It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Large Explosion Filmed in Libya

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Breaking News: Large Explosion Filmed in Libya

tv.globalresearch.ca

Large explosion in Libya captured on film by witnesses today, March 31, 2011.

The source or location of this footage has not yet been confirmed. The origin of the bombing or the nature of the ordnance used remains to be verified.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: [watchdog found that this video was uploaded to youtube on 03/08/11. The source I posted has seemingly misrepresented the date of the explosion. ATS link

edit on 31-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: found out source was misleading sorry

edit on 31-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: added link

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Unknown source of blast or location, just that it is in Libya.

But it seems an extremely large and "upwardly mobile" blast to be regular ordnance just enforcing a no fly zone.

The color and apparent heat seem like at the very least a MOAB has been dropped, or a "bunker-buster" type weapon.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. ETA: (not including those who think we should just glass-over the whole Middle East and all the people there.)

tv.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 31-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm to the point now, let it blow up....all of Libya. Tired of the non-sense coming from that region anyways.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It disturbs me that the cries in the vid
are children and women.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
That was a big explosion.

Could it have been a fuel depot?

x

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

I wonder why the kids are screaming "Yay!"... Mostly crying but i heard a yay...Probably just because that's the only entertainment they have...

Click Me I do Nothing!
edit on 31-3-2011 by xShadow13 because: video

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That was pretty damn big. At first it looked like it was close by, but the amount of time it took for the sound waves to travel indicated that it was pretty far away..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
it looks like Napalm to me.
Or either a fuel dump exploded
as a secondary.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Probably..but who knows?? Then again, who cares. Im sorry if that offends people. But Simply put, Im just tired of all the hype going on in Africa and ME. We have problems right here at home, that need to be rectified before anything else. I think most would agree when it comes to Libya, that was a civil issue. It didn't require big bad countries to come in and save the day. The Libyan people didn't want outside help...what?, do the PTB honestly think that the people in Libya, and the ME are going to lay down their arms, and embrace democracy? Our democracy? Not gonna happen. Countries like that have proven that they can't survive in a free society..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
as a secondary.

not napalm....plus according to this:

but use against civilian populations was banned by the United Nations Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW) in 1980.[citation needed] Protocol III of the CCW restricts the use of all incendiary weapons, but a number of states have not acceded to all of the protocols of the CCW. It is illegal for private citizens to create homemade napalm under these same laws.[citation needed] According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), states are considered a party to the convention, which entered into force as international law in December 1983, if they ratify at least two of the five protocols. The United States, for example, is a party to the CCW but did not sign protocol III.[17]

en.wikipedia.org...

It clearly doesn't " act " like napalm. Napalm is a " wall " of fire, not just straight vertical as depicted.

edit on 31-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Yeah - kill everything - and then the problem will just go away huh?

c'mon MAN - thinking like this is primitive and we gotta evolve to NOT be doing crap like that!

If you're so keen to blow everything up - would you be the one to push the button?

and if you said yes... do you think you could live with that?

Do you think the suicide rate from the "ARMED FORCES" has anything to do with the fact that the "wars" in which they fight - may not be of benefit to anyone apart from those that sell the weapons?

Think about it - we should STOP all ways of thinking how to harm or "blow them up" type scenarios. Period.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
as a secondary.

If you scroll down the page where the video is someone comments that it might be a mini-nuke. I have no earthly idea but it does have a sort of mushroom cloud and there does seem to be a resultant shockwave....which I believe is what makes the children/women scream.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just guessing but possibly an ammo dump or as others have said a fuel dump. There seems to be several other objects shooting off in different directions. Possibly rockets?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

If you're so keen to blow everything up - would you be the one to push the button? and if you said yes... do you think you could live with that?

yup sure could...would sleep like a baby too!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

That was pretty damn big. At first it looked like it was close by, but the amount of time it took for the sound waves to travel indicated that it was pretty far away..

I agree, observing the intial explosion at around 0:02, followed by what looked like the camera person being tossed and people shrieking at around 0:18. The delayed shock looks like the impulse from a distant but very powerful explosion.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

If you're so keen to blow everything up - would you be the one to push the button? and if you said yes... do you think you could live with that?

i wanted the job of pushing the button...can we take turns?..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

here the vid ..it's certainly a big explosion,be good to find out were that was ?

link   
Nothing about the Rommel atomic bomb test yet.
I always wondered if the site can be located.
Someone must know.
There were postcards made up for the occasion with New York under the mushroom cloud.
New York is safe cause a building can always go down to appease the Illuminati.

link   

Originally posted by fatdad

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

i wanted the job of pushing the button...can we take turns?..

sure better yet....we'll push together..as a team! BWAHAHAHA!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Our 'good friends' at RT are saying possible uranium bomb...see embedded vid in top right frame.

Source:

www.realnewsreporter.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join