It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you've ever eaten at McDonald's you're condoning animal abuse FAR worse than this. You can't pick and choose which abuse is "okay". I totally agree with that comment on the first page; I'd rather die helping further the scientific advancement of a species than just being their food.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

I see nothing wrong with it. If it helps one person then it's worth it.
Epic fail on your bird thread by the way.

Lol, schools out, I see.
It's hilarious to me to see you forced to respond to this thread, just to attack my other one.

Bored much? Xbox broke??

Thankfully, your opinion of one of my threads means very little to me.

But thanks anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugged
If you've ever eaten at McDonald's you're condoning animal abuse FAR worse than this.

Indeed.
Infact, even the "Ethically reared" meat one can buy from supermarkets is questionable.

Thankfully, I live next to several longstanding farms and am able to easily source foods that do not get anywhere near the coporate bodies before they go in my mouth.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by Skate

Life forms are a part of the environment. There are discussions of all kinds of GMO topics in Fragile Earth.

Or should we wait until some of these engineered beasts enter the wild and start affecting the environment in a more major way? An ounce of prevention; pound of cure.

GMO salmon was nearly released to live freely in the Columbia River. Luckily that was stopped (for now).

These animals can have a huge impact on our environment; for one, this experimentation may lead to new cross species diseases. I don't think this risk is worth the benefits. Look at how the AIDS epidemic developed due to human vaccines being developed using animals.

Okay so then let's put this thread into the Scientific Forum and talk about science experiments, putting HUMAN HEADS on GOATS. That's science, has nothing to DO with Earth and how it's fragile. This kid's thread is more about the actual process of putting the two together, not how about it affects the environment.

Deeeeeeeerrrrrppppp

there it is.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Trippy! Now let's not let Monsanto get wind of this or they may start trying to grow organs in our corn!

I can just see it, stem cell fortified cornflakes...yum!
Seems this human-animal hybrid thing is making progress. I'm down for research that helps humans, and stem cells are so promising. But you know somewhere is a privately funded experiment with this stuff, and someone is pursuing their curiosity. Let's just hope we don't have a sheep with a human brain running down the streets baaaasking for help in a language that we speak!

spec

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Anyone who has owned a pet knows that animals feel. Giving them human brain potential and denying that would have any affect is laughable. Granted I did think Jesica Albas animal antics on her breakthrough series was cool. This is an abuse of the human soul. Giving a mouse or a sheep human brain potential then killing it when it expresses it is not only inhuman but murder.

Having said this I am sure there are even less ethical labs off shore from the North America where the island of Doctor Morau is as jut around the corner. This abuse of life by researchers and pharma corps is offensive.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugged
If you've ever eaten at McDonald's you're condoning animal abuse FAR worse than this. You can't pick and choose which abuse is "okay". I totally agree with that comment on the first page; I'd rather die helping further the scientific advancement of a species than just being their food.

The thing is, YOU can choose to die or not for "science". They can't.

We all have to eat something, and as you know, veggies aren't very filling.
edit on 3/23/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Anyone who has owned a pet knows that animals feel. Giving them human brain potential and denying that would have any affect is laughable. Granted I did think Jesica Albas animal antics on her breakthrough series was cool. This is an abuse of the human soul. Giving a mouse or a sheep human brain potential then killing it when it expresses it is not only inhuman but murder.

Having said this I am sure there are even less ethical labs off shore from the North America where the island of Doctor Morau is as jut around the corner. This abuse of life by researchers and pharma corps is offensive.

It's funny how we'll never learn much about nature and life, simply because we have to destroy life to find out how it works. There is only so much we can learn from dead animals.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Cool...bring in the satyr.....may be one will come out and say in a goat voice "da-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ddy!"

hahahaha

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Anything to further improve the human race I do not mind.

The Human race is the obvious dominant race on this planet. What's the big deal? We need to study to learn and we need to experiment to advance our technology and science.

We as an intelligent race deserve all that the universe has to offer. If it takes splicing genes with animals, then so be it.

