It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Israel not considered a third world dictatorship?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
What does "Gaddaffi bombing civilians" have to do with Jew hating?

You are the one posting garbage, you claimed Gaddaffi was a dictator as he bombed civilians, then when on a anti jew rant.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

What does "Gaddaffi bombing civilians" have to do with Jew hating?

You are the one posting garbage, you claimed Gaddaffi was a dictator as he bombed civilians, then when on a anti jew rant.

the thing is, I'm not racist against Jews, but you are racist against Arabs.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by littlezeta

Yes them arabs teach them kids from a young age to kill. They should have more class like the Israeli's.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fd1d93f5e2b.jpg[/atsimg]

Just to clarify, these are Israeli children and not Arab children. If you don't believe me type in Israeli children signing bombs into google and this picture will come up.

So, about that all "Arabs teach their kids at a young age to hate Jews" so what do you say now?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
The media have never portrayed Palestinian civilians as terrorists, especially women and children

Hello, they call Hammas which was democratically elected a terrorist organization. Apparently democracy in Israel is good but in Palestine it's terrorism.
edit on 25-3-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

OK, so you've abandoned the quoted nonsense, and shifted the focus to Hamas.

Do you know what the Hamas Charter says?

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it."
"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors."

"The Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas)," 18 August 1988.

So, the Palestinians "elected" a group of Islamic terrorists to govern them in Gaza. A stolen election does not transform terrorists into pacifists, it makes terrorism governmental policy.

deny ignorance

jw
edit on 26-3-2011 by jdub297 because: underline

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Gaddaffi bombs Libyan civilians, nobel prize wielding Obama must invade for humanitarian reasons.

Israel bombs Palestinians, media claims all Palestinians, women and children, are terrorists and deserve it.

Gaddaffi bombs his own people.
Israel bombs neighboring country (reasons not necessary for this rebuttal)

Gaddafffi is a freedom hating dictator and oppresses his people, rebels must be given ammunition and weapons to overpower him.

Israel has 20 foot high fences to keep people locked in a concentration camp called Gaza, they receive US aid.

Gaddaffi oppressses his own people.
Israel erects fences to keep people who wish them harm from having easy access to the targets they seek.

A plane is shot down, during a UN sponsored no fly zone, Gaddaffi is blamed, U.S. must invade

Israel prohibits basic humanitarian aid to Gaza, Israel is the good guy.

Can we say hypocritical?

A plane is shot down, by Gaddaffi's military, thus he is blamed. The invasion is not a US invasion but a joint task force and the US has taken a back seat to avoid further accusations of war mongering.
Israel does not prohibit humanitarian aid, they just don't provide any, and why should they as their neighbor is not an ally.

Can we say hypocritical?

Can we say ill informed or baiting?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Seems like all the Moderators here are Pro israel, makes me wonder if this site is based in Israel. lol.

Dear mod, do you believe that expanding settlements outside of Israel's recognized borders and evicting people in the process is justified? If the people fight back, is that justified or is that just plain terrorism?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I'm neither, I'm merely pointing out that the initial argument was ridiculous.

his comparisons were slighly less different than, say, apples to bicycle wheels.

edited to add:
please don't take the op's bait and turn this into, yet another, thread about Israel's policies. The question was, why is israel not considered a third world dicatorship. sure, it's an moronic question but it is what it is.

Israel is not a third world nation.
Israel is not a dictatorship

the original poster is either completely clueless as to the definition of third world nation and dictatorship or he's trying to initiate another thread that derails into a bash israel fest.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

These people had their homelands invaded, of course they are going to fight back. The Israel military is trying to annihilate them just as fast as they are trying to annihilate Israel so don't pretend there is only one aggressor in this conflict.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Gaddaffi bombs his own people.
Israel bombs neighboring country (reasons not necessary for this rebuttal)

Reasons not necessary for this rebuttal? Why not? Because then you might have to admit that the bombing is to innocent civilians and that would make them no better than Gaddaffi?

Gaddaffi oppressses his own people.
Israel erects fences to keep people who wish them harm from having easy access to the targets they seek.

Like the Palestinians from having access to their family and work?

A plane is shot down, by Gaddaffi's military, thus he is blamed.

