It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm going with the do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Think about alien abductions, storys of people being experimented on, impregnated, and just plain violated. That scares you does it not? That is pretty much what they are doing to the animals. Sure it could do very well for us, but we think too much about US. Would you want to be experimented on so an alien race could live over 250years? (or something other) I could give 2 *snip* about them; so why would an animal care about us?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons the civilization of Atlantis collapsed. Their scientists were making animal/human hybrids.

We should not be mixing animal and human dna together. It's dangerous. We do not know what types of diseases will evolve out of this. Please stop.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
i find this exceptionally disturbing. i honestly have no words. Organs are one thing but the brains part just is a little too weird for me

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As long as the animals death serves a purpose, I'm not opposed. Though I do advocate conditions being as comfortable as can be along with the most humane experimentation available.
Certain sacrifices need to be made, no matter how "bad", for the advancement of science.
I would rather these experiments take place on animals that can later be euthanized instead of having another Willowbrook or various clinical and Harvard studies on random segments of the population.
I do take issue, however, with superficial endeavors like experimentation on animals for cosmetic research. To me, it must serve a VALID purpose, such as curing diseases, advancing knowledge of organ reproduction and stem cells, etc.

I took issue and am upset watching the severed dog's head being revived with the precursor to the autojektor (Whether or not the video is a hoax, the experiments themselves were well documented), but I also realize no matter how sad it is, that invention was important in the advancement of human science and health.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

Not with human brain tissue and dna. Why are they releasing this info when people should be opposed? Think about it. Karmic issue. There is a right and wrong issue. And they wnat to keep people to manipulate them like this. I put they've even put souls in some. You don't know the programs the black ops have.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
lol imagine being a human mice, being all smart and stuff, trying to escape.... taking over the world..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Yeah, and if we were able to do the same thing in reverse with reptiles we would have.....us.
This has already been done.
We are not fully human. We never were.
The percentage of reptilian DNA is weaker in us and stronger in the Powerful Elite but none of us are
fully human, Unless the word human automatically referrs to the mixing of Reptilian DNA and the DNA of our
ancestors whatever they may be called.

Again, this has already been done and we are living proof.

This is so totally untrue and irresponsible of you to make such a claim.
How is our DNA reptilian?
"We are not fully human. We never were."...what nonsense is that?
That very statement would imply that we're something other than what we are.
Okay, show me some evidence that we're something other than human.
Furthermore, if you mention the r-complex to support your statement, that'd concretely prove that you have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This will only work well in theory me things, making sheep with human organs for transplanting just does not work as smooth as that, even in human to human transplant operations the failure rate and rejection rate is very high even in compatible humans, that they have to be on drugs that suppress the immune system for years and even then it might fail.
www.aakp.org...

So I don't think sheep or cow or whatever other animal, to human would be any better, and there are probably better things to do with this technology and stem cells. If anything this would probably just make species specific diseases more adaptable to humans. Not saying it cant be done, just that it wont be all cake, it could probably spawn as many problems or more, then it solves, and probably there are better ways.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'll say it again. A human brain is a human brain. I don't care if it's in the body of a mouse. I don't care if it's mentally handicapped due to size or missing regions. It's human dammit. Would you people feel more comfortable if the human brain was in a dog? How about a chimp or gorilla? Less comfortable now?

Because that's what's coming.

It is our brains that make us human. Those are mice with human brains, and I've never heard of anything so repulsive and inhuman to do to a creature, a newborn child, born severely brain damaged and trapped in the body of a mouse (or other creature).

It's beyond sick, it's evil.
edit on 24-3-2011 by woghd because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If I may comment so people don't think some ones dog is about to steal a dudes pants (or dress). This kind of research as far as I have heard is designed to do things like implant genes that express proteins, to name something. Or could be applied to using an antibody that may protect a sheep against anthrax, for example, and impart that immunity to humans. Anthrax is a well "distributed" bio-weapon. Poor mans nuke. Cells that control hormones, gamma globulin, perhaps using some chemical that animals who hibernate use, and using it to help stroke victims. Or allowing bio-molecular stasis for deep space flight, or a (likely hormone-and something else) to even allow humans to regenerate organs like limbs or livers, take note those of you who drink... The possibility of a real animal Chimera is not impossible but whats the point? Look like the Egyptian God Anubis? Christ you won't know wether to chase a cat, or build something. Come on people. And a just so you know, we get a whole lot of our drugs/etc from animals like skin from pigs we use for severe burn victims, their skin is very close to ours. And also we get insulin (since the 1920s approximately) also from pigs. Even single "gelatin" capsule the drug companies screw, I mean provide for "capsules", largely the Prescription stuff. That comes from bone. Odd ehe? The research potential is tremendous. But yes we need to be reasonable and not waste time in stupid, admittedly creepy stuff. Not something where your kid starts to bark... Don't they already whine? Well? But hey, they actually behave! Wow! Looks like Lassie, don't tell his Mom... How do you think we are looking to enhance, or just restore things like vision, hearing? I don't think giving humans the ability to smell like a dog would go over well... Replace shaking hands with, oh yuck... But...

What about the potential for hyper-human senses? Humans with Dolphin like sonar? I may stop running into things in the dark, or maybe not but the research to give humans incredible sensory ability is moving forward and then our still primitive "manufactured, non-bio technology" it's coming. (Would that be bat sonar, or should I call you "Flipper".) That (Bat Buzz) would actually be better for terrestrial use. Point of this? Things are now changing and a lot of this is now being designed. We need to be rational and not scared because it's so, creepy. We can control that so that it does not have to be, creepy.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm all for testing of things like this. Lets do it, and get it over with. In order for us to advance scientifically, things like this must be done. One of these days when there is no cancer, aids, mental disabilities, physical birth defects....etc...we will owe it to those "barbaric" times when humans had to do things like this (and much worse) in order to get the data they need.

