<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Originally posted by guessing

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by guessing

I dont have a need to fear sin if I am afraid so come a rockin!

YES, no fear is the the rule of thumb

glad to see some on e who is enlightened

I mean this

Ummmm................you use enlightened........as if you actually knew what it meant......as if you were a subscriber to such a definition......as if.......enlightenment.....held what you have regurgitated in this thread.......within it's definition........typical.
Please........allow me, to be the one that bursts your little.......(and I do mean small).......bubble.
Enlightenment is an.....attainment......one reached through a long road of tolerance, meditation, discovery and compassion......NOT......selective, tolerance and definitely not selective compassion....

Please.......set aside your angst......your "moral" outrage.......your hatred........your bigotry.........when you have lain all of those to rest........when calm and consideration prevails....................respond to my following questions, in a thoughtful, cogent, manner............
What in fact did this man who burned this book.....do.....to you, or to anyone else.....?
How did this simple act.........cause.........others to murder.....?
Why would you desire to abolish this individuals rights.........to.....murder......him for burning some paper.........?
Are your posts throughout this thread........the true asperations of an enlightened mind.........?

YouSir

in reality i am soo,, soo tired of dealing with morons

no offence

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Sadly this planet and we humans are doomed to more war and hatred, bigotry and racism so long as "religions" are the motivators of our moral compasses.
I'm not saying religion needs to become extinct, it's just that it is holding us back from evolving and moving forward as a planet whose people are "one". In fact, the whole "World Government" issue is something we really should be striving for, Gene Roddenberry original "Star trek" series is very much the future we should be striving for (not just for space travel, but for the survival of our humans race).

People who are responding with "What did they do wrong by burning a piece of paper", don't understand the "attachment" people put into these tomes which are the very tenants to how they live their lives. It may not be yours or mine, but in respecting what others believe, it's a very horrible act.
If you own something that's very dear and really important to you, would you not be a bit insulted if someone were to destroy it?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

How does Islam define murder though? Last time I checked some of the definitions were a bit sketchy, like "self-defense" and "unbeliever".

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dmonix

Exactly! The sooner we get rid of these ridiculous ideas the better. Star for you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Here's the base truth.

Despite what Muslim extremists have done.

Terry Jones's stunt created additional hate in the world. He abused the 1st Amendment and his own faith to spread his hate for his fellow man.

Is this how Christians want to be portrayed? As people who bring hate and intolerance into this world? Is this the teachings of Christ?

Ummm.......What you dont know.......is if any of what you just stated holds any truth.......these are all just vain supposition.....unsupported by fact.....
Look.......unless you can crawl through this mans thoughts......walk his mile.....then you have absolutely no basis for.......knowledge.....
In fact......if you would back up and clinicaly look at what he did........the hatred started........after.....his act....
Or.....perhaps the hatred was there all along and was only looking for the next........excuse
Whatever it's inception, it did'nt start with what this man did........but with what those others, did....over in........whateveristan.......

YouSir

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dmonix

Exactly!

I am sad to see the US people go down the road to intolerance and bigotry.

We should be the example of what to be, not the example of what not to be.

This is an example of what not to be.

How are we to show the world that our form of freedom is the best form if we condone actions like this? This doesn't show the world that we are just purveyors of freedom, quite the opposite.

I believe our founding fathers would roll over in their graves if they witnessed Terry Jones do what he did. He should be ashamed of himself. And we should be ashamed of him, not applauding his actions.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
Christ never taught hatred. Don't confuse these fools (and there are a lot of them) with real believers, thank you.

Perhaps you and the people that gave this post a star should actually read everything Jesus said. He taught much on hatred.

Matthew 10:22
And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.

Luke 14:26
If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

Luke 6:22
Blessed are you when men hate you, And when they exclude you, And revile you, and cast out your name as evil, For the Son of Man’s sake

This all means nothing though to the secular humanist. Why is hate bad? Why is anything bad? It's just your lame opinions vs. my lame opinions, no one is right. We are just evolved pond scum, without a moral direction, So stop being intollerant of Koran burnings, and members of this church. By the way, the irony of some of these posts is amusing "Terry Jones should be killed for his hate..." lol

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Beheading and murdering innocent people that were in a foreign country for humanitarian reasons is far worse than burning a book that 1.5/6.5 billion people consider Holy.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

You.....must.....stop....talking....in....choppy....sentences....you....aren't....an.....embattled....superhero....

