page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by 5StarOracle

It is Islam that is hate filled.

The good pastor's actions only serve to prove his point that Islam is pure evil.

To all muslims...put down the koran. Step away from the koran. You are deceived.

Islam is not hate filled, and is not pure evil.

Humankind is hate filled and full of people that are pure evil.

God is not in ANY book, or from the lips of any person on earth. He is in our heart, and in our mind, it is there that we know what is RIGHT from what is WRONG. I believe in a God but also will not subscribe to anyone else's beliefs as to what God represents.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

No one is saying that the people who committed these murders aren't to blame. No one is defending their actions.

What we are saying is that Terry Jones committed an act of terrorism when he burned the Koran. He used the media in order to have people view this act of terrorism.

What the people did in response was horrible, it's not forgivable, and it's not excusable. But neither is Terry Jones's act of terrorism.

Free speech is one thing, but when you use the media in order to publicize your act of hate, for the purpose of causing unrest, it's an act of terrorism itself.

In my opinion if there was a Satan, and that being did have a religion, it would be the religion of Bigotry, Intolerance and Hate. That would be the religion of Satan.
edit on 4/3/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

There is no satan only human misinformation and inbred ideals....

Jones is a terrorist, without question.... he needs to be hung, or beheaded

What an idiot...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Burning the flag is actually a part of the lifecycle of the United States flag. When the flag becomes faded or worn, it is to be burned in a respectful manner.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Hehe thanks It is getting late right now I will be back up again later in the evening. I am setting the record straight to people who don't think this is a holy war that Christians are doing right now

You arent setting anything straight, youre propagating lies to try and push your on idealism.......
Just because you have a problem with christianity has nothing to do with the fact that these people murdered others because someone burned their book......

Your little "crusade" is full of information with no facts behind it.........
Funny how hypocritical you are

It is all fact. Show me where I have not demonstrated any facts? Every single one of my statements is a fact. The us military is mostly christian and doing most of the killings in the ME. The commander of the US who started this crusade is christian. What facts are not right?

Only the truth and nothing more. This is a war by christians. You can't handle the truth. Show me which of my statements is false. Otherwise you have nothing.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Muhamhead ( I like this spelling of his name better ) was in all reality anti christ as he placed himself above Jesus. So how can those who believe in his lie be anything but anti christ aswell?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
Muhamhead ( I like this spelling of his name better ) was in all reality anti christ as he placed himself above Jesus. So how can those who believe in his lie be anything but anti christ aswell?

Jesus predicted the coming of his successor Muhammed. He is not the antichrist. The jews predicted the coming of Jesus and they rejected him. Is then Jesus the AC? Haha you are so flawed its not even funny.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

show me where Christ did this! your brain is what is flawed...

after the temple is rebuilt for the third time, the Jews will come to accept Christ as the Messiah. It was written long before Christ walked the earth...
edit on 4-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: .

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If you like you and I can have our own little holy war.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Dark Ghost

It simply was an act of terror, a terrorist act that resulted in the deaths of 7 UN workers. Had he NOT burned the Koran with the media in attendance, there may be 7 UN workers still alive today.

Cause and effect.

Ummmm.......you must be in law enforcement, only someone with that mindset would make such a ludicrous claim......Let me see, burning some paper in my backyard equates to terrorism.......

Now I begin to see why your belief system is so twisted

You should be ashamed for making such a juvenile assertion.

YouSir
edit on 4-4-2011 by YouSir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

No, Jesus predicted and warned against the coming of the false prophets.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

You're right freedom of religion should be banned... hey while we are at it why don't we get rid of all those other pesky rights too?

Free speech maybe?

Arms?

Fair Trial? (although this one is already questionably eroded as is the next one)

Search and Seizure?

Since we started with one wouldn't that make the rest of them fair game? Be careful what you say man.. you no nothing of what you speak

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If we give in to fundamentalist Islams demands regarding the Qur'an where do we stop? Is the next step legislation to outlaw drawing a picture of Mohammed? Outlawing women from wearing pants because it might cause them to kill people if they see females wearing pants because it offends them? Do we make it mandatory for females to wear a full body covering to prevent any offensiveness to fundamentalist Islam?

Should we start making Christians believe that Jesus was not the son of god because fundamentalist Muslims find it offensive and it could cause them to riot and attack U.S. soldiers? Maybe you should start praying 3 or 5 times a day because only praying 1 time a day is offensive to fundamentalist Muslims and we cannot take the risk that they will try and kill people over the insult to them?

