It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI asks public for help breaking encrypted notes tied to 1999 murder

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr

FBI asks public for help breaking encrypted notes tied to 1999 murder

news.yahoo.com

In what seems like a throwback to the still-unsolved Zodiac killings that terrorized the San Francisco Bay Area in the 1970s, the FBI has sent out a public appeal for amateur sleuths to help solve a key cryptographic clue in a 1999 murder case.

On June 30, 1999, police officers in St. Louis, Missouri found the body of 41-year-old Ricky McCormick, who'd been murdered and dumped in a field. The only clues investigators recovered from the scene were two encrypted notes stuffed into the victim's pockets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

In my up and coming tv series,'Children of the Born' the Zodiac killer will be explained in details,the real zodiac killer died 3 years ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I ran this title through ats search first and got nothing so I posted...

I then find this thread here... agh...

OP my apologies.... I will add the information from my thread as an apology to you

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7c5351a2af4.jpg[/atsimg]

f[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8b0c57cd272.jpg[/atsimg]

and

FBI releases

03/29/11

On June 30, 1999, sheriff’s officers in St. Louis, Missouri discovered the body of 41-year-old Ricky McCormick. He had been murdered and dumped in a field. The only clues regarding the homicide were two encrypted notes found in the victim’s pants pockets.

Despite extensive work by our Cryptanalysis and Racketeering Records Unit (CRRU), as well as help from the American Cryptogram Association, the meanings of those two coded notes remain a mystery to this day, and Ricky McCormick’s murderer has yet to face justice.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I love this thread! It just seems that one can almost decipher it, doesn't it? I was paying especial attention to the 4-5 lines that end in a number then NCBE. What came to mind was either Street Names (the numbers--like 74th Street, for instance), Train Station numbers or Route Numbers coming into and around the city--something along those lines. What also came to mind was that NCBE could mean North Central something...
Thanks for sharing this... Now back to the task at hand...
edit on 30-3-2011 by Habit4ming because: keyboard sticking

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The guy never finished highschool who knows how much he learned when he was there. Probly never really learned to spell. But to remember things he still had to take notes. Now pronounce things don't try to decode them.

ALPNTE GLSE - SE ERTE

Apartment glass south east entry?

edit on 30-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You think they would have a hand writing analyst type out word for word what each character is before asking for help..

You could have the smartest person in the world working on this for no results if they can't read the damn thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Im sure Albert Einstien would of got fed up with Helen Keller to. But somebody put there self in her shoes and tryed to find out what she wanted.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I see (NCBE) every where! this is going to drive me nuts!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sefira306

I humbly disagree senfira. On that court page it says: Judgment entered against the defendants.

Date: 05/14/1999 Description: Judgment Entered Against: MCCORMICK, RICKY
Amount of Judgment: see text Date of Satisfaction: not yet on file
Text: CONSENT JUDGEMENT OFF RECORD: $905.02

and the same for Jones.

The slum comment was based on a conversation I had with someone that claimed they "knew the area" in the early 2000's...perhaps it has been updated/cleaned up.

So could he afford to pay his rent or did he just receive a judgment check from the HA? How much money did he have on him? Wallet? Where did he work or was he on disability...or a dealer or a gambler? I know I am going to continue looking into this.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think pg 1 and pg 2 are different codes. pg1 will take one set of codes to crack and pg 2 another. look at pg 1. I can only find one K in the whole letter. Now K must be a letter not used offten like V,Z,X,Q,U

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Info I found through an online detective service that I subscribe to :

9 MCCORMICK, RICKY C 19580614 SEXUAL ABUSE FIRST DEGREE MO
First Name RICKY Middle Name C Last Name MCCORMICK
Primary Address N/A City N/A State N/A
ZIP Code N/A Phone Number N/A Date of Birth 19580614
Race BLACK Court ST. LOUIS CITY Source State MO
Offense SEXUAL ABUSE FIRST DEGREE Gender MALE

Primary Address N/A City N/A State MO
ZIP Code N/A Phone Number N/A Date of Birth N/A
Street 2852A PENNSYLVANIA ST LOUIS Court 22ND JUDICIAL CIRCUIT Source State MO
Offense 1104000 SEXUAL ASSAULT [ FELONY C RSMO: 566.040 ](1) Disposition GUILTY PLEA

Offense (1) Disposition CASEFILE TRANF GRANDJURY IN'___'

6 MCCORMICK, RICKY C N/A (2) MO
Offense (2) Disposition CASEFILE TRANF GRANDJURY IN'___'

There are other entries , but these are the only ones that can be verified as being the same age as the victim at death .

