It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by Skate

Life forms are a part of the environment. There are discussions of all kinds of GMO topics in Fragile Earth.

Or should we wait until some of these engineered beasts enter the wild and start affecting the environment in a more major way? An ounce of prevention; pound of cure.

GMO salmon was nearly released to live freely in the Columbia River. Luckily that was stopped (for now).

These animals can have a huge impact on our environment; for one, this experimentation may lead to new cross species diseases. I don't think this risk is worth the benefits. Look at how the AIDS epidemic developed due to human vaccines being developed using animals.

Okay so then let's put this thread into the Scientific Forum and talk about science experiments, putting HUMAN HEADS on GOATS. That's science, has nothing to DO with Earth and how it's fragile. This kid's thread is more about the actual process of putting the two together, not how about it affects the environment.

Deeeeeeeerrrrrppppp

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Ah, the folly of youth (or an immature mind).
You'll get nowhere by insulting posters, kid...except make yourself look immature and foolish.

Please stick to the topic of the thread and not your own, thanks.

edit on 23-3-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
reply to post by Skate

You'll get nowhere by insulting posters, kid...except make yourself look immature and foolish.

I HAVE NOT INSULTED ONE PERSON. Show me where I've insulted somebody.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's been about 10 minutes and I'm sure you could have found a post by me in this thread of 4 pages that insults somebody but you haven't because I didn't insult anybody. Now take that assumption of yours back before I DO start insulting you for your lack of evidence to back up your statement.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Skate because: Thought it's been 5 minutes but it's been MORE!! It's been 10 minutes and this kid could have replied, telling me who and when I insulted somebody but he didn't because I didn't actually do so. Good job KID!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
-The following does not reflect any of my own personal beliefs-

If you believe the Bible, it is said that:

Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth.

This is directed at the people making statements about "God" and why we shouldn't be doing things like this...
In my opinion, citing "God" as your reason to disapprove is almost counter-intuitive.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
These are sheep, recently sheered for their wool.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
These are sheep, recently sheered for their wool.

Pardon?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I was referring to the picture, and now people commenting saying these are goats. They are not goats. They are sheep, who have recently been sheared for their wool (meaning got a haircut) (Their wool later ends up being made into yarn etc. for clothing/blankets etc.)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
reply to post by space cadet

I was referring to the picture, and now people commenting saying these are goats. They are not goats. They are sheep, who have recently been sheared for their wool (meaning got a haircut) (Their wool later ends up being made into yarn etc. for clothing/blankets etc.)

Ahhhh I see. I thought your post was to say something along the lines of "They aren't doing that, those are just sheep without wool...".

Thanks for the clarification!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate

reply to post by Skate

I HAVE NOT INSULTED ONE PERSON. Show me where I've insulted somebody.

Your ignorant behavior is the insult. Let mods do their thing, you just worry about making posts that contribute to the topic of the thread, not it's placement on the boards. It's easy to do, just pick one thing either from the OP or another post and just start typing what you think about it.

Otherwise, gb24ailchan and take your DEEeeeeeeeerrrp
with you.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

Ok

I think the genetic engineering going on goes far beyong the amount we are told about. Things that would make us absoutely sick.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

You do make a valid point.
However, I feel we simply can't be trusted, collectively, to wield such power. The abuses of such are all too evident.
This will surely lead to terrible suffering. Like the article mentioned - if they display human characteristics, just kill 'em.
That thinking's baaaad (had to have a pun in there, sorry).
More terrible than the suffering of humans with horrible diseases? Could you elucidate on the point of "lead to terrible suffering"? If like you claim the Nazis et al have already experimented on humans, can you provide the evidence you have that notes this terrible suffering we are currently suffering due to the genetic experiments of the past in regards to humans?

Humans are accountable for their actions and are supposed to be able to discern right from wrong (even though they're but social constructs, but let's not digress) whereas animals are considered "innocents" and as such, should be protected from our abuses and any misuse of their lives, much like human children are.

The evidence of our "terrible suffering" (for want of many a phrase - I do hope you aren't intending to turn this into a matter of semantics) is shown in the fact we see this abuse of "Lower life forms" as something we are allowed to do - the simple fact we've gotten to the point where we are actively doing such things is what I mean. It's not so much physical suffering I was referring to.

