It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists create animals that are part-human

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by woghd
Dr, Mengele couldn't have said it better.
Give me a break how dramatic. Meaningless rhetoric. Gene therapy has the potential to do great things, we are not talking about rounding up people and doing experiments on them by force.

The mice have human brains. Am I really the only one that gets this? How would you like to be in that situation? A newborn HUMAN child trapped in the body of a mouse of all things, and horribly brain deformed. Real Nice. What a great species we must be.

Soon we will see human brains in other animals, and when the skull size no longer precludes underdevelopment, we will be able to behold the wonder of a fully developed human brain trapped in the body of some animal, having experiments done on it.

This is certainly a proud moment in human history.

Don't everyone jump on me for invoking Mengele...this stuff is worse than anything he ever did.
Mentally disabled human children trapped in animal bodies, it makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

That's sick

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'd frankenstein out 100,000 sheep to save 1 human. They are only sheep ppl get a grip.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I would argue that with the many new advances in energy understanding, understanding of quantum mechanics, we don't even know exactly what it means to BE human. Are we actually separate individuals as we've always believed? No, we are interconnected blobs of energy with a purpose.

Given that, why should it be viewed as negative if we use science to better our ability to live?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
"Just in case, Greely said, the committee recommended closely monitoring the mice’s behavior and immediately killing any that display human-like behavior"

Well gee, i feel so much better knowing that they will just murder it.

If they can do this, then next --> maybe they can figure out a way to change one's species, and then use it on me because i've almost had enough of belonging to this one.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Cruelty to my animal brethren pisses me right off, why the hell would you do this evil on innocent creatures??

Because those doing it and approving of it would sooner see peadophiles and rapists etc let out of jail, I say test on those scum ....... EVIL

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If there is any credence to this being scientific experimintation that betters the existance of humanity, then I am all for it. I will have to read about this before I formulate a proper opinion. But on the notion of animal rights, I am not yet concerned with it. I am disapointed that we torture animals daily, but untill we solve humanity's problems, political, economical and enviromental, I won't be allocating or advocating the allocation of time and resources to fighting this problem. I have to admit though, I love eating meat and it saddens me that not every animal is humanely killed, like the ones that end up on my plate.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by woghd

The mouse does not have a baby inside of it. No baby is trapped in a mouse body. Just because a mouse may contain human dna, it doesnt make it a human. It is like a computer, the genes are like data, and by doing the research and experiments, it is like downloading new or different data into an organism/animal/human and tweaking it to perform better.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo

Cruelty to my animal brethren pisses me right off, why the hell would you do this evil on innocent creatures??

Because those doing it and approving of it would sooner see peadophiles and rapists etc let out of jail, I say test on those scum ....... EVIL
What in the hell do pedophilies have to do with topic? Fearmonger rhetoric much?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Are they animals?

THEY HAVE HUMAN BRAINS.

That makes them a human trapped in an animal body.
A human child.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by woghd
Are they animals?

THEY HAVE HUMAN BRAINS.

That makes them a human trapped in an animal body.
A human child.
You can shout but no it does not make them human.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by woghd

The mouse does not have a baby inside of it. No baby is trapped in a mouse body. Just because a mouse may contain human dna, it doesnt make it a human. It is like a computer, the genes are like data, and by doing the research and experiments, it is like downloading new or different data into an organism/animal/human and tweaking it to perform better.

This isn;t a little sprinkling of human DNA spliced into a mouse, (thats bad enough)
These are mice with brains that are 100% human. That makes them human. Deformed, but human.
And this is all just so very very sick.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

all i can say is...

Fkin cool!

Note: a mouse brain made of human brain cells is not a human brain. its a mouse brain made of human brain cells
edit on 24-3-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recouper

We are what we are. We need to collectively come first from our own collective perspective.

Who would you die for? You're goldfish?

Who you callin' a goldfish

edit on 24-3-2011 by BrianDamage because: cos I did

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
They say that is the mice start showing human behavior, they will kill them!
What could a mouse do that would make anyone think it was showing human behavior?

(I have a vision of a mouse reading the paper and dunking Hobnobs in a mug of tea).

In all seriousness, they would have to kill them, it could be catastrophic for us humans if they took over the world.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

No it is a human brain deformed to fit a mouse skull. Mouse brains can only be made from mouse cells. If it makes people more comfortable to swallow this evil by saying "they are still only mice!", then so be it, but no amount of mouse cells can ever make a human brain, nor is the reverse true.

This is an evil, evil thing they are doing..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
to me this is no different then taking candy from a baby..

for yourself, you'd destroy another

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Well they aren't human, but when they say "exhibit human-like behavior", if that's a possibility... then it raises a whole lot of issues to me, like what kind of weird, bizarre thoughts could be going on inside such a creature, what kind of psychological torture could it produce? Is it really worth it?

And if that did happen, would they even stop to think about what they're doing? No, they will just "immediately killing any that display human-like behavior" - so now it' must be killed BECAUSE it is more human-like?

Sounds.... murder-like to me. Ok so maybe it's just a mouse, or a sheep, but with these human brain cells, and how little we understand the very concept of "thought" and "consciousness", i just think this is a bad road to go down. Just not good, i think either nature... or god, or whatever you believe.... is not going to like this kind of tampering. But hey, we're human we can't help ourselves, we are curious to the point of madness and beyond i guess.

I guess we will just.... see what happens

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I believe breeding for medical science is a good thing i see nothing wrong with it..I hope the scientific community does alot more work with this..I for one want to live Ive seen so many of my close friends die from the same genetic disease that i have..
We need experiment to advance our technology if you were in my shoes and many other like me you wouldn't be saying this is horrible ..The last thing on my mind is save the sheep its save lives..many will not agree with me and that's fine i understand its a touchy subject..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Have any of you watched ''black sheep''

This is soo not a good idea

edit on 24-3-2011 by Mentalistbee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join