It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
There's quite afew Youtube videos on what goes on in some of these labs......

what the animals go through is heart breaking actually
While heartbreaking to some, my heart is broken for humans who are ill, and it breaks for zealots who want to stop scientific discovery for whatever reason, it is usually the old ethical argument. Please, whose ethics? Not mine.

Of course, when one of their own relatives falls ill with a rare or genetic illness, or they fall ill with cancer, these same zealots crying ethics are lining up at the door of the Mayo clinic for a chance to use science to prolong their lives.

The hypocrisy surrounding the arguments against genetic testing and experiments is astounding. If you are against this, I assume you live without medical care, and just rely upon your good luck in the genetic pool your parents gave you to survive. Every medicine we take and every procedure we get done was preceded by animal experiments.
edit on Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:32:44 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: sp.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

I thought that lower life form would be a something easily understood. Higher life form would be like monkeys and dolphins...humans... nothing I feel makes it acceptable but I'd rather it be a lamb or mouse than a human. It's something that I feel needs to be done to help people. If there were better ways that didn't involve using animals I would say that using them is horrible but there isn't so I do not.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
This made me recoil in horror.

It makes me so angry to think how much suffering these Frankenstein scientists deliberately inflict on poor living creatures. It is beyond imagination.

And for what? To save US? So we may live longer? So that we can carry on with destroying our planet and everything on it?

We aren't worth the suffering and sacrifice of other living things - nothing is.

I'd like to punch their faces in for this. Really hard.
So have you ever taken a pill of any type? Do you use soap? Laundry soap for your clothes? Seen a doctor in your life? Painted your home?

If so, please punch yourself first.
edit on Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:33:30 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: spelling again!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I would also like to state for the record that non-intensive farming of animals for food is not only natural, but isn't an abuse of the animals concerned, as far as things go, whereas using them as factories to genetically modify them to produce organs for our sole benefit, is.

We've gone too far with our assumption that we have a right to commit such atrocities to the "Lesser" animals.

For those who consider such a thing "Ok", would you still feel that way if it were to transpire that we were actually not at the top of the food chain ourselves and were "Lesser animals" to a "higher" species somewhere?
Would you be ok with things if you discovered you were nothing more than a genetic mutation purely bred to be harvested for an alien species?

Think "hypothetical question" if you answer. I'm not actually claiming this as fact, just attempting to get you to put yourself in the position of these animals.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I put a thread on here about a story I had been told about a certain famous swimmer, being half human, half dolphin, but one of the mods moved it because they said it was impossible to combine DNA of animals and people. He said he had helped his missus and it was not possible. Well I guess he was a bit mistaken then hey?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

We aren't worth the suffering and sacrifice of other living things - nothing is.

We are worth it. Think about it, or at least think about the people in your own life. Are you really unable to think of somebody who you believe is worth it?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xaphoocom
wow, this gives a whole new meaning to to phrase sheeple

I was thinking the very same thing. Why not go nano with the body systems as opposed to flesh replacements. And make the human body feed of solar energy????????? Saves the animals a wholelot of pain and suffering.
edit on 3/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You are wrong about that.....

Both the Nazis, Japanese and Americans used hundreds of thousands of human beings as guinea pigs

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

While heartbreaking to some, my heart is broken for humans who are ill, and it breaks for zealots who want to stop scientific discovery for whatever reason, it is usually the old ethical argument. Please, whose ethics? Not mine.

Of course, when one of their own relatives falls ill with a rare or genetic illness, or they fall ill with cancer, these same zealots crying ethics are lining up at the door of the Mayo clinic for a chance to use science to prolong their lives.

The hypocrisy surrounding the arguments against genetic testing and experiments is astounding. If you are against this, I assume you live without medical care, and just rely upon your good luck in the genetic pool your parents gave you to survive. Every medicine we take and every procedure we get done was preceded by animal experiments.
edit on Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:32:44 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: sp.

Yes and we have the Nazi's, the Japanese, and the good ol' grave robbers of old to thank for our leaps & bounds in the medical field. If it weren't for their experiments on live humans...oh, where would we be!? Like...less overpopulated for one.

Does the means justify the ends?
Life is a priviledge, not a right.
We shouldn't be abusing animals because of fears of our own mortality.

reply to post by bluemirage5

Got there before me

edit on 23-3-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

We are what we are. We need to collectively come first from our own collective perspective.

Who would you die for? You're goldfish?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

Yes he was mistaken, I left a couple of links earlier.....one of them was about mice with human brains

Now I also read the other week about a human embryo was placed inside a cow but was destroyed 3 months later

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ew,this just reminds me of the disgusting retarded movie, Splice.
But this doesn't surprise me at all.

If they're barely showing this to the public, it makes you wonder what more they've done
that's kept in secret.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recouper

We are what we are. We need to collectively come first from our own collective perspective.

Who would you die for? You're goldfish?

You do make a valid point.
However, I feel we simply can't be trusted, collectively, to wield such power. The abuses of such are all too evident.
This will surely lead to terrible suffering. Like the article mentioned - if they display human characteristics, just kill 'em.
That thinking's baaaad (had to have a pun in there, sorry).

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Important news, although this has been going on for quite a while. (Think about it - how long does it take to get from experimentation to industrialized farm production - and check old posts on "chimeras.")

Then people wonder why so many diseases are jumping species and kingdom barriers! ...We're weaving a truly tangled web.

S&F&

edit on 23/3/11 by soficrow because: wd

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I don't want to watch any video's of animals' acute despair and distress from being horrifically experimented on. I would never recover from it

The ones who are conducting these experiments are the lab-monsters, not what they are creating.

Humans have no respect for life other than their own. We don't deserve to live.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkgomo653
If they're barely showing this to the public, it makes you wonder what more they've done
that's kept in secret.

Try to astral to these locations. I see red lights with a 12 ft thing with claws trapped in solitar afraid but very destructive... Combination kymeria human & non Earth. I could be wrong though but the vibes from it feel real..

edit on 3/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Mix human dna with non human dna get talking sheep/ ARE THEY AWARE THEN FROM THAT POINT ON? Mix ??? with original human dna gets current EA inhabitants.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Humans have no respect for life other than their own. We don't deserve to live.

I think we as a species are just genetically predispositioned to exploit our environment. It is after all, how we have managed to survive for so long.
Unfortunately, the population was much less, back in the "day", so our exploits would have made little impact on the planet as a whole.
Now we are so overpopulated, our nature is just too much for Earth to cope with, it seems.

We work with what we have, so give us enough rope and we do indeed hang ourselves - this is what I mean when I say we should be stripped of our technological advances as we obviously can't control ourselves with such power at our fingertips.
We need to be saved from ourselves before we go too far...oops, too late!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So lets do something about getting some regulations in place. Surely we can be reasonable, can't we?

Going anti-technology isn't going to do us any favours. We're going to all die eventually unless we become powerful enough to save ourselves (from cataclysms, deadly viruses, etc.).

I can't imagine many people are going to disagree that we're playing with fire without the appropriate qualifications, so look at what you can do.

Please don't be saying we need bad thing's to come our way to slow us down, we've had enough bad things. What we need now is some good luck.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
some of the disgusted and shocked people just remind me of my vegan uncle and aunt who wear leather shoes, belts and jackets etc...
i didnt know when we lost our top of the food chain status, surely getting organs from an animal means that we wouldnt have to wait for someone else to die, to get a replacement liver.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join