And he does not show up in the Social Security Death Index , but that doesn't mean anything .

www.advanced.netdetective.net...
edit on 30-3-2011 by ReRun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

according to the press, the family concluded the code was written not by the killer but by the dead guy... adding a little more mystery to its relevancy... but another twist being he dropped out of high school and wasnt really into math...

on the limb
given the code complexity i'd say he wasn't the architecture of its format, and i'd consider he was told what to write possibly by the killer. also I sense some nervousness in the hand writing and quickness, the only mistake I noticed was at the very very beginning, wouldn't you use another sheet or turn it over...

and

very confusing with no spaces and more numbers then in a typical paragraph would contain... so a typical bit shift like +2, a=c 1=3, wouldn't likely be the answer.. I feel a bit shift using ascii format like chr(65)=A might be more possible

I would also consider brackets to build a part of a word maybe a letter at a time...

given cryptos cant solve it, my guess is its maybe something not in a book...

just a example what would be worth a shot
[abcdefghijkl]
add ascii values of
a+b+c+d+e+f+g+h+I+j+k+L=x
x/12=z
chr(z)=a ascii code for a letter or number

given the case was in the 90's computers where pretty much widely available
the odds of the killer or victim being a math genius verse a computer programmer holds its odds to the later..

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is probably one of those codes that cannot be broken unless the person knows the original keyword.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by static-override
I think it might be relied to morse code. If you take the top or bottom of each letter or signs, you have . or - which could be transformed in morse code.

this is just an idea

I just started to check this out with the second line because I am not sure of every letter in the first row and I am using the bottom of each letter as a reference to morse code

TFRNENIT
Could be -> TF -> .. = i
R and the first part of N -> ... = s
second part of N and E -> .- =a
N and I -> ... = s
T and N -> .. = s

etc...

would give "is ass"

edit on 30-3-2011 by static-override because: (no reason given)

Ok, that's a stretch. LOL, but funny just the same.
Second line.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i am going for them being remote viewing coordinates

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
good afternoon.
this is my first post on this forum. i've been looking for a quality forum with intelligent positions and i think i have found something of quality. so good to meet you all.

i have gathered several observations to this case. in the notes there are several codes which are common among the psych health department. i have read in other locations and found that some of his commentary is related to his medication, logs, episodes, etc...

sorry this is brief but i'm on my way to a late lunch. just had to share my .02.

lastly i have these questions and facts about the individual.

why is the fbi interested? it was an apparent homicide, with very little evidence. within a time margin of 20 years there have been several other homicides where the body was left very close proximity to this case... related??? (as mentioned above in this post).

someone mentioned that probably all federal intel agencies are involved; this is probably a false statement- if you know anything about any of our intel agencies.

the man was suffering some kind of mental illness; in my opinion bi-polar because of the med references he noted.

why was he writing in such a fashion?
-was he illiterate and formed his own language that only he could decifer? i don't think so because he used (albeit random) english letters, numbers, (, etc...
-was he part of any kind of society where there was an internal doctrine/language that only they knew of? possibly so, if you know the Masons or related groups all have their own "short-hand" which only members can decifer.

why was he murdered? if it was a family member or someone that new him; 99% of these cases the approach of the murder is very personal (gunshot wound to the face, stabbing to the front of the body, etc...). His cause of death from what I've gathered was at least heavy trauma to the back of the skull. So I guess there was little signs of struggle...? Either it was a sudden, unexpected attack, or it may have been someone he knew, and falls into the 1% of personal homicides. I haven't read the reports but I'm assuming he was attacked with a hard object from the back (piece of wood, bat, similar hard object)... possibly a mob hit? May have been gang related? When I mention this I picture an intentional attack on the victim.
(i will indeed add some references to some of my commentary later today)
Again thanks for the forum, very intriguing.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It also said in the article that he had wrote these codes from early age so I don,t think the code has anything to do with the killer unless of course he had known the killer from an early age as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here is another site where the members are coming up with some theories of their own . Go on over there and check it out . There are some pretty intelligent members over there who are posting things that I don't see posted here yet .

www.websleuths.com...