A day into the no fly zone, meaning it was most likely the UN and NATO. The real plane they shot down was covered up by saying it was mechanical failure. If they could pull a false flag attack in the middle of New York you think they couldn't do it in Libya?

The invasion is not a US invasion but a joint task force and the US has taken a back seat to avoid further accusations of war mongering.

Yes, conveniently adding to the notion that the Western nations have conspired together to attack the Middle East, almost as if a hidden hand is leading them in that direction despite the people's protests to end the war. But, you apparently are okay with it.

Israel does not prohibit humanitarian aid, they just don't provide any, and why should they as their neighbor is not an ally.

What a lie. Are you just blatantly ignoring the flotilla raid? They do prohibit humanitarian aid.

Can we say ill informed or baiting?

So saying the facts is now baiting? What planet do we live on?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

it's an moronic question but it is what it is.

I'm really sickened but not entirely surprised that a moderator of ATS would call someone else's question moronic, does that mean moronic or deviations from moron are okay on ATS and do not violate the T&C?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Israel is not a third world nation.
Israel is not a dictatorship

the original poster is either completely clueless as to the definition of third world nation and dictatorship or he's trying to initiate another thread that derails into a bash israel fest.

Actually my thread title was a question, Why is Israel not considered a third world dictatorship? You see, that means I am asking why it isn't considered third world. Plus you are saying it is moronic to question the world's opinion of Israel. You're saying that supporters are saying it is not a dictatorship and therefore it is not a dictatorship, ignoring the facts that make it a third world dictatorship in other people's minds. I am not "bashing" Israel. If I wanted to bash Israel I would only talk bad about Israel but if you read my posts I also call America a third world dictatorship so are you going to say that I'm moronic because America is not considered in the dictionary a third world? America is a dictatorship, are you going to tell me that wikipedia says it isn't and that it's a democracy so I'm supposed to go on my merry way and trust that?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Could someone reply-to after reading this please:

The big question is: How do they fund there military? They grow dates and olives? But what other things do they have to support themselves?

Cheers,

SoS

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
Could someone reply-to after reading this please:

The big question is: How do they fund there military? They grow dates and olives? But what other things do they have to support themselves?

Cheers,

SoS

I'm not sure where Hamas gets their money to buy 1000's of rockets lobbed into Israel "daily" causing no casualties but I do know where Israel gets money from the U.S. tax payer.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

your entire premise was set up to discuss anti-israeli policies.

why didn't you just start another thread that said "Israel is bad because..."instead of trying to compare a man who kills his own people to ensure he remains in power with a country that does not kill their own people in order to remain in power"

you referred to libya as a third world nation and then asked if Israel wasn't also a third world nation.

can you give me the definition of third world nation and dictatorship please?

let's discuss the actual topic instead of driving the conversation towards israeli children writing on bombs as that photo has nothing to do with Israel being a third world dictatorship now, does it?

So, again, how about a definition of third world dictatorship and then cite some examples of how Israel falls under this category.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So, let's say I'm wrong, what should I take away from this thread? It's okay for Israel to bomb their neightbors because they hate Israel, but it's not okay for Gaddaffi to bomb his civilians because they hate him? Does that about sum it up?

Now you try, assume that you are wrong, what should you take away from this?

And if you like this experiment, you can visit my 9/11 Psychological Test

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All are welcome to participate.

edit on 26-3-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

But the children do have something to do with it. I'm looking at the grand picture here. People say that Arabs are evil because they teach the children at a young age to hate Israel, but then there is a picture of Israeli children signing bombs and then you say it's irrelevant to the conversation.

"instead of trying to compare a man who kills his own people to ensure he remains in power with a country that does not kill their own people in order to remain in power"

But they kill their neighbors in order to remain in power so what's the difference? You seem to think that murder is okay.

Third world dictatorship means the people have no say in the matter. The people here being Arabs and Jews alike who oppose Israel's policy, just like America is a "democracy" yet the people have no say.

If I wanted to talk bad about Israel I will.

It should be peacefully dismantled. Even Jews oppose the state of Israel.

However, you are wrong in thinking that this is a bash only Israel thread, for you see:

All governments should be peacefully dismantled.

