It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Israel not considered a third world dictatorship?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Gaddaffi bombs Libyan civilians, nobel prize wielding Obama must invade for humanitarian reasons.

Israel bombs Palestinians, media claims all Palestinians, women and children, are terrorists and deserve it.

Gaddafffi is a freedom hating dictator and oppresses his people, rebels must be given ammunition and weapons to overpower him.

Israel has 20 foot high fences to keep people locked in a concentration camp called Gaza, they receive US aid.

A plane is shot down, during a UN sponsored no fly zone, Gaddaffi is blamed, U.S. must invade

Israel prohibits basic humanitarian aid to Gaza, Israel is the good guy.

Can we say hypocritical?

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I can go ahead sum up the next thirty posts. About a half will agree with you, and the other half will defend Israel. Someone will point out Israel is not a third world country. The discussion will descend to one or two arguments about the history of Israel, and whether Palestine ever existed. Then it my take a turn for the Semitic/Khazar Jew discussion. By page two or three everyone will be good and upset. No one will likely be changing their mind, and instead feel they must show the other side is wrong.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
double post. My bad.
edit on 25-3-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm really tired of hearing people complain about Israel. Have you not heard of the War of Independence? The Sinai War? The Six Day War? The Yom Kippur War? The Lebanon War?

What about when the Arab government stole $300 billion worth of property and Ancient Jewish communities (over 100,000 square kilometers)?

The citizens of Gaza elected the Hamas Government (in which it's main goal/focus is to have war with Israel) and they fire rockets on Israel daily, forcing thousands of people to live their entire lives in bomb shelters underground.

Israel decides that enough is enough and will try and kill the terrorists so it's citizens won't be in danger from suicide bombers, rockets, stonings, and gun fire. So Israel decides to stop them herself, and the whole world goes mad.

Hypocritical indeed.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

What is your definition of third world? I think it is all hypocritical and I find myself being ignorant on a lot of subjects and hypocritical because I don't know all of the facts. If it fits my bias here then it should fit all biases but i have found that ,The more I learn the less I know. Same as with Israel and Palestine.... I think they are both illegitamate because they cancel eachother out. Its kinda like having two kids in the backseat of a car fighting over who can put their arm on the armrest and they fight each other constantly and bomb eachother with fist and kicking and screaming but in actuallity the big bad parent in the front in the driver's seat can turn around at any moment and backhand them and tell them to shut up or get out.... Essentially it means that somebody will eventually get tired of them acting like kids and shut them both up eventually. So what I am saying is that they aren't even legit because if they were serious about their sovereignty they'd already killed one or the other off regardless of potential of international outrage. If they didn't want to be in the fight then leave! On another note, if they were serious about their war, then every citizen of each "country" is engaged in the war from kids to geriatrics and let them fight for what they believe in and let them annihilate eachother so they'll shut their trap. May the best fighter win!

edit on 25-3-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Question for you OP. Why would you use a title like you did? Out of ignorance? out of dislike for Israel?
Just facts ok.....Dictatorship??? Israel is a democracy...Government duly elected.
In the last few days 50 or more rockets have been fired into the heart of Israel from Gaza.. not in retailation for bombing but because Hamas knows the turmoil in Egypt,Libya, Lebanon and most of the other Muslim countries will more than likely make Israel defend itself and they hope Iran and others will come to Hamas' aid.

You would expect them not to defend themselves????

Wall..........to keep bad people out.. not keep people in.. Really, why is ther so much hatred for a sliver of a piece of country... Amazing.....You really just wanted to stir it up, right????

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
i have always wondered whether if the palestinians had either great jets or guided missles would they still suicide bomb.
(i am ignoring the fact that one can consider a suicide bomber to be a guided missle).
yeha the middle east is really a mess. but one would think isreal would know better!
eie lest ye forget!
do unto others as has been done to you.
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
'nuff said. (for now)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
I'm really tired of hearing people complain about Israel. Have you not heard of the War of Independence? The Sinai War? The Six Day War? The Yom Kippur War? The Lebanon War?

