It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Large Explosion Filmed in Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Looks just like an munitions dump/cache going up.

I have seen plenty of these go up in real life and this looks just like the ones we took out in Afghanistan.

link   
reply to post by xShadow13

Not funny....they were screaming. Yay may mean something else to them....just like the way a word can mean one thing in the U.S. and something else in Britain. That had to be so scary for those kids....
edit on 31-3-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

link   
Found a similar explosion from an ammo dump in Albania.www.liveleak.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Honest question: How does one tell the difference between an ammo dump going up and a tactical low-yield generation 4 nuke? Some of these ammo dump films have me wondering.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wow, nice hit.

I vote ammo dump or fuel depot. They would have stationed anti air defense guns around them and that is probably why the camera person was shooting in that direction, heard the gunfire.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm going with arms and/or fuel depot.I seriously doubt it was a nuke, even a small one....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ok I am pretty sure I saw this EXACT same explosion video the very first day of the start of this whole mess. The video was twice as long and ended up with a kid crying near the camera and sounded like he was scared after he realized how close it was. Even the plume looks exactly the same, almost unmistakable considering the duck-like shape at the top AND later in the video it points off to another direction and there was a similar explosion. I can't find the video at the moment, but I will keep looking. My point is, this is NOT breaking news in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Well you will have to impeach the original source then, posted in the OP. Let us know what you find and I will ask the mods to close the thread if your sources are better.

Fair Enough?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruffagii
stop the imperialism geez, its amazing how the west easily finds any excuse to go to war and occupy any country without them being prosecuted in international court, amazing...
.... Don't question the bully, he'll flatten you. Much easier to be the bully's friend.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Honest question: How does one tell the difference between an ammo dump going up and a tactical low-yield generation 4 nuke? Some of these ammo dump films have me wondering.

A tactical nuke still has a massive shockwave and fireball compared to conventional weapons, larger than a MOAB or Daisycutter.

Other key elements:
EMP, which would knockout power over a large area.
Radiation, which can be picked up by sensors all over the world just like the radiation from the Japanese reactors.
Flash, which will spontaneously ignite combustibles close by and blind people further out.

If someone has a video where there's an explosion that blackouts an area, including kncoking out cars, cameras, watches, etc, plus people running around screaming because they are blind, and materials like paper have spontaneously combusted, that would probably be a nuke.
edit on 31/3/11 by MikeboydUS because: have

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Found it. Uploaded to youtube on March 08, 2011, so it did not happen yesterday or today. Wasn't trying to be nasty, just stating this is not "breaking news" and that I follow this very closely considering my hubby is deployed right now.and what the ramifications could be for him in the months to come. And I knew I had seen it way before today. This link is below.

Youtube Link

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

What info is this based on?

Sorry, but I just have a problem with people pretending that the US has actually declassified all the things it can do with nuclear radiation, including and especially bombs that utilizes nuclear reactions.

One of the very first rules, if not THE first rule of warfare than Sun Tzu laid out so many hundreds of years ago, was that all warfare is based on deception. When you forget that, you have forgotten the most basic military mentality.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Those vertical lines often seen in nuke videos aren't actually from the nuke itself...lines are put up beforehand for measurement reasons. When the nuke goes off, they basically vaporize.

That is pretty crazy though, hitting a fuel dump might be what it was.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Thanks! I searched ATS for this info but did not find.
If it's only on youtube I'll let mods decide to close the thread or not.
The OP source is usually pretty good IMO, maybe they need to retract the breaking news date. I see that on some sites occassionally.

Best wishes to you and your hubby who is deployed.

ETA: wait a minute, didn't we attack Libya starting on the 19th of March? What's going on here, anybody?
edit on 31-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: WTH?

ETA: either coalition was there before we were told, or rebels had some massive stuff blowing up....
edit on 31-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: more info

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thanks. And yes, I too didn't think it had been almost a month since "we" had gone in to Libya, just a couple of weeks at most. I remember seeing the video a little over a week ago, on ATS actually, but cannot remember the source and still having problems finding it and can't remember the description given in the "news source" of what it was except that I think it was in Benghazi. The video, like I said before, was at least twice as long and panned to the right where there was another explosion and you could hear the kid crying and a parent type person trying to console them. And it was posted the day this began or the day after. So I too am stumped at the "upload"date on youtube. I think I remember something about Qaddhafi blowing up the oil depots, so I guess that could have been it. But I have to add, if anyone thinks that we don't have boots on the ground there now (special ops) or WAY before all this started, you are clueless. We have had boots on the ground and special ops in there for a while now. How do you think those guys on the subs and stuff off the coast got the coordinates and where to aim the missiles???? Makes you think doesn't it lol.

ETA: Guess that makes Obama's statement about "We will not have boots on the ground in Libya" an outright lie doesn't it lol?
edit on 31-3-2011 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The rebels were fighting before March 19th. Thousands of people had been killed, some urban centers were devastated and a few military bases had been blown up by the time we started bombing.

Its one of the main reason we intervened. Had all of that not been going on, we wouldn't have intervened.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Its not even a that big of explosion anyone with a IRL military has conventional weapons that out boom this ... Why are people saying nuke ?

edit on 31-3-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Explosion at Weapons Depot in Benghazi, 05/03/2011
www.youtube.com...=28

edit

www.agi.it...
www.hindustantimes.com...
edit on 31-3-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

You are what's called a sociopath.

That kind of behavior warrants psychological assistance.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is horrible. Whats sad is that the civilians are the ones who really suffer and alot of these people dont want war and suffering like the rest of us. well most of us.......... I hope.......

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join