In no way whatsoever can this be construed as the actions of a benevolent, advanced and civilised society - it's more like children been given matches and told to "go play". We will get 'burned' even more than we already have, what with new diseases and genetic mutations, and more importantly the moral/social implications for our psychological, collective future where we see this kind of thing as anything other than an abuse of an innocent life.
We continue to breed generations that considers such things as ok and where does it all end?
I mean, they have already tried to go down the route of cloning humans and even wishing to genetically engineer "Superhumans(!)". So they were told not to - does that mean it will never happen? I doubt it if this is the road we've chosen to travel.
I simply can't see how this path we are going down can end well if we continue to be so eager in exploiting everything to its limit.

Originally posted by Skate
It's been about 10 minutes and I'm sure you could have found a post by me in this thread

You're really not that important kid. Get down from that horse - you'll hurt y'self!!

Like I would really spend my efforts appeasing a troll, lol!
Not reported my thread yet then (rhetorical)? I see it remains where I placed it, not that I would mind either way, although you seem to for some strange reason...

Ahh, I'll let you off though, as I used to be a right a-hole when I was young too - too much ego was the problem!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Actually, if the experiments involve human embryos, or parts thereof, then by many people's definition, we already are experimenting with human children. We've simply devised a way of defining human beings as something that we can feel justified experimenting on, by agreeing as a society for legal purposes that very early stages of human life do not qualify as human beings and therefore have no rights to be protected.

I personally wouldn't want to contribute genetic material to be spliced into animals. I'd feel really weird and wrong knowing somewhere out there is some poor animal, probably living in misery, that has as much share in my genetics as my human child does. Genetics are such a personal part of us that so many of us are fighting govt intrusion into just our genetic information. I don't want anyone using my actual genetics without my full knowledge, consent and input.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i didnt read all the pages, but i would just looove to know how or why you think that the human race is classified as "benevolent" ?

Benevolent:

# intending or showing kindness; "a benevolent society"
# charitable: showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity; "was charitable in his opinions of others"; "kindly criticism"; "a kindly act"; "sympathetic words"; "a large-hearted mentor"
# generous in providing aid to others
# beneficent: generous in assistance to the poor; "a benevolent contributor"; "eleemosynary relief"; "philanthropic contributions"

Source

this does not sound like the human race to me...? this type of research falls exactly into the same realm as what humans do best, manipulation to the detriment of someone other than ones self..

malevolent would be more appropriate, no?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think this is absolutely disgusting and even against the law of nature.......but, I have no problem saying I'd do it in a second if it were to save my child. Wouldn't think twice and thank whatever God there was for it..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

I see nothing wrong with it. If it helps one person then it's worth it.
Epic fail on your bird thread by the way.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Why was I not surprised to see a picture of sheep in an article about human/ animal hybrids?

And they claim they did it with gene splicing huh?

C'mon guys, you can do better than that.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Wait. Are you telling me these sheep have the same thought patterns as humans? Are you telling me they are intelligent? By the way I do not like the way those are looking at me. It's like they are planning something. Oh! Oh god! They are out to get us! Now I won't be able to sleep. I'm afraid one of them is going to pop its head up on the side of my bunk bed.

EEEEVIIIIIIL!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EmpathicBandit

My friend, you misread my words.

You are correct - these actions are not those of a benevolent species, which was my point.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EmpathicBandit

Regarding whether the human race is benevolent or not,

I believe if you wish to find true characteristics of a human race, find a tribe or a bunch of people seemingly left behind by this ' evolution of order and technology' . Then you will see a benevolent sort.

Anything more ' civilized' and you're venturing into a genetically diluted mind altered alien influenced soup of individuals that are lead by those least exhibiting human behaviour.

Would you or I push a button to remove thousands of families "off the census" read bomb them? Would you or I steal billions so that we may do more killings? No. But they would . Because they are not like us.

And in the spirit of their direction we have spawned societies that allow us to treat animals and each other like so - in their likeness. Inhumanely.

Enemies of the human race have been allowed to infiltrate the highest levels of power imaginable.
Watch as we get tricked into believing we are systematically removing all the detritus from power in most countries, where in reality we are just giving them a perfect, timely opportunity to all crawl into their fortified holes, crypts of shame, while we remain in apparent victory only to sorted out by the ultimate truth.

Like any normal (human) person would ever devise a necessity to sear levels of the atmosphere/ionosphere as with Haarp or find any reason whatsoever to splice an animal and human to see what they get !?!?
If only they cast a reflection, I wonder if the weak among them would ever spit in the mirror ?
edit on 23-3-2011 by gypsychology909 because: ...always wanted to be an editor.

edit on 23-3-2011 by gypsychology909 because: ...deeked out the spelling police

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join