrer

And Christianity is a peaceful religion?

I am not saying that what the people who murdered the UN workers were justified in any way, they are murderers and deserve to be executed for their crimes.

I am serious people, how many times do I have to write that? Really? I am begging you, give me a number. Please, i am getting carpel tunnel syndrome from having to repeat myself over and over and over again without anyone apparently figuring out how to read.

Terry Jones = burned his own copy of a koran on his own property

Had that just been it, it would be a matter of freedom of speech, however, he used the media as a weapon against Muslims.

And that is why I believe that he is culpable for those deaths, just as those murderers are culpable for the deaths they caused.

give it up.

karzai blabbed it to his "people" it would have never been know cept for him.

does that change anything for you?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Bush never fired a shot, his reason for fighting is not every soldiers reason and it was not in the name of christianity. Click on my link on the previous page it has plenty of scripture from the koran encouraging murder and stating it should be done. Check it out. If you spent time in Iraq you would know some of the things they say in the name of allah. Certain things they say before they fire a shot, or detonate an explosive. They state their hatred, go over and ask them. We killed the opposition and RG who were oppressing the civilians under saddams regime. We didn't kill in the name of god. Again, if you served over seas, you would know this.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

you would let the idiot go ahead and do whatever he wants to copies of a BOOK

The thing with Islam though is that the Koran isn't just a book. Islamic theology teaches that the Koran literally came from Allah and as such it is Allah in some sense. That's why they can't just let this go as some idiot doing something stupid.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by guessing

I dont have a need to fear sin if I am afraid so come a rockin!

YES, no fear is the the rule of thumb

glad to see some on e who is enlightened

I mean this

Ummmm................you use enlightened........as if you actually knew what it meant......as if you were a subscriber to such a definition......as if.......enlightenment.....held what you have regurgitated in this thread.......within it's definition........typical.
Please........allow me, to be the one that bursts your little.......(and I do mean small).......bubble.
Enlightenment is an.....attainment......one reached through a long road of tolerance, meditation, discovery and compassion......NOT......selective, tolerance and definitely not selective compassion....

Please.......set aside your angst......your "moral" outrage.......your hatred........your bigotry.........when you have lain all of those to rest........when calm and consideration prevails....................respond to my following questions, in a thoughtful, cogent, manner............
What in fact did this man who burned this book.....do.....to you, or to anyone else.....?
How did this simple act.........cause.........others to murder.....?
Why would you desire to abolish this individuals rights.........to.....murder......him for burning some paper.........?
Are your posts throughout this thread........the true asperations of an enlightened mind.........?

YouSir

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

too badd chump,

i just printed out your post and lit a ciggy with it.

i will u2u my addy if you got a problem wit dat.

LMAO!

Why would I have a problem with that?

link   

link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

Bush ordered the shootings. He is the Christian commander of the war that is currently going on. It is a holy war in the name of christianity. Bush ordered the war. General wesley clark told of the plans the white house had to get all muslim nations. This is a Christian war. Most military men are Christian. They come from the churches of america which preach hatred to muslims.

Murder is not ordered in the koran. It is killing in self defense and wartime only

So what if they state "allah ahkbar" before they fire a shot. Marines say shiz too. So you are saying they should be killed because they are muslims? That is the war christianity is doing right now.

We killed the oil companies opposition which was saddam. We did it in the name of christianity and oil money. Serving overseas is for pussies. I would rather fight hand to hand combat than rather hide like a wimp inside an m1 tank.
edit on 4-4-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
If humanity ever invents a time machine it's best use would be to go back and tazer every ****er who started a religion.

Believe what you want to believe and don't give a ***t about what anyone else believes.

You don't want others forcing their beliefs on you so don't do the same to others.

If only humanity had a 'reset' button!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join