Have you not heard that Palestine was given to the Jews through the Balfour declaration following world war 1? Have you not heard how the holocaust was a manipulated effort not to gas Jews but to force them to migrate to Palestine? Have you not heard how the Jews claim religious right to the land which Palestinians have lived on for thousands of years? The native Americans fought back to from British invasion, were they terrorists for defending their land?

What about when the Arab government stole $300 billion worth of property and Ancient Jewish communities (over 100,000 square kilometers)?

When did this happen? 2000 years ago?

The citizens of Gaza elected the Hamas Government (in which it's main goal/focus is to have war with Israel) and they fire rockets on Israel daily, forcing thousands of people to live their entire lives in bomb shelters underground.

Lie. it's not daily, it's whenever Israel needs an excuse to invade Gaza. Show me 365 news articles form an entire year that documents that missiles rain on Israel every day.

Israel decides that enough is enough and will try and kill the terrorists so it's citizens won't be in danger from suicide bombers, rockets, stonings, and gun fire. So Israel decides to stop them herself, and the whole world goes mad.

No, not the whole world, you have the U.S. federal government on your side, of course the whole world thinks the federal government is mad. If they thought enough was enough they would make peace deals with the Arabs. It's not the Arabs fault Israel wants to bulldoze more homes. Even the Obama administration scolded them on that one.

Hypocritical indeed.

Yes, indeed.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If I were the leader of Israel, there would be no Palistine, and no Gaza. And if anyone lobbed a bomb at mine, I would send it back two fold.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue

What is your definition of third world?

Dictatorship, despotism, in a way I see America as a third world nation, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of the media calling Libya a third world nation but not Israel.

I think it is all hypocritical and I find myself being ignorant on a lot of subjects and hypocritical because I don't know all of the facts. If it fits my bias here then it should fit all biases but i have found that ,The more I learn the less I know. Same as with Israel and Palestine.... I think they are both illegitamate because they cancel eachother out. Its kinda like having two kids in the backseat of a car fighting over who can put their arm on the armrest and they fight each other constantly and bomb eachother with fist and kicking and screaming but in actuallity the big bad parent in the front in the driver's seat can turn around at any moment and backhand them and tell them to shut up or get out....

The problem is that one of the kids gets billions of dollars in military aid from the U.S. (Israel) and the other gets zero support and the humanitarian issue is ignored (Palestine), all while U.S. claims to be humanitarian with Libya. Hypocrisy.

Essentially it means that somebody will eventually get tired of them acting like kids and shut them both up eventually.

read: the world

So what I am saying is that they aren't even legit because if they were serious about their sovereignty they'd already killed one or the other off regardless of potential of international outrage. If they didn't want to be in the fight then leave!

It's a religious war, it's been going on for thousands of years, they won't ever leave, all the more reason not to be involved for America and the rest of the world.

On another note, if they were serious about their war, then every citizen of each "country" is engaged in the war from kids to geriatrics and let them fight for what they believe in and let them annihilate eachother so they'll shut their trap. May the best fighter win!

and that is actually the majority opinion, which is another reason why the U.S. should get out altogether.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Why is Israel not considered a third world dictatorship?

1. It is not "third world" because it is industrialized. 2. It is not a "dictatorship" because it has a democratic government, with a representative Knesset and an elected president.

Gaddaffi bombs Libyan civilians, nobel prize wielding Obama must invade for humanitarian reasons.

Obama has only "invaded" to the extent a rescue crew had to set down to retrieve 2 airmen. He only authorized missile attacks after the French took the lead and started unilaterally patrolling the skies, later assisted by the UK. Clinton "invaded" too, if you count the use of cruise missiles as invasion.

Israel bombs Palestinians, media claims all Palestinians, women and children, are terrorists and deserve it.

Israel retaliates for mortar and missile attacks against civilians. They do not initiate, unprovoked, attacks against Palestinian civilians. The media have never portrayed Palestinian civilians as terrorists, especially women and children.

Prove this. You can not.