I don't believe in any religion or any god, I simply believe if the universe allows it to happen then it's supposed to happen. What I mean is. If you look at a video game. You are only allowed to do what is coded within the game (it's universe). Our game (universe) is only limited by what we discover and learn, which so far seems limitless. Until the universe stops allowing us to do something then that is the only time we should be stopping. Until then I say carry on.

Where would we be if we didn't experiment?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I find it hilarious some people are saying that humans don't deserve to live because of things like this.

You would soon be changing your tune if you became sick and needed an organ transplant.

We breed animals just to eat them, so why not change their genetics, then breed them for medical purposes.

Maybe I'm just selfish, but I see no wrong in this.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
it's only a matter of time, if not already done, when the try this bullsh-t on apes and chimps and we have a planet of the apes scenario.

what are you trying to accomplish growing a human brain in a mouse.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
using brain cells that are humans, means nothing the complexity of the nervous system in the human body plays a
huge part in how a brain works in a human, there are also many other factors that contribute to this, it cannot work this way on a sheep by merely using human brain cells, we may just have some sheep that don't follow each other running into fences 24/7, I think using these brain cells will have mostly, no effect all, did we find any info on the mice with human brains that are next to take over the world?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is great news. I hope the scientific community does more work in the same direction.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by n0tsan3
Meet someone with a degenerative brain disease and then tell me that experiments on animals is wrong. I think experimenting on lower life forms for the sake of a medical break through is well worth it. Maybe I'm just a degenerate but I think this is fine.

Yea, thats what is wrong with us now...Kill something else so "WE" can live...I don't care if you have 100 brain, heart, liver transplants...You "R" going to die....Would you kill your pet that has brought so much love and happiness into your meaningless life to live a extra month? This isn't directed at anyone here..it's directed to everyone in this world...Greed and self Centeredness is why we are in the mess we are in now....Why be mad at TPTB then?..hell, they just want to live a little long too....no matter who they have to run their test on.....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

But these animals are not pets.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

That's pretty disturbing. What if using a humans brain inside a sheep, would make it think like a human , and feel like one too. That would be eerie, thinking like a human, but trapped in a sheeps body

Then again, if this does happen, does that mean the sheep would have human rights as well

Baaaa

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Who gave them authority to approve human brain cells in brain material of animals, whether they are harvested or not?

Guess what, I do know what this a soft core peddling for. Leaking out their tech in a small way for karma to be dumped on people. And this isn't soft core, its horrendous beyond imagination.

Whats going on in those underground dumbs is horrrific and horrendous abuse of human souls beyond your worst nightmares.

They clone ets and do adbuction hybrid programs, and use some ET dna. They make super soldiers and ET ones, and they do animal/insect human cross's beyond your worst nightmare and put souls in them as its co-op with their entities, they serve, and lots of humans go onto the wrong channels, give permission by not trying to discover what life is about and overcoming themselves, their weaknesses. So people who have given permissions to the wrong channels, they have access to them, and that is what those soul traps mentioned are all about as well.

And some of those UFO's that hover, well they can't very well successfully shoot all the crafts, but if Russia, China or some other country wants to spy on you, they send their ETs and crafts over.

If people actually wake up before any depopulation stuff goes down, then maybe, just maybe we can actually mount a rescue because we need to do something about this.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

Originally posted by Skate

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by Skate

Life forms are a part of the environment. There are discussions of all kinds of GMO topics in Fragile Earth.

Or should we wait until some of these engineered beasts enter the wild and start affecting the environment in a more major way? An ounce of prevention; pound of cure.

GMO salmon was nearly released to live freely in the Columbia River. Luckily that was stopped (for now).

These animals can have a huge impact on our environment; for one, this experimentation may lead to new cross species diseases. I don't think this risk is worth the benefits. Look at how the AIDS epidemic developed due to human vaccines being developed using animals.

Okay so then let's put this thread into the Scientific Forum and talk about science experiments, putting HUMAN HEADS on GOATS. That's science, has nothing to DO with Earth and how it's fragile. This kid's thread is more about the actual process of putting the two together, not how about it affects the environment.

Deeeeeeeerrrrrppppp

there it is.

That's not an insult. That's me calling somebody kid because I have no idea how old he/she is. I call everybody kid, thanks XBox live!

Nice try though.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I thought something was odd about this dog!: lol:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join