But seriously, hate begets hate, and instead of continuing on the path of hate, we should be more respectful. Is this how we want the world to see us? As a society of intolerant bigots? Or should they see us as a country of freedom loving individuals?

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by whatukno

Beheading and murdering innocent people that were in a foreign country for humanitarian reasons is far worse than burning a book that 1.5/6.5 billion people consider Holy.

If they were innocent that was wrong. But were they innocent? They were part of NATO. Were they really their for humanitarian reasons? Is the CIA in Libya for Humanitarian reasons?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

So you are saying murder is ok? That bombing thousands of people from the sky makes murder OK? What about gassing people? You can press the button from far away.

Most of the people doing the beheadings in afghanistan are Christians.
edit on 4-4-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
If I had personally caused the brutal murder of good people, I would probably have to crawl away and die. I could not live with myself, that is for sure.

For a so-called religious leader to be defiant in the face of these atrocities - what he did, and what he caused, just shows that he is a leader of hatred, a leader of the division of people, a leader of everything that destroys people.

He is not a follower of Jesus - he is a bigot - and Jesus put bigots right there on the opposition's side.

And to all religions that teach hatred etc - you are an anti-human religion.

To any young person who has not yet been brain-washed, please believe in the principles of love, forgiveness and freedom for everyone on this planet. It does not matter which name it is called.

Anyone who practises hatred and destruction is against everything that is good in this life.

And all we have is this life, right? No-one knows anything else.

Ummm.........please explain.........how is it that burning some paper in Florida.......CAUSES........the brutal murder of people in whateveristan.............Did'nt the individuals in whateveristan have a........choice......to kill or not to kill......or was this man in Florida......"controlling".......them........that must be it....huh....
Terry.......put the mojo on them poor head loppers.....he, pulled every one of their strings......and they never had a.........choice......the simply could'nt.......decide.....because the magik of Terry was.......TOO....powerful...

Do you see how ignorant such a statement is.......?
Do you see that that is precisely what you have stated........?

YouSir

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by YouSir

You.....must.....stop....talking....in....choppy....sentences....you....aren't....an.....embattled....superhero....

Couldn't...stop...laughing...

Star...for...you...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
If a bearded man with a turban burned the bible and said death to america, he would be labeled a terrorist. Terry jones is therefore a terrorist.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm................
.............nuff said

YouSir

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

Hi, You,

Whatever.

I am just glad that you revived my post because it is very important and between the petty squabbles I think it has been overlooked.

And, before you ask, no, I don't think I am very important, I just think I tried to send an important message to young people.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I mean this

Ummmm................you use enlightened........as if you actually knew what it meant......as if you were a subscriber to such a definition......as if.......enlightenment.....held what you have regurgitated in this thread.......within it's definition........typical.
Please........allow me, to be the one that bursts your little.......(and I do mean small).......bubble.
Enlightenment is an.....attainment......one reached through a long road of tolerance, meditation, discovery and compassion......NOT......selective, tolerance and definitely not selective compassion....

Please.......set aside your angst......your "moral" outrage.......your hatred........your bigotry.........when you have lain all of those to rest........when calm and consideration prevails....................respond to my following questions, in a thoughtful, cogent, manner............
What in fact did this man who burned this book.....do.....to you, or to anyone else.....?
Why would you desire to abolish this individuals rights.........to.....murder......him for burning some paper.........?
Are your posts throughout this thread........the true asperations of an enlightened mind.........?

YouSir

no offence

Ummmmm...........what.....no answer to my questions......and no enlightenment either.....

YouSir

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yes, beheading is wrong, it's a terrible thing to do I have repeatedly stated this throughout this thread.

But, burning a book because you want to purposely offend 23% of the worlds population is not exactly a good thing.

I personally know many Muslims, I live in Michigan, we have a large population of Muslims.

Most of my Muslim friends weren't too upset about it, they just thought it was rather ignorant.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I mean this

YouSir

no offence

Ummmmm...........what.....no answer to my questions......and no enlightenment either.....

YouSir

I suffer no fools

why is it that most fit the bill

whyyyyy?
edit on 4-4-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-4-2011 by guessing because: dislpacement refactualisation

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join