I am not racist against Jews, I'm opposed to all religions. But more in terms of ideology than people. I don't hate anyone, I argue with ideology. It is foolish to be a Christian, Jew, or Muslim alike. It is foolish to have a government that hopes to protect the people. And it is foolish to have democratic elections when corruption is so rampant.

I'm merely pointing out in this thread that the U.S. is hypocritical in condemning Gaddaffi but not Israel. Even the UN condemns Israel for the bombings but the U.S. blocks the vote. Hypocrisy.

To the post below this one: Patience my friend, I was writing it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

in other words, you cannot give me the definition I asked for and examples of how Israel would fall under the category of third world dictatorship?

because that was your premise. that is what your opening post is about and that is what the topic of the thread is supposed to be about.

it is not about Israeli children writing on bombs or keeping aid out of palestine.,

there are probably over a 1000 threads on the evils of israel. you could have simply added more of the same to those, including the photos which have been posted here tons of times but, instead, you started a new thread with a paper thin premise so that you could spew the same anti-israel commentary that you, and others, love to spew.

still waiting on the definition of third world dictatorship and examples of how israel falls under that title.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

in other words, you cannot give me the definition I asked for and examples of how Israel would fall under the category of third world dictatorship?

because that was your premise. that is what your opening post is about and that is what the topic of the thread is supposed to be about.

it is not about Israeli children writing on bombs or keeping aid out of palestine.,

there are probably over a 1000 threads on the evils of israel. you could have simply added more of the same to those, including the photos which have been posted here tons of times but, instead, you started a new thread with a paper thin premise so that you could spew the same anti-israel commentary that you, and others, love to spew.

still waiting on the definition of third world dictatorship and examples of how israel falls under that title.

Well I guess we love it so it's hard to resist. So if it's not about the children signing bombs, or keeping aid out of palestine, what is it about? Hitler was called a dictator because he indoctrinated children. Hello? Gaza is most certainly third world for the aid that Israel is intentionally keeping out of Gaza.

Dictatorship. n. Any country that is part of the globalist empire, see: all.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Look I'm not going to change your mind because you'll only nitpick what I've already said

I'll simplify:

Gaddaffi bomb people. US must invade
Israel bomb people. US must give more aid.

You maybe don't see the hypocrisy but I do, that is why I asked "Why is Israel not considered a third world dictatorship?" Gaddaffi is called a third world dictator but not Israel even though they bomb innocent people? And for that matter, why don't people consider America to be a third world dicatorship because they bomb people.

Sorry, should I just make a thread titled "Why are all countries third world dictators?" Can you change the thread title of this? I'd be okay with that.

Or maybe say "Why does US show hypocrisy by invading Libya but not Israel?"

Is it maybe because Libya is Arab and Israel is Jewish?

But then, you'd probably say it was just a Jew hating thread so I'm sort of lost for words, not really sure what is appropriate enough to say, it seems like no matter what I'd be called a Jew hater, so why should I even care? It's a tired old sticker that doesn't mean much to me anymore. I know I don't hate Jews in fact I wish I were Jewish so you could call me a self-hating Jew and then I would really know that you are full of it because I love myself.

And I'm a happy individual. Sort of not the typical "skin head" the media loves to deride people as, I think Hitler was a stooge, I don't shave my head, but that's who I am, sorry to disappoint.

okaya, have to go for now, will be back soon to answer any more posts.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'll take that as a "no" and that you are incapable of defining third world dictatorship and that, since you cannot define it, you cannot provide any actual examples as to why israel should be considered a third world dictatorship.

you want to bring up kids writing on bombs, go ahead. I'm fairly sure the US did this and still does this with their ordinance.

does that make the United States a third world dictatorship?

no because the definition of third world dictatorship does not involve children writing on bombs.

shall I continue to wait for you to actually come up with some facts and definitions that actually lend credence to the original premise in your opening post?

want me to remind you again?

why is israel not considered a third world dictatorship.

here's your answer.

Israel is not considered a third world dictatorship because they are governed by a democratically elected process, they are a free nation that is allied or alligned with capitalism and other "first world" nations. They have an advanced economy and a gross national product that would indicate they are more of a first world nation than a third world nation.

can you give me some examples of how they are not what I just typed or is your rebuttal going to be a picture of a fence and a bomb with some stupid message from a kid that thinks its cool to write on a bomb?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join