It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI asks public for help breaking encrypted notes tied to 1999 murder

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

what black person have you EVER seen called ricky Mcormick...

Stereotype or profile much ?

After following sources for this case for most of the day , I can say YES , he was a black man . Although I'm not sure why that question was asked to begin with .

How can you read a name and tell us what race or ethnicity that person is ?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
you know if the FBI really wants this cracked they need to give a little bit more of a background on the guy, i mean come on nothing pops up but this article.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

Enough high-horsing. I too had reasons to believe the man was black. It's not stereotyping so much as trying to understand the language used. Most white folk, unless they are wiggers, do not use the word 'tewe'...which means a 'cool' person. I am black, I am not offended by the question...high-horsin' mofo's.

Edit: and obviously the folk that did pick up on the perception or possibility that the victim was black are further down the path of solving this than those that get thrown off by considering political-correctness of innocent yet insightful questions. Grow up folks...BLACK BLACK BLACK, Whatcya gonna do?

edit on 30-3-2011 by truthseeker69 because: added edit: section

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm sure the FBI has already asked for help from the DoD, NSA, CIA, NI, etc.... Seems to be unsolvable or close to it if they are asking the public.
The info contained within the cypher,I feel, cannot be that important seeing they had it from 1999. It is interesting tho.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Everyone needs to go back to page 4 of this thread and read the post by MikeBoss. He has posted some comments from a yahoo user who seems have made some serious headway in solving the puzzle. It's very interesting.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker69

EXCUSE me ? High-horsing ?

One member asked if the victim was black , another member asked him how many times he had seen a black man with a "WHITE" name , and I simply replied that I had confirmed that the victim was indeed black , THEREBY showing what a FALLACY it is to try to say what race a person is by reading their name , and that I failed to see how the original question was relevant to start with , AND THEN , you want to come and accuse me of high-horsing ????????????????????????????????????? !

I take it READING COMPREHENSION is not one of your best suits ? A little dose of that would have made you aware that I didn't post my reply in response to the original question , but posted it in response to the guy who said the guy couldn't be black because he had a "scot" name . Which I found to be totally absurd .

I think you might be a bit confused as to which one of us is actually on the high-horse .

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

Tone it down rerun. Are you more upset that you were wrong about the race of the victim or the fact that I accused anyone of the oh so shameful and criminal crime of high-horsing? Get off it. Let's get this show back on track.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ok heres what we know...
1. Every line separated by ( ) is a new detail

2. He was found in a police station field

3. PO means to be given medication orally

4. ALPNTE GLSE - SE ERTE VLSE MTSE - CTSE - WSE - FRTSE refers to a mental institution and a phone number. 5400 - ARSENAL STREET - (314) 877-6400

5.PO [Susan] DEPUE refers to a nurse that has worked there during 2006-2010 but maybe was doing clinical during 1999 when the victim was a patient there.

6. In the start of a line its 35 maybe in reference to the fire station across the street from the institution. (5450 Arsenal street, St Louis MO)

7. There is a police station only 30 seconds away from the institution with a large field behind it. (3157 Sublette Avenue, Saint Louis, MO)

8. See XL? He's talking about medications because I've gone through this where pharmacies think XR instead of XL, or EL, and that could cause you a serious health problem).

9. Victim was born in 1958

10. The police station is 499 feet away from the institution going directly south.
Thanks to MikeBoss and the person on the yahoo boards for this information.
edit on 30-3-2011 by onedrkflame because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr
[more

Decrypted, the note simply says, " DON'T FORGET TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE!"

2nd line

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by personal stalker
reply to post by toolstarr
[more

Decrypted, the note simply says, " DON'T FORGET TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE!"

2nd line

Said that last page www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would like to see other examples of this guys work
Being that he did this when he was younger. Would give more clues to
his style.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Are you more upset that you were wrong about the race of the victim

Care to show how and where you came up with the perception that I was wrong about the race of the victim ?

C'mon , show me where I said anything at all that alluded to my perception of his race , other than the above post that you replied to . Can't do it , can you ?

