It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Large Explosion Filmed in Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

All large explosions have a mushroom cloud of sorts... It's caused by thermal dynamics of the hot fire rising through the debris plume.

Plus, there are no inherit signs of radiation in that blast. There are no vertical lines caused by fission explosives.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
yeah what he said...no fission whatevers!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yep. That's what happens in wars. Big explosions.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
IMO, it was a weapon storage depot. The burning debris tossed up and off to the sides were probably missile warheads, likely SCUDS or similar heavy missile systems.

One thing is for sure: if you were within a half-mile of that explosion you would never have known what hit you.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
stop the imperialism geez, its amazing how the west easily finds any excuse to go to war and occupy any country without them being prosecuted in international court, amazing...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's hard to determine from this video alone, but I didn't see any streaks of light heading to the area before the explosion, so we can't tell if this was from a missile. It may have been an ammo dump going up.

Bunker busters will create a huge dome of earth rising up before you see flames/gases, and I didn't see any sign of that either. (Wikipedia - images of a bunker buster)

This was definitely not an air-burst either.

You notice that they were already filming that particular spot before the explosion, so it stands to reason there was fighting in that area and that was the focus of the videographer. If the fighting involved shelling then they must have hit something like a ammo dump. (if it had been a MOAB or tomahawk, then the videographer would have to be some sort of psychic to know just when and where to point the camera, wouldn't s/he?)

link   
reply to post by ruffagii

That's right, blame a rogue explosion on the West....idiocy at its finest~

link   
This was an intresting explosion the white flash and the massive fireball suggest the unthinkable. That does not mean it has not been thought about... Well look for yourselves...

globalresearch.ca...

A war on Libya has been on the drawing board of the Pentagon for more than 20 years. Using nukes against Libya was first envisaged in 1997.  On April 14th 1986, Ronald Reagan ordered a series of bombings directed against Libya under "Operation El Dorado Canyon", in reprisal for an alleged Libya sponsored terrorist bombing of a Berlin discotheque. The pretext was fabricated. During these air raids, which were condemned by both France and Italy, Qadhafi's residence was bombed killing his younger daughter. Barely acknowledged by the Western media, a planned attack on Libya using nuclear weapons, had been contemplated by the Clinton Administration in 1997, at the height of the Monica Lewinsky scandal.  The Department of Defense had developed a new generation of bunker buster tactical nuclear weapons for use in the Middle East and Central Asia: "Military officials and leaders of America's nuclear weapon laboratories [had] urged the US to develop a new generation of precision low-yield nuclear weapons...which could be used in conventional conflicts with third-world nations."(Federation of American Scientists, 2001, emphasis added)The B61-11 earth-penetrating weapon with a nuclear warhead had not been tested. It was part of the B61 series, coupled with a so-called "low yield" nuclear warhead. According to US military sources: "If used in North Korea, the radioactive fallout [of the B61-11] could drift over nearby countries such as Japan." (B61-11 Earth-Penetrating Weapon, Globalsecurity.org). The B61-11 earth-penetrating version of the B61 was configured initially to have a "low" 10 kiloton yield, 66.6 percent of a Hiroshima bomb, for post-Cold War battlefield operations in the Middle East and Central Asia. 
edit on 31-3-2011 by 5StarOracle because: quote from link above

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

i didnt post just because of this explosion but because of the whole situation there, we all know where its headed, the next iraq

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
pretty sure it wasnt a moab the flash duration was too short to be a moab and it wasn't a nuke i guess you people forget the resulting emp that accompanies one and since it didn't knock out power or the camera

IT WAS DEFINATELY not a nuke

fuel depot or something
edit on 31-3-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Plus, there are no inherit signs of radiation in that blast. There are no vertical lines caused by fission explosives..

These vertical lines you mention, did you realize that they were small rocket propelled sensors designed to detect characteristics of nuclear tests conducted in the 20th century?

Smoke trails are often seen in photographs of nuclear explosions. Left by sounding rockets launched just prior to detonation, these trails allow observation of the blast's normally invisible shock wave in the moments following the explosion.[9]
Source Wikipedia

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that the US possess nuclear weapons much more advanced than what was dropped on Japan.

We have heard so little of nuclear development in the past 40 or 50 years, that alone should make us wonder.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Who agrees with me that the West is doing nothing but occupying countries all around the globe, triggering false revolutions and civil wars and arming both sides while sneakily stealing their natural resources, false flag trigger to go to war, human rights violations, international law violations, human genocide, depopulation, prohibited weapon testing, and next is Libya, syria, jordan, iran. Africa is already fallen in civil war funded by the West, mid-east is their next target and now they are being really successful, they already grabbed eastern europe, south asia, east asia, almost everything but russia and china

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am more inclined to believe a MOAB. Air-burst fuel bomb designed to minimize shrapnel but creates instead a concussive force/blast of a shock-wave.

There is rolling flame that goes way above the site which is really weird. So either there was a large amount of aerosol fuel or whatever they blew up must have had a fuel depot. Maybe it was some sort of combination bunker buster/MOAB weapon? I also see little glitters that might be indicative of ammo cooking off, not sure I can hear any secondary explosions though.

edit on 31-3-2011 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
lets see some more like that from there,
it is entertaining

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
its a modern crusade in disguise of "doing good"

link   
I would say, ammo depot, you can see as the fire rises up multiple mini explosions coming from the fireball. This would be small arms munitions, igniting, and firing as they rise from the force of the blast. Just my .02
Great find!!

link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

I wish there was someone here that could translate what is being said.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
well i guess if you need to hurt anything - you have insecurity issues at best...

...psychopathic at worst!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruffagii
Who agrees with me that the West is doing nothing but occupying countries all around the globe, triggering false revolutions and civil wars and arming both sides while sneakily stealing their natural resources, false flag trigger to go to war, human rights violations, international law violations, human genocide, depopulation, prohibited weapon testing, and next is Libya, syria, jordan, iran. Africa is already fallen in civil war funded by the West, mid-east is their next target and now they are being really successful, they already grabbed eastern europe, south asia, east asia, almost everything but russia and china

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join