It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public enemy number one: Organised Religion.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline
Hello IAMIAM just made an account today and wanted to say that i have followed your threads for a long time (know this isn't one of them) just wanted to say the things you write about are truly amazing keep up the good work. Look forward to hopefully chatting in the near future.

Originally posted by TechVampyre
I would just like to add that is a very good point you bring up AmerikanDekline, IAMIAM is a amazing contributor to the boards..And I personally, STRONGLY respect his option. I have read many of the threads he has authored, and many of his posts.. and i have a great deal of respect for this member.

IAMIAM keep up the great work on the boards.

Originally posted by hawaii50th
Second, IamIam put it together pretty good. You know the first time IamIam and I crossed paths we didn't agree on a hugh level. But over time, I have seen a different person in him that has a very good message coming into view.
Stars for you IamIam, keep up the faith.

I appreciate the sentiments my friends, but I really do nothing. What you find in my words comes from within you. That is the secret to these symbols we put into books and now share on computer screens around the world. They are nothing until they are observed by another and that person puts meaning to them. The meaning assigned comes from themselves.

Truth is universal because when truth is hit upon, it isn't through some miracle that someone has managed to convince another it is true, it is because he has said what all know resides in the heart. If my words seem amazing, it is because of the amazing truth within YOU, not me. I simply put the symbols out there that draw out your own wisdom.

I am a fool for love, that is all.

So, give all credit to that universal consciousness that resides in our heart. Call it God, the Father, Allah, Krishna, Grand Father, what ever you will, but give it all the credit for endowing us with this universal truth buried within us all.

May it unite us into the Brotherhood of Man.

With Love,

Your Brother

Yes, we do not take credit of wisdom that comes from God not from our own minds. We open ourselves up to the love that God wants us to share with others and let Him open us up to the potential that we are capable of only by letting Him lead.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Reprobation

Look at it this way, It makes far more sense to say "How can something exist that has a beginning?" Things that exist are formed of matter.. Things can change in form but can not come into or go out of existence..Matter will always remain.

Every single thing in the entire universe is comprised of matter.. which was then Re-used to form your TV, or the very laptop you are typing this on.. from the never ending matter. For example If you light a log on fire.. The fire burns, how ever the matter still exists.. In the soil the log created..

So nothing that exists had a beginning. the Universe is a giant place filled with all existants.. and all of the matter these existants are made of.. The Universe has no "beginning" but like water it can change forms over time.

This is called natural law link.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The reason why is because despite the very many different ways of understanding the truth, the overwhelming majority KNOW there is something greater than themselves.

I think the truth of the matter is weaker people want to belong to something greater than themselves. A team. A society. A religion. Anything bigger than they are. A strong mind does not need anything greater than they are.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by IAMIAM

The reason why is because despite the very many different ways of understanding the truth, the overwhelming majority KNOW there is something greater than themselves.

I think the truth of the matter is weaker people want to belong to something greater than themselves. A team. A society. A religion. Anything bigger than they are. A strong mind does not need anything greater than they are.

No my friend, only a fool or a blind man cannot look to the Heavens and KNOW they are just a small part of something much greater.

There is more strength in acknowledging this fact, than there is in cowering from it.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 23-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Go re read this entire thread and respond with something useful..As, you clearly did not read any of it.. This has already been discussed.

Don't come at me with insults.. Do more then 2 minutes of skimming a thread and then you may have the grounds to respond to it with something of value.

I didn't insult you, i just said that you have gathered the premise of your post from a debunked source. There was no other reason for me to read through the rest of the thread.

And as for the theory that organised religion is public enemy number one, then yes i agree that the big religions are full of hypocrisy and have caused many problems. However that is another issue in itself, i don't believe that zeitgeist teachings need to come into the equation.

I guess i'm saying that the distortion of religion is the cause for many problems, not the original teachings of christendom.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Caleb.K because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Caleb.K because: Fixing Quote

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

[*SNIP*]

If it can't come into existence, as you say, then how will it "always remain"? Seems like a contradiction, because "remaining" is an affirmation of existence. And whatever changes has a beginning. Change is in reality a beginning (the change began and it ended, otherwise, if you say it is eternal, will it ever get to that next form? No.) and anything with a beginning needs to be brought into existence. Having been brought into existence is to have been created, so everything with a beginning is created. In other words, all change is created. Seems to me that you are positing that, since, according to you, the universe is comprised of matter, and that matter beginning-less, then, as you say, the universe is beginning-less. I responded to this notion - i.e., the notion of the universe being beginning-less two posts ago - and affirming that the universe changes while believing that it is beginning-less are, as presented, mutually contradictory. You can't have both. Unintelligent matter didn't design this illustrious universe.

Mod note: Large quote removed.
edit on 3/24/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Accidental double post removed for member.
edit on 3/24/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Reprobation

This is scientific fact.. If you want to argue with Scientific fact..Be my guest..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I have still been watching this thread closely..I'm not in the mood to participate at this point with anything that would be relevant..

You mean you just want ignore posts that address you and the OP?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk

I have still been watching this thread closely..I'm not in the mood to participate at this point with anything that would be relevant..