And yet , you have the gall to tell me to 'tone it down' ?

Edit :

obviously the folk that did pick up on the perception or possibility that the victim was black are further down the path of solving this

Ummm , yea right , I guess the FBI and local law enforcement failed to notice the victim was a black man , otherwise they would be further down the path of solving this , and wouldn't be asking for help from the public .

edit on 30-3-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
no matter how hard the code is to break i do not believe the fbi and all the other agencies could not decipher it.if he had been writing these codes since he was young then they would have found other codes am sure his home would have had note pads etc with these notes/codes ,i think this is some sort of recruitment ploy or possibly a trap of some kind .so far i think the quote from the yahoo user is pretty good also could say the same for the theory of being a drug dealers code but it must be pretty important if they are willing to release this to the public and ask for help ,i mean cia/mi5/fbi etc break thousands of codes each year involving a lot higher stakes so giving they have obviously done a lot of homework on the victims life then i cant believe they cant decipher the code no matter how complex .can they not put it into one of those super duper computers the size of my house ,id hate for darker forces to get a hold of the key to this code if even the fbi cant solve it ,why would they show a weakness , if a terrorist group/country deciphers this code then they can send messages knowing they cant figure it out its like a boxer saying hes got a blind spot .

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

Exactly , the FBI is only interested in finding a key for a code that they have been unable to decipher for 12 years . This probably has nothing whatsoever to do with a murder investigation , as the original news reports stated that the victim 'probably' died from natural causes , no cause of death had been determined by the ME , there were no wounds from gunshot nor knife , but yet they were treating it as a homicide at the time although there was no signs of foul play .

Edit : Here is what the Daily Mail says about it . I see they are referring to it as a "grissly murder" . Kind of odd , since the original reports were that the ME couldn't determine the cause of death .

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 30-3-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReRun

I am sorry sir but whenever I come across the name "Hu Yu Hai Ding," I will have to assume the person is of Asian descent. Just try not taking everything that everyone says, so seriously. Personally when I hear the name DeShawn or Jamal, I assume they are at least dark skinned and have been correct 100% of the time so far I believe

Hu Yu Ding actually has a pretty funny meaning to it, for a name.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
First paragraph means location of mental institution / PO Depue / medication in high dosage.

ALPNTE GLSE - SE ERTE
YLSE MTSE-CTSE-WSE-FRTSE
PWRTRSEONPRSEWLD NCBE
NWLDXLRCMSP NE WLD STS ME XL
DULMT6TUNSE NCBEX_

(_BNSAISTENBU NARSE)
KLSE-LKSTE-TRSE-TRSE-MKSEN-MRSE
(SAEBNSESE N _BSE)

NMNRCB_NSEPTE2PTEWSREB____
36 MLSE 74 SPRKSE 29KENO8OLE 175 RTRSE
856LE CIGSE OVNUTXEBKRSE PSESHLE
651 MTCSE HTLSE NCUTCTRS NMRF
99.84.5 2UNE PLSE VCRSE AOLTSEN SKSENBSE
VSTREONSE PVTSE WCDUCBE (3XORL)

NMSE NRSE INRNTRLERCBANSENTSRCRSNE
LSPNSEJGSPSEMKSERBSENCBEAVXCR
HM CAENMRENCBE 1/2MUNDPLSE

D-W-M, $MPL XORLX

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

Rerun, you have to grow up brother. You are right, you were too weak-minded to assert any race for the victim. As for the FBI needing help, they need help and for those of us actually trying to figure this out....well, we don't need your absolute ignorance and weakness telling people that his race doesn't matter. I see that you are kind of a loose cannon, so I will refrain from fueling this red herring. I will say that the post of yours that I replied to was the last in the topic about the victim's race, and I intended the high-horsing and political correctness comment to anyone that thought his race (or blackness) wasn't a factor.

