It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"Ultimately for the human race" Your words and if my child were in need of an organ I'd stoop to anything. So we can kill these sweet animals for meat and use their wool for every kind of warmth but we can't use them to save the human race???

Sorry but I am rather puzzled - I say (as claimed in the Bible) God made us above the animals and gave us a brain!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Important news, although this has been going on for quite a while. (Think about it - how long does it take to get from experimentation to industrialized farm production - and check old posts on "chimeras.")

Then people wonder why so many diseases are jumping species and kingdom barriers! ...We're weaving a truly tangled web.

Putting ethical beliefs aside for a moment, THAT point about species-jumping diseases gives pause for thought.

So it should.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They said they have already done it with mice. Does that mean there might be a Pinky and the Brain in a lab somewhere trying to take over the world every night? Are we going to see the rats of NIMH for real? Will we have to recognize basic rights for these hybrids? How long before we can create soldiers? How long before we can create slaves/servants?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
it would seem we have a case of
SLEEPING MODS

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

If you're referring to the post above yours, you're way off-base.

Those are REALLY good questions:

Will we have to recognize basic rights for these hybrids?

How long before we can create soldiers?

How long before we can create slaves/servants?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If you will do any thing?
Go kill a human. we have to many any way.

you wake up in hospital,
your new kidenys work great.
and for dinner?
Mutton...
well you can not just wast the rest?

hmmm would this mean that he is no longer human?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Uggh the thought of creating humans with animal parts or vice versa makes me sick to my stomach.
Can anyone tell me the point in it or is it to say ''hey,look what we can do''?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

We are truly doomed as a (benevolent) species unless we can get away from these common and vile abuses of the living creatures of this once beautiful planet

One step at a time, one step at a time. Right now with human scientific research we need other animals to simulate our experiments. It is the best way we know how to do it so far.

With time, we will figure out how to do this with just a super computer or two, just give it a couple more years. That is all that is asked.

All animal experiments are not done in vein, but in hope. We hope to learn enough through this biological testing phase right now, in order to learn to learn our answers to our questions we raise in our simulation science experiments in non biological harming tests.

Just a couple more years is all it will take. I promise.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Good on you....

and I like your avatar...it's refreshing and different

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There are goats out there that have spiderweb enzymes in their milk, too. Part of me thinks it's wrong, and part of me wants to see just how crazy the things we make can get. How long till we start splicing ourselves.

When can I get my damn laser beam eyes.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
Very interesting. I don't know what to think though.

At first glance, I'm thinking woah this is totally wrong why would we want to do something like this.

Then I'm thinking kill a lamb for meat and use it's organs for transplants.

Oh I don't know...

Ugghhhh can you imagine that?

"Hey bob, how's the heart and lung transplant?"
"Oh great, feels good to breathe... How was my liver?"
"Oh delicious..."

edit on 23/3/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Wow this really takes the term sheeple to a whole other level, I wonder how long it will be before we create some kind of super human sheep race that wants to destroy the world

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Well shooooot. Nothing new here. Back in the Old Testament days shepherds were instructed not to mess around with girl sheeps. The resultant hybrids are probably where religion came from.

In old Egyptian times these half and halfs were common. There are paintings and reliefs of them all over the place. They were not "gods". They were "special purpose thingies".

If this guy gets some really smart sheep we might consider electing one of them president of the USA. Hell we couldn't be worst off then we are now.

edit on 23-3-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Any one else thinking about the rats of nihm?
But really do you think a true scientist would destroy a mouse that started "acting" human.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I look at this and similar posts, full of actual sheeple, entertaining useless dogma... Unaware of such acts being done on a larger scale in top secret underground facilities like Dulce and countless others around the world. In those experiments, they actually get the animal/human to gurgle...

It's a shame a 'conspiracy' website entertains such bs, yet I say that all the time... I can't believe this post dragged me away from my MK Ultra research, maybe I should hit the political section with that next.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

This may be Hollywood but just how far from the real truth is it really?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This stuff us a little too Fankensteinian for my tastes. I don't think humans have enough responsibility for this technology. I was able (barely) to wrap my mind around the goats with human organs, I mean hey, we eat them right? But the mice with human brains is just so WRONG. How would you like to be trapped in the body of a mouse? and most likely mentally disabled? That's a horrible thing to do to someone, and if it has a human brain, then dammit, it's a human trapped in a mouse body!

Their solution? Kill it.
That's the one thing they got right. Put it out of it's misery...like that little fly with the white head.

Sorry, but no human would do this.
...and if our species is capable of this then we have failed as a race and need to be exterminated, all of us.
Sorry.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

edit on 23-3-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join