Public enemy number one: Organised Religion.

page: 9
24
<< 6  7  8   >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think what he is saying is that those atoms have to first come into exsistance before there is water or anything else for that matter.




posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer
 


Do unto others, etc

Love they neighbor, etc


Sounds pretty close



posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
What christianity are people following these days? Has anyone here actually read the bible or are people just making up stuff they think they'd like to believe about Jesus? Equality of culture, race and gender was not part of Jesus' agenda.


I have read a page or two my friend. Of course Christ taught equality of culture, race, and gender. That was more than part of his agenda, it was his WHOLE agenda.

What scripture that Jesus taught that you think means anything different?

I could provide numerous examples of his teachings to prove my point if you like, but it will certainly be easier if you just post what you think teaches otherwise.

With Love,

Your Brother



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Without doubt, christianity is the most hardened villain of the religious world. Almost all wars waged, are waged under or defended under christanity. But this "religion" fits well with wars, after all, christianity IS a "religion" based solely on fear. Fear the invisible man in the sky or burn in an imaginary pit of fire ruled by spooky demon creatures. And in the meantime, you need to give all your money to the invisible man, cause he's broke. Yeah, cool belief system y'all got there. No wonder the US Gov't likes to align itself with christianity. They make great partners in international crime.

And you may notice that when I type the word christanity, I don't allow the Google Spell check to "properly" capitalize the "c". Thats fully intentional.
edit on 3/26/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Without doubt, christianity is the most hardened villain of the religious world. Almost all wars waged, are waged under or defended under christanity. But this "religion" fits well with wars, after all, christianity IS a "religion" based solely on fear. Fear the invisible man in the sky or burn in an imaginary pit of fire ruled by spooky demon creatures. And in the meantime, you need to give all your money to the invisible man, cause he's broke. Yeah, cool belief system y'all got there. No wonder the US Gov't likes to align itself with christianity. They make great partners in international crime.

And you may notice that when I type the word christanity, I don't allow the Google Spell check to "properly" capitalize the "c". Thats fully intentional.
edit on 3/26/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)





posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


From this link

www.elroy.net...

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." It is the ultimate norm of high morality in our culture. Sure there are other morals by which we live, but this one phrase embodies our most cherished value: that we should treat people as we would like to be treated.

if they are not following the Golden Rule themselves, then how can they expect others to believe they are defenders of it? And if they are indeed doing things to others that they would not want done to them, then how can any of us believe them when they speak of other values we should embrace?

Now my words........

Those that do evil in the name of Jesus are no more speaking for Christians than sucide bombers speak for Islam. Both are twisting the words to suit their agendas and sadly many fall for it.

Do unto others, etc
Love thy neighbor, etc
Turn the other cheek, etc

These are the words of Jesus.........show me ONE passage where he asks us to harm our fellow man.......he even begged God to forgive those that tortured him............sound like a blood thirsty person to you?

The OT has many bloody and terible things in it, but Jesus himself closed that chapter with his death. We are bound by the NT now not the OT. Almost all the things people us to justify their hatred of others is found wityhin the OT and is no longer valid. Jesus is a God of love......not war.....andf those that say otherwise are misinformed at best........and evil at worse.

Many do Satans work in Jesus name



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So....let's see if I get this right...

I go to church and I worship my God and my Savior out of my own free will....(no one tells me to do it)
I get encouragement and a nice helping hand from my pastor...(friendly advice, the ultimate decision is mine to make)
I get to socialise with individuals of like mind and spirit...
I leave feeling very satisfied and full of joy and hopeful that peace is a goal that CAN BE achieved....

and this is all...a BAD thing?


A2D



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel
 


I know what I know...and I know I don't want no sermon.
edit on 3/26/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Without doubt, christianity is the most hardened villain of the religious world. Almost all wars waged, are waged under or defended under christanity. But this "religion" fits well with wars, after all, christianity IS a "religion" based solely on fear. Fear the invisible man in the sky or burn in an imaginary pit of fire ruled by spooky demon creatures. And in the meantime, you need to give all your money to the invisible man, cause he's broke. Yeah, cool belief system y'all got there. No wonder the US Gov't likes to align itself with christianity. They make great partners in international crime.

And you may notice that when I type the word christanity, I don't allow the Google Spell check to "properly" capitalize the "c". Thats fully intentional.
edit on 3/26/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)


And almost all charities are charitable under the name of christianity...what's your point?



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree
 


And most charities claiming christian ties are full of greedy people that misappropriate donations on a regular basis.....so whats YOU'RE point??
edit on 3/26/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


If you know all that......show me where Jesus calls us to harm others, steal from others, etc

Those doing it in his name will be the first denied a place with him



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


I would consider providing proof of your claims before you go slinging accusations any-which direction....

Might I add that these are quite serious accusations you propose...felonies, no doubt....

A2D
edit on 26-3-2011 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree
 


Please, I don't have to prove anything......anyone who pays attention to the world, knows what goes on every day. And those that think every thing is peachy with organizations like those...well, they need a dose of reality.



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


If you know all that......show me where Jesus calls us to harm others, steal from others, etc

Those doing it in his name will be the first denied a place with him

Sorry, I can't. I have never and never have any intentions boring myself to death with that fictional disaster called the bible. Y'all can believe in what you want....just stop shoving religion down peoples throats that want no part of that.

There should actually be a law that prevents people from force-feeding religion to others. I define it as a form of harassment.
edit on 3/26/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


In other words...........

I dont really know but I am going to claim it as true and not change my mind no matter the facts



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


Just as I suspected....

You're one of those guys that doesn't give a dollar to a homeless man on the side of the road because you assume he's going to buy booze with it.

You're one of those guys that doesn't give a dollar to a charitable organisation for kids overseas because you assume the organisation is going to misappropriate funds.

You're one of those guys that doesn't give any money to anyone because you think they're going to misuse it so you'd rather keep it in your own bank account so that if anyone can misuse it, that someone will be you.

You're one of those guys that point fingers and say "you're greedy so I'm not giving you MY money".

(correct me if I'm wrong....just an educated guess supported by your statements....)

A2D



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


How have I tried to force my beliefs on you?

You are free to believe as you wish, YOU are the one claiming I am evil for my beliefs.....not the otherway around.

Believe it or not my God loves us both equaly



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter
 


Just as I suspected....

You're one of those guys that doesn't give a dollar to a homeless man on the side of the road because you assume he's going to buy booze with it.

You're one of those guys that doesn't give a dollar to a charitable organisation for kids overseas because you assume the organisation is going to misappropriate funds.

You're one of those guys that doesn't give any money to anyone because you think they're going to misuse it so you'd rather keep it in your own bank account so that if anyone can misuse it, that someone will be you.

You're one of those guys that point fingers and say "you're greedy so I'm not giving you MY money".

(correct me if I'm wrong....just an educated guess supported by your statements....)

A2D

Wow, you really know me.....not. Just because I choose to not believe in ancient fairytales, I'm a bad person that hates everything?
Wow, someone pass around the reality and common sense pill's.

Can't argue with brainwashed christians, so, I remove myself from this thread. Have fun with it



posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
be a law that prevents people from force-feeding religion to others. I define it as a form of harassment.
edit on 3/26/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)


I would like more information about this force-feeding of religion. Do they tie you down and blast an audio-bible? Do they kidnap you and take you to church sermons? Do they kidnap your children/nieces/nephews/cousins and take them to Sunday school? Do they tattoo biblical verses on your skin so that you have to see it everyday?

Is it really FORCE-FED to you? Or are you full of bullocks?

A2D





new topics
 
24
<< 6  7  8   >>

log in

join