He got evicted from his slum hole in 1999. He still owed his landlady back rent and court costs (look it up) judgment date May 14, 1999...only a handful of weeks before he was found dead. I would love to hear from someone from St. Louis that could go to the locations in question.

www.courts.mo.gov... terms: Ricky McCormick 1999

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
In searching in the archives for the St Louis Post-Dispatch, I found a series of articles that say four bodies were dumped in the same area during a six year stretch. In 2001, two nude women were found in a space of two weeks about 16 feet from each other (separate times).

This story seemed odd to me -- why is the FBI interested in this twelve year old murder case? I don't know if all the cases are related, but it would lend support to a reason the FBI is so interested. The code itself could be superfluous to the investigation. Instead, the FBI may just be using this is a marketing ploy to get information, maybe about a possible serial killer, or mob or gang.

The FBI intentionally has left much information out. It is obvious the "code" is some sort of personal shorthand and without more details about the person who wrote them, nearly impossible to decipher. I think this is getting the media attention they wanted to try and solve a larger case.
edit on 30-3-2011 by sefira306 because: shorten linked page

edit on 30-3-2011 by sefira306 because: removed long link

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeterPond

Originally posted by ReRun

I am sorry sir but whenever I come across the name "Hu Yu Hai Ding," I will have to assume the person is of Asian descent. Just try not taking everything that everyone says, so seriously. Personally when I hear the name DeShawn or Jamal, I assume they are at least dark skinned and have been correct 100% of the time so far I believe

Hu Yu Ding actually has a pretty funny meaning to it, for a name.

Never assume anything.... I think we all know the rest.

edit on 3/30/2011 by AuWolf because: error

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Actually, he and a co-defendant, Sandra Jones (girlfriend maybe), were given a judgment of about $900; the plaintiff was the Housing Authority. It was never satisfied apparently. The address (1400 CHOUTEAU ST LOUIS, MO 63103-0000) is a few blocks from the Poplar Street Bridge. I am not familiar with St Louis at all, no idea what the neighborhood is like; that is is a slum is an assumption. On Google Earth, it appears to be a nice area...the Housing Authority building is across the street.

There is also a Ricky McCormick sentenced in January, 1992, to the Dept. of Corrections for 3 years for sexual assault, from what I can tell child sexual assault. (If anyone can confirm that Felony C RSMo: 566.040 is such). Can't confirm that either of these are the same person in the FBI case.

edit on 30-3-2011 by sefira306 because: identify plaintiff in reference case

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Note 1 text:

(MND NXNE A RSE-N-S-M- UN ARE) (ACSM)

TFRNE N8TNSE NPBSE RCBBNSE NPRSE INC
PRSE NMRSE 8PRE-WLD ENLDNCBE (TFXLF TCXLN CBE)
AL-PRPPIT XLY PPIY NCBE MGKSE WLD RCBE NSE PRSE
WLD RCB RNSE N T SGNENTRSE - CRSLE - CITRSE WLD NCBE
AL WLD NCRETEME LRSE RLSE-R GLSNE AS N WLD NCBE
(NDPFSE NLSRE NCDG) NTE GDDMNSEN CUREREBRNE

(TENE TFRNE NCRQ TSE NCBE ING)

(FIRSE PASE ONDE 71 NCBE)

(CDNSE PRSE ONSE 74 NCBE)

(PRTSG TRSE ON REDE 75 NCBE)

(TF NACMSP SOLE MRDE LUSE TOTE WLDN WLD NCBE)

(194 WLD's NCBE) (TRFXL)

Note 2 text:

ALPNTE GLSE-SE ER+E
YLSE MTSE-CSTE-WSE-FRTSE
PURTRSE ONDRSE WLD NCBE
N WLD XLR CMS? NE WLD STS ME XL

DULMT 6 TUNSE NCBEXC

(MuNSA I STENMU NARSE)

KLSE-LRSTE-TR SE-TRSE-MKSE N-MRSE

(FREENSE SE N MRSE)

NMN RCBX NSE PTE 2 PTE WSRC BREXE
36 MLSE 74 SPRKSE 29 KENOS OLE + 73 RTRSE