A post from that site by member "sfbaynancydrew" :

Cutting & Pasting old articles since there is no link to them:

AW & ORDER.(Metro)(Law & Order Column)
Article from: St Louis Post-Dispatch (MO) | July 1, 1999 | Anthony, Shane | Copyright
The partly decomposed body of a black man was found Wednesday afternoon by a woman driving along a path on the edge of a cornfield in the West Alton area. The man appeared to have suffered an injury to the head, officials with the St. Charles County Sheriff's Department said. Authorities are treating the death as suspicious.
Lt. Craig McGuire said the body is that of a black man whose age could not be determined immediately. He had been dead for about three days.
The Sheriff's Department has asked the Major Case Squad to …

LAW & ORDER.(News)(Law & Order Column)
Article from: St Louis Post-Dispatch (MO) | July 3, 1999 | Copyright
WEST ALTON
Man found near field may have died naturally
The Major Case Squad was wrapping up its investigation Friday into the death of Ricky McCormick, 41, whose body was found Wednesday near a cornfield off Highway 367 near West Alton.
Maj. Tom O'Connor said medical examiners had not been able to determine a cause of death, and the 18 people working the case had found no evidence of a crime. The squad was turning the investigation back to the St. Charles County Sheriff's Department.
A woman driving along a field road near Highway 367 west of West Alton discovered McCormick's body Wednesday afternoon. Officials have said McCormick suffered from chronic …
BODY FOUND IN FIELD NEAR WEST ALTON PUZZLES POLICE: NO CAUSE OF DEATH DETERMINED YET, BUT IDENTITY IS KNOWN. CASE IS TREATED AS A HOMICIDE.(St. Charles County Post)
Article from: St Louis Post-Dispatch (MO) | July 2, 1999 | Anthony, Shane | Copyright
Authorities know the identity of a man found dead near West Alton on Wednesday afternoon, but they have a lot of unanswered questions.
The body of Ricky McCormick, 41, who had addresses in St. Louis, Belleville and Fairview Heights, was found near a cornfield by a woman driving along a field road near Highway 367.
But how McCormick died and ended up where he did is still a mystery.
Maj. Tom O'Connor of the Major Case Squad said authorities were treating the suspicious death as if it were a homicide. A medical examiner has not been able to determine an exact cause of death yet. An initial medical examination found no obvious gunshot or knife wounds, …

edit on 30-3-2011 by ReRun because: eta

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
(This post was also made in the other forum topic about this....www.abovetopsecret.com... or move if need be...)
Its shorthand....I did my best.... this is the first page....

(I worked off a typed version of the "code" here:
www.teamliquid.net...)

I have some links thrown in from the searches I made, I basically threw everything together....I know, I know,... its prolly all bull#....)

L01: the time of of MaN alone in the universe .its over for all of us...

L02: its time to change certain beliefs and principles

L03:
people versed in prehistoric knowledge of ebe's (TF X LFTC X LN CBE)

L04:
All world proprietary, banks and corporations, are now a Washington DC enterprise

L05:
the world will need a new kind of semantics to adapt its culture to the Ebe's

L06:
all Chemical and Biological Engineering and research in the world have stemmed from ebe's

L07:
(NO progress from the Center for biofilm Engineering) Negative Thermal Expansion found by Gaseous detection

devices, the search for a "CURE" is being studied CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and

Enhanced Conventional Weapons).

L08:
"Sacrificium missaticum : mysterium iniquitatis : or, A treatise concerning the sacrifice of the masses by Mr.

HENRY PENDLEBURY, was turned into a Cognitive-Behavioral Play Therapy, it was unable to continue processing

due to erroneous logic. This was tested in a planned community, BElNQ

www.google.com... II.pdf&rct=j&q=BElNQ&ei=A52TTfCDCMz3gAeA5PTWCA&usg=AFQjCNFsjq-FScWvBZ6OK0nA4IW8ogPrPw&cad=rja

L09:
(references?)
(FLR Spectron((telecommunications needs) - Chemical and Biological Engineering
71N
ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS: PRINCIPLE AND APPLICATION TO MODEL
Stochastic Inferential Control of the Fluidized State Via Differential Pressure Measurements

www.colorado.edu...

L10:
(references?)
(Content delivery network SEPQSEONSDE74 NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON Biotechnology and the Environment )

Orfeu Flores-Founder and CEO of GRUPO STAB (group of 7 companies covering environment, biotechnology,

biomedicine and information technologies), Portugal, 2000

investing.businessweek.com...

North West Leicestershire District, ENG
Towns/Areas in DE74:
# Castle Donington, Derbyshire
# Diseworth, Leicestershire
# Hemington, Leicestershire
# Isley Walton, Leicestershire
# Kegworth, Leicestershire
# Lockington, Leicestershire

L11:
(references?)
Protection/production Qualification Test results - Chemical and Biological Engineering

cancerres.aacrjournals.org...

www.google.com... hpv%2520vaccine%2520cancer.pdf&rct=j&q=RED%20E7%20dna&ei=7qmTTfywFsfTgQeEwoG1CA&usg=AFQjCNG7gKfjiDAjIbhzt0NnPvse0b4ATw&as_acct=3slg0che9&cr=69z4dt5yzs

L12:
Potential Energy FUnctions for an Intramolecular proton transfer from the ground and excited state,

www.google.com... emical&ei=462TTZKrCZHfgQfel_G9CA&usg=AFQjCNHj0FEm43FUHPbnOJ_j6b0Erz6vGQ&as_acct=u70b8j2531d&cr=2hvg58yrdv88

according a diluted mathematics tote board by the Worker Co-operative Developers' Network of the Wildlife

disease and management Chemical and Biological Engineering)

Third Frontier Network County Medical Services Program

L13:
proceding of the Ocean's drilling program, Volume 194 Scientific Results, COnstraining Miocene Sea level

change from carbonate PLatform evolution, Marion Plateau, Northeast Australia

www.google.com... %20science&ei=oLGTTdTTIYLpgAf58bnACA&usg=AFQjCNEmxsz0vi7EypzjLd2GCCucPEgLXQ&as_acct=0w7k3ynycezu2&cr=8x48emg9w

- Chemical and Biological Engineering

Thyrotropin-releasing hormone (trh-b)

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

edit on 30-3-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
He saw Mr De lose his tote or briefcase. Did Mr De make a drop off?

This guy or one of his close friends got busted by the feds. They then talked this guy into getting them information. This guy was a smoothe talker and probly said the right things. While he was following people or person he got killed. He didn't have a high shcool education but managed to take notes in his own style to remember where people went and what they did. The feds probly would never admit he was a informant but they probly feel the need to find out what happened to him.

I keep seeing things that look like directions and then he starts to take notes on what hes seeing but I can't make alot of it out because he didn't spell things out or use proper sentences just notes of the main words which im sure he understood but nobody else would. The circles seem to be different occasions of following and reporting.

Just my take on this.

highway 71, highway 74, highway 75, all come together in Cincinnati, OH was this guy mixed up in some interstate smuggling with MR De?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Some of the letters are hard to make out. This is what I see in the first note minus the parenthesis and spaces. I typed it in capitol letters for what reason I am not sure? Some of these might be other letters or numbers?

MADNKNEARSENSPAKNABE

TFRNENPTNSENPBSERCBBNSENPRSEINC

ALPRPPITXLYPPIYNCBEMGKSEWCORCBRNSEPRSE

WLDRCBRNSENTOGNEOTXSECPSLECTTRSEWLDNCBE

ALWCPNCBETGMELRSERLSEURGLSNEASNWLDNCBE

CNOPFSENLSRENCBENTEGDDMNSENCURERCBRWE

CTENETFRNENCBRTSENCBEIWW

CFLRSEPASEONDE71NCBE

CDWSEPASEONSDE74NCBE

PQTSEPRSEONREDE75NCBE

TFURCMSPSOLEMRDELUSETOTEWCDNWLDNCBE

194WLDSNCBETRFXL
edit on 29-3-2011 by jaynkeel because: fix typo

Pardon me if someone has already mentioned this, but the last 3 sets of numbers appear to be longitudinal...

71NCBE = 71 N
74NCBE = 74 N
75NCBE = 75 N

Perhaps? The fact that CBE follows either means the same encrypted values are used and crypto'd the same way, or they are abbreviations or anagrams for something else. The numbers jumped right out at me and I think they represent something significant, not just random numbers thrown in for convenience or as part of the cryptography itself.

~Namaste

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join