It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
When we start mixing human DNA with other animals........

does that mean they are subjected to the the sames laws of man?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Important news, although this has been going on for quite a while. (Think about it - how long does it take to get from experimentation to industrialized farm production - and check old posts on "chimeras.")

Then people wonder why so many diseases are jumping species and kingdom barriers! ...We're weaving a truly tangled web.

Putting ethical beliefs aside for a moment, THAT point about species-jumping diseases gives pause for thought. Unfortunately pausing for thought seems to be discouraged in some parts of the scientific community. And I
thought genetically modified plants and their potential for wiping out nature or nano tech ending up places it's not supposed to be doing things we don't want it doing were the worst we had to worry about. I often wonder if Morgellons is real and if so, what colossally short sighted scientific tinkering brought it into being.

edit on 23-3-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Trapped myself in a quote.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

What are morgellons ?

I'm probably more concerned about GMO more than anything right now too however some of these new virus's and diseases.......

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So , Al Gore is Right , ManBearPig Exists ? ........Geez !

link   
hang on, I take that back.....just realised what it is

link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You are wrong about that.....

Both the Nazis, Japanese and Americans used hundreds of thousands of human beings as guinea pigs
Wrong about what? I don't follow you, are you sure you replied to the correct person?

I personally am not against using human volunteers for experiments. If we opened that up further and wider no one would have to "illegally" have to conduct the experiments.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'm not sure I have the spelling correct for you, Blue Mirage. It is a skin disease that is a lot like really severe eczema, but has small colored fibers or threads embedded in the lesions. Some doctors acknowledge it as a legitimate disease, though unknown in origin and treatment but most do not think it is a disease so in some respects it shares that limbo status with Gulf War syndrome. Some say it's contagious. I don't know a whole lot about it but I know it is discussed somewhere on ATS. It could have an apostrophe in the spelling like "Morgellon's".

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist

You do make a valid point.
However, I feel we simply can't be trusted, collectively, to wield such power. The abuses of such are all too evident.
This will surely lead to terrible suffering. Like the article mentioned - if they display human characteristics, just kill 'em.
That thinking's baaaad (had to have a pun in there, sorry).
More terrible than the suffering of humans with horrible diseases? Could you elucidate on the point of "lead to terrible suffering"? If like you claim the Nazis et al have already experimented on humans, can you provide the evidence you have that notes this terrible suffering we are currently suffering due to the genetic experiments of the past in regards to humans?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, if we can create a strong hard working animal to do all our menial jobs the implementation could be endless.... they could even be put in coal mines so that we can go ahead with that new clean coal technology Obama was pushing (especially with nuclear reactor accident concerns). And if they evolve enough to protest in anyway we can create a religion with big, scary gods. You know, this just may work.........

WE can become like gods to them!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by doobydoll
This made me recoil in horror.

It makes me so angry to think how much suffering these Frankenstein scientists deliberately inflict on poor living creatures. It is beyond imagination.

And for what? To save US? So we may live longer? So that we can carry on with destroying our planet and everything on it?

We aren't worth the suffering and sacrifice of other living things - nothing is.

I'd like to punch their faces in for this. Really hard.
So have you ever taken a pill of any type? Do you use soap? Laundry soap for your clothes? Seen a doctor in your life? Painted your home?

If so, please punch yourself first.
edit on Wed, 23 Mar 2011 12:33:30 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: spelling again!

I knew someone would come out with these sad and pathetic justifications. If I told you I didn't you wouldn't believe me would you? And now you'll come up with hundreds of other different things.
Heard it all before so don't bother.

Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages. ~Jacques Deval, Afin de vivre bel et bien

We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form. ~William Ralph Inge, Outspoken Essays, 1922

From beasts we scorn as soulless,
In forest, field and den,
The cry goes up to witness
The soullessness of men.
~M. Frida Hartley

www.quotegarden.com...
edit on 23-3-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Just in case, Greely said, the committee recommended closely monitoring the mice’s behavior and immediately killing any that display human-like behavior. [own emphasis added]

Say what?
What would constitute "human behaviour"? Talking? Wearing clothes? Playing sports?

Stuart Little.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

It has already been done. Just review the supposedly mythological Sumerian texts. It is all there as if it were written today.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Saying we can't be trusted to wield such power is a cop out answer. We have the power and are using it. It really doesn't matter if we can't be trusted if we are using it already. It seems like a lot of people are using answers like that to a ton of topics. It's a fine statement but it really doesn't provide anything to help out or change the situation.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

why the picture of goats? They keep saying sheep but put up a goat picture.....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
From the Bible

Gen 6:11-13 And the earth was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God saw the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So, if human cells are inserted into an animal's brain or kidney or whatever, does only the infected organ take on human characteristics? If a lamb has had human stem cells injected into it's brain and the animal is 'euthanised', does eating a lamb chop constitute cannibalism?

ETA

Given as that there have been reports of organ transplant recipients taking on character and personality traits associated with the donar, will the recipients of genetically enhanced animal organs begin to baa and develop a liking for eating grass?
edit on 23/3/2011 by teapot because: ETA

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by Skate
This is in the wrong Forum...

Goats with Human Heads don't belong on a "Fragile Earth"...

Who cares, are you a mod? You replied just to say that? Your snooty comments are getting old.

Deebo

So you're saying I am not allowed to point this out? Show me where it says that in the rules. I'm just telling him how it is, and you're telling me I'm not allowed basically and that my "snooty" comments are getting old. All I've done is say it how it is. I don't see ANYTHING wrong about that so leave me be...[snip].
edit on 23/3/11 by masqua because: Removed personal attack

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It's disgusting and vile, but it's not the only disgusting and vile thing humans do. There's a long list. I don't think we've crossed a line here. This is just one step in a long line of steps that're disgusting and vile. Don't act surprised like this is the first time you've seen it. The rest of us have been seeing it for years. Our war is inside, and it's existential in nature.
edit on 23-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oh, and plus, the description for the "Fragile Earth" forum clearly states it is a

"Discussion of climate change, pollution, and environment issues".

The topic brought forth has absolutely nothing to do with this. That's all I am pointing out. I don't mean any negative things when doing this. I brought this up because it would be nice for the OP to clearly state how Goats with Human Heads has anything to with climate change, pollution, and environment issues such as Earthquakes and Tsunami's. I just feel like it's y'all trying to start a problem for me to make yourself seem like you're on a higher level than me, when really no one cares.

I'm just being me so be you. Gtfo of here with your "you're not a Mod" shenanigans. When you can show me the rule that states I'm not allowed to point out someone's flaw, I'll shut up.

Until then...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Life forms are a part of the environment. There are discussions of all kinds of GMO topics in Fragile Earth.

Or should we wait until some of these engineered beasts enter the wild and start affecting the environment in a more major way? An ounce of prevention; pound of cure.

GMO salmon was nearly released to live freely in the Columbia River. Luckily that was stopped (for now).

These animals can have a huge impact on our environment; for one, this experimentation may lead to new cross species diseases. I don't think this risk is worth the benefits. Look at how the AIDS epidemic developed due to human vaccines being developed using animals.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join