Again, No need for pointless attacks.. You have no grounds to do so..

Go back and try to begin and comprehend anything that has gone on in the last 2 pages of this thread..

If you have anything of use to add please do so.. otherwise off topics will be reported and removed..

And pointless attacks are for the most part taking as ill-mannered and you will lose 1000 points.. Maybe you should stop and think before you post.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Go back and try to begin and comprehend anything that has gone on in the last 2 pages of this thread..

If you have anything of use to add please do so.. otherwise off topics will be reported and removed..

And pointless attacks are for the most part taking as ill-mannered and you will lose 1000 points.. Maybe you should stop and think before you post.

Go ahead report all my posts, while you are at it why don't you try to respond to any of them that address the topic.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Go ahead report all my posts, while you are at it why don't you try to respond to any of them that address the topic.

What is it that you want addressed ? If it is over the zeitgeist garbage.. Go back and re-read the first two pages.. Are you blind or something ?

I'm getting real tired of you..Real fast..Why don't you take a look at the conversation between Reprobation and I..And try to wrap your head around any of what has been discussed here.. As, I doubt you will.

EDIT: Before you bother posting again, Unless you have something of use or value.. I will not be responding to you.. It is not worth getting points taking away over. Enough said.
edit on 24-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Go back and read all the things i said about the OP that have nothing to do with your mindless repeating of peter joseph.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reprobation
Unintelligent matter didn't design this illustrious universe.

As opposed to "intelligent matter"? No such thing.
Nor is there any evidence of the universe being designed.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

While there are often many many claims of simmilarities between horus and jesus there are in fact very little. Horus's mother isis was not a virgin she was married to Osiris and she had sex with his dead body or just penis to create him.
There were no “three wise men” at Horus’ birth
Horus was born in a swamp not a cave
Seb was Osiris’ father, not Horus’.
There is not tie between "seb" and joseph
Horus was never baptized so there is no “Anup the baptiser” in the story.
I could go on but that stuff is just outright lies and misunderstandings, try to find any of this stuff about horus from a neutral source, that is find this stuff on horus from a place that is not saying that horus= jesus. If it is true should be pretty easy to find right? Egyptian book of the dead is a good start

Religion in the past was an inseparable instrument of the state and law.

No..... In some places maybe but for the most part no. Homosexuality was outlawed in Rome long before the christians took over as one example.

religions were “created” by men or divine power to control the humanity.

Kind of like spreading the jesus=horus BS story? Tell people a bunch of lies then try to tell them their religion is just for control? Like your lies are better than theirs

Source
edit on 23-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

Is this what you are going on about?

Religion was used in the past time, and time again.. To make citizens "obey" the law.. Recall the Salem witch trials?

In the past citizens had no reason to obey the law..So "god" was employed to put fear into society.. To make them want to obey the law. How do you not know this?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

No that is not what i was going on about but...
Religion has been used to make people obey the law anymore than anything else. Rome had laws and they had nothing to do with religion until the christians took over. But some of the most oppresice states in history have been ruled by atheists. Cambodia,Soviet Russia, North Korea and those are all pretty close to modern day.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

No that is not what i was going on about but...
Religion has been used to make people obey the law anymore than anything else. Rome had laws and they had nothing to do with religion until the christians took over. But some of the most oppresice states in history have been ruled by atheists. Cambodia,Soviet Russia, North Korea and those are all pretty close to modern day.

It's very simple to tell you the truth.. Go ask any member on the boards, Outside of the religious boards..and you will receive the same answer. YES religion has been used many,many times to make people obey the law.

And how many times in the past have people been persecuted for there religious beliefs..?

How many problems has religion caused us as a society.. And if your answer is none, Then you are sadly mistaking my friend.. If something such as religion causes as many problems as it does in our society, you have to stop and ask your self why..? why all the conflict.. It can't be over nothing now can it?

God and Government being brought together is a very major issue my friend.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

But some of the most oppresice states in history have been ruled by atheists.

Disingenuous argument. Hitler and Pol Pot were vegetarians, therefore, the most oppressive states in history have been ruled by vegetarians. Vegetarians must therefore be evil. The actions of madmen can't be reduced to a simple matter of belief or disbelief just as they can't be reduced to a simple matter of diet.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

But some of the most oppresice states in history have been ruled by atheists.

Disingenuous argument. Hitler and Pol Pot were vegetarians, therefore, the most oppressive states in history have been ruled by vegetarians. Vegetarians must therefore be evil. The actions of madmen can't be reduced to a simple matter of belief or disbelief just as they can't be reduced to a simple matter of diet.

But its perfectly okay for people to make the same arguments about religion? Most arguments here about religion are the same thing. "Religion is for controll of people....Religion is responsible for the deaths of millions"

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

soon your public enemy # 1 and all true christians will be gone, but there will still be a religion, a one world religion ,and you will worship the beast or die. disbelieve it , hate it, debunk it now ,because when you hear of the millions that have been removed from this earth, then and only then will christian haters believe.

If I am wrong I have nothing to lose, but if the haters are wrong then you have everything to lose, including your very soul. here's hoping you all wake up!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join