The tin foil hat crowd in the UFO forums always talk about how advanced the aliens are that are visiting us, and how they mastered their own genetics. You think they mastered their genetics by sitting at a table and studying, or by actually doing the field work and collecting data? Sure, we would view them as very advanced, but they got their data to progress their society the same way we are doing now. The more data we get, the better our computer programming becomes, the less we will have to to this type of stuff that folks don't have a stomach for.

You wanna omelet, you gotta break a few eggs. You want cures for all that ails humanity, you have to freak a few thousand mindless pieces of meat. Buck up and deal with it, or embrace the diseased lifestyle you currently live. When you are diabetic, overweight, cancer ridden and on your deathbed.....in pain and miserable, I am sure the last thing on your mind would be saving the sheep, lab rats and stem cells from being used to save your life.

Personally, if it meant sacrificing millions of animals, and even thousands of humans too, in order to get the knowledge that allows us to create a way to cure to every major disease I would sign up, even if I was one that would be sacrificed.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Dr, Mengele couldn't have said it better.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

The comments like; "evil, against nature", and general tone. Want to see events and times where people were just as frightened? History is a gift but only if you realize its not new, all this has happened many times before, not in specific areas but our reaction to it, all old news. The steam engine 1820's. Not just big, very noisy but good Lord those things killed people made ghastly sounds, seemed "evil" and more. Now that was a very dangerous technology. Stunk, and the inconvenient habit of often blowing up. And they still overcharged you.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by woghd

I don't know for sure if your statement was a general or directed "observation". But you are apparently blessed and don't have cancer, are blind because of a stupid accident (no fault, it's called primitive technology and the result is oh, to bad), don't have diabetes cancer, ever been a survivor of a 2nd or 3rd degree burn, or at 28 had your g** dam leg blown off by a f****** IED! That just is not good enough, but what makes me angry is "Do you actually know who the beast Mengele was? The utter nonsense of idiots who seek racial purity, he wanted the world blue eyed and blond, (heard the phrase idiot cousin?,) In-breeding and LESS bio-diversity reduces species robustness and options. I am hoping for the exact opposite of "purity" Diversity and the chance to help people with very unpleasant problems, and force change so those horrible things are things only read about. I'm sorry if I'm upset but the "beast" you mentioned was not something me or our history can ever dismiss. Or throw around with out feeling the pain just that name invokes. I know that 28yr old and if up to be he'll do a f****** Irish Jig!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by SweetRevenge

Not with human brain tissue and dna. Why are they releasing this info when people should be opposed? Think about it. Karmic issue. There is a right and wrong issue. And they wnat to keep people to manipulate them like this. I put they've even put souls in some. You don't know the programs the black ops have.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)
Your posts are so interesting, I wish you would make a thread and discuss these black ops. I am very interested in reading more from you on this topic, at some point.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by woghd
Give me a break how dramatic. Meaningless rhetoric. Gene therapy has the potential to do great things, we are not talking about rounding up people and doing experiments on them by force.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Getting serious, I would not have a problem fast growing a clone for spare parts if I needed a new heart, liver, pancreas, etc. since there would be no rejection. It would be a piece of meat without anyone home. Now if they learn to transfer consciousness to a younger custom grown body that would be OK too.

Thinking about it some more, we might be able to add gills and fins to live in the oceans, Maybe wings if could works mass vs lift vs wing size to create angel like features to fly around.
edit on 3/24/2011 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: add on

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
meh i say bring it. mankind has been on the super highways to self destruction since it discovered fire. so who cares how we get there. lets show this planet how outrageous we can be before we blink out of existence. to hell with it lets go out with a bang. humanity should and will face annihilation at its own hands. the poetic beauty this is in line with how nature irony and karma works. we are a doomed species. so bring on the minotaurs bring on the harpies and centaurs. at leaf we have have something cool to look at before we bow out.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Is this what the world has amounted to?

Scientific advancement hindered by moral political correctness?

I swear, the amount of insecurity some of you folks display is disturbing, and from that fact, you all fear something harmless and desire to control others because of such insecurities.

I think a call for mental maturity should be ordered.

My 0.015

Seriously, where is the down-flag button?
edit on 24-3-2011 by Scarcer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I was wondering if anyone was thinking of the Island of Dr Moreau, that movie was very disturbing, a glimpse perhaps into what could (does?) happen when we try and give animals our genes, I havent read the book yet...
I think this kind of thing will continue until we collectively flick the switch on our perceptions of reality and lift our concioussness together, we can make this world a better place we just have to choose to make it a better place, the first step is by refusing to participate any longer in this social structure we know is causing more damage than good, civilisation was not set up to benefit us, it was set up to benefit the families of TPTB so why are we bending over for them?? Why are we accepting their "culture"??
We dont need their "civilisation", theres nothing civil about it!

Anyho, this closing line from the island of Dr Moreau sums it up pretty well I think;

This is a true record of what I saw. I set it down only leaving out the longitude and latitude of the island, as a warning to all who would follow in Moreau's footsteps. Most times, I keep the memory far in the back of my mind, a distant cloud. But there are times when the little cloud spreads, until it obscures the sky. And those times I look around at my fellow men and I am reminded of some likeness of the beast-people, and I feel as though the animal is surging up in them. And I know they are neither wholly animal nor holy man, but an unstable combination of both. As unstable as anything Moreau created. And I go... in fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join