Gaddafffi is a freedom hating dictator and oppresses his people, rebels must be given ammunition and weapons to overpower him.

Why would you want to do this? The rebels made up the largest group providing Al Qaeda foreign support in Iraq.

Israel has 20 foot high fences to keep people locked in a concentration camp called Gaza, they receive US aid.

Gaza is not a concentration camp. It was ceded to Arabs to buy peace. It didn't work. The U.S. has erected fences to keep people locked in Mexico. They receive aid and oil revenue.

So what?

A plane is shot down, during a UN sponsored no fly zone, Gaddaffi is blamed, U.S. must invade

Hillary Clinton made up her mind to support the U.N. NFZ resolution 1973 long before any planes were airborne. Obama will never invade a Muslim Arab state with American troops on the ground. He may be willing to let a U.N. command employ American troops in a "peacekeeping" action to protect Libyan civilians.

Israel prohibits basic humanitarian aid to Gaza, Israel is the good guy.

The Israeli embargo does not prohibit humanitarian aid to anyone, unless you define such aid to include weapons.

Can we say hypocritical?

We can, but it would be meaningless to the extent it relied upon the OP for support.

Who? The U.S., Libyan rebels, Obama, Israel or the OP?

jw

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2
Question for you OP. Why would you use a title like you did?

It's a legitimate question, why not answer the question?

Out of ignorance?

If I was ignorant I wouldn't be able to ask the question. Did you ask me this out of ignorance?

out of dislike for Israel?

Dislike for Israel's racist policy against Palestinians, yes.

Just facts ok.....Dictatorship??? Israel is a democracy...

In a democracy 51% can steal the other 49%'s property.

Government duly elected.

Did the Arabs get to contribute to that democracy? How about the Palestinians?

In the last few days 50 or more rockets have been fired into the heart of Israel from Gaza..

Actually I counted 16 rockets with NO CASUALTIES. Find me an article that mentions any casualties caused by rocket fire not including the bus attack. Here's a thread that mentions a whole string of attacks, with no casualties. www.abovetopsecret.com...

not in retailation for bombing but because Hamas knows the turmoil in Egypt,Libya, Lebanon and most of the other Muslim countries will more than likely make Israel defend itself and they hope Iran and others will come to Hamas' aid.

Or the middle east issue is a nice distraction while Israel invades more of Gaza. The rocket attacks were a false flag. There's never any Israeli casualties and it always leads to hundreds of Palestinian deaths. Motive, means, murder.

You would expect them not to defend themselves????

You would expect Palestine not to defend themselves????

Wall..........to keep bad people out.. not keep people in..

Just like the Berlin Wall. Funny how Jews became their oppressors.

Really, why is ther so much hatred for a sliver of a piece of country

That sliver also controls American government mind you.

... Amazing.....You really just wanted to stir it up, right????

Amazing, you really will defend Israel no matter what?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
The media have never portrayed Palestinian civilians as terrorists, especially women and children.

Hello, they call Hammas which was democratically elected a terrorist organization. Apparently democracy in Israel is good but in Palestine it's terrorism.
edit on 25-3-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Israel decides that enough is enough and will try and kill the terrorists so it's citizens won't be in danger from suicide bombers, rockets, stonings, and gun fire.

Seems like the definition of a terrorist has changed..
Now it's any group that hasn't got the advantage of sophisticated,high tech weapons and thus must resort to other means to defend their freedom and homeland..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin
I can go ahead sum up the next thirty posts. About a half will agree with you, and the other half will defend Israel. Someone will point out Israel is not a third world country. The discussion will descend to one or two arguments about the history of Israel, and whether Palestine ever existed. Then it my take a turn for the Semitic/Khazar Jew discussion. By page two or three everyone will be good and upset. No one will likely be changing their mind, and instead feel they must show the other side is wrong.

