It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats my motivation again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
Everyone comes at "it" differently. It is good to encourage others to experience something similar to what you write and have experienced given your limited understanding.. but by defining their experience by what you have experienced, there may be very un-natural feelings about it because someone else may need to experience it completely differently than you. If you were to speak about how you personally experience the experiential concepts, not the mental contexts, it might be more open-ended as a discussion. An applicable quote is "give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach him to fish and he will eat a lifetime." It is the spirit of exploration, applied to our own perspective, that yields all of this. Perhaps, nurturing and elaborating on that action instead of the personal result (which is written about here) will allow others to grow more appropriately in their own directions.

i feel the true variation in different systems is greater than you are allowing for in your presented contexts.

You also must realize, you cant just "wake people up." Its a personal choice that others may have an influence in, but in the end, its up to us as individuals as to whether we will grow or not. Thats the whole deal with free will. So, there is only so much one can do, and if they do that with the best of their ability, no one can ask for more.

Doing nothing is a crime in my eyes. I have already done what you ask for in 8-9 other various thread attempts. Your attack is more of a waste of time than you believe this thread to be. If you dont see why then read your own post here. If one person needed to hear these words to "wake up" as you said then it is completely worth it and I will not allow this disrespect to continue.

My intentions, once again, are in line, and I am aware of what I am doing. I aslo am aware of what it can seem like so if you are in fact "woke up" friend please go and do your job and stop countering my efforts here.

People need help and where they find it is also their choice. This may or may not be the way for you but I assure you there will be more than a few thankful posts in this thread from those who "got it"

I put a lot of work into these threads and since my understanding is so limited how about you start a thread and do a better job. I would love to see that.

You know Im sure that you think I was being condencending with that last sentence but that is proving my point here.

I really would love to see you doing better than me and waking more people up than me instead of criticising the methods of your fellow waker uperers wasting "precious" time. lol....Just focus on getting them up and not the mehtode of getting there. I dont care if yours is better than mine as long as your using it because while you were writing this hate massage you were not.

come on people.......hear me......Im not here to hurt you....Im here to lend a hand...maybe even two....how bout a foot up the.......lol jk

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
After reading your post I say I enjoyed your writing it was fun to travel your instructions with my imagination.

I think the audience you are aiming this at would lack the attention span to even traverse half your opening post though to be honest.

Good luck on your mission :-)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan

Your ego has nothing useful for us.

Your SELF is us.

You say its one of you main messages, but perhaps you need to go deeper into it if this is where it has led you.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Lol. Yeah the ego is not the SELF.

Ego cannot manifest change on that level. But the SELF could. The problem is, the SELF is not as bothered by 'what is" as ego is.

Are you really trying to say that you reached it already because I know what you can do when you turn it on and you wouldnt be sitting at your computer if you did. Lets just be real about it...

I may not of gotten there yet but at least Im trying to help others on my way without lying to myself.

This is a logical thing Im speaking of and trying to accomplish and walking the path with everyone else oh mighty person way ahead of me.....

I may have info that can help many people but those people that I will be able to help will have the answers that I dont and so will play their own equal part in all of this.

Ego has no place here anymore so please check it at the door....lol

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Im trying very unsuccessfully trying hard to point something out that can not be told directly or else it will be pushed to the side as not important but directly related to what I wish to bring out into the open.

There is no lack of posters on ATS trying to present ideas which they consider important and of great potential benefit for others.

I belive that the eastern saying, "when the student is ready, the teacher appears", applies here, meaning that whoever on this forum is ready to benefit from your message, will do so.

If you are hoping to bring benefit to a much larger audience with your words, then perhaps reconsider the venue?

Okay...I will....

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by eathis

I didn't read the rest of your post because I couldn't get any clear intentions out of the first paragraph so decided this 'test' or what have you wasn't meant for me. From the first paragraph my impressions were it's some sort of gauging of others for whatever reason may benefit. I didn't know that if I read the whole of your post (which I still haven't) that there would be some thing helpful to me ( I assume so).

I will read the entirety and see of what help you so offer. Thank you :-)

One thing ill say as Ive said many times in prior threads is that when one goes into something with a judgement already than the effect is lost. I do appreciate your second or third shot that you are giving me but Im sure that the same response will come this time as well.

If you are searching for my intention then you have made your decision and will be unable to use these words.

Trust shouldnt be earned. It should be betrayed or deserved. If someone goes through life forcing others to earn their trust then that one is living with fear at the helm. There is nothing that you ever need to fear. Once you let fear take over than many things that you fear will be drawn to you like a magnet.

Im sorry but its the truth. Well I guess Im not sorry for that actually.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

You misunderstand me completely and your reaction was oddly aggressive given what message you are trying to send.. There was no attack there what-so-ever, in any way. I was attempting to be helpful to you...

We all have "limited understanding," i thought that was a given, but i should have specified. Thats the very basis for helping others explore their own perspective, because we dont know how those conclusions will look through others "eyes."

I never said to not do anything, quite the contrary actually (as my post history will confirm). I was even trying to encourage you, myself, and others by saying "So, there is only so much one can do, and if they do that with the best of their ability, no one can ask for more."

No worries though, friend, i wont bother you again

edit on 27-3-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Those words werent me saying I command thee or something whatever you all are thinking Im saying. Its the words that your subconscious needs to say to itself to allow entrance into intself. They were the words you needed to say to yourself to let down your gaurds that have even blocked you from getting in

I am sorry, but you do not know what my subconscious needs to say to itself, neither do you know what anyone else's subconscious needs to say.

If I accepted you as my spiritual teacher or even personal therapist, then I may be willing to consider your instructions, but on this site you are simply one of many thousands of posters offering their own insights and debating those of other posters.

Friend....You are me so its not that difficult to figure out. Im also not accepting any students any time soon so I think youre safe from me. If my instructions were not meant for you then good luck finding yours. The messages that you are leaving inside of this thread might stiffle someone who may need them. If I bother you then feel free to find your truth within the thousands of other posters on here that you are aware already aware of. Quit being counter productive and allow other opinion like my own to exist without your need to disagree getting in the way.

I pretty sure that I posted this thread so I think Im in the right place. Im just trying to figure out what you are doing here. Seemspretty obvious that what I think bothers you.

I am connected to you and to many many others as well so if you cant get on board with that then my threads will piss you off so stear clear.....

I dont care how you get there just as long as you do.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Trust shouldnt be earned. It should be betrayed or deserved.

Discernment is a valuable tool which helps to distinguish where trust should be offered unconditionally, or where trust is best conditioned by sensible considerations.

For instance, I wouldn't trust the care of my child to a complete stranger, but if that stranger were an accredited child care provider, then I would be willing to hand over the care of my child with confidence.

So you see, trust is not as black and white as you paint it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eathis
After reading your post I say I enjoyed your writing it was fun to travel your instructions with my imagination.

I think the audience you are aiming this at would lack the attention span to even traverse half your opening post though to be honest.

Good luck on your mission :-)

Glad you find something nice to say about it even though it wasnt you cup of tea......That is great to see.

Thank you and good luck to you and your endevours as well.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Your ego has nothing useful for us.

Your SELF is us.

You say its one of you main messages, but perhaps you need to go deeper into it if this is where it has led you.

Okay will do....thanks for the concern....

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brianegan

Are you really trying to say that you reached it already because I know what you can do when you turn it on and you wouldnt be sitting at your computer if you did. Lets just be real about it...

I have experienced "it." I dont live there.

I may not of gotten there yet but at least Im trying to help others on my way without lying to myself.

I am telling you straight, your ego cannot help anyone. If you want to make inroads, work within you. Via the "SELF" within you, you have the power to change the "whole." Your ego, and mind, has the power to do jack nothing but whine.

This is a logical thing Im speaking of and trying to accomplish and walking the path with everyone else oh mighty person way ahead of me.....

See how your little ego gets its panties in a twist and starts getting aggressive and defensive at the thought someone might have some advice for it? Now remember the reaction of some others in this thread when you tried to help? And remember your advice to the egos of others in this very thread? Get mindful of that defensiveness. Lol.

How can it work? If you, who feel you have a mental understanding of oneness, cannot accept the truth, (because you said it yourself, Im saying just what you are) how do you expect others to accept it from you? Its because its not the truth. Your telling them, my telling you, its not the way. The way is not external to you. The way is within. And not within "you" the ego, within YOU, that which is also all of us.

My ego is here, but its not the ego throwing a tantrum.

Thats the problem with egos, they brush up against the enlightenment experience and they think it is for them. Its not. Ego cannot become enlightened, and YOU already are.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik

You misunderstand me completely and your reaction was oddly aggressive given what message you are trying to send.. There was no attack there what-so-ever, in any way. I was attempting to be helpful to you...

We all have "limited understanding," i thought that was a given, but i should have specified. Thats the very basis for helping others explore their own perspective, because we dont know how those conclusions will look through others "eyes."

I never said to not do anything, quite the contrary actually (as my post history will confirm). I was even trying to encourage you, myself, and others by saying "So, there is only so much one can do, and if they do that with the best of their ability, no one can ask for more."

No worries though, friend, i wont bother you again

edit on 27-3-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

Okay you are def right and I did jump down your throat there. I thought you were joining in with the rest in bashing me and reading your post im sure you can see the similarities. I didnt focus on it as I should have. My message is not for everyone and so I try to be respectful and reply but place little effort in replies to the IMO people that have fun hurting others.

I sincerly apologize for my rude response to you as it was not desreved. If someone cant hear my message I try to move on as quickly as possible to find those showing signs that they can. I never was attacked this many times in a row like this especially when Im trying this hard to help. I got offended and closed down. It was not because of you and my mind was set on haulting the further attempts at killing this message. I was in protector mode.

Please forgive me.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Trust shouldnt be earned. It should be betrayed or deserved.

Discernment is a valuable tool which helps to distinguish where trust should be offered unconditionally, or where trust is best conditioned by sensible considerations.