Are we going to start a new government agency that is in charge of determining what is offensive and what is not? Do we prevent anyone from speaking if someone finds what they say to be offensive?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Terry Jones is an idiot. I personally think if it is ok for him to exercise his free speech by burning Korans, then people should be able to stand outside his church and burn bibles. I will even bring some marshmellows!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
YOU all have very certain opinions and very strong points about the matter.For one thing the burning of the koran would be just another gesture of ignorance,this guy can burn the mosque in Florida ONLY IF IS HIS PROPERTY,but if he really wanna have a point across he should do it again, but in front of the people of Afghanistan so the world can say,this is an american who has freedom of speach.IM sure nothing physical nor derogatory can happen to him,after all is the chosen one with the favor of God himself.The real problem is that the people from this MUSLIM coutry thougth they were killing americans based on the skin color ,just like somebody commmented,they are as ignorant as the pastor who did this,cousing the masacre in the UN BUNKER.Now what is to expect for the REAL AMERICANS living in MUSLIM countries???...And what about our service men and women???...THE snow ball its gonna go deep this time,seriously theres some bad times comming ,this MUSLIM religion is the number one in the world ,with more adepts than any other.Theres muslims in Florida im sure somebody blow the wistle to the muslim community.HE needs to explain his actions to the families of those UN WORKERS,AND BE INDICTED FOR THE BLOODSHED that this has caused.HE is also A TERRORIST.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AnitaCigarette

That is the THIRD time you stated or implied this was your last post in this thread. Take any side you want on any topic but for petes sake say what you mean and mean what you say.
And for the record, this IS the last time I'll write "for petes sake" in this thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed how this thread about violence and religious intolerance has become, at times, a thread full of angry words and religious intolerance.
All I can say is this. If anyone here thinks they hate violence and religious intolerance more than me they better have a god damn machete in their hand!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
All I can say is, freedom of speech/expression applies to one and all. If it were popular and everyone agreed with it, we wouldn't need a constitutional amendment. The 1st amendment is to protect unpopular speech! That's kind of the point.

Whether you agree with the pastor is irrelevant. To blame him for the radical overreactions of a bunch of radicals is insane. I see the atheist left of our country bash Christianity and call it everything from a fantasy to a hoax. Many Americans despise the bible. We also have a sect of our population who think it's okay to burn the flag. If I were to kill you and your family because you burned the flag or desecrated a bible, tell me, who would be the psycho, me or you, for burning the bible?

But, we don't apply the same standards to "foreigners". If I suicide bomb your family because you burned a bible, I'm the psycho and you're just exercising your rights. But, if an American burns a Koran and a bunch of lunatic Muslims kill a bunch of people, we blame the American. Sometimes we have to put our own opinionated drivel aside and state the obvious, whether we like it or not.

I will say it again; the first amendment is to protect offensive speech. If it wasn't offensive it wouldn't need protection. Think about that.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

Originally posted by filosophia
If these Afghanistans care more about a book than civilians being killed in their country, including women and children, then their priorities are far off indeed, which makes me think this is all just propaganda. Show me some hard proof the koran burning in Florida caused a riot in Afghanistan. This should be fun.

I came here for info on this same thought and it took 7 pages for even 1 person to consider this oddity.
IMHO, there is no way that they can watch all the death of their neighbors, family and countrymen for these years and go off because some white guy in florida gets a soundbite.
Now, Karzai did mention it in a speech 4 days before. But to me, that would be like throwing a carrot in the big pot where the cannibals were allready preparing the nights meal. I simply cannot buy the supposed fact they rioted and beheaded "un officials" because of somewhiteguy in florida.
It's not like they are all hooked up to the net and read ats all day, watching youtube videos of the pastor. I do not know what is more hard to believe, the depth of how shallow and subjective every opinion on this seems to be, or tha anyone at all can believe someone on the other side of the world will behead and kill many other foreigners unrelated to the usa. I am having a difficult time understanding this story

You make a good point, manna.. I have just been skimming, so I've only just noticed that the poster to whom you are replying referred to the people of Afghanistan as "Afghanistans"... WTF???? It's rather as if someone referred to the inhabitants of Terry Jones's state as "Floriduhs". I am denying the ignorance of not knowing what the people belonging to a foreign country are called.
Vicky

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Be nice if he grew a pair, flew to Afghanistan and burned a few Korans in public.

oh I can dream...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Why? Would you behead him if he did?

edit on 4-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: .

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join