not only hypocritical but blatantly so. they are certainly dictators to palestine. israel is morally bankrupt, probably dont know the meaning of the word morality. satan would be proud of them.
most people are ignorant of the balfour agreement. israel is dominated by kazars who give real jews a bad name. spend some time there and learn how totally arrogant they are. how they brainwash at kindegartens to guarantee continuity of zionist aims and butchery. unfortunately for the decent few israeli citizens their safety is on a short leash. s+f, its the sort of post i was contemplating.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin

you're exactly right

2nd line

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

The Jews of Israel are also taught at a young age that the entire world hates them, so that they have this persecution complex from birth. They are taught that the holocaust is just an example of how much the entire world hates them. The persecution complex is used to unite the Jews as a political force, to be used against certain things that are "anti-semitic"; like a bull chasing after a red flag, call someone anti-semitic (Helen Thomas) and the Jews go after them like rabid dogs. It's brainwashing pure and simple. It's not just Judaism but all religions. I was raised Catholic and I was brainwashed to believe that the church is the almighty go-between of man and God. That the pope is more important than Jesus because he is the living speaker to God. It's insane and illogical, and no doubt Muslims have insane and illogical things going for them as well, like treating women as slaves and lesser class citizens. And to be fair, even the Buddhists are insane for thinking they can gain enlightenment by shutting off their minds, and Hindus think they can just do better on their next life around so this life is not to worry about. It's all nonsense, religion is a curse, but that doesn't mean spirituality is bad, there is truth to the ancient philosophies of the Greeks and certain Romans philosophers, there is truth to all religions, including Christianity and Judaism, and there is one "God" that unites all of us. This is why we should not be hung up on how we are being persecuted but rather focus our energy on what the true spirit of man is. And that spirit is the light within your mind that can be found in meditation. I have meditated on the ancient philosophies and I have uncovered the "Self" beyond the mind, and I urge you to do the same. The Self is eternal, and a true part of you. It is too off-topic to talk about it now, but just saying, the religions of the world are false, just as the ancients say "the truth seeker goes contrary to the ways of the world."

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Hypocritical indeed.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

exactly israel has to put up with so much crap and is a country the size of wales, surrounded at all angles by countless arab countries that want it wiped off the map -- and train their kids at the age of 6 to fire a gun and to hate jews!
islam is not and will never be a religion of peace

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by orangutang

The Jews of Israel are also taught at a young age that the entire world hates them, so that they have this persecution complex from birth. They are taught that the holocaust is just an example of how much the entire world hates them. The persecution complex is used to unite the Jews as a political force, to be used against certain things that are "anti-semitic"; like a bull chasing after a red flag, call someone anti-semitic (Helen Thomas) and the Jews go after them like rabid dogs. It's brainwashing pure and simple. It's not just Judaism but all religions. I was raised Catholic and I was brainwashed to believe that the church is the almighty go-between of man and God. That the pope is more important than Jesus because he is the living speaker to God. It's insane and illogical, and no doubt Muslims have insane and illogical things going for them as well, like treating women as slaves and lesser class citizens. And to be fair, even the Buddhists are insane for thinking they can gain enlightenment by shutting off their minds, and Hindus think they can just do better on their next life around so this life is not to worry about. It's all nonsense, religion is a curse, but that doesn't mean spirituality is bad, there is truth to the ancient philosophies of the Greeks and certain Romans philosophers, there is truth to all religions, including Christianity and Judaism, and there is one "God" that unites all of us. This is why we should not be hung up on how we are being persecuted but rather focus our energy on what the true spirit of man is. And that spirit is the light within your mind that can be found in meditation. I have meditated on the ancient philosophies and I have uncovered the "Self" beyond the mind, and I urge you to do the same. The Self is eternal, and a true part of you. It is too off-topic to talk about it now, but just saying, the religions of the world are false, just as the ancients say "the truth seeker goes contrary to the ways of the world."

pfft taught at young age that the rest of the world hates them?
as a born jewish myself
and with many jewish friends non religious to religious, and many israeli friends

i can tell you that is absolute cobblers!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by littlezeta

You weren't taught that the Jews were persecuted in world war 2 more so than any other group? Really now, that's interesting. Because I was.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join