For instance, I wouldn't trust the care of my child to a complete stranger, but if that stranger were an accredited child care provider, then I would be willing to hand over the care of my child with confidence.

So you see, trust is not as black and white as you paint it.

Uggghhh...man

the ones that betray trust need to learn why they have done something wrong. If you are unwilling to help then thats your choice. That doesnt make them any less your family members. It also doesnt change the fact that it is fear making that choice.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I have experienced "it." I dont live there.

I am telling you straight, your ego cannot help anyone. If you want to make inroads, work within you. Via the "SELF" within you, you have the power to change the "whole." Your ego, and mind, has the power to do jack nothing but whine.

See how your little ego gets its panties in a twist and starts getting aggressive and defensive at the thought someone might have some advice for it? Now remember the reaction of some others in this thread when you tried to help? And remember your advice to the egos of others in this very thread? Get mindful of that defensiveness. Lol.

How can it work? If you, who feel you have a mental understanding of oneness, cannot accept the truth, (because you said it yourself, Im saying just what you are) how do you expect others to accept it from you? Its because its not the truth. Your telling them, my telling you, its not the way. The way is not external to you. The way is within. And not within "you" the ego, within YOU, that which is also all of us.

My ego is here, but its not the ego throwing a tantrum.

Thats the problem with egos, they brush up against the enlightenment experience and they think it is for them. Its not. Ego cannot become enlightened, and YOU already are.

I call BS...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The messages that you are leaving inside of this thread might stiffle someone who may need them.

In your opening post, you wrote:

If this didnt work, please be honest

I was honest, and I tried to give you the reasons why I felt that it did not work.

You asked for honest opinions, but perhaps all you wanted was to receive positive feedback?

Quit being counter productive and allow other opinion like my own to exist without your need to disagree getting in the way

See my above comment. If you will not accept any criticism, then may I ask how you expect to improve and develop your message so that it resonates with more people?

I am connected to you and to many many others as well so if you cant get on board with that then my threads will piss you off so stear clear.....

Unless I am mistaken, this is an open thread where all ATS members may contribute as they see fit, with the provision of remaining within the ATS guidelines.

Any positive intent contained in your opening post is only distracted by your own rather aggressive stance to posters participating in this discussion, and not by anything added by others. It is only your own words which reflect on your message, not mine.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The messages that you are leaving inside of this thread might stiffle someone who may need them.

In your opening post, you wrote:

If this didnt work, please be honest

I was honest, and I tried to give you the reasons why I felt that it did not work.

You asked for honest opinions, but perhaps all you wanted was to receive positive feedback?

Quit being counter productive and allow other opinion like my own to exist without your need to disagree getting in the way

See my above comment. If you will not accept any criticism, then may I ask how you expect to improve and develop your message so that it resonates with more people?

Unless I am mistaken, this is an open thread where all ATS members may contribute as they see fit, with the provision of remaining within the ATS guidelines.

Any positive intent contained in your opening post is only distracted by your own rather aggressive stance to posters participating in this discussion, and not by anything added by others. It is only your own words which reflect on your message, not mine.

There is a right way and a wrong way which clearly you do not understand. If you have no concern for the feelings of others then you are not welcome here. I wasnt looking for a fight and will not encourage this sort of behavior.
Asking for honesty was not an invatation for what you have been doing here. You are insulting my intellegance and completely negating simply to get a reaction.

Just move along......

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You can call BS all you want. Im telling the absolute truth. AND, Im not the one trying to be a spiritual teacher or guide here. Im wise enough to know I cant enlighten anyone, and that only my ego would want the role of "teacher."

I just have a compulsion to tell the truth. Even when it pisses people off.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You are insulting my intellegance and completely negating simply to get a reaction.

Questioning or disagreeing with some of the words written in these posts does not equate to insulting the authors' intelligence, and neither is it done with the intent to "get a reaction".

I am sorry that you see it this way.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I agree with one of the above posters, I knew exactly what you were trying to accomplish within the first few sentences and completely shut it out and repelled it via subconscious fear of being hypnotized.

However... I rationalized for a second and laughed because of my self induced paranoia. I started with the second paragraph and decided to give it a chance, and I must say, it had an incredible amount of "identifiable-relation" (I'm not sure the technical term but whatever you call the little relate-able phrases that horoscopes butcher) and it perked my senses high for a while,.but your description of physical characteristics need some work. The part about sitting in a chair and letting your feet hit the floor really raised a red flag in the back of my mind while reading. Also shorten it a little bit...this is the internet, people see that wall of text and instantly skip to the end and are like "does this egotistical bastard really think I care this much about what he has to say?"

Anyway, all in all it was pretty well written. Might I suggest getting a little more formal in the introduction first instead of trying to dive right into the persons psyche. Something like, "I can tell by your presence/way you speak that your the type of person that...." works better for personal conversations, but you get the point.

And might I ask where you picked this up at? I've always been interested in hypnosis and figure I'll get around to it sometime during grad school, but a little early info never hurts